Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for pob

Real Name pob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.yahoo.com
Signed On Jul 31, 2002, 10:34
Total Comments 114 (Novice)
User ID 13735

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Help Wanted
6. Re: These guys rock Oct 15, 2004, 14:08 pob

itsdemo.exe \o/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTR Demo
39. graphicfoxx ... if it won't start.. Oct 12, 2004, 20:33 pob

the game wouldn't start for me. Kept getting res changes, desktop flicks, and a box popping up about it wanting to move hte SPA folder.

This was when it was installed to D:. When i installed it on C:, it was fine.

er very unrelated, if you run it at 1280x720, or dual screen, you get a wider field of view without distortions. groovy.

News Comments > GTR Demo
14. Re: StarForce again Oct 12, 2004, 14:14 pob

I thought that too, but there appeared to be a certain coincidence between not having them and not having starforce...installing them and getting starforce. Maybe I missed something, maybe its uk-spec, no idea, but i was thinking that's where it came from for me.

News Comments > GTR Demo
8. Re: StarForce again Oct 12, 2004, 12:14 pob

I would worry about it having starforce, but i already picked it up from Vice City or Max Payne 2...so...looks lie it won't really affect me. Unlike the my broken steering wheel.

News Comments > The Mod Squads - DOOM 3 [CC]
12. force feeding mice Oct 11, 2004, 13:21 pob

back in the days of doom1 there was the logitech cyberman, which had a vibrate function for when you got hit. if that counts as feedback.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preorders Steam Ahead Tomorrow
39. re: pinch me...uk prices.. Oct 6, 2004, 19:13 pob

hmm so its 28+ quid over steam "when its ready", and CS immediately...

or its 27 quid in the uk, pre-order, with a box and a disk.

Is CS really worth paying more, not getting a disk, and not getting a box?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Euro Shade & Sherlock Holmes
1. .. Oct 1, 2004, 20:25 pob

bet its not as good as that Sherlock game that used to ship in the creative soundblasterpro multimedia cdrom pack which my mate once got. It had speech and vga "and everything".

okay, i'll be quiet.

News Comments > Acclaim Closings
5. Re: I'm glad Aug 27, 2004, 12:42 pob

"This company has pumped out nothing but crap for years. Good riddance."

and, conversely, TTLG pumped out nothing but ace non-crap for years, and they died too.

messy, feel bad for the dudes who suffered at the hands of the management decisions.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
5. Re: Quake3 Aug 20, 2004, 09:18 pob

quake3 slow, quakeworld quick.

News Comments > Car Game Tease
5. Re: Vehicle-based action game? Aug 10, 2004, 06:37 pob

i installed i76 a couple of months ago, after not having played it since it came out ... after geeky laughs about "please install directx 3"i fired it up and..it has dated a bit, but there was something still groovy there.

concrete-block-droppers all round.

News Comments > Carmack on DOOM 3 & Q3A OpenSource
12. re: finally? .. and trinity. Aug 4, 2004, 10:40 pob

trinity trinity...Michael Abrash's comments about it (http://www.planetquake.com/trinity/archives/abrash_black_book.html)

"Trinity's goals are to have much less-constrained, better connected worlds than Quake. Imagine seeing through open landscape from one server to the next, and seeing the action on adjacent servers in detail, in real time, and you'll have an idea of where things are heading in the near future. "

News Comments > DOOM 3 Gets Creative
113. Re: for those who were wondering: Jul 28, 2004, 07:22 pob

this creative patent thing sucks.

its seems, from reading the gamedev.net thread in the beyond3d thread that...This non-Creative Dietrich chap gave a talk about it, and creative then went "oo we can take his words and patent it as our tech! whoopie!".

This seems to suggest : Creative. Oooh lovely people. yep. [someone powerup the deathstar, please]

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 08:15.

News Comments > On DOOM 3 Settings
66. Re: Here's an idea. Jul 26, 2004, 19:49 pob

I was always impressed by infinitely better the screenshots for Marble Madness looked on the amiga, compared to the "put the disk in the drive and turn on the machine" PC version.

" I got treated to "speaker beeps" from my Tandy."

However, if you had a tandy 1000, atleast you stood a chance of getting 3 channel sound.

89. Re: what this really means Jul 26, 2004, 18:30 pob

"Id acheives higer sound quality (as well as offloading sound work from the CPU) and Creative has given consumers more reason to choose their cards."

Um, right, i've seen it mentioned that there is increased CPU overhead for things like EAX performed on the soundcard, and infact the benefits of offloading a software-sound-engine from the CPU to .. the .. APU(?)...are mute because of things like the increased latencies from not having everything in the same subsystem? This is about the limit of my knowledge on it. However, if i fire up ut2004demo and benchmark it, i get slower fps with h/w 3d+eax or h/w3d-audio, than just regular 3-d audio. What happens with the Overhead for AHD?

22. Re: LOL Jul 26, 2004, 11:33 pob

It difficult not to read this and think that creative got worried Doom3's 5.1 sound engine thing was all performed on the CPU, meaning we didn't need to spend $$$ on an Auxidigigy.

News Comments > Half-Life Hitbox Bug
37. Re: Talk about desperate Jul 25, 2004, 21:04 pob

"Maybe that's just me, but I find they had more of a low profile these last years."

Its nothing compared to the .plan days of old old days. i miss groovy .plan files.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Benchmarks Follow-up
118. Re: why is D3 faster on 6800 cards? Jul 25, 2004, 09:37 pob

"I wouldn't get the 6800 Ultra since the GT can be OC'ed to the Ultra's level. "

Did you read what Carmack said about overclocking?

News Comments > DOOM 3 Requirements
89. Re: Upgrade for Doom 3 release. Jul 20, 2004, 15:22 pob

and.....

> * ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
> * 3Com EtherLink 100 Mbps PCI

..You want two network cards?..you might have DSL or something, but the p4c800-e will have a built in gigabit nic, and it won't suck up your pci bus either due to that, er, CSL thing. I guess...

> * Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 PCI / 24 bit

Um Doom3's sound engine is fully-software based, isn't it? IE no requirements for eax, eax3, etc...It does all the sound work on the CPU, not the sound card.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Music & SDK Plans
21. bobby prince, bobby prince.. Jul 19, 2004, 13:01 pob

yes, as Elf says, bring back bobby prince. It would have been cool, for some us atleast I guess, to have modern incarnations of e1m2, e1m5..e1m8..d2map1..and the others. I can partially remember a bit of one of the tracks for Quake...but for doom? frrp, they're all imprinted. They were groovy...within the realms of the soundcard's ability anyway. I guess the offical line is "that's quite 1993" or "it wouldn't match the more realistic look"...

News Comments > VU Games Cuts
3. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2004, 16:04 pob

At fuckedcompany.com they're saying this......

"Peaked
Rumor has it Sierra went belly up today, taking everyone out to lunch then laying them all off. Sierra made the famous "King's Quest", "Leisure Suit Larry", and "Hoyle" games...they will be missed.
When: 6/21/2004
Company: Sierra On Line
Severity: 99

If that's true, then that's quite an old kid on the block passing away. Sad news if this is right, they helped me through many many months of my childhood.

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 16:04.

114 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo