Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1494 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
18. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 18, 2014, 07:51 Icewind

Isn't Kim Jong Fat ass almost dead anyway? Pics of him are rare nowadays, and when he's out, they are holding his arms up Weekend-at-Bernie's style.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
58. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 08:46 Icewind

In keeping with my free market capitalist beliefs, I understand that Valve has every right to do this and, unlike the idiots already forming petitions around the web (The developer is even starting one) I know that fighting them over this is childish and a waste of time.

However,

From now on, whenever a game I want is on another service other than steam (Origin, GOG, Desura, Gamer's Gate, etc) I will buy it there instead. I will never buy another game from Steam unless it is solely exclusive to Steam. Which is highly rare nowadays with GOG gaining so much power in the industry.

I'm sure my money won't make a difference (I maybe spent a $100 or so a month on digital purchases) but I can assure you they will never get anything from me anymore.

News Comments > inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren
18. Re: inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren Dec 8, 2014, 19:03 Icewind

Thought maybe Fargo would do something really different next. Didn't expect *another* Fallout style game.

Not that I'm complaining, but I was thinking he'd get experimental.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity DLC
8. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity DLC Nov 30, 2014, 12:04 Icewind

The wife bought me an Xbox1 for Christmas and let me have it early, and it's one of the kits that has AC: Unity and AC4 for free...and I haven't even bothered installing Unity. To be honest, I'm afraid. I've heard so many bad things about it that I'm wondering if it will blow up my machine and murder me.  

News Comments > Black Friday Interviews
5. Re: Black Friday Interviews Nov 28, 2014, 15:17 Icewind

garrywong wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 15:05:
I'm a bit confused. I didn't read the whole thing, but he starts off with "Jesus Loves You", and then says there's Aethiests and Christians who get in his face and cause him problems... which is the part that confuses me. Isn't he Christian, too? Or what is he talking about?

There are several different "degrees" of Christians.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2014, 17:58 Icewind

I'm grabbing it too. Been looking at it for the longest time now and really want a popcorn shooter with no brains, just blam-blam.

For 66% off, I'll do it.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
65. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2014, 02:21 Icewind

Bard wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 22:35:
Jivaro wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 21:23:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 18:08:
You guys Married? With Children? (cue the you-know-what theme)

Yes, but I have been "married with children" for years. The difference is that I bought a house last year where as I had been an adamant apartment renter for the previous 20 years. Houses have a way of sucking up your money and time, particularly the first few years you are in them and trying to take them from being a house to being a home.

all too familiar

Experience was opposite with me. After 15 years, that's when the money started getting sucked up by the house. Broken pipes, central air goes haywire, new roof, phone lines need replaced, mailman gets angry that the stones in the walkway are loose and insurance demands you replace them, yadda yadda...

I'm renting the place out now and live elsewhere. Got tired of it.

News Comments > Blackguards 2 in January
5. Re: Blackguards 2 in January Nov 27, 2014, 01:11 Icewind

Saboth wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 17:19:
Jivaro wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 17:04:
Sooner or later I am going to play the first one. I swears it....

I played the first one and enjoyed it. My biggest gripes are you don't really have any idea what stats do exactly, what ratings on gear means, and if a +1 X type of damage is better than a +2 of Y damage. It's really easy to totally ruin your game and builds if you build your characters wrong (I started over about 30% through the game). Also, there are a few fights that seem very cheap, and are purely frustrating, but overall, it's a good game.

Having played the tabletop DSA game, I already knew what everything meant and even then, I had a rough go of it, so don't feel bad.

Great game, but brutal.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
14. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 24, 2014, 23:29 Icewind

I was tempted to get it when it was asking for money, but a friend of mine who is also a big Ultima Online Pre Ultima 8 fan played it and said he wasn't too enthused with it. Boring combat, overall "blah" feeling. the only good thing he said about it was the overworld map, which he said is similar to the old games.  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
11. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 24, 2014, 22:33 Icewind

So, are they using the Bob White plotline?  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 24, 2014, 05:59 Icewind

This was already proven fake, Blue.

http://kotaku.com/major-psn-hack-may-be-a-fake-1661743294

From the article:

I also searched around for a few dozen of those listed "2K" accounts, many of which were unique identifiers with limited internet presence. Some of those accounts were tied to hacking and botting forums; others were linked to other games, like Minecraft and Runescape. Some on the list are nonexistent addresses like "sample@email.tst."

What's more, a security researcher named Colin Keigher broke down today's list of accounts and found that they share similarities with other lists of dumped accounts—his conclusion is that this particular Pastebin could be an amalgam of other database leaks, which might explain why none of the tested PSN e-mail addresses are actually linked to accounts.

The Guardian also talked to a security expert who also believes that this is fake. "Looking through the list, there's certainly an awful lot of crossover with data from previous breaches, in particular the Adobe one," Trend Micro vp Rik Ferguson told them. "The random sample cross-referencing I have done certainly show that the majority of data listed here has shown up already in previous breaches with a very few exceptions which seem to appear only in this particular paste."

News Comments > On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions
8. Re: On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions Nov 21, 2014, 19:38 Icewind

Task wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 19:36:
Hahaha, still convinced that this is Era is like gaming crash of the 80s, in the form of predatory micro-transactions and terrible F2P games.

Pretty soon we'll be playing single-player games where you have to insert coins to play the rest of the story.

As a 38 year old who lived through the 1983 crash thanks to Coleco, ADAM and tiger handhelds: No. No it isn't.

The difference? 90% of gamers out there willingly lap up the DLC crap without question. For every moral high-grounder like us that decries it, there are a few dozen others that click the "add to cart" button.

News Comments > Alienware's "PC Gaming Console"
5. Re: Alienware's Nov 21, 2014, 18:09 Icewind

Gave a build to a friend of mine who is just getting into the hobby. My estimate for him was about 1200....and that was for making a killer, top-of-the-line rig that could max his games for him (Wolfenstein and FC4, apparently)

Paying that much for a small form factor console/PC is ridiculous. Just build a PC. I can't believe this is still a thing.

also, don't we already have a "PC Gaming Console"? It's called the "Steam Box"...and the hype train has already left on THAT.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Lords of Xulima
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Lords of Xulima Nov 17, 2014, 06:15 Icewind

Tried to like it, but couldn't. Wouldn't be so bad (for an indie game) if it wasn't for the horribly flawed food system.  

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor DDoSed
17. Re: Warlords of Draenor DDoSed Nov 14, 2014, 19:01 Icewind

Fion wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 18:40:
I don't know why but I thought DA Inquisition was coming out in like january or february. So when I got that GMG e-mail this morning with my key I was very much surprised. Cant wait, early impressions from sources I trust - like Angry Joe - say it's quite well done.

As an added bonus this gives me something to think about instead of Farcry 4 because I've been on the edge of pre-ordering that with a 33% off code I got from GMG, but with Ubi's track record this year I'm pretty unsure. Now at least I can wait until reviews hit before buying it, or wait a month or two since Inquisition is likely to take up quite a bit of my gaming time.

On topic, whats with all the game DDoS attacks lately? Do these people think they are cool because they know how to do this (extremely) simple thing? Douchebags.

Not that I play WoW, I haven't for years but I get just as pissed when GW2 or Diablo 3 (two games I play a lot of these days) get DDoS'ed so I feel for the WoW fans.

Angry Joe? He's the one you trust? What are you, 12?

As far as Youtube nobodies go, I'd trust Total Biscuit long before I'd trust a console-centric poser like AJ.

News Comments > Free Metro 2033 from Humble Store
8. Re: Free Metro 2033 from Humble Store Nov 8, 2014, 10:13 Icewind

Kitkoan wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 22:52:
Yeah, I always thought 'ammo as currency' was a questionable design choice, and they weren't even that much better than the crappy ammo they made themselves.

It wasn't a design choice, it was to make it follow the book.

In both Metro games, the only time I actually used the "currency ammo" as actual ammo was at the very last level/fights, because I ran out of regular ammo. That's it.

I don't know why people get so bent out of shape about that system, since the game is so perfectly balanced so as to not have to dip into your special ammo until the very end.

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM [Updated]
22. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM Nov 5, 2014, 12:20 Icewind

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 11:25:
InBlack wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:53:
Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:50:
Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:46:
Hope it gets announced soon. I'm ready for more Fallout.

You. Me. And everyone else.

Im going to wait for the inevitable standalone expansion from Obsidian.

Well, I hope that Obsidian stays far away from Fallout. After they and their entire community have SHAT all over Bethesda and publishers in general, claiming that boooofrickinhooo they are the devil incarnate, I sincerely hope that Bethesda does not give those Obsidian fuckers any more work. If they do not want to work with a publisher then they need to STFU and do another Kickstarter or just close shop. They won't be missed. Fuck 'em hard!

You mean you don't want to play Numenera or Eternity?

You're missing out.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition
11. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Oct 31, 2014, 21:50 Icewind

Privilege Age: Cisquisition

Wonder how many overly-aggressive homosexual characters will be in this one?

Also, enjoy not having heal spells.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Oct 30, 2014, 18:18 Icewind

Already bought. I always loved IWD more than BG. It was less about story and romance bullcrap and more about min/max'ing, fighting bosses and traveling through large dungeons full of traps.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2014, 12:48 Icewind

Phasenoise wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 12:06:
Julio wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 11:40:
And one more reason to not purchase DA3 is provided - thanks Gaider!

The article outlines how he wishes people would trust them as developers and not assume they are just blindly nodding along with Sarkeesian or other critics.
It seems strange that would be a reason to not buy a game.

You know what's not a strange reason to avoid DA3? The fact that BioWare is now led by SJWs who value bisexual Elf sex over actual gameplay.

My RPG money will be going to Pillars of Eternity and Torment.

BioWare is taking the wrong path when it comes to CRPGs. The Codex was right, and the mainstream sites were wrong: The silly click-fests aren't cutting it anymore.

I'll sit back and watch DA3 crash and burn. I'm calling it.

1494 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo