Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1463 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway
43. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 18:14 Icewind

Diablo 3? You mean the Facebook kiddie casual console-ized game?

LOL

no.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Final Fantasy Action/RPG?
2. Re: Final Fantasy Action/RPG? Nov 16, 2011, 12:30 Icewind

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:13:
You know what's also a trend you ignore at your peril? The six million FF fans who thought FF13 was shit.

Creston

What about the millions more that actually still bought the damn thing?

Sheep will buy anything. I left that series after the ass-tastic FF8. Done after that.

News Comments > Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin
12. removed Nov 16, 2011, 12:25 Icewind

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 16, 2011, 14:58.

News Comments > EA Forum Bans Still Earning Game Bans?
9. Re: EA Forum Bans Still Earning Game Bans? Nov 14, 2011, 10:47 Icewind

WarpCrow wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 10:12:
I wonder what excuse will be given by the Origin Defense Brigade for this particular embarrassment. Valve might VAC ban you or ban you from the forums, but it takes a lot to actually be banned from your Steam account (a chargeback, fraud, cheating Valve in some way), and even then you can still play offline AFAIK.

They'll probably say something like:

"It was a rogue moderator who didn't know any better, he'll be taken care of, he has nothing to do with Origin since he was just a non-paid community forums moderator, so stop blaming EA!"

Or possibly:

"LOL, at least Origin won't lose your credit cards!"

So yeah, just wait, the "Steam Hating Tinfoil Hat Brigade" should be here soon to show us that this is a non-issue and that Steam is horrible and Origin is the messiah. Or whatever.

News Comments > Steam Forum Downtime Follow-up; Steam Also Breached
39. Re: Steam Forum Downtime Follow-up; Steam Also Breached Nov 10, 2011, 19:42 Icewind

Wildone wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 19:35:
This whole recent spate of LulzSec hacking drama is just one huge blackop designed to bring fear into the 'open' internet, guess who will come out with a solution?! A tightly controlled safe & government locked down new net 2.0. Just wait.

Ladies and gentleman, we have a winner.

Exactly, and the kiddie basement dwellers at lulzsec were actually aiding the very same people they sought to make fun of. They were punishing legit customers while helping the government.

I see this new internet as coming very soon.

/tinfoilhat

News Comments > More A Game of Throne Games Planned
10. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 10, 2011, 06:49 Icewind

Saw some screenshots and it looks like a broke-ass Dragon age Origins clone. Also loved the black borders around the character models, which reveals that they are just flat 2D images super-imposed over a background to create a mock-up. Nice work there guys.

This doesn't look too good.

News Comments > Skyrim DLC Will Be "More Substantial"
6. Re: Skyrim DLC Will Be Nov 7, 2011, 23:05 Icewind

Blackhawk wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 22:44:
The horse armor was one of the first pieces of DLC to be released for the PC, back when it was still a new concept. They were experimenting, trying to figure out where the value/content line needed to be. They've admitted themselves that they were way, way off on a couple of the first pieces.

And here we are, in an era where it's now acceptable.

Had the horse armor come out today people would be smiling about it, buying it and bragging about buying it.

News Comments > Steam Forums Hacked?
35. Re: Steam Forums Hacked? Nov 7, 2011, 21:13 Icewind

If you have Steamguard on, you can stop whining and worrying.

News Comments > Square Enix Financials Human Revolution Ships 2M+
6. Re: Square Enix Financials Human Revolution Ships 2M+ Nov 5, 2011, 06:26 Icewind

Kitkoan wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 23:09:
I wonder how many of these sales were for the PC verse different consoles?
I would love Square Enix to bring more games to the PC. Most notably its RPGs like Final Fantasy-style ones. I already own "The Last Remnant" and would like others games. I would happily re-buy games like Star Ocean 4 and FF XIII for the PC, as well as pre-order FF XIII-2.

*** On a side note, anyone know of console-style RPG's like these on the PC? (covers in fear of mentioning "console-style" and "PC" in the same sentence)

Anachronox. It's basically a PC version of Chrono Trigger.

There's also Septerra Core, which is good but more like a standard JRPG.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation</p> <ul> <li><a href= Nov 4, 2011, 14:49 Icewind

necrosis wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 14:22:
avianflu wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 10:58:
I am surprised how very very similar Uncharted 3 is to 2. Looks like the same assets were used. Same gameplay mechanics.
Must be playing on a SDTV.

Actually, graphically it looks worse than UC2.

I have a 37 inch 1080p Vizio and play UC2 on it quite a bit, yet when a friend of mine came over to see what it (UC3) looked like on my TV it didn't look any better to me. Even UC1 looked better. Maybe it's the sandy environments, but it looks so drab and lifeless.

News Comments > More Origin Spyware Accusations
8. Re: More Origin Spyware Accusations Nov 1, 2011, 22:21 Icewind

PropheT wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 22:15:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 21:16:
"We do not have access to information such as pictures, documents or personal data ..."

"EA takes the privacy of its users very seriously. We have taken every precaution to protect the personal and anonymous user data collected ."

So you do not collect personal data but protect the personal data collected?

They have personal data from your credit card and registration information that you provided, they don't have access to personal data on your PC that you didn't provide just because you installed Origin.

Yet as it shows on that video, Origin monitors and logs Skype.

Now why would they need to do that?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
107. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Nov 1, 2011, 06:00 Icewind

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2011, 11:41:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 15:05:
Funny how people get upset about the $10 difference between the $49.99 and $59.99 for a game that (if you bought BF3 for the right reason which is MP) you'll get at least 50 hrs of fun and entertainment out of, yet noone gets upset about MMO prices.

If I add up how many years I've been subscribing to EVE ($14.99/month + cost of the game $49.99) and how much entertainment I got out of it I think BF3 is a bargain. Your mileage may vary of course but I just don't understand the big deal about the $59.99 price tag. If you do not like the game or the genre then you are not going to buy the game anyways regardless what the price is $49.99 or $59.99.

Agreed, personally between finishing the SP, which while standard shooter fair plot wise the tank and plane missions were both awesome imo, and having a blast with my platoon in MP, that extra 10 dollars was well spent in my opinion. The game is gorgeous, it runs great on my machine on high with all the bells and whistles turned on (70FPS average) and it's fucking fun. Can't ask for too much more than that.

How is a 5 hour singleplayer mode worth 60 bucks?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Rumors
19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Rumors Oct 27, 2011, 05:40 Icewind

Wow, this news is 3 days old. Are you serious?

Blues News, otherwise known as slowpoke news network.

News Comments > Skyrim Specs
40. Re: Skyrim Specs Oct 26, 2011, 06:11 Icewind

wonkawonka wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 05:55:
I don't understand you guys. We have all known for many years that Bethesda makes good platforms from which great games can be built. Bethesda just provides version 0.5 of the game, it's up to the community to get to 1.0.
Why set yourselves up for disappointments by hoping this time it'll be different?
:p

Nice smiley. Are you 12?

Also, perhaps we think that Bethesda graduated from kindergarten and wants to make adult games again? Could be.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 24, 2011, 09:41 Icewind

Ant wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 18:11:
Too many StarForce protected games! Good thing I have none. Is there an checker and uninstaller for this DRM crap?

That list is actually highly inaccurate though. Many of those games have had their Starforce removed in their final patches, such as Beyond Divinity. Or are now on GOG.com and have no DRM whatsoever.

Also, a lot of the entries are taking into account international versions and listing it as having Starforce when the US versions did not have it, such as Icewind Dale Heart of Winter. Which is funny, since he marks it as "2" when Heart of Winter is actually the expansion to the FIRST IWD game, not the second. (The 2nd had no expansion)

tl;dr: This list is bunk.

Starforce doesn't even work on anything beyond Windows XP anyway. It's a defunct scheme. Nobody uses it anymore anyway except 3rd world ****hole countries. What you need to be worried about now is Ubisoft's always-on DRM.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit
11. Re: Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit Oct 23, 2011, 18:41 Icewind

Shame this game is exclusive to Origin. I won't support Origin at all.

News Comments > Bloodlines/Dead State Interview
2. Re: Bloodlines/Dead State Interview Oct 22, 2011, 15:50 Icewind

Bloodlines was ahead of it's time. With how in-vogue vampires are now, it would have done better coming out in 2010 rather then 2004.

The game still holds up surprisingly well though. It's like a smaller, more mainstream Deus Ex. With the success of Deus Ex 3 recently, I have to wonder what Bloodlines would do if it was brought out now using L4D2's newer version of Source.

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming
45. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 15, 2011, 19:24 Icewind

finga wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 18:39:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 17:59:

Crysis 2 up-close
RAGE up-close
Cherry pick much?

Not really. I've seen a LOT better Crysis 2 textures than that one.....

...and I've seen a LOT worse textures in Rage than that Rage one he showed.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM?
29. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM? Oct 8, 2011, 15:33 Icewind

They lost me last year when they said they were doing it for consoles as well.

Metro 2033 was nice, but it was shallow, short and lacked replay value. This was mostly due to the console influence.

The always-on DRM seals the deal.

I still have the first 3 games with their complete mods, so **** 'em.

News Comments > AMD/ATI Catalyst Preview Driver for BF3 & RAGE
2. Re: AMD/ATI Catalyst Preview Driver for BF3 & RAGE Oct 7, 2011, 17:56 Icewind

Gets rid of most of my flickering but some of the NPCs do. Mick and Coffer in Wellsprings still do, anyway.

Clears up the others though.

Still wish they'd do something about the ultra low-res background textures.

1463 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo