Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nicholas

Real Name Nicholas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wazootyman
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Blue's News "subscriber" for ~5 years...
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 20, 2002, 18:11
Total Comments 637 (Apprentice)
User ID 13881

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM 3 Shots
64. Re: Doom 3 shots Dec 6, 2003, 19:47 Wazootyman

...but having an actual value for it implies it is on.

Antialiasing (multisampling) smoothes jaggies by taking multiple samples of pixel color per pixel. Therefore, taking only one sample per pixel, by definition, means antialiasing is off.

If you just take one sample, it either hits an object or does not, creating jagged edges around polygons. Taking multiple samples at different locations within the pixel boundary, then averaging the color results blurs edges to make them look smoother.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: Going to post this a couple of times Dec 6, 2003, 15:00 Wazootyman

Yipes... I'm glad I've been sticking with 3.7... I never upgraded when Radeon themselves included a warning with 3.8 not to upgrade unless you are having problems (which I wasn't)... and the 3.9s were causing problems too apparently.

51. Re: GeForce FX 5900 Ultra AGP 256MB Dec 6, 2003, 14:07 Wazootyman

My 9800 made my dick grow four inches!
=D

News Comments > Unreal II Special Edition Announced - XMP Demo Tomorrow
28. Unreal II Special Edition Dec 5, 2003, 11:03 Wazootyman

My mommy says I'm special.

News Comments > Halo Patch Plans
1. Is this the patch...? Dec 4, 2003, 21:48 Wazootyman

Aww... it's not even worth it.

News Comments > Gold - OMF: Battlegrounds
3. Hrm... Dec 4, 2003, 16:26 Wazootyman

Name the expansion pack something that starts with a "G".

OMFG.

News Comments > Sin But Once
6. Re: Any other game delay pales in compar Dec 3, 2003, 12:58 Wazootyman

I just remember your sidekick making fun of you for shooting billboards.

Those billboards had it coming anyway...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DX: Invisible War Redux
47. On performance... Dec 2, 2003, 21:31 Wazootyman

Just a side note on demo performance... there seem to be definiate bugs with the engine that mess things up. To get better performance, turn "Bloom" on and set sampling to about 4x or so (yeah, I know... antialiasing increases performance... that's pretty messed up). Also, go for "standard" resolutions.

That said, I think the graphics are pretty sub par even when it's running smooth at 1024x768 4x AA and "bloom" (that just seems to make it fuzzy...). I'd blame the texturing... it seems fairly ugly and repeditive.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DX: Invisible War Redux
6. Re: Um, no... Dec 2, 2003, 17:03 Wazootyman

I think at this point, Blue is just making up Invisible War headlines to see how many times the posters will generate exactly the same thread.

News Comments > DX: Invisible War Wednesday
20. Re: Well... Dec 1, 2003, 22:48 Wazootyman

Pretty much everything the guy mentioned in the Gamespot review was negative. All the problems from the demo and several more piled on.

I agree. I mentioned it was important to read the entire text, because the 8.0 rating seems a bit high to me. Reading the entire review gives a more accurate impression.

News Comments > DX: Invisible War Wednesday
18. Well... Dec 1, 2003, 22:42 Wazootyman

I still trust Gamespot reviews over all others. Though some people seem to hate them, I have not disagreed with a single one I read there, save Halo. Reading the text is a must though, as the Invisible War review illustrates.

I am still curious why people seem to distrust Gamespot reviews. Could you point me to some obviously skewed review?

News Comments > Morning Preview
4. Re: UGH Dec 1, 2003, 17:22 Wazootyman

Gamespy did a review.
4/5 if it means anything (hint, it doesn't).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Microsoft Software in Every Car Dec 1, 2003, 13:34 Wazootyman

...gives new meaning to the term, "crash".

Heh... sorry. It had to be said.

News Comments > FPS Games & Minors
78. Well... Nov 30, 2003, 23:18 Wazootyman

It's time to test how well my years of FPSing have trained me as a killer. The assasination game where I live is starting up at midnight tonight.

My water guns are loaded and ready.

News Comments > Gold - Deus Ex: Invisible War
14. Deus Ex 2 Nov 25, 2003, 21:55 Wazootyman

Wow! I must say I love Deus Ex 2! They took everything that made the original fun, and made it better, then took everything that make the original too complicated and took it out!

For example, hacking! In the original you had to worry about something called "hack skill" (what does that mean anyway?!? IT'S TOO CONFUSING!) and running out of time when hacking. It was complicated! Now all I do is walk up and press "use" on the pad and I hack it in a matter of seconds, without any sense of danger or threat to my intelligence! Much better!

Also, in the original, I always had to think about different types of ammo. I'm sure everyone who played it thought to themselves many a time, "why can't I put my pistol ammo in my rocket launcher?!? It doesn't make any sense!". Deus Ex 2 corrects this glaring problem by letting you put whatever ammo you want in any gun you want! Just like real life!

They also took out these things called "locational damage", "reloading" and "silent takedowns". I don't really understand what those mean, but I'm sure the game is much better without them!

My only complaints would be, that there should be some way to make the interface bigger. Also, guns and multitools should use the same ammo, cuz I get confused trying to remember two numbers at the same time.

I'm just glad someone finally made a version of Deus Ex that I can play with my simple monkey brain. Ook ook eek! Yay! Feeding time! Deus Ex will have to wait.

-Koko the typing monkey

News Comments > WinDuke
5. But where is... Nov 24, 2003, 17:12 Wazootyman

Blood!
In my opinion, the greatest build engine game EVAR!

Too bad the source was never released T_T... it doesn't even run on XP.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Nov 23, 2003, 14:55 Wazootyman

The problem with the plasma screen analogy is that stealing is inherently illegal, while sending an email, wanted or not, is perfectly legal and, some would argue, protected under the first amendment.

Still, spam is certainly a problem that needs to be addressed.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: ... Nov 23, 2003, 02:42 Wazootyman

Whose payroll?

In case you haven't noticed, all previews on virtually all game sites are overwhelmingly positive. The review is where we will see if they are really on the take.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Senate Bill.. Nov 22, 2003, 20:26 Wazootyman

Just curious... what is the connection between XP and spam? Spam bulk has been increasing for a while... what about XP makes spam more prevailent? I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious.

News Comments > Lords of EQ Solo Demo Monday
2. Re: woo Nov 22, 2003, 18:03 Wazootyman

I heard that if you download all 13 Lords of Everquest demos, you can play all the single player and half of the multiplayer levels in the game.

637 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo