Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1448 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gearbox Working on Fixing Your Badass in Borderlands 2
7. Re: Gearbox Working on Fixing Your Badass in Borderlands 2 Sep 26, 2012, 06:42 Icewind

I hated the weapon skill level system in Borderlands 1 since you couldn't really change weapons late game since you'd be so unskilled with them. I think getting rid of that and replacing it with the badass "system" is a big improvement. I'm around badass rank 600 now and loving life as a lv 14 commando. Amazing game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Beta Begins
12. Re: Steam Big Picture Beta Begins Sep 11, 2012, 05:17 Icewind

I'm using it simply because I couldn't see the regular UI from 10 feet on my 37inch HDTV, so yeah....it certainly cleared that up.

I also like its design and how fast it moves (I don't get everyone whining about it being laggy, maybe they need to get off of dial-up) so no complaints here.

I was amazed at how well it used my KB+M, since I figured it was designed for a controller. OVerall, a 10/10 for me.

News Comments > Obsidian Entertainment Tease
7. Re: Obsidian Entertainment Tease Sep 10, 2012, 22:15 Icewind

It'll be Fallout Online.

LOL

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
8. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 18:05 Icewind

Anyone with a brain could see the game looked like shit. Console ports are RARELY decent, and even if they are it's mainly due to the game being made by a top tier developer like Bethesda. (Which is pushing it since even they can barely port correctly)

I had a lot of friends hyped for the game, some who were big fans of the first and I just didn't see where all the excitement was coming from. Some half-assed 3D Zelda clone? I could go back and play LoK Soul Reaver for that. It's on GOG for a pittance.

Plus any game that requires 2 million sales just to break even was a very poorly planned game. The industry needs to downsize and rethink their strategy. Take a cue from the indie devs like Gaslamp Games...do it smaller and better, not bigger and flashier.

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
67. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 18:37 Icewind

Wardell is a Republican anyway. Screw him and his company.  

News Comments > Clockwork Empires Announced
4. Re: Clockwork Empires Announced Aug 27, 2012, 21:40 Icewind

ASeven wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 21:36:
nin wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 21:09:
Yeah, after DoD, I'll definitely check out what they do next...

Quite a leap though, from a rogue-like to a full city builder.

Considering how incredibly deep that roguelike was, it's not much of a leap at all.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
24. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2012, 09:30 Icewind

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 07:44:
I had this idea that anyone stealing any idea should pay me money because I PATENTED ALL STOLEN IDEAS.. and that is what Apple has done. Apple has 0 innovative patents, its 100% bullshit, that is not just common sense but god damn rectangle tablets. They patented rectangle tablets.. that's not a idea, that is a fucking usability thing. How would you hold anything NOT rectangle.

Don't say that to the gadget and device intelligentsia, they will call you an "iHater" and go tell you to play with your android.

I've always seen Apple for what it is; a company unable to come up with any fresh new ideas and instead does something that someone else did but didn't have the money to market it in such a way that less knowledgeable people think it's a breakthrough.

Or they come up with something gimmicky that makes hipsters/old folks/mentally deficient people think it's essential to their life. Nintendo is good for that as well.

Apple diehards are the one group I truly look down on. They know nothing about their tech, can't build a PC, and coast by on knowledge gleamed from their local genius bar.

News Comments > Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week
29. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 23:25 Icewind

Annex wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 22:22:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 22:18:
Regardless of d3....how could anyone enjoy TL1? Honestly that game was pure crap compared to the thousand other Diablo CRPG clones out there

I disagree with your opinion, as im sure everyone else who really liked Torchlight.

In a way the guy makes sense, but if you played with a lot of mods like I (and many others) did, it made it a very enjoyable and long lasting game. I especially loved the Paladin class, complete with Diablo 2 aura spells.

The thing is, as mediocre as "vanilla" TL1 was, if you compare it to Diablo 3 it's a modern masterpiece of game design. Diablo 3 is such a disaster and so traitorous to its first two games that it can't even compete with a half-assed unmodded clone like out-of-the-box TL1.

Since TL2 will have deeper systems, more challenge and a better story I'd say you're better off playing that than anything else right now.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 23, 2012, 23:54 Icewind

Watching the forums is some of the best fun I've had this week. I love seeing white knights defend and rationalize the piss poor decisions the developers made with this shoddy port as much as I enjoy idiots that never read the news act shocked when they realize it was half-assed garbage.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Rolling Out
48. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 22, 2012, 06:47 Icewind

So glad I didn't buy this trainwreck.

I feel no sympathy for you dipshits who did though. The writing was on the wall. With no attribute allocation, no real skill trees, no build creation...it reeked of console-ification. (And Blizzard advertising that they needed console programmers was a good indication this was going in that direction eventually.)

Enjoy your garbage.

News Comments > Diablo Creator on Diablo III
9. Re: Diablo Creator on Diablo III Aug 19, 2012, 17:09 Icewind

eunichron wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 14:49:
Tumbler wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 14:45:
Building the game around the auction house was a bad idea. The earlier games were built around loot. In this game the loot you really want is in the auction house. The stuff you get in the game is largely trash that you need to turn into gold then go buy what you'd hope to see dropped in your game.

It's no fun to stop playing the game all the time to go browse the auction house for hours. And the whole multi day auction ala ebay...that is just laughably stupid.

In concept it was a fine idea. Diablo and Diablo 2 had a very large and healthy trade and barter community around them, including a black market for real money transactions. It's obvious to see how Blizzard would want to incorporate that into the game, both to capitalize on it and to protect users from the sometimes nefarious Diablo 2 real money market. It just didn't work out so well in practice.

Wrong. Spoken like a true neophyte within this hobby.

In Diablo 2 it was fairly easy to get that Corposemourn, that Angelic Raiment (My last trip through I hit level 85 with my barb and found 3 of them) and a few Grandfathers/Bul-kathos blades. You can easily get the gear you *need* by merely farming a boss for one night. A few hours of beating Baal on Nightmare or Mephisto on Hell and guess what? You have all you need.

The problem with D3 is it doesn't work that way. You need to peruse the auction house to get that gear. Hardwork isn't rewarded in the same way it was in D1 and 2.

Sit down, play these games for long periods of time and it'll make sense. Don't talk out of your ass.

News Comments > Diablo Creator on Diablo III
8. Re: Diablo Creator on Diablo III Aug 19, 2012, 17:05 Icewind

Beamer wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 16:58:
Of course, most of that knowledge and most of that people went on to create Hellgate: London.

No, Roper is mostly to blame for that. Also his insistence on making 50% of the game essentially an FPS. He had too many ideas and wanted to please too many gamer types than reality would allow.

Plus Hellgate was a gigantic clusterfuck. It was released far too soon, never fully bug tested (even months after launch) and the different tiers of paying/non-paying players created a lot of ill will towards the designers from gamers. It was just a mistake all around.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Borderlands 2
9. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 16:59 Icewind

Hellbinder wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 16:24:
After watching the hunger games last night... reading game description after game description like this one... its just depressing

People do nothing anymore but sit around and fill their heads and feed their emotions with as much pointless violence, bloodshed and mistreatment of others as they can fit into a 24 hour period. Oh lets not forget sex, sex, sex..

None of this can lead to anything good for the human race.

You are one of society's weak links.

Let me guess, you were bullied in school? Poor baby.

News Comments > OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways
23. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 17, 2012, 18:42 Icewind

nin wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 18:33:
Bye bye, OnLive. Let's all hope services like yours never, ever, EVER come the fuck back.

I have to agree. Can't say they'll be missed...

Between this an gaikai being sold to sony, this experiment seems to have largely failed...

I couldn't be happier. Though I feel for the employees and their uncertain futures, this method of gaming does a lot of disservice to the consumer. Without the ability to modify hardware, tweak an .ini file, change settings or apply mods this service, had it caught on to the point they said it would, might have caused the same sort of negative shift in gaming usability that the "consilification" effect had on gaming with the rise of the Xbox.

Goodbye and good riddance.

Good luck to the unemployed though.

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2012, 19:07 Icewind

God, when are people going to get it into their thick skull that buying something you know isn't helping the hobby actually makes things worse since the publisher figures they can get away with it.

If you let them believe we're ok with this, they will continue pushing out shoddy ports. It's like an abused wife that doesn't call the cops on her husband. If you don't put your foot down you'll never see a positive result. The culprit will continue using you because they know you'll allow them to get away with it.

News Comments > Diablo III Hero Profiles Live
11. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 18:43 Icewind

I'm really pleased at the reception D3 is finally getting. You and everyone else were frothing at the mouth in defense of this game leading up to release and I tried to tell you it would be a shipwreck.

Well, it is. I'm glad everyone is dumping on it.

As for Path of Exile I played some of the beta back in the spring and didn't like it. Me and a friend went through together and aside from the great graphics there isn't anything special about it. Unless you're into PK stuff I suppose, since they said there will be a focus on that.

I'm pinning my hopes on Torchlight 2.

News Comments > Final Fantasy VII PC Released and Pulled
21. Re: Final Fantasy VII PC Released and Pulled Aug 6, 2012, 18:27 Icewind

I was working in a Software Etc. when FF7 PC came out and yes, there was really only one bug and a big one: Riva TNT cards (What we call nvidia nowadays I suppose in a way) would fail to show the proper animation for the Odin summon. That's all.

It was fixed in a patch.

The whole of the game was actually very bug free. The "bugs" came later when windows changed its kernel and everyone trying to run it in Windows XP saw that it crashed during the choboco race and prevented completion of the game.

You're really better off playing your PS1 copy on a legal emulator. (Legal so long as you own the game)

News Comments > Blood Revival Proposed
3. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 4, 2012, 15:15 Icewind

Even Though Blood is my favorite pre 2000's shooter (Painkiller is my favorite shooter of all time) I don't need or want a remake. The game runs perfectly fine in DOSbox as does Cryptic Passage.

I know what Jace wants to do is make a more modern looking update, maybe what DOOMSDAY did for DOOM, but I prefer the old pixellated visuals anyway.

Pass.

News Comments > Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits
17. Re: Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits Jul 31, 2012, 22:26 Icewind

eunichron wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 21:40:
Gonna grab my popcorn while the Valve/Gaben fanatics (they're not even fanboys at this point, they truly are fanatics) try to spin this into a positive.

Gonna grab my popcorn while the I-Hate-Anything-Not-In-Retail-Box / I-Have-Unrealistic-Expectations-because-I'm-an-Entitled-gamer fanatics (They're not even fanboys at this point, they truly are fanatics) try to make this seem like Valve is every bit as dirty as EA.

News Comments > Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits
15. Re: Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits Jul 31, 2012, 22:22 Icewind

NewMaxx wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 22:14:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 22:05:
I can understand why some people would be annoyed by this move but I consider it to be perfectly reasonable. If somebody has an issue it will be taken to arbitration and Valve will cover the costs, regardless of the outcome. It improves transparency, which is something Valve often lacks. And yes, if EA had made this move my position would still be the same - my stance is not hypocritical.

However, I am concerned about the idea of prohibiting class action lawsuits. Every business that can do so will do so, as it reduces potential liabilities. More importantly, it seems ridiculous that such a clause can be buried in the ToS. If class action lawsuits are being abused then the system needs to be reformed.

It's a shame that the legal system is such a mess than clauses like this are even needed.

Hope you recall our discussion about this when Origin (EA) did the same, because I do. Plenty of quotes to go around...

http://tinyurl.com/cusgh37

Yes, but unlike Origin, Steam doesn't log your skype chats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6lGUOFjMuQA

Among other things.

1448 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo