Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nicholas

Real Name Nicholas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wazootyman
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Blue's News "subscriber" for ~5 years...
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 20, 2002, 18:11
Total Comments 637 (Apprentice)
User ID 13881

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Painkiller MP Demo May 3
9. Bought it this Sunday Apr 20, 2004, 17:55 Wazootyman

This game = teh fun

I knew when I got the urge to replay the demos for the third time, I must get the full game.

The only annoying part is that there are some really annoying jumping puzzles. You don't have to do a single one (yet) to beat the game, but if you want to unlock all the black tarot cards, you have to do quite a few.

Anyone who has found all the holy items on the Castle level knows what I mean (and I hear the City on Water level also requires you to reach some really hard to get to spots to unlock its card as well).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Perimeter Demo
3. Well... Apr 18, 2004, 14:53 Wazootyman

Sounds very unique:
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/perimeter/506872p1.html?fromint=1
Definately worth a try.

News Comments > GeForce 6 Announced
103. Re: (Video)Consoles killed the (radio star) Apr 14, 2004, 23:04 Wazootyman

Methinks companies intentionally refrain from making games that fully exploit cutting edge technology because a relatively small percentage of gamers have or are willing to buy it. I think a recent Steam poll (which I consider to be a fairly good cross-section of gamers today, though it certainly is somewhat skewed) showed that the most common video card is a Geforce4 MX. Developers would rather produce games that will at least be accessable to the average gamer.

100. This card is so fast... Apr 14, 2004, 22:29 Wazootyman

...I had to change my pants.

100th post! Woohoo!

News Comments > Painkiller Patch
6. Re: Well... Apr 14, 2004, 21:16 Wazootyman

I also can't imagine anyone leaving MS Visual Studio debuggers on. The scripting debugger was annoying enough (every time you navigate to a site with any kind of problem with its scripts you get a debug option popped in your face). I can't see why someone would keep the debugger running when not working on their project.

News Comments > Painkiller Patch
5. Well... Apr 14, 2004, 21:13 Wazootyman

You don't have to remove CD image mounting software... just set the number of virtual drives to 0 for the time being.

58. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2004, 15:53 Wazootyman

I had a 5900 Ultra, then switched to a 9800Pro. Looks like I'm getting a 6800 next. And if ATI produces something considerably faster after that, then I might get it again.
Holy crap. How 'bout you get me one too while you're at it. =D
No deal? Hmm... how bout you just send me your "old" cards then?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Painkiller
44. Hrm Apr 13, 2004, 02:29 Wazootyman

EBGames Painkiller summary:
This first-person horror shooter takes Painkiller, a mercenary for hire, and puts him smack dab in the middle of his favorite environment – the home of the undead. Unlike other survival-horror titles, in Painkiller it's the monsters that should be afraid of you. Collecting souls of the undead for cash, players tear through levels buying upgraded firepower as they go. Ultimately, the player must become his prey, transforming into a demon to beat Painkiller’s evil dead at their own game.
Holy crap is there anything not wrong with that description?
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/235878.asp?site=Froogle

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Painkiller
28. Re: Cool! Apr 12, 2004, 18:02 Wazootyman

Proudfoot - I'm sorry you can't appreciate simple things. Some of them are the best things in life.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Movies
26. Re: Is it just me... Apr 7, 2004, 20:36 Wazootyman

Our network is not very good, but most sites run fairly well. 3DGamers has just been really dragging for me recently...
Ah well. It's still faster than wading through three confirmation/advertisement screens on the way to my file.
Might disabled cookies or a restrictive firewall be (partially) to blame?

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Movies
12. Is it just me... Apr 7, 2004, 18:29 Wazootyman

...or has 3D Gamers gotten slower and slower these last few weeks...? I don't mean transfer speeds, I torrent. I mean the site itself.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Soldner Ad Apr 6, 2004, 00:19 Wazootyman

Just saw a Soldner ad on Blue's that said: Download the demo today!

O_O!

News Comments > Myst IV Revelation Revealed
11. Re: Living in the Myst universe... Apr 5, 2004, 16:32 Wazootyman

Oops. It happens.

News Comments > Myst IV Revelation Revealed
1. Living in the Myst universe... Apr 5, 2004, 16:09 Wazootyman

Sorry I'm late... it took forever to finish the sliding tile puzzle to get in my car. Getting it started was a pain too, until I found the ignition switch in my neighboor's basement.

News Comments > Thief Shake-up?
14. Hrm... Apr 2, 2004, 22:55 Wazootyman

Before Invisible War, everyone was singing Ion Storm's praises from the hilltops, now, after one game, everyone seems to think they are the most talentless bunch of hacks in the industry. Maybe if Thief 3 turns out excellent, everyone will return to the opinion that Spector and company are Gods of gaming, incapable of mistake.

News Comments > Spartan Demo
6. ... Apr 2, 2004, 13:41 Wazootyman

So... demo?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
35. Re: As long as Mar 30, 2004, 19:49 Wazootyman

And I *still* believe that critical thinking can overcome the problems with politics today.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Top of the Plots... Mar 30, 2004, 11:50 Wazootyman

What?!? No mention of the paper-thin dog on a quest for the affections of a sunflower using the powers of rap??? No game other than Parappa has required you to rap against an onion, a moose, a lizard and a hen to gain access to a toilet... how could this not make #1 oddest game plot???

News Comments > New Audigy 2 Drivers
17. Re: BAH! Mar 29, 2004, 22:22 Wazootyman

Sound towards the end of the 2nd level of the Painkiller demo became more and more corrupted for me on my Audigy 2. The drivers are old, however. I'll get these and see if it is resolved. Aside from that I've never really experienced any sound-related issues.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
32. Re: As long as Mar 29, 2004, 19:46 Wazootyman

While I agree that the polorized views held by many people obsure the true subtleties of the issues, and that many fail to critically consider their own view point, I would pin the blame of this on human nature rather that political systems. Most discussion of, and research into politics has expanded my horizons, not narrowed them.

I can certainly see your point, however, that those who look without considering can fall into these bad habits. I just think the solution is critical consideration, not avoiding politics.

637 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo