Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for pob

Real Name pob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.yahoo.com
Signed On Jul 31, 2002, 10:34
Total Comments 114 (Novice)
User ID 13735

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Registered DX: Invisible War Demo
55. Re: No subject Nov 21, 2003, 22:23 pob

turning on mouse acceleration helped me alot...compared to all other games where its a pain in the food-exit-tube.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > UT2004 & Far Cry Movies
4. Re: No subject Nov 14, 2003, 17:40 pob

hm and Far Cry's water is particularly nice

News Comments > Lock On: Modern Air Combat Gold
11. Re: No subject Nov 10, 2003, 16:41 pob

hm, and i remember coming home from school and trying to get enough memory free'd up in dos to run falcon3 with sfx and midi and maybe a mouse...and trying to use qemm386. bit easier now.

News Comments > NFS: Underground Demo
69. Re: ok. Nov 4, 2003, 22:29 pob

hm, 52.16 may have issues with morrowind and bf1942, as well as funny things happening in nview3 [i keep quitting games to find the start bar...in the middle of the screen], but the game does run very well with them + a gf4-4400.

News Comments > NFS: Underground Demo
57. Re: Drag Times Nov 4, 2003, 19:51 pob

25.60, not that i have anyway to really prove it.

Would be interesting if the final game didn't save gfx preferences...and...Did anyone read the terms and conditions for online play? Could be interpreted many many ways. scary crap just to play a game online.....and it didn't work anyway.

News Comments > Halo Trial Version
133. Re: Boy this game is really....something Oct 22, 2003, 12:31 pob

"And then I tried Multiplayer. "..

multiplayer on this demo is...well...I was utterly dismayed. However, after a couple of days, i found a good server...then, some vague pattern started to emerge, where a 10 player server would be fine until #9 or #10 joined, and then it would hit the skids. There are a few fine-speed CTF servers out there [accessible from the uk atleast], but a lot more wouldn't hurt. When the lag's not there, it plays great, and its alot of fun. Would be nice if there was some readily-visible ping-display too..but...i can't find it.

Anyway, all you big gfx boys, stop being so proud, drop the res and turn off spec, plays fine at 800x600, and put it down to the curious history this title has had, and the wonders of corporate pressure to release a game.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots - DOOM 3
23. Re: nitpicking a little Oct 8, 2003, 08:26 pob

You know, there are probably many things they want to add to the game, but can't given the current state of the hardware most of us own. Different zombies at every corner, high res wall textures, more lightsources, more polygons...there are some things that we litterally just can't do, until we get everyone up a few generations in hardware. I'm guessing the engine is just fine with supporting more of the above, its just that the hardware most of us have cannot.

News Comments > GP Simulator Announced
1. lsfkjl Jul 7, 2003, 14:41 pob

wow, its the people that made Screamer back in 1995 or whatever. That game is reponsible for some 'rather rushed' deadlines in my degree.

News Comments > Chrome Delayed
6. Re: Great News Jun 19, 2003, 16:24 pob

yeh, seemingly some better/more_understanding management people somewhere. pay attention sony, potentially.

edito : omg grammar, i promise i did go to school once.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 18:22.

News Comments > IndyCar Series Demo
17. Re: Deleted Jun 13, 2003, 04:55 pob

you runnning split axis brake/accelerate? Could be the cause of your demise - i'm guessing is why CMR3 was somewhat totally not working ever on my machine. Not having that working with your game is a sinful thing as most/lots/anyone/some/x% people who are serious about driving games do split axis, so they can brake and accelerate at the same time [a little bit].

Anyway, stuff all this, someone should make Fatal Racing 2 [I think Gremlin started, before they were assimilated].

News Comments > DOOM III Trailer
181. attn The dude. May 14, 2003, 10:46 pob

"All the 3D character models are generated with Maya.. "

um simply by-the-by, i seem to remember the quicktime from lastyear's E3 showing them modeling in lightwave, and the leaky-alpha came with native lightwave files in it too. I thought maya was used for animating...although, having said all that, lots of houses use lots of software even if they only admit to one, so they may even be using that Evil-Discreet product too on some computer somewhere.

apart from that, impressive rendering stuff, gogogo mods community.

News Comments > IGI 2 Dedicated Server & Euro Release
11. Re: Anyone played the retail version yet ? Feb 22, 2003, 13:05 pob

somehow replies to news of demos is always predictable..its more predictable than posts on cgchannel's messageboards.

I played the igi2 multiplayer demo alot, on some aging 800p3 and a gf2 etc blah blah blah, and its alot of fun. really is. the gfx don't suck and i'm curious as to how someone can think q2 looks better, but each to their own. Its got a fun atmosphere, people run around (...not at 50mph) in big arenas, dodging snipers, getting keycards, and shooting people off commando slides. Go out to play in the evening, get home, fire it up, and give it ago, works a treat.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
50. Re: Gaming Aug 31, 2002, 06:33 pob

Police Quest 1 and Space Quest 1 (c:\sq1 on my dad's 10mb hard disk) are the reason i learned to type fast. It was Type or die. And time to learn how to spell license.

PQ1 was the best. Telling my mum how i, her not-a-teen-yet-Son, was having a conversation with a prostitute called "Sweet-Cheeks Marie"...and typing "take off" [or something], which summarily removed all the clothes on my little policeman. Currently having recollections that I used my PR-24 Nightstick on the drunk, but i might be imagining that.

[Me, circa 1987(?)]
"wow, that woman looks...looks...she looks kind of attractive."

News Comments > DOOM III Screenshots
159. Re: For the LOVE OF GOD Aug 1, 2002, 12:09 pob

"Of course, it does beg the question of why these shots have been released. ..."

Could just be some PR management fluff-up. What I think is cool, and what my clients think is cool can be two different things...they can be far more easily pleased than I. The lighting going on in the "We Love ATI" mpeg, with the monster-dude by the flames was, I thought, truely cool...complete with soft subtle blue belly light. Better than either of these two shots. These show some nice dental work, cool windows, but yeh they look kind of empty - although its not unheard of to have an empty room. I think its safe to assume that they have better money shots lying around....and....the thing's not out for ages. Remember those shots of q1, with the creature walking down the hallway? Final thing looked way better, and i'm sure there was bitching about those.

pob

114 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo