Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1531 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tales of Symphonia for PC Announced
1. Re: Tales of Symphonia for PC Announced Jul 3, 2015, 14:40 Icewind

We heard rumors Zestiria was coming to PC for months, since the leak on Best Buy or some such site's listings, but it wasn't formally announced until a month ago:

Link

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Countdown Timer
9. Re: Baldur's Gate Countdown Timer Jun 29, 2015, 12:11 Icewind

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 18:40:
Bridge the gap between BG and BG2? What? That's all of like... one-two levels?

I thought these guys were going to attempt to make BG3 at some point?

You must not follow news, because this has been known since January. Everyone knew about the BG 1.5 game since Beamdog discussed it in an interview.

As for it being "one-two" levels, that's not totally correct either. Considering BG2 starts your characters off at lv 9 (even if you imported someone lower than that) and you probably beat BG1 at 7, it makes sense. Keep in mind even if you hack BG1+expansion to get you past the level 9 lock, it will still import you at 9 in BG2.

Anytime I beat BG1 I skip a lot of stuff and usually knock out Sarevok at lv6, maybe 7. If you clear the entire map, do every quest...yeah, you'll hit the max level of 9 easy.

So basically, tl;dr version: They can do what they do in BG2 and just lock you into any level they want. Might even just import your character state/name/colors and you'll have to re-jigger your stats to fit the adjusted level.

OR, more than likely, they'll just start you at 9 and the adventure's XP totals will be low enough so that you'll be lucky to hit 11.

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
64. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 22, 2015, 11:44 Icewind

Translation:

We tried to make something we would like instead of something gamers at large would like, thus it failed. It doesn't help that we are hipsters either.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
4. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 00:10 Icewind

I've been seeing a lot of "Halo: DOOM" B.S. in the forums I haunt. Shame too, because I'm liking what I saw. Maybe being 40 and having gamed for 34 years changes a man, but I loved the gore, kill scenes and items-spilling-from-corpses stuff. Reminded me of Brutal DOOM in a way.

I'm really looking forward to next spring. Time to build that new rig.

News Comments > Indie Developers on Steam Refunds
8. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 10:17 Icewind

It's just angry little pissant nobody developers (Who are SJWs) whining about finally being unable to trick people into buying their garage-developed garbage.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
4. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 28, 2015, 20:33 Icewind

This DLC has been on Steam since Monday.  

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
41. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 17:54 Icewind

Let's put it this way: I have three PCs currently up and running. Two of these are AMD machines, one is Nvidia (A laptop with win 8.1 and a 735m)

On my AMD rigs, whenever a game adds an install of Physx during its launching routine, it breaks all games that require Physx and I have to uninstall, clean, and reinstall Physx to get all Physx games to run again.

Whenever I play the same games on my nvidia-based laptop nothing happens. Everything works fine and nothing breaks.

I have always believed that nvidia does this knowing it screws up some AMD systems.

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. May 18, 2015, 04:28 Icewind

Squirmer wrote on May 18, 2015, 00:55:
"Single issue" lol. I've had this Blues account since 2002, 5 years longer than you've had yours.

Less then 900 posts though, over a 13 years period?

I barely post here and don't even involve myself with the community and have 1500 over the same time period as you.

Face it, you're just here to stir up trouble.

News Comments > Diablo III Anniversary Encownters
2. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Encownters May 15, 2015, 21:04 Icewind

Bring back Ogden's Tavern.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
23. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer May 7, 2015, 20:49 Icewind

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 7, 2015, 20:06:
This game looks amazing... I really, really need to get the previous Witcher games finished. :/

Also, W3 needs to go on sale.

It is on sale. It's been on sale since it debuted on GOG (and Steam)

If you want a bigger discount, you'll be waiting a loooooong time.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week May 7, 2015, 18:46 Icewind

Oppression of what? That horrible patriarchy that made you take a crap degree?  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
66. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End May 3, 2015, 12:15 Icewind

Silicon Avatar wrote on May 1, 2015, 12:06:
InBlack wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 03:45:
Have any of you ESO players played through Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim?

This is not an Elder Scrolls game. It's an MMO skinner box. A reskin of a favorite setting raped in the typical MMO fashion. Sorry to rain on your parade but to me gameplay has to go hand in hand with story and atmosphere, I can't play an MMO such as this one and pretend to be in Tamriel. The whole experience is frustrating and completely breaks any and all immersion. Sorry, but this is not an Elder Scrolls MMO done right.

I beat Oblivion and Skyrim multiple times. I played Morrowind but didn't beat it. I own and played the original game - Arena too.

I like ESO.

YMMV.

Don't know if anyone still visits this thread, but I'm a diehard Elder Scrolls fan, from Daggerfall days. I've beaten Daggerfall 5 times, gone throguh Morrowind 3 times, beat Oblivion twice and Skyrim once....

and I LOVE ESO.

Yeah, it doesn't play like an Elder Scrolls game, sure, but it shares a lot of what made those games fun. Like heavy lore, large worlds with lots to explore in them, and a great crafting system.

I do wish the characters were class-less, and that the combat was more reactive, but for an MMORPG it's light years ahead of its competitors, IMHO.

News Comments > Dark Souls II DS2Fix64 "Softbans"
8. Re: Dark Souls II DS2Fix64 Apr 30, 2015, 21:50 Icewind

Well, at least they let you continue playing it. Most companies now seem to think it's okay to wipe your rights away completely.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 29, 2015, 20:11 Icewind

*eyeroll*

News Comments > Ultima 8 Free on Origin
2. Re: Ultima 8 Free on Origin Apr 28, 2015, 21:37 Icewind

Necrophob wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 20:41:
I doubt many games resulted in the deaths of as many keyboards as this one's shit jump mechanics. Then again, would there have been a Diablo without an Ultima 8? And how terrible would Diablo have been with jumping puzzles?

I didn't get a real PC until 1996, and having only played up to U6, I bought U8 soon after getting the PC. Didn't care for the combat or movement, but I loved the isometric viewpoint and the world detail. I think that was the game's only real good point, IMO.

But then Diablo came out and any advancements U8 made looked silly by comparision.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers
18. Re: Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers Apr 25, 2015, 12:55 Icewind

Fletch wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 10:12:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 02:41:
They also have a clause stating "Mods must be distributed for free, period." Shouldn't the internet at large be kissing their feet today?Oh, my bad, I forgot positive things are completely uninteresting to the PC gaming community.

Maybe the PC gaming community is playing the game and hasn't read yet another lengthy EULA yet. And the "internet at large" is hardly the same as the "PC gaming community". Sheesh... false cause fallacy much?

Edit: Or, were you just being cheeky?

It's because PC gamers are smart enough to not suddenly welcome an enemy with open arms because they bent over and kissed our toes once. No, it's not "what you've done for us lately", it more like "On average, are you doing good stuff for us?"

That's why everyone is hating on Valve. Me too, actually. I've decided to go with GOG/Desura at this point. All my RPGs were on GOG anyway.

News Comments > Skyforge Open Beta This Summer
5. Re: Skyforge Open Beta This Summer Apr 3, 2015, 00:28 Icewind

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 20:41:
Simon Says wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 18:43:
Couldn't find a single good MMORPG set in the fantasy theme yet in all the choices out there. Its kind of depressing.

You should check out Neverwinter. The combat is not deep but it's not anywhere near as bad as most MMO's. I found the game tolerable enough to go through most of the content.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter

I played Neverwinter up to about level 17 or so on PC. Was okay...but the game locks so much stuff behind paywalls. It dangles level-up awards in front of you and teases you with them hoping you'll fork over cash to be able to open items in your inventory. It's awfully sneaky.

I've heard that at higher levels it's impossible to get anywhere without spending large amounts of cash due to the limitations placed on crafting.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Confirmed
7. Re: Titanfall 2 Confirmed Mar 12, 2015, 19:40 Icewind

Does this one have a real singleplayer campaign? No?

Yeah, pass.

News Comments > Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter
5. Re: Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter Mar 11, 2015, 21:21 Icewind

I have hope, since I'm a huge Goldbox game nerd with a collection of the original disks/boxes/wheels...but to be completely honest, I'm a bit disappointed in some respects.

I won't nitpick the video because it's alpha footage, and we all know that'll change. My problem is that they've already talked about how your characters are all pre-made and that they start a few levels in, so you can't control their stats from level 1. A small gripe, I know, but it makes me think this isn't going to be the deep CRPG stat-fest that Divinity was.

But, like I said, I'll follow it and give them a buck. We'll see where it goes.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Five Nights at Freddy's 3
6. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Mar 3, 2015, 12:27 Icewind

I never thought much about these games, until I saw a board for it where people were writing 12 page long examinations of the game's plot and theories about it.

I promptly closed my browser, took a drink and shook my head.

Whatever.

1531 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo