Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1424 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Commander Announced
2. Re: Dragon Commander Announced Aug 12, 2011, 23:44 Icewind

RPGwatch reported on this on Thursday.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Eidos Montreal: Deus Ex: Invisible War a "Cautionary Tale"
48. Re: Eidos Montreal: Deus Ex: Invisible War a Aug 12, 2011, 19:29 Icewind

I remember every one of you Blues regulars spooging over Invisible War.

I hated the thing, and still consider it a dumbed-down console port with small hub areas and a lack of the tin-foil-hattery that DX was always about.

News Comments > Path of Exile Closed Beta
1. Re: Path of Exile Closed Beta Aug 11, 2011, 12:05 Icewind

Actually, they were taking Beta apps as early as 4 months ago. I should know, I put one in.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Hotfix Patch
2. Re: The Witcher 2 Hotfix Patch Aug 11, 2011, 04:21 Icewind

Which one, the Dragon or the witcher? Both opponents were weak as hell if you ask me. You get so over-powered, plus if you did the optional quest for the dragon armor you're basically a walking god.

I really think they dropped the ball on the last chapter and the final 2 bosses. Very weak.

The other 80% of the game was great though.

News Comments > Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM
14. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 11, 2011, 04:08 Icewind

Two words only:

Grim Dawn.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Aug 10, 2011, 15:36 Icewind

Ruffiana wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 15:33:
It may have seen steady or slight gains over the years, but consoles exploded in that same time frame.

That's only because a lot of poor welfare trash got into the hobby. There is more poor welfare trash playing on "poor people machines" (AKA: Consoles) than there are financially stable people playing on PCs.

Let the welfare trash have their poor people's machines. In time they'll all die from lack of health insurance anyway. Screw them.

News Comments > BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future
3. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Aug 9, 2011, 22:50 Icewind

They lost me after DA2 and ME2 turned out to be console kiddie crap. I have *zero* faith in them to create anything along the lines of KOTOR/BG2/NWN/DA:O ever again. Their time is over.

I won't even be pirating DA3. I want nothing to do with BioWare or their watered down "kiddie console" sequels.

News Comments > Drakensang Online Open Beta Begins
4. Re: Drakensang Online Open Beta Begins Aug 9, 2011, 01:20 Icewind

Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 23:55:
You're not missing anything. They were terminally boring games. Why this is being made is beyond me.

You must not have played them very far. The first game *was* terminally boring for the first few hours, but afterward when you are fighting a swarm of a few dozen undead, a couple necromancers and a boss lizard and have to distribute aggro for an hour while carefully picking and choosing skills it actually surpasses Baldur's Gate in terms of strategy and challenge as far as pausable RPGs are concerned.

I went through the first game four times and the second game three. They are great CRPGs that are far better than the bottom-dwelling, thin-blooded simpleton crap we are normally given (Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2, Oblivion etc)

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Notch on Being Courted by EA
3. Re: Quoteworthy - Notch on Being Courted by EA Aug 5, 2011, 21:15 Icewind

ASeven wrote on Aug 5, 2011, 20:47:
This is why indies are taking over pc gaming slowly. Indies today, the vast majority, has learned the bitter lesson of working for publishers and many simply refuse to be bought at any price because it's not worth working for a publisher.

The costs of working as indie are far more advantageous then the miserable working life under a publisher. Apart from financial stress at the start of a project, indies don't have the brutal work conditions a publisher has, their lives are less stressful and they actually don't have to sell nearly half as much a dev under a publisher has to sell to break even to make a good profit.

Indies today learned a valuable lesson: better to do it alone, without stress, without a publisher controlling all their ideas, demanding modifications in the ideas the devs don't approve and without the constant looming shadow of the layoff. Indies learned this well, which is why many will not allow themselves to be bought, the indie vibe far outweighs any temporary monetary reward.

This is the era of the indie and I believe pc gaming will soon be completely dominated by indie gaming.

Words I've spoken many times on many other sites. So very true.

+1

News Comments > Grim Dawn, the "Casual-Player Hostile" Action/RPG
10. Re: Grim Dawn, the "Casual-Player Hostile" Action/RPG Aug 4, 2011, 02:20 Icewind

Hardcore game?

I'm in. That's all you had to say. I'm in.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Announced
32. Re: Borderlands 2 Announced Aug 3, 2011, 14:06 Icewind

elefunk wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 12:41:
Woo! Can't wait to check this out at PAX

Hopefully they take the PC problem criticisms to heart for the sequel.

They won't. Even though I'm willing to bet with all the steam sales (7.50 for the whole GOTY edition, which I bought) they probably made more money on PC than they did both consoles combined.

We know from DNF that this guy is a fucking console fag.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon?
47. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 14:45 Icewind

Krovven wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 14:42:
more stuff...

- Push-To-Talk voice, with options for volume, individual player mute, etc.
- Ending...adding to what Verno said...and I've harped on it in almost every BL thread since release. The ending was a pathetic joke, easy stationary boss, practically no loot, bad cut-scene, Vault locked back up. Lame.
- Better friends list (hand in hand with UI overhaul) that doesn't use Gamespy. Use Steamworks for god sakes.
- Maybe a crafting system with old guns.
- Ability to mod guns.
- Better looking, less barren world (don't use desert landscape, or at least have a variety), drop the vehicles, or at least make them fun and control better.

All of those would require the game not to be a consolized piece of crap. Hence, it ain't gonna happen, jack.

Like Borderlands 1, it'll be a slapdash quickie game meant for consoles and half-arsed ported to the PC.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
265. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 20:16 Icewind

Wonderful. So they force me to store my offline character on their servers? Their excuse doesn't make sense, because you could NOT play "realm" Diablo 2 characters offline, so I don't get why "non-realm" characters have to be forced online when played offline....

Unless they are so desperate to shoe-horn in DRM that they use this as an excuse.

Figures.

Torchlight 2 is my Diablo 3. Blizzard can suck it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 20:28 Icewind

Slashman wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 18:06:
Thanks to all the PC zombies who are continuing to encourage Activision in pushing out more CoD content. Yay for discerning PC gamer tastes... Rolleyes

Yes, because the thin-blooded cro-magnon idiots who run crappy store-bought PCs (or worse, Dells) are clearly the gatekeepers of cool in the PC gaming hobby.

GTFO.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Origin Spoof
3. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Origin Spoof Jul 30, 2011, 18:34 Icewind

Wow this is old news. They did this like 3-4 days ago.

You're just now picking up on this?

News Comments > Free Online Alganon Comic Book
3. Re: Free Online Alganon Comic Book Jul 28, 2011, 13:46 Icewind

Alganon. The game for people too poor to play World of Warcraft.  

News Comments > Happy Birthday(s): StarCraft 2, MS-DOS, and Anachronox
2. Re: Happy Birthday(s): StarCraft 2, MS-DOS, and Anachronox Jul 27, 2011, 22:21 Icewind

Anachronox was one of the best JRPGs I ever played, and it was a PC only game. Really funny, really long, really LARGE. Was like Chrono Trigger in space.

Can't say a good enough things about it.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
52. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 16:41 Icewind

necrosis wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 15:15:
MysterD wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 15:11:
Eyefinity Support shown off from ComicCon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teldcBqztOE&feature=youtu.be
Jesus if I hear Eyefinity one more time I am going to punch a baby in the face.

Just because you are too poor to make use of it doesn't mean you have to hate it.

Get a job.

News Comments > On Risen 2 DRM
15. removed Jul 26, 2011, 14:10 Icewind

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 26, 2011, 18:05.

News Comments > Chantelise This Week, Demo Released
1. Re: Chantelise This Week, Demo Released Jul 25, 2011, 21:38 Icewind

Jesus, is everyone slow here? This is old news and was posted LAST FRIDAY the 22nd.

Slowpokes.

1424 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo