Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for pob

Real Name pob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.yahoo.com
Signed On Jul 31, 2002, 10:34
Total Comments 114 (Novice)
User ID 13735

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > DRIV3R Movie, Q&A
2. Re: No subject Jan 24, 2004, 15:44 pob

this driver website...Being the quite Anti-Extreme-Flash boy that I am, I'm surprised someone spent the time this site takes to load and went "yes, this is perfect". all it needs now is "do you want to set www.atari.com/driv3r to your homepage?" when you quit, and then install LOP.com when you say no.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry SP Demo
160. Re: Just a thought... Jan 22, 2004, 16:49 pob

That is the right beach. Maybe it comes with the soldiers on the beach, and maybe they're only there if you play on medium or hard. I've been playing it on hard, and the buggy has always been there. and i've always slid it off the cliff, too, but that's an aside.

157. Re: BFV Jan 22, 2004, 15:41 pob

IGI2's multiplayer [never tried IGI1, if it even had multiplayer] was fun. There was something odd about it, but there was also something fun to finding the sniper, and watching the enemy team progress across the really-quite-large map, and trying to stop them...and also picking them off as they went on the commando slides. Didn't feel like it had the finese of some FPSs but it was fun, so no biggy.

Anyway, on topic..

\r_rendermode 1 / 2 / 3 changes the way it processes Far Cry..1 seems to do nothing, 2 looks a bit more desaturated and contrast-tweaked, 3 is vaguely cel-shaded.

86. Re: No Save Anywhere...? Jan 21, 2004, 18:39 pob

Well, I liked the challenge of having to make sure I did it right. whatever rocks your boat, I guess.

84. Re: Very High quality. Jan 21, 2004, 18:34 pob

looking through one of the config files shows that..er... you can bring down the console using the famous console key, then type in \r_displayinfo 1 and get to see your exciting fps.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 18:34.

4. Re: No subject Jan 21, 2004, 10:54 pob

this be a fun demo.

And nice one on the foam, hehe, that's cool.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 10:54.

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: . . . . Jan 16, 2004, 14:44 pob

hehe and look at the size of that banner in the middle of the article...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Limecat.. Jan 11, 2004, 19:59 pob

HAIL LIMECAT.

News Comments > GTA4: Sin City?
54. Re: No subject Jan 3, 2004, 11:44 pob

"Damn, I was hoping GTA4 would be Xbox exclusive."

is that tongue-in-cheek or a serious comment?...

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 11:45.

News Comments > Strike Fighters Project 1 Patch
2. Re: No subject Jan 1, 2004, 21:50 pob

why has gamespy arcade always given me the shivers?

News Comments > DRIV3R Steers to PC
12. Re: No subject Dec 24, 2003, 15:55 pob

interstate76....hehe.....i'll never forget his pose as he gave over the Blueberry shake and getting a concrete blockdropper for the multiplayer games. I'll also never forget how amazingly slow it ran on a pentium 133mhz...although it did get better with the voodoo magic.
This comment was edited on Dec 24, 15:58.

News Comments > DRIV3R Steers to PC
4. Re: No subject Dec 24, 2003, 12:45 pob

is it my imagination, or is that a really annoying website to use, and that's on a 2meg line...Flash is a curse, I'm sure of it. someone add an html button 'already'.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 12:47.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Screenshots
71. Re: hmmmmmmmmmmmm? Dec 16, 2003, 04:43 pob

Generations' death was really quite nasty...was a great shame.

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK
8. Re: *cough* B1-B *cough* Dec 11, 2003, 06:55 pob

bringgg back the plane designer from flight-sim3. It may have been 1989 or something, but was comedy fun designing plane characters that resulted in utterly unflyable craft. noseeee up, nose down, nose up, nose down, stall, runway-pizza. I was kind of surprised that they had removed it by the time I went back to FS in 93/94 as it seemed like quite a novel thing.

News Comments > Sin But Once
75. Re: SiNs and Gripes Dec 10, 2003, 20:03 pob

"WHAT THE HELL HAS BEEN LOST AND WHERE CAN I FIND IT!"

yes, where exactly issssss my Sin box. that sounds like..something else.

News Comments > DX: Invisible War Movie
41. Re: Pob... Nov 28, 2003, 04:17 pob

er hehe, i wasn't actually directly commenting on the demo or dx2, as such, more the bizarre scenario of top-tier previews in general + gamespy's curious score given the problems the reviewer claimed he had.

23. Re: This is for Hunterzyph ..+ previews. Nov 27, 2003, 20:45 pob

Maybe i never looked in the right place at the time, but during all of my gaming 'magazine' reading life, i've never read a preview of a game [especially a top-tier site/mag previewing a top-tier game] that actually slagged it off.

It comes as no surprise to me that ign/gamespot/gamespot/gamespy/game-nnnnnn gave it glowing previews. Equally, personal websites would no doubt do the same as they'd like to be in the good books as they are but small - especially on something as exclusive as this. Never read a single one that ended "i thinkkkkk they're about to do something to the pooch on this one". As I say though, maybe I was just looking in the wrong place. Its possible.

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 20:45.

11. Re: Come On Nov 27, 2003, 17:51 pob

and..offical xbox magazine "91%!!!!" .. right. reminds me of this thing in the 90s, often commented about on the since-demised Digitiser uk-tv-teletext game 'site', about how Official Playstation Magazine effectively gave every game 90%+ or something, and so implied that every game for the playstation was worth buying. Official magazines are .. curious things. As for gamespy, maybe some questionable journalistic integrity there.

News Comments > Gold - Deus Ex: Invisible War
16. Re: Deus Ex 2 Nov 25, 2003, 22:13 pob

Mr.Spector [the real one] has made some kind of statement about things : http://66.193.119.177/index.php?showtopic=205527

News Comments > Registered DX: Invisible War Demo
65. not GAH! Nov 22, 2003, 01:02 pob

right, well, hmm, after I put it at 640x480, and edited default.ini with the keys i wanted, and got used to the fact I had to go to the controls screen and press Home to reload the default.ini keys each time I travelled somewhere or loaded a save game...after all of that..I actually enjoyed it. Like many things, I'd recommend trying it, rather than forming an opinion based on internet forums, as we all know what they're like. The lighting, from my point of view of being a 3D'er for a living, is not shite and has some nice touches, like the blue inside the bins.

It could do with some polishing though. How a demo got out where the keys/res don't save is beyond me. And then there are the AIs walking through dynamic-things [maybe not easy to fix...], and my gun going into the wall. And the fact that when you pick up a body, it feels like you're on the set of the 1987 wunderfilm Mannequin. All we need is that "Nothing's gonna stop us" tune....But, overlook this, and the game is fun. Definitely kept me awake until 554am.

in the small print:
And the cats make good little cat noises.
And one of them kept playing with the bin.
And there's a decapitated cat.
And I'll let someone else put the flame thrower on them to see if they run around.

114 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo