Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1422 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fixed ATI RAGE Driver
3. Re: Fixed ATI RAGE Driver Oct 4, 2011, 19:02 Icewind

born2expire wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 18:24:
Awesome, so i need one driver for Rage, another for the BF3 beta and yet another for Red orchestra.

ATI is garbage!

Or you could wait 2 weeks for the next monthly release to hit that includes them all in the update.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
47. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 1, 2011, 23:41 Icewind

eunichron wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 23:13:
Blegvad wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 22:40:
The only thing I can surmise from reading the comments threads around here is that Blue is amazingly lenient. I have yet to see Cutter ever make a cogent point or contribute anything to a discussion other than uncalled for insults and tons of hyperbole.

I don't know what it takes to get banned around here, but it's clearly a lot. This place would be 1000% times more civil and engaging without that sort of bollocks.

/backtothenews

On topic: Carmack is a legend and I'd love to shake his hand and say thanks regardless of the venue.

Welcome to Bluesnews!

He should ban creston for being a poser.

News Comments > RAGE Steam Preloads Begin
23. Re: RAGE Steam Preloads Begin Oct 1, 2011, 07:04 Icewind

Cornholio wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 03:18:
I'm really torn on this... I REALLY want to play this but I've NEVER paid $60 a game.

It's ID... I have massive amounts of faith. They have not made a game yet that I didn't enjoy(even doom3).

What sucks is no one gives the free shipping to po boxes so even if I find a discount the shipping brings it back to $60.

I guess I'll wait, like a f$%^ing year, till it's $45 or so.

You must be really poor if $15 is a big deal to you.

So you can barely squeeze out 45 but can't do 60? Where do you work, Burger King?

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Delayed to November
9. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Delayed to November Sep 30, 2011, 17:06 Icewind

After seeing those videos of the game a couple months ago and watching as it stuttered, this doesn't surprise me. They probably want to get the game running decently. Especially since they are PC-first developers that actually give a shit about us.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 18:44 Icewind

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 18:37:
I like how they told Ars Technica the game would be DRM free, yet it is Steam exclusive. Marketing!

Anyway, bought it.

Steam isn't *really* DRM.

BTW, I love that tin foil hat you wear. Does it really block government laser rays the way you folks claim it does?

News Comments > Minecraft Version 1.8 Nears
8. Re: Minecraft Version 1.8 Nears Sep 7, 2011, 05:35 Icewind

yuastnav wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 04:59:
"Looks grim to get a release out on 8th. We need more testing, one day is not enough. And we never release on fridays [sic]... I'll keep you posted."

Ah, lying through his teeth so he can postpone a release by making the original release date sound ridiculous.
Kudos for following in your bigger peers' footsteps.
Don't worry, though, I'm sure most will think it was a "honest mistake".

You people finally waking up to what I've been telling you since the beginning? Good.

The man is a shyster. A huckster. Always has been.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage
13. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 18:53 Icewind

With all the money they made off of the first one they couldn't be assed to do anything new? Same environment? Same enemies? Same animations? Good god man, this just looks like a piece of unreleased Borderlands 1 DLC. Are they seriously going to release this cut-and-paste job as a full fledged sequel?

Someone from the Dragon Age 2 team must have jumped ship and started working for Gearbox.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall Turns 15
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall Turns 15 Sep 1, 2011, 07:12 Icewind

Still have the box, manual and disk. Also have the special edition re-issue of the first game, Arena. I remember back in 2007 uploading a complete scan of the Codex Scientia strategy guide for Arena to some torrent sites to fulfill a request. Good times.

Daggerfall isn't really bad, it's just a little rough around the edges. I can't play it nowadays because I'm too spoiled as a gamer, but back in late fall of 1996 I was addicted to it.

Playing it on a 13 inch monitor in native DOS with crappy dual speakers is probably required to get the full nostalgic effect though.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
31. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow Aug 28, 2011, 17:09 Icewind

Christ you guys are slow. This started appearing two days ago.

nin just now realized it?

Ugh.

Slowpokes.

News Comments > Valve on Steam Trade-Ins
21. removed Aug 27, 2011, 06:59 Icewind

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 28, 2011, 17:10.

News Comments > Valve on Steam Trade-Ins
20. Re: Valve on Steam Trade-Ins Aug 27, 2011, 06:56 Icewind

Nate wrote on Aug 27, 2011, 03:04:
If you can re-sell your downloaded games then the developers and publishers will start charging more up front. They will also start doing other things to make you want to purchase new rather than purchase used.

Gabe must know this. Its not complicated. I expect never to be able to re-sell a downloaded game. Doesn't bother me.

^

This ended the discussion. Period.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock
14. Re: Legend of Grimrock Aug 26, 2011, 18:16 Icewind

Wow is this old. I've been following this guy on twitter for 2 weeks and heard about it on RPGwatch a MONTH ago.

You guys need to get out of the cave.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Classier, Not Pricier
12. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 12:38 Icewind

Got some friends who are already planning to co-op this with me day one. Sad thing is, we've all agreed to not buy Diablo 3. Well, except for one who still thinks it'll be fun.

Fun or no, I'm not going to get banned for running a mod and being called a cheater by Blizzard. They've banned people from Starcraft 2 for running offline "modifications" and I'm not going to get my game taken away from me for practicing my rights as a gamer.

News Comments > Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives
3. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 21:21 Icewind

Must be about that little gaming portable device they showed at E3.

Looked neat, but how powerful is it? If you can run real current PC games on it, sure. If it's just a weak netbook type thing, I'll pass.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
2. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Aug 19, 2011, 19:39 Icewind

It's only screwed up because these idiots keep adding stuff that doesn't need to be added.  

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released
16. Re: Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released Aug 16, 2011, 06:39 Icewind

Jerykk wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 23:55:
finga wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 23:49:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 23:14:
Why do you need this many stores to sell a game that sucks ass?
The game is fucking fantastic. Did you actually play it?

You dare question the authority of Reagle? Better watch yourself. He'll own your ass in CoD.

Yes, if someone doesn't like your indie darling game it must therefore mean he;s a CoD nerd.

Can we stop making that assumption? Every idiot that hears me say I hate Minecraft pulls that shit, and the only thing I hate more than Minecraft are military FPS games.

News Comments > EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform"
15. removed Aug 13, 2011, 17:04 Icewind

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 14, 2011, 13:43.

News Comments > Dragon Commander Announced
2. Re: Dragon Commander Announced Aug 12, 2011, 23:44 Icewind

RPGwatch reported on this on Thursday.

News Comments > Eidos Montreal: Deus Ex: Invisible War a "Cautionary Tale"
48. Re: Eidos Montreal: Deus Ex: Invisible War a Aug 12, 2011, 19:29 Icewind

I remember every one of you Blues regulars spooging over Invisible War.

I hated the thing, and still consider it a dumbed-down console port with small hub areas and a lack of the tin-foil-hattery that DX was always about.

1422 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo