Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1494 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation</p> <ul> <li><a href= Nov 4, 2011, 14:49 Icewind

necrosis wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 14:22:
avianflu wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 10:58:
I am surprised how very very similar Uncharted 3 is to 2. Looks like the same assets were used. Same gameplay mechanics.
Must be playing on a SDTV.

Actually, graphically it looks worse than UC2.

I have a 37 inch 1080p Vizio and play UC2 on it quite a bit, yet when a friend of mine came over to see what it (UC3) looked like on my TV it didn't look any better to me. Even UC1 looked better. Maybe it's the sandy environments, but it looks so drab and lifeless.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Origin Spyware Accusations
8. Re: More Origin Spyware Accusations Nov 1, 2011, 22:21 Icewind

PropheT wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 22:15:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 21:16:
"We do not have access to information such as pictures, documents or personal data ..."

"EA takes the privacy of its users very seriously. We have taken every precaution to protect the personal and anonymous user data collected ."

So you do not collect personal data but protect the personal data collected?

They have personal data from your credit card and registration information that you provided, they don't have access to personal data on your PC that you didn't provide just because you installed Origin.

Yet as it shows on that video, Origin monitors and logs Skype.

Now why would they need to do that?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
107. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Nov 1, 2011, 06:00 Icewind

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2011, 11:41:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 15:05:
Funny how people get upset about the $10 difference between the $49.99 and $59.99 for a game that (if you bought BF3 for the right reason which is MP) you'll get at least 50 hrs of fun and entertainment out of, yet noone gets upset about MMO prices.

If I add up how many years I've been subscribing to EVE ($14.99/month + cost of the game $49.99) and how much entertainment I got out of it I think BF3 is a bargain. Your mileage may vary of course but I just don't understand the big deal about the $59.99 price tag. If you do not like the game or the genre then you are not going to buy the game anyways regardless what the price is $49.99 or $59.99.

Agreed, personally between finishing the SP, which while standard shooter fair plot wise the tank and plane missions were both awesome imo, and having a blast with my platoon in MP, that extra 10 dollars was well spent in my opinion. The game is gorgeous, it runs great on my machine on high with all the bells and whistles turned on (70FPS average) and it's fucking fun. Can't ask for too much more than that.

How is a 5 hour singleplayer mode worth 60 bucks?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Rumors
19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Rumors Oct 27, 2011, 05:40 Icewind

Wow, this news is 3 days old. Are you serious?

Blues News, otherwise known as slowpoke news network.

News Comments > Skyrim Specs
40. Re: Skyrim Specs Oct 26, 2011, 06:11 Icewind

wonkawonka wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 05:55:
I don't understand you guys. We have all known for many years that Bethesda makes good platforms from which great games can be built. Bethesda just provides version 0.5 of the game, it's up to the community to get to 1.0.
Why set yourselves up for disappointments by hoping this time it'll be different?
:p

Nice smiley. Are you 12?

Also, perhaps we think that Bethesda graduated from kindergarten and wants to make adult games again? Could be.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 24, 2011, 09:41 Icewind

Ant wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 18:11:
Too many StarForce protected games! Good thing I have none. Is there an checker and uninstaller for this DRM crap?

That list is actually highly inaccurate though. Many of those games have had their Starforce removed in their final patches, such as Beyond Divinity. Or are now on GOG.com and have no DRM whatsoever.

Also, a lot of the entries are taking into account international versions and listing it as having Starforce when the US versions did not have it, such as Icewind Dale Heart of Winter. Which is funny, since he marks it as "2" when Heart of Winter is actually the expansion to the FIRST IWD game, not the second. (The 2nd had no expansion)

tl;dr: This list is bunk.

Starforce doesn't even work on anything beyond Windows XP anyway. It's a defunct scheme. Nobody uses it anymore anyway except 3rd world ****hole countries. What you need to be worried about now is Ubisoft's always-on DRM.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit
11. Re: Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit Oct 23, 2011, 18:41 Icewind

Shame this game is exclusive to Origin. I won't support Origin at all.

News Comments > Bloodlines/Dead State Interview
2. Re: Bloodlines/Dead State Interview Oct 22, 2011, 15:50 Icewind

Bloodlines was ahead of it's time. With how in-vogue vampires are now, it would have done better coming out in 2010 rather then 2004.

The game still holds up surprisingly well though. It's like a smaller, more mainstream Deus Ex. With the success of Deus Ex 3 recently, I have to wonder what Bloodlines would do if it was brought out now using L4D2's newer version of Source.

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming
45. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 15, 2011, 19:24 Icewind

finga wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 18:39:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 17:59:

Crysis 2 up-close
RAGE up-close
Cherry pick much?

Not really. I've seen a LOT better Crysis 2 textures than that one.....

...and I've seen a LOT worse textures in Rage than that Rage one he showed.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM?
29. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM? Oct 8, 2011, 15:33 Icewind

They lost me last year when they said they were doing it for consoles as well.

Metro 2033 was nice, but it was shallow, short and lacked replay value. This was mostly due to the console influence.

The always-on DRM seals the deal.

I still have the first 3 games with their complete mods, so **** 'em.

News Comments > AMD/ATI Catalyst Preview Driver for BF3 & RAGE
2. Re: AMD/ATI Catalyst Preview Driver for BF3 & RAGE Oct 7, 2011, 17:56 Icewind

Gets rid of most of my flickering but some of the NPCs do. Mick and Coffer in Wellsprings still do, anyway.

Clears up the others though.

Still wish they'd do something about the ultra low-res background textures.

News Comments > RAGE Interview
39. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 5, 2011, 05:27 Icewind

Viranth wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 04:13:
I've bought several games on steam, and some works great but others have problems. Usually it's because of steam.

I haven't checked the forums at steam, but how many users are we talking about compared to those who don't have problems? 1-10%? From my experience, many of those who complain at those forums are not the sharpest tool in the box...

And there are a lot of variables here, drivers, hardware etc. I've seen some complain it doesn't run on their onboard intel graphics card, so yeah...

You're over-simplyfying things just to prove your non-existent point.

It's easy to pass them all off as "not the sharpest tools" because they are caught in the throes of anger, but only someone eager to white knight iD Software would do that. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can see that this game was a shoddily thrown together port. Just look at the evidence.

As for the Intel integrated chip comment, I don't think so. I've been reading these boards (Steam & the mother of failure, Gfaqs) for 2 days now and haven't heard anyone say that...give PC gamers more credit than that. You're using strawman tactics.

The fact is that people expected something from Id that not only played decently but ran decently and they received something that was the FPS equivalent of Ultima 9. A launch of disastrous proportions that has done more damage to Id's name and reputation than even DOOM 3's black hole rooms of darkness did.

Steam doesn't lock options from appearing in the GUI, Steam doesn't cause textures to load or fail to load, Steam doesn't lock the FOV, Steam doesn't do anything other than provide a launchpad for a game to run. Similar to Xfire or Raptr. So to blame Steam is like blaming your work desk for your PC getting a BSOD.

tl;dr: Remove your head out of your butt, now.

News Comments > Fixed ATI RAGE Driver
3. Re: Fixed ATI RAGE Driver Oct 4, 2011, 19:02 Icewind

born2expire wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 18:24:
Awesome, so i need one driver for Rage, another for the BF3 beta and yet another for Red orchestra.

ATI is garbage!

Or you could wait 2 weeks for the next monthly release to hit that includes them all in the update.

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
47. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 1, 2011, 23:41 Icewind

eunichron wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 23:13:
Blegvad wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 22:40:
The only thing I can surmise from reading the comments threads around here is that Blue is amazingly lenient. I have yet to see Cutter ever make a cogent point or contribute anything to a discussion other than uncalled for insults and tons of hyperbole.

I don't know what it takes to get banned around here, but it's clearly a lot. This place would be 1000% times more civil and engaging without that sort of bollocks.

/backtothenews

On topic: Carmack is a legend and I'd love to shake his hand and say thanks regardless of the venue.

Welcome to Bluesnews!

He should ban creston for being a poser.

News Comments > RAGE Steam Preloads Begin
23. Re: RAGE Steam Preloads Begin Oct 1, 2011, 07:04 Icewind

Cornholio wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 03:18:
I'm really torn on this... I REALLY want to play this but I've NEVER paid $60 a game.

It's ID... I have massive amounts of faith. They have not made a game yet that I didn't enjoy(even doom3).

What sucks is no one gives the free shipping to po boxes so even if I find a discount the shipping brings it back to $60.

I guess I'll wait, like a f$%^ing year, till it's $45 or so.

You must be really poor if $15 is a big deal to you.

So you can barely squeeze out 45 but can't do 60? Where do you work, Burger King?

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Delayed to November
9. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Delayed to November Sep 30, 2011, 17:06 Icewind

After seeing those videos of the game a couple months ago and watching as it stuttered, this doesn't surprise me. They probably want to get the game running decently. Especially since they are PC-first developers that actually give a shit about us.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 18:44 Icewind

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 18:37:
I like how they told Ars Technica the game would be DRM free, yet it is Steam exclusive. Marketing!

Anyway, bought it.

Steam isn't *really* DRM.

BTW, I love that tin foil hat you wear. Does it really block government laser rays the way you folks claim it does?

News Comments > Minecraft Version 1.8 Nears
8. Re: Minecraft Version 1.8 Nears Sep 7, 2011, 05:35 Icewind

yuastnav wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 04:59:
"Looks grim to get a release out on 8th. We need more testing, one day is not enough. And we never release on fridays [sic]... I'll keep you posted."

Ah, lying through his teeth so he can postpone a release by making the original release date sound ridiculous.
Kudos for following in your bigger peers' footsteps.
Don't worry, though, I'm sure most will think it was a "honest mistake".

You people finally waking up to what I've been telling you since the beginning? Good.

The man is a shyster. A huckster. Always has been.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage
13. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 18:53 Icewind

With all the money they made off of the first one they couldn't be assed to do anything new? Same environment? Same enemies? Same animations? Good god man, this just looks like a piece of unreleased Borderlands 1 DLC. Are they seriously going to release this cut-and-paste job as a full fledged sequel?

Someone from the Dragon Age 2 team must have jumped ship and started working for Gearbox.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall Turns 15
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall Turns 15 Sep 1, 2011, 07:12 Icewind

Still have the box, manual and disk. Also have the special edition re-issue of the first game, Arena. I remember back in 2007 uploading a complete scan of the Codex Scientia strategy guide for Arena to some torrent sites to fulfill a request. Good times.

Daggerfall isn't really bad, it's just a little rough around the edges. I can't play it nowadays because I'm too spoiled as a gamer, but back in late fall of 1996 I was addicted to it.

Playing it on a 13 inch monitor in native DOS with crappy dual speakers is probably required to get the full nostalgic effect though.

1494 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo