Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1427 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble
49. Re: GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble Jun 23, 2014, 06:41 Icewind

Lord Tea wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 03:59:
Haven't played a Crytek game since their decision to develop for/focus on consoles....

You didn't miss much. I lost respect for them when they released the consolized garbage that was Crysis 2. Long narrow linear corridors with enemies so stupid even an old fart like me could beat it on the highest difficulty using nothing but stealth and one-shot stealth kills. A gigantic slap in the face to PC fans everywhere.

I smiled so wide when I read this news. Good riddance, Crytek.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?
6. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 11:34 Icewind

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 11:16:
Multiplayer? Why? To what end? DXHR already dumbed down the game enough with its linear paths and approaches to the game. While DXHR wasn't bad, it really didn't imppress me either. And after the debacle that was Thief I won't be touching this for a long time, if ever.

My thoughts exactly.

Problem is, they have to make the game palatable to the young pups out there that won't play a game that doesn't have multiplayer.

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
13. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 14, 2014, 16:24 Icewind

Destiny is one of the few next-gen games right now that have me wanting to buy a console, even if it's just Borderlands without the cel-shading. I'd say that and Bloodborne probably. In time, I may have to get a PS4.

That being said, Destiny looks fairly decent to me. I love the mixture of post-apoc (Mankind teetering on the edge) mixed with alien invasion junk and an RPG-lite system thrown on top. Nothing radical but definitely interesting.

Put it on PC and I can hold off on buying a PS4 for a while longer.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up
9. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up Jun 12, 2014, 04:31 Icewind

Seems pretty cut-and-dried to me. The protagonist is male, and as such, when you take your protagonist into a multiplayer game, that character is still Arno. Four Arno clones working in tandem. I don't see the problem here.  

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
11. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 11:06 Icewind

I love how the wussy crowd on Kotaku and Polygon are picking this up and running through the streets with it as if it's proof that developers are actively maintaining an anti-female conspiracy.

I'm sitting back with my popcorn watching it and laughing my ass off.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 3
9. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 3 Jun 10, 2014, 22:34 Icewind

The editors of Polygon went to the same journalism school Kotaku's founders went to, apparently.

I actually enjoyed the rebuttal I found here: Nichegamer

Polygon isn't credible. Not since their Dragon's Crown review which skipped the game mechanics and spent nearly the entire review whining about the size of boobs.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 11:05 Icewind

nin wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 10:43:
Xero wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 10:38:
Listen, there is no console that can ever compete with the latest PC hardware. They can hate all they want, but the console will always be limited to the hardware it comes with and to optimize the game to run SMOOTHEST vs looking great when all is said and done.

So what did you think of 4 on the pc? <ducks>

GTA4 looks great on the PC. Actually, the only negative thing you can bring up about GTA4 on the PC is the Rockstar Social club and all the havoc of the game's launch due to that service. Once all of that was ironed out, and it didn't take long, the game was glorious.

No reason to duck. No reason to be a snarky jerk. Facts are facts. GTA has always looked better on the PC.

Could be because this series was always meant to be on the PC.

That's why GTA4 on PC looks better than GTA5 on PS4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynxg0xnrLZ0

News Comments > GOG.com Announces Optional Client
4. Re: GOG.com Announces Optional Client Jun 5, 2014, 16:48 Icewind

How can anyone see this as bad? It's optional.

Here's the thing: I love steam *only* because of the community. I have dozens of friends whom I chat to through games and play games with...but to be honest, I am starting to hate steam due to its instability, new bloated condition and constant downtime. Replacing it with a GOG client that is leaner, faster, and *optional* sounds good to me.

Now to get my group to migrate...

News Comments > NVIDIA Enhancing Ubisoft PC Games
5. Re: NVIDIA Enhancing Ubisoft PC Games Jun 4, 2014, 13:55 Icewind

This must be why everyone on the boards with an AMD/ATI card are saying how it either doesn't work or runs like crap. I have an AMD card myself, but held off on buying Watch Dogs until they fixed it since all I hear from AMD-using friends is that it's unplayable with a non-nvidia GPU. Shame.

As for the stereotype about AMD's drivers, that's complete and utter bull. I left nVidia for ATI/AMD back in 2008 and never looked back. After almost a decade of suffering through nvidia drivers breaking games and never fulfilling promises, I jumped to their competitor and was pleasantly surprised.

Monthly updates, great support and I've never had older games broken due to a driver update...and that's going on 6 years now.

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Early Access Next Month
10. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Early Access Next Month May 28, 2014, 16:38 Icewind

BitComposer can get my money when they finish Chaos Chronicles.  

News Comments > Sacred 3 in August
3. Re: Sacred 3 in August May 27, 2014, 16:14 Icewind

I hope those aren't the voice-overs, because they sound abysmal.

I doubt I'll be buying it. I'd rather wait for Unsacred/Unbended, the *real* sacred game made by the original developers who slaved over the series during the previous decade.

Unbended Interview

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2014, 17:13 Icewind

Dagnamit wrote on May 18, 2014, 17:07:
Icewind wrote on May 18, 2014, 16:59:
Actually yes, he means meme. It's the current subject of all the funny clips, funny in-jokes amongst the chan crowd and is the current "hip game du jour" that your chan/reddit posers play to seem cool to their friends.

Minecraft was and still is a terrible, terrible game that was surpassed by others but what pushed into the spotlight by the pathetically monstrous power of the chan crowd. They take dorky little pieces of filth like that game and Day Z, and throw their internet hipster weight behind them, making them something they weren't meant to be.

Go ahead, think the game is some high-minded exercise in software exellence, but anyone with a modicum of intelligence is aware that it's just there due to chantard meme-ization

TLDR; I have a different opinion than you and that makes me mad.

Typical.

Mad? No. Just disgusted that the young pups in this hobby are willing to lick smegma off of a developer's junk and call themselves cultured for doing so.

Continue being ignorant. You harm no one but yourself, pup.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2014, 16:59 Icewind

Actually yes, he means meme. It's the current subject of all the funny clips, funny in-jokes amongst the chan crowd and is the current "hip game du jour" that your chan/reddit posers play to seem cool to their friends.

Minecraft was and still is a terrible, terrible game that was surpassed by others but what pushed into the spotlight by the pathetically monstrous power of the chan crowd. They take dorky little pieces of filth like that game and Day Z, and throw their internet hipster weight behind them, making them something they weren't meant to be.

Go ahead, think the game is some high-minded exercise in software exellence, but anyone with a modicum of intelligence is aware that it's just there due to chantard meme-ization

News Comments > Wasteland 2 in "Final Stages"; Linux Early Access Released
5. Re: Wasteland 2 in Apr 19, 2014, 08:53 Icewind

I've avoided the early access primarily because I want to approach the game with a clean mind (having been a huge fan of both the first Wasteland and Fallout), but the anger, disappointment and overall negative reception the game has gotten from early access players has me worried.

I was going into this game thinking it would be the end-all be-all sequel we fans always wanted, but now I just want it to be marginally decent.

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
11. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 27, 2014, 20:48 Icewind

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 19:58:
Sure there's a catch - you have to register for Origin. I've managed to avoid that since it came out. I still don't feel like I've missed anything.

Same here. I'd love to play DA3 and ME3, but as a PC gamer I won't see them unless they put them on Steam.

Won't touch Origin. No point. Gog and Steam fulfill all my needs as a gamer. Origin would be a third wheel.

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
10. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 27, 2014, 20:47 Icewind

Origin: searched your Skype logs, was a big scandal when it broke a couple years back.

Steam: Slowly trying to become as cool as GOG by allowing refunds and such.

GOG: The Bee's knees.

That's about it.

News Comments > Goat Simulator Now a Real Thing
10. Re: Goat Simulator Now a Real Thing Feb 11, 2014, 21:57 Icewind

Well this should warrant a week or two of play.  

News Comments > QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History
21. Re: QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History Dec 18, 2013, 15:16 Icewind

Beamer wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:34:
oRuin wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:03:
I honestly wish that I could go back to the mid-late 90s. Just don't enjoy gaming as much than back then.

Is that because of you, or because of games?

Mid to late 90s was the golden age. I feel the same way. Playing Diablo 1 and Ultima Online all night. Going through Fallout for the umpteenth time. Quake deathmatches. The awe of building my first PC (To replace one I overpaid for in 96) so I could play Unreal in late 1998. That christmas where I played BG1 and HL1 nonstop for hours...

There is no magic left in gaming. Maybe it's all been done, maybe it's just nostalgia I don't know...but for me the magic isn't there in gaming anymore. I want a game to conquer my life and capture my imagination the way the first two fallouts, BG or Diablo did. Last game to do that was probably Gothic 2 back in 2003.

News Comments > QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History
20. Re: QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History Dec 18, 2013, 15:12 Icewind

Good memories. I got online 17 years ago then, because I signed up for my first (As in, it was paid for by me, not leeching off a friend) internet account back in October of 1996. Couple months later I got the shareware of Quake and a friend unlocked it for me. We used to play Quakeworld all the time after that. Funny how it was so playable even at 28.8bps whereas I dumped DSL back 6 years ago because it was too SLOW. Amazing.

Modern shooters don't do shit for me. Quake, the first Unreal and UT...after that it all started to go downhill. I think UT was the peak. For me anyway.

News Comments > Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale
30. Re: Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 12, 2013, 14:09 Icewind

harlock wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 13:59:
Icewind wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 13:57:
Why does everyone whine about that?

because it sucks?

i dont know, ask everyone

Thanks for that eloquent rebuttal.

You reinvigorate my standing theory that those who whine about it are just petulant, demanding children who have no skill with CRPGs.

Either that or like most kids you parrot what others say on forums and tout that as part of your learned experience.

Simple fact is, that 13 year time limit is way more time than even the most casual of wasteland explorers need to 100% the game. Anyone saying otherwise is a poser.

1427 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo