Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for pob

Real Name pob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.yahoo.com
Signed On Jul 31, 2002, 10:34
Total Comments 114 (Novice)
User ID 13735

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Mob Enforced Unveiled
11. Re: Why bother even posting this crap? Jun 12, 2004, 17:52 pob

hehe good old something-awful..

"Then there's the gameplay speed, which makes movement feel like you're controlling a 1968 Sears freezer unit through a field of 6-foot deep snow while a fat man rides on your back and vomits down your shirt every step."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising Demo
12. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2004, 15:13 pob

"Secondly, if you are at home and are playing this (as most of us are not able to) and you are giving your opinion, I think it is safe to assume that you are young and have not had mass exposure to video games - since school is out for the summer. "

or...are...not in a US time zone...

News Comments > Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising Demo
10. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2004, 14:32 pob

In much the same way that Clarence Boddicker said "oo Guns guns gunsss".....graphics graphics graphics...Joint Ops is actually fun, and not graphically terrible either, in my opinion. Quite fine really, and it runs on my machine too, which is cool.

It would be a shame if they haven't fixed the issues from the beta demo [this new demo is still downloading for me]...maybe that's the suits pushing the buttons again, wouldn't be the first time. Eitherway however, the game is fun as demos go...Lots of players, big enough environments, lots of vehicles, vehicles in vehicles, and you can stand on a moving vehicle without it flipping out, unlike bf1942 - maybe something fixed in bf-vietnam, but i've not played that. And...i don't have a thing about vehicles...

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 14:33.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
65. Re: Supply-side economics Jun 7, 2004, 12:59 pob

a line at the top of one of those pages reminds me of this...

[teacher bloke to class] "...some..thing -D-O-O economics....anyone?...anyone?...VOODOO economics."

and i've probably misquoted that..

News Comments > Morning Q&As
12. Re: ummm May 13, 2004, 12:03 pob

Its a disappointing thing to hear him say, as i remember 3-player doom1, co-op, ultraviolence/respawn with much much fondness.

I'd hope its more the techie issues of scripting events while people play around in different parts of the level (unless they do that thing that halo did on the xbox), as opposed to they just think we don't want it.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. ummm May 13, 2004, 11:30 pob

> "but the console consumer is more, 'Hey, we love co-op'."

...some may disagree with that...

News Comments > Papyrus Closed?
19. Re: No subject May 9, 2004, 23:28 pob

cacky-news-meter overload. papyrus were greats of driving games, proper games, not like some other things that are around. I hope they somehow end up somewhere doing something. Nascar the sport, not my bag. Nascar2003 the game, something else completely. Nascar, indy, gpl...evil news. Good luck lads.

News Comments > Joint Operations Delayed Again
9. Re: Demo? Apr 28, 2004, 20:32 pob

demo. click. free.
shop. click or no click. not free.

News Comments > Joint Operations Delayed Again
7. Re: Demo? Apr 28, 2004, 18:51 pob

i'm somewhat sure it says beta demo.

as for the thing it self, i think its groovy, especially as its currently free to play. i think the graphics are kind of cool really, nice little details. Gameplay's satisfying too, really, all things considered. The only crapo thing is when you load up your massive troop heli with lots of people, then some crazy foo' leaps in there with his detpack and sets it off.

News Comments > Joint Ops Demo Patch
11. Re: Looking at those patch notes... Apr 5, 2004, 14:19 pob

Its weird, i like it. Yes, bits of it do need fixing, and maybe this patch will fix them...but i personally enjoyed the possibility of a large scale attack on the other team, with lotsss of people in choppers, firing out the back, sitting on the side benches firing, loading trucks onto the ferry and sailing 800m to the enemy base...

I've not played BF:V, and that maybe that has this level of troop/vehicle stuff...but either way i still think the demo is 'fun', and I'm sure the installer said it was a beta-demo, so i'm willing to give them a chance.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Tools
19. Re: Lightwave junkies beware! Mar 25, 2004, 11:23 pob

ahh, another internet thread perhaps slowly heading towards which 3d app is 'better'. So many game people use 3dsmax and i assume its ovewerwhelming game-market-penetration [or something] of 3dStudio in the old days, that lead to this. I think its also worthwhile to say that many places will use more than one piece of software, even if they don't talk about it.

"...on how many mod teams just pirate 3DS anyway?"

No idea, but i guess that's why we have G-Max. All you had to do was go and download Max+CS, find some super-easy tutorial, and you'd be sorted. Faced with spending 3000 + whatever_characterstudio_cost to make another HLmod featuring a desert eagle, or just going to alt.binaries.help.us.make.mods, i think many took the easier and less legal route.

Personally, i think buying 3dsmax2 was the worst work-related financial decision of my life, and I'd love that 3000 quid back. But that's me.

And as for lightwave junkies, well I'm a LW junkie and it works for me. They've all got the strong points, and their weak ones. Use whatever best suits your requirements for work, I think you'd be a fool to do otherwise [legal disclaimer here].

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 11:26.

News Comments > On Max Payne 3
12. Re: Good Mar 10, 2004, 18:23 pob

I disagree...But, i also didn't pay 50 dollars. I got it 15 on a one-day-only-special thing, which is near $30US i guess. Anyway, the reason i bought max payne2 is more important.

I got the demo like a lot of people, and resisted getting the torrent unlike seemingly alot of people at the torrent site. I played it + finished it, thought "oo nice music", but then somehow just forgot about it.

And then one day on futuremark's board, and someone posted a link to http://www.cookiethieves.com/download/max_payne2_tribute_divx_med.zip ..a little [48mb] tribute thing.

God, i thought this rocked. I thought it rocked so much that I then wanted to buy max payne 2. So, er, the end of my little lesson is that the demo didn't really sell it, someeehow - but this, this did. Because of this Jason Choi dude, TakeTwo got some of my money.

I got it, played it alot, finished it, and i thought it was pretty cool really, but maybe i'm now too old + easily pleased. Now i'm on that final difficulty thing, but that's by-the-by. More importantly, at 15, it was a bargain and groovy fun.

News Comments > Oz "Dead in the Water"
1. maybe... Mar 3, 2004, 15:21 pob

maybe they wouldn't have cancelled it if it was infact an adventure/rpg based on the tv prison-series Oz instead, where you could sharpen toothbrushes to attack evil inmates, and point out the bloke from Ghostbusters, etc.

[edited because i've just learnt to spell.]
This comment was edited on Mar 3, 15:23.

News Comments > Sam & Max Sequel Axed
26. Anyway...yes you can play sam-n-max #1. Mar 3, 2004, 15:20 pob

yes. yes yes. yes.

some clever people made an interpreter that works under xp etc

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scummvm/ is one of them. There are others. go to www.sourceforge.net and type in "scumm" in the search box.

full sound, and everything. I got to replay dott (!). I assume it works with sam-n-max...infact, i think i tried that too after digging out the CD.

News Comments > Beyond Divinity Demo
5. Re: FileFan..be warned Mar 3, 2004, 11:03 pob

courtesy of the faq button at their site..

What is Beyond Divinity?
Beyond Divinity is a computer role playing game set in the award-winning Divinity universe. It is Larian Studios' latest RPG experience.

and it looks something like this : http://www.larian.com/riftrunner/screenshots.php

News Comments > Spector of a New Tomb Raider?
14. Re: Man, you guys are all wrong Feb 29, 2004, 12:41 pob

this may be hideously old, this is most likely definitely heading off-topic..

www.thief3.org

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Re: Stern Feb 26, 2004, 12:31 pob

Indeeeed, Blue for President. We've got a planet with long-term issues, us with no ability to really leave it, a sun that will [ok ultra-eventually] consume it, people who can't afford to eat on it...

But what people seem more concerned with is some people worrying about not-even-a-whole breast of a 38 year old singer [looked like any old female-soap advert, but blurrier], and the concept of same-sex people getting married because they love each other. What is the big deal with that...we have much bigger things to worry about...

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 12:33.

News Comments > Syndicate Follow-up?
9. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2004, 12:06 pob

I think you can get it to run under XP, but .. getting multiplayer ipx'd netbios'd sessions to run is maybe not possible. Whenever me+mates talk about it, we all get all "ahrhghg must play syndicate multiplayer". There was something fun about persuadertron-ing as much of the map as you could, then finding your 3 mates who had also been doing the same, and end up having some debauched orgy or sprite-violence.

..and then you hear the airplanes coming in, and try to run into a building, but its all going really slow due to 486-power...and then, if you survive that, you see someone running upto you, think "hmmm that's a bit od-------" and then they CTRL-D and .. everyone dies.

I'd even be happy if they could "just" re-do things so that it worked with directx + tcpip, and kept the same visual content...I think its graphics are still fine for the job. But anyway, good news, assuming they mutter "bewareeeee the console" during its development. Don't Deus-Ex2 us up.

News Comments > Oz Game Movie
8. For a minute there.. Jan 26, 2004, 19:11 pob

somehow, for a minute, i thought they meant that prison drama with the bloke from Ghostbusters...games like stab-the-in-mate-with-the-sharp-toothbrush and some generic soap-comment game.

News Comments > Far Cry SP Demo
199. Re: No subject Jan 26, 2004, 08:29 pob

"512mb DDR 333mhz <--- What do you think.. is this the source of the lock-ups? "

well, i've got 1gb of ram and the game itself used upto around 550MB when running...so...that could be it, yes. That's excluding all the ram taken up by XP, and all the little programs that windows needs.

114 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo