Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for pob

Real Name pob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.yahoo.com
Signed On Jul 31, 2002, 10:34
Total Comments 114 (Novice)
User ID 13735

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3, Part 1
3. Re: Xbox 360 Fake Audience Members May 18, 2005, 12:48 pob

hm sad, embaressing -and- disappointing. somewhere there's a PR guy going "hey, put down that [insert execssively descriptive coffee product name], I've got a great idea...lets hire a bunch of people, with, say, 50% of them nice ladies i reckon, and have them respond enthusiastically. high five!"

in fact, shame its quite a small news article, i think it deserves more space. maybe people only continue to do this because they get away with it.

This comment was edited on May 18, 12:49.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Epic Purchases Reality Engine
1. No subject May 12, 2005, 11:11 pob

mmm reality-engine looks/looked nice
http://www.artificialstudios.com/media.php

News Comments > New DICE Shooter
14. Re: Load times Apr 25, 2005, 16:11 pob

"Clunky infantry combat was offset by great vehicle action."

good vehicle action yes, but it could have been better. Get people in/on a vehicle trying to move around and its a Touvil & Dean Ice Skating Convetion. "I'm on a boa--..no i'm not, i've slid off into the sea."

Odd as, for example, Typhoon rising could have 10 people in a probably-soon-to-be-destroyed-by-a-satchel-bomb helicopter and not have this problem, people could move around just fine...although typhoon rising had some "chopper control issues".

News Comments > The Mod Squads - Q2-DOOM 3 Screenshots
8. Re: Heh. Apr 23, 2005, 16:01 pob

"id dosen't seam like the kind of company that would pitch a fit over this (lucas on the other hand...). "

don't you remember the Generations mod? My vague recollections of the time (that will most likely be wrong) was that someone made a mod that had doom, q1, q2(?...) and quake 3 all in quake3. They did all the work, released it, then Mr. Todd (?) of id said "sorry, you've got to pull the mod". Something to do with IPs and different publishers...?

someone please feel free to correct all this mistakes that little paragraph will have.

News Comments > Age of Conan Announced
15. Re: No subject Apr 20, 2005, 21:32 pob

"True, but James Earl Jones as snake god was great!"

best haircut ever, too.

News Comments > HL2 Aftermath Screenshot, Counter-Strike: Source Plans
35. Re: I don't think so Apr 16, 2005, 19:04 pob

"Seems like everyone is just copying a movie or something these days when creating "new" mods."

okay, lets use all our messageboard writing abilities to think up a new 'thing' for hl2 or whatever, that isn't a rehash of a current mod.

Personally, hey, i'd like to see the old text adventure Leather Goddesses of Phobos on HL2. Normal mapped pizzas under toilets, phoneboxes on cliffs (whatever it was), I think it would be quite cool. Shame its a)probably someone's copyright, and b)hey, it'd be a rehash, c)um ,hehe, not sure it would be multiplayer, at all, unless you had everyone in the game somehow loading a savepoint, and trying to complete it, while also shooting each other, and grav-gunning some pizza into someone's face in cleveland. anyway, that's me out of ideas, as that's what i want.

News Comments > Gold - NASCAR SimRacing
9. Re: Blue's News? Feb 1, 2005, 09:40 pob

i did alot of n2003, super great, and not all circles either. road courses were ace. thing is i became too addicted to it, so once my steering wheel broke i took the decision to leave it broken (and also after thrustmaster took 6 months to send me a replacement spring. not just any spring, no, but the wrong spring too)..

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Movie
26. Re: No subject Jan 9, 2005, 20:10 pob

"but then I saw the resolution - 1280x720. WTF are you expecting it to be - this is literally HDTV resolution, 720p to be exact."

erm, you must have a different 262mb file...its 800x450...its just seemingly got (according to xp) a er..come to me calc.exe ..a 176k/s audio stream. well played video people.

Vid looks very nice though, and impressive motion blur.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 20:14.

News Comments > Game Movies
8. Re: F.E.A.R Movie Dec 30, 2004, 19:33 pob

and Halladay's dialogue is great.
This comment was edited on Dec 30, 19:34.

News Comments > Soul Quest
5. Re: No subject Oct 30, 2004, 13:57 pob

"why cant devoleprs focus on gameplay????!??!?!"

because, as you will notice in 342394200+1 threads, if devs don't do nice graphics, the internetpeople say "omg xuxsoxx00rrr graphics, wtf is this, 1997?", etc., etc.

News Comments > Gold - Scrapland
5. Re: Scrapland website = ENOUGH IS ENOUGH Oct 26, 2004, 17:15 pob

agreed. its like the site for Driver..it was so annoying. be interesting to hear what the decision-makers in the web design process have to say. Whether they do it to look professional, whether they think it helps sell the tone of the game, or whether they think its good for us gamers - who probably just want to pass judgement on some screenshots, and maybe, maybe, get a link for a demo if they haven't already picked one up at the news site.

In scrapland's defense however, they do have a link to screenies on the intro-page, which is a good idea worthy of points.

News Comments > Gold - Scrapland
1. No subject Oct 26, 2004, 16:45 pob

hmm you're right. so edit, etc.

In other news, nfsu-2 demo is out, apparently.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 16:52.

News Comments > Game Movies
7. Re: Mirrors for Battlefield 2? Oct 24, 2004, 18:34 pob

its linked over in the users-file section of http://www.filerush.com/ ...if you don't mind a torrent.

News Comments > LSL Gets Lewder
16. Re: No subject Oct 23, 2004, 20:25 pob

rise of the dragon, for those that don't know it :
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=910

and neverhood, that i neverplayed.
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2484

13. Re: No subject Oct 23, 2004, 18:48 pob

rise of the dragon rocked. groovy midi. Would be cool to have something like that nowadays. It even has a picture of Jeff Tunnell on the box.

Proof, however, that its maybe not a game from 2004 (...), is the fact the box does say "over 8 megabytes of game data".

5. Re: No subject Oct 23, 2004, 13:27 pob

I learnt to type by playing pq1, lsl1, kq1..sq1..the first generation ones where you'd type but it wouldn't be in a pop-up box, so the action didn't stop...and you had to get the words in fast.

circa 1987:
<mummy> pob, why are you typing "look at sweetcheeks marie" ?
<pob> she's a prostitute.
<mummy> .

News Comments > Euro The Moment of Silence on DVD
8. Re: Battlestar Galactica sux dik Oct 22, 2004, 15:15 pob

"now also contains TV Spots for The Moment of Silence's sponsership of Battlestar Galactica"

......surely its sponsorship?

News Comments > Knight Rider: The Game 2 Demo
13. Re: Oct 18, 2004, 20:03 pob

the TV Screens bit is legitimate 1980s footage, i think. crappy suspension-and-all.

completed the demo...took a few goes, so the difficult is there, if that's er important. Its not, um...well...i don't know what it is.

News Comments > Knight Rider: The Game 2 Demo
9. Re: Oct 18, 2004, 19:07 pob

as its a free little demo, its worth it for the "TV screens" in the extras, where knight rider drives around, making trucks explode as it passes them.

114 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo