Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1394 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 15, 2012, 21:57 Icewind

More proof that Facebook is the root of all evil.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
24. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 13:54 Icewind

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 13:49:
Wolfen wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 13:33:
You won't beat steam EA. Give it up.

They do not even intend to sell other publisher's games or broaden the spectrum of Origin beyond their own stuff. in.

You don't read a lot, do you?

here

here, part 2

And if you still don't believe me, here's one from Ea themselves:

straight from the horse's mouth

Bet you feel dumb now.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
20. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 13:50 Icewind

Fion wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 13:44:

I'd say Bioware should be worried, but they know better than to show that in the face of their EA overlords.

This.

Keep in mind though that EA has a long track record of acquiring, ruining and then finally dismantling gifted developers. You can go talk to Lord British and Peter Molyneux about that if you doubt me.

BioWare is just another in their long line of ruined developers. After the travesty that was Dragon Age 2 I swore off BioWare forever. They could make Baldur's Gate 3 and I wouldn't even load up a preview on it, much less buy it.

News Comments > Layoffs at id Software
44. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 11, 2012, 06:46 Icewind

UnderLord wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 04:09:
Jerryk said: "What? Quake 3 was more popular than Q2 and its engine was used in more games. The competitive multiplayer community generally agrees that Q2 was the worst Quake. People still play Q3/QL today."

That sums up the trap Id fell into. The biggest market segment for Q2 was the single player but the multiplayer community gets more notice taken of it's opinion due to it's intrinsically voluble group voice.
I had no use whatsoever for the story-less Q3 but us loner single-player types aren't ones to speak up by our very nature and Id fell for the adulation expressed by the multiplayer throng.
People do still play Q2 and even Q1 and Doom I and II on newer engines (and Unreal I and II too), we just don't shout it from the roof-tops.

*claps*

I never bought Quake 3. to this day my FPS buddies ask me why I didn't play it and I have to keep reminding them why I didn't. When I heard it was just a MP Deathmatch game I passed on it. I want singleplayer maps, epic boss fights and puzzle rooms, not endless CTF and KtD ratios filling my screen. No, that's grade-school level garbage.

I still play Quake 2 and Quake 1 every month...even Quake 4 from time to time. But Quake 3? I see no reason to touch it.

I really wish someone would make a game like Painkiller again, only with a modern engine. Like take the one used for Battlefield 3 and make a 50+ level straight up doom clone out of it. If someone does that, they will earn my undying respect.

News Comments > Bethesda Buys Fallout MMOG Rights
10. Re: Bethesda Buys Fallout MMOG Rights Jan 9, 2012, 20:12 Icewind

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 19:53:
Hah! Called it! I knew it was going to be less than 5 mil. I reckoned somewhere around the 2-3 million mark. So Herve and his bro get a mil each and can now fuckoff die and never darken gaming's doorway again.

White-knighting Bethesda? Really? You don't deserve to call yourself a gamer, boy.

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
8. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 5, 2012, 10:56 Icewind

Hudson wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 10:26:
Wildone wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 10:13:
I cant WAIT to see the graphics on this, after 9 years it must be the most effin amazing thing ever to behold by human eyes, just like Duke Nukem Forever! WOWWWWWW I bow before the gods of Blizzard!

Wow you really are a moron. Grats

no, the morons are the Diablo fans who are actually looking forward to this game and blindly defending it.

You like the backwards step in graphics? (It looks barely as good as Torchlight) You enjoy not being able to allocate attribute points? You enjoy the dumbed down skill system? You enjoy the enforced online connectivity when playing in single player? You enjoy forced DRM? You enjoy the fact that Blizzard now has a track record, thanks to SC2, of banning people for cheating in singleplayer and will probably do that in D3 as well?

There are few Diablo fans who love those first two games more than I do, but I wouldn't play D3 if you gave it to me *for free*. There are far better alternatives out there. Like Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2 and if you don't mind the aged graphics, Depths of Peril. Buying Diablo 3 is basically telling Blizzard and the whole gaming development community that you are fine with being treated like trash. If you are cool with that, great. Contribute to the downward spiral.

I won't be. I'll be waiting for Torchlight 2.

News Comments > Happy Birthday Diablo
10. Re: Happy Birthday Diablo Jan 2, 2012, 10:21 Icewind

I bought mine January 10th 1997, I still remember. I had a legit lv 43 warrior with a strange sword of haste before I finally stopped playing over a year later. So many good (and bad) memories.

Ogden's tavern pissing matches, PKK fights, duels, collecting ears.

It was a magical once in a generation game. The beginning of a new era.

Never felt the same magic with Diablo 2, and after the changes see no reason to buy Diablo 3 at all.

News Comments > Risen 2 in April 2012
3. Re: Risen 2 in April 2012 Dec 15, 2011, 06:49 Icewind

Jerykk wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 23:11:
Why?

Because we know we'll never get another Gothic 2 and this is the best we can get.

News Comments > FlatOut 3 Next Week
11. Re: FlatOut 3 Next Week Dec 7, 2011, 06:46 Icewind

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 05:36:
Wow the trailers are indeed terrible. I just quickly checked up on Fallout 2 gameplay, and you were never exploding from a single crash. Often you have maybe 3 or 4 (grave) driving errors before its game over. That they now make this a "crash and respawn" mechanic is downright stupid and completely against what Fallout 2 was about.

Also it feels like the graphics got worse. Lots less particles, smoke and debris..

Please stop saying Fallout. I forgave you the first time but after the second I laughed at you.

News Comments > AVault for Sale
19. Re: AVault for Sale Dec 6, 2011, 09:27 Icewind

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 09:19:
Are there any other good gaming news sites beside this one?

I used to read Kotaku but then they redesigned it and now it sort of sucks. I still read VE3D sometimes, but it doesn't cover that much. Slashdot has sort of gone downhill (not that it was a gaming site). Some of the old game sites are just gone or hardly do anything anymore.

Anandtech is still around and kicking (and pretty good) if anyone remembers them.

Not the way it used to be. I got online in 96, and through the rest of the 90s you had sites like the Gaming Intelligence Agency, RPGdot, Desslock's old Gamespot blog and a crap-ton more.

The only places I go to anymore are RPGwatch, Magic Box, and sometimes Giant Bomb. It's not the same anymore. Most of the gaming sites nowadays are 4chan infected, so you get offshoots of that site like Kotaku and Destructoid, which portray troll posts as official site articles.

News Comments > BRINK Free Weekend
18. Re: BRINK Free Weekend Dec 2, 2011, 08:15 Icewind

CreamyBlood wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 08:04:
One last thing that is just grammar nazi stuff. When did the term 'fluid' become popular? I hear it all the time in 'game journalist' reviews and the comments people make. I even hear it on the economic newscasts these days. It seems to say nothing and is a meaningless way to describe anything but it's used to describe everything: Fluid controls, fluid movement, fluid graphics, fluid gameplay. and yes, even fluidity in the economy in Europe. I took chemistry and physics in highscool. Fluidity in my fluids that flow from me in a fluid way. It's very fluid, dude.

How about they change fluid to "smooth"? Will that placate you?

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway
43. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 18:14 Icewind

Diablo 3? You mean the Facebook kiddie casual console-ized game?

LOL

no.

News Comments > Final Fantasy Action/RPG?
2. Re: Final Fantasy Action/RPG? Nov 16, 2011, 12:30 Icewind

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:13:
You know what's also a trend you ignore at your peril? The six million FF fans who thought FF13 was shit.

Creston

What about the millions more that actually still bought the damn thing?

Sheep will buy anything. I left that series after the ass-tastic FF8. Done after that.

News Comments > Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin
12. removed Nov 16, 2011, 12:25 Icewind

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 16, 2011, 14:58.

News Comments > EA Forum Bans Still Earning Game Bans?
9. Re: EA Forum Bans Still Earning Game Bans? Nov 14, 2011, 10:47 Icewind

WarpCrow wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 10:12:
I wonder what excuse will be given by the Origin Defense Brigade for this particular embarrassment. Valve might VAC ban you or ban you from the forums, but it takes a lot to actually be banned from your Steam account (a chargeback, fraud, cheating Valve in some way), and even then you can still play offline AFAIK.

They'll probably say something like:

"It was a rogue moderator who didn't know any better, he'll be taken care of, he has nothing to do with Origin since he was just a non-paid community forums moderator, so stop blaming EA!"

Or possibly:

"LOL, at least Origin won't lose your credit cards!"

So yeah, just wait, the "Steam Hating Tinfoil Hat Brigade" should be here soon to show us that this is a non-issue and that Steam is horrible and Origin is the messiah. Or whatever.

News Comments > Steam Forum Downtime Follow-up; Steam Also Breached
39. Re: Steam Forum Downtime Follow-up; Steam Also Breached Nov 10, 2011, 19:42 Icewind

Wildone wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 19:35:
This whole recent spate of LulzSec hacking drama is just one huge blackop designed to bring fear into the 'open' internet, guess who will come out with a solution?! A tightly controlled safe & government locked down new net 2.0. Just wait.

Ladies and gentleman, we have a winner.

Exactly, and the kiddie basement dwellers at lulzsec were actually aiding the very same people they sought to make fun of. They were punishing legit customers while helping the government.

I see this new internet as coming very soon.

/tinfoilhat

News Comments > More A Game of Throne Games Planned
10. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 10, 2011, 06:49 Icewind

Saw some screenshots and it looks like a broke-ass Dragon age Origins clone. Also loved the black borders around the character models, which reveals that they are just flat 2D images super-imposed over a background to create a mock-up. Nice work there guys.

This doesn't look too good.

News Comments > Skyrim DLC Will Be "More Substantial"
6. Re: Skyrim DLC Will Be Nov 7, 2011, 23:05 Icewind

Blackhawk wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 22:44:
The horse armor was one of the first pieces of DLC to be released for the PC, back when it was still a new concept. They were experimenting, trying to figure out where the value/content line needed to be. They've admitted themselves that they were way, way off on a couple of the first pieces.

And here we are, in an era where it's now acceptable.

Had the horse armor come out today people would be smiling about it, buying it and bragging about buying it.

News Comments > Steam Forums Hacked?
35. Re: Steam Forums Hacked? Nov 7, 2011, 21:13 Icewind

If you have Steamguard on, you can stop whining and worrying.

News Comments > Square Enix Financials Human Revolution Ships 2M+
6. Re: Square Enix Financials Human Revolution Ships 2M+ Nov 5, 2011, 06:26 Icewind

Kitkoan wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 23:09:
I wonder how many of these sales were for the PC verse different consoles?
I would love Square Enix to bring more games to the PC. Most notably its RPGs like Final Fantasy-style ones. I already own "The Last Remnant" and would like others games. I would happily re-buy games like Star Ocean 4 and FF XIII for the PC, as well as pre-order FF XIII-2.

*** On a side note, anyone know of console-style RPG's like these on the PC? (covers in fear of mentioning "console-style" and "PC" in the same sentence)

Anachronox. It's basically a PC version of Chrono Trigger.

There's also Septerra Core, which is good but more like a standard JRPG.

1394 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo