Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danazer

Real Name Danazer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Thenetcase
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2002, 04:19
Total Comments 28 (Suspect)
User ID 13727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM
19. Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM Jul 29, 2014, 18:39 Thenetcase

I understand that.
But stealing games from publishers / developers is just as wrong in the sight of the law as walking into K-Mart and stealing something off the shelf, or breaking into a home and robbing the owners.
It's basically the digital form of the same thing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM
17. Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM Jul 29, 2014, 18:19 Thenetcase

If you're not going to break the law, DRM doesn't matter at all.
I don't pirate games and therefore I'm happy to deal with DRM-- and though I'm not a fan of EA, I can totally understand why they would protect their intellectual property.

News Comments > Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins
8. Re: Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins Jun 22, 2014, 18:47 Thenetcase

The Torchlight people did this about their first game... and we all know how much it hurt them, right? ;-)  

News Comments > Rekoil This Month
2. Re: Rekoil This Month Jan 5, 2014, 18:16 Thenetcase

Personally I think this game is a "rinse and repeat" of the most generic kind. There's really nothing special about it.  

News Comments > Clandestine Announced
5. Re: Clandestine Announced Nov 28, 2013, 18:21 Thenetcase

Artistic style doesn't automatically mean that it's archaic by design.

I personally liked the style-- as long as they actually make a game that is modern in the way it plays. Otherwise the artistic style is lost inside of a cess pool of crap. What else would a cess pool hold?

News Comments > Clandestine Announced
3. Re: Clandestine Announced Nov 28, 2013, 17:00 Thenetcase

Has anyone else noticed that in the lower right corner of the Clandestine website there is a link to http://www.itanimulli.com/, which redirects to the NSA's website?
It's a tiny little blip of an image, and the hover-over text says, "This is a false flag".
Weird...

News Comments > New SimCity Only Playable Online
79. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 29, 2012, 05:19 Thenetcase

This just went for a must-buy for me to a definite NO.
If I am required to install Origin for a game, that game goes on my "Avoid at all costs" list. I dispise Origin for its invasiveness and I refuse to touch it.
I also hate online-only games, even for single player. I like multiplayer, but I want to choose when I play multiplayer.

Great job on killing the buzz, EA. Typical.

News Comments > Futuremark Teases Three Games
14. Re: Futuremark Teases Three Games May 29, 2011, 06:26 Thenetcase

I just want it to be Freelancer II  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Meets Lead
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Meets Lead May 4, 2011, 09:04 Thenetcase

I couldn't agree more... it's so stupid how many retarded zombie games are on the market. I almost spewed when I read the whole "we wanted to create something new" line. How absurd. That'd be like me making a racing game and saying, "I wanted to make something new so I made a game about fast cars. But not just any fast cars... ones that WIN and beat the CHALLENGE". That's not "new" or "creative". That's just rehashing the same (successful) market as thousands of other games have.
I personally can't stand zombie crap. It's waay over saturated. Kind of like WWII games. But at the very least, don't claim to be creative or original and then announce a zombie killing game. Maybe a zombie cuddling game or a "my pet zombie" game could somehow be construed as original, but not one where you do anything violent to a zombie.

Just my two cents.

News Comments > AoE Online Keys
33. Re: AoE Online Keys Apr 30, 2011, 02:22 Thenetcase

I had to change my email address as my account on here was using one that I no longer have access to... Hopefully the key isn't already sent.  

News Comments > AoE Online Keys
32. Re: AoE Online Keys Apr 30, 2011, 01:01 Thenetcase

Please give me one too, if you're still awesome!  

News Comments > Bungie's MMOG Backtracking
8. Re: Bungie's MMOG Backtracking Mar 6, 2011, 05:09 Thenetcase

Me thinks they dost proest too much.  

News Comments > Magicka: Vietnam Announced
18. Re: Magicka: Vietnam Announced Mar 1, 2011, 17:06 Thenetcase

LOL If this was exactly one month later I would say well done on the creative April Fools joke... But alas! It is real... It's good to see a developer with a sense of humor.  

News Comments > Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3
8. Re: Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3 Jan 25, 2011, 21:27 Thenetcase

I think it's petty. There are no conclusive studies linking video games to violent bahavior. There *are* plenty of studies linking bad parenting, poor environment and peer influences to further bad behavior and/or violence.

I think that we should place labels on all politicians saying "WARNING: Excessive exposure to political idiocy has been linked to aggressive behavior".

Cheers

News Comments > Lord British Wins NCsoft Lawsuit
4. Re: Lord British Wins NCsoft Lawsuit Jul 30, 2010, 10:55 Thenetcase

He's an idiot. In my opinion he probably deserved to be fired whether he was or not. He's an arrogant prick. Always has been.  

News Comments > SpongeBob SquarePants MMOG
9. Re: SpongeBob SquarePants MMOG Jun 10, 2010, 06:08 Thenetcase

Frijoles wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 12:07:
Fuck yeah! I've always wanted to make Krabby Patties! And I hope there's a quest to finally get Sandy in to bed. Rawr.

The fact that you even know who "Sandy" IS makes me feel sorry for you... very very sorry. Please seek counselling.

Cheers

News Comments > RollerCoaster Tycoon Movie Plans
3. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon Movie Plans May 14, 2010, 07:33 Thenetcase

I still have to say that I'm skeptical about this working. Either this is a joke or someone has an idea they think is genius.
The keyword is "THINK" ... Because we all know it's far from genius.

Hardware > Nvidia 400 Series
4. Re: Moved Apr 8, 2010, 08:27 Thenetcase

Bucky wrote on Mar 26, 2010, 20:56:
While the 470 has a performance edge of 2%-10%, it efficiency is much worse (thermals, power draw and fan noise). A slightly faster, less efficient card isn't worth $70 to me.

Great point... the whole idea of buying new cards when they hit the street is kind of ridiculous. Just wait 6 months and buy them. If everyone did that, soon the introductory price points would drop to a reasonible level.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Teaser Trailer
7. Re: Crysis 2 Teaser Trailer Apr 8, 2010, 08:24 Thenetcase

Better AI would help sell Crysis 5 or so... Marketing can only push something so far before people realize there are better products coming out every day.
The Battlefield series is so popular because it has NO attempt at AI to screw it up. Crysis will fail as a series if they don't improve *something* about the replayability of the franchise.
That being said, it has phenominal graphics... but doesn't everything these days? The better the graphics of the average game become, the more easy it is to understand the old saying, "graphics don't make the game".

Just my two cents.

News Comments > Rockstar San Diego Revolt
15. Re: Rockstar San Diego Revolt Jan 9, 2010, 00:07 Thenetcase

You guys have no idea how underpaid game developers are, do you?
They are also worked extremely hard. 2 years ago there was a TV documentary on 60 minutes or something similar. They were discussing jobs with the worst pay and conditions-- game developers were right up at the top. They are classically over used and under paid. I don't blame these men's wives.
The IT market in general tends to flog and abuse its employees. It isn't fair and those involved should stop accepting those conditions as "ok" and stand up for themselves.

Just my 2 cents.

28 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo