Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2013, 16:56 KS

Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:52:
InBlack wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:33:
We really need a new ST series. Preferably a continuation of the established franchise where maybe some stars can make a comback/cameo appearances.

Rumors have been floating ever since the first [url=][/url]Abrams movie that they're working on a TV show set after Voyager. But sadly, they remain rumors for now.

It's funny, when I saw the headline, I thought "OMG, they're doing a Star Trek tv season online???" I'd totally forgotten about the shitty MMO.

Hehe I thought the same thing, except I thought it was some Season 8 of that semi-pro fan series done by that guy who made that awesome duplicate TOS bridge in his basement.

DOH it's the button-masher game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 29, 2013, 11:18 KS

"Cool! But when do I get to play Robocop? I just get to play this guy in football pads and a riot helmet."  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 14:30 KS

DrSquick wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 13:39:
Why would they not take the bags? What do they do with one bag that they couldn't do with multiples? Or is it not at all about recycling, and just about getting you into the store?

Well, relying on your concern for recycling to get you to like them more is obviously a business method, but in this case I'll bet it's more that they can't reuse them, being food-oriented. It's not practical or perhaps even legal?

Re-filling your bag for you at a discount, or normal price + free coffee would be a better way, but even then that relies on opening a barrel, and you know how snooty coffee lovers insanely drool over adore their hermetically-sealed coffee beans, kept from air until seconds before grinding and brewing...!

PC Gaming > City of Titans Kickstarter
1. City of Titans Kickstarter Oct 24, 2013, 11:07 KS

Nothing on City of Titans Kickstarter?

Sad.

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
68. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 21, 2013, 10:55 KS

Kitkoan wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:19:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:02:
Does the STEAM description misleads the buyer somehow?
If that's the case, I would want a refund for sure.

Kinda does.

It never mentions that it's not a complete game, but in a post in the forum section the developers clearly state "The idea was then formed to make Dark Matter an episodic series, with episodes selling at a budget price of $14.99. Any further episodes would, however, need to be dependent on the success of the previous instalment. The first instalment is what has launched recently on Steam and is simply called Dark Matter."

This is the only mentioning that it's going to be a episodic game, and isn't found anywhere on the store page.

Episodic is fine, but shouldn't it end with a big boss battle?

Wolf 3D was episodic, purchased separately, and all 6 episodes ended with a boss battle. Quake, too, though that was all one purchase.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 13:33 KS

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:16:
Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:09:
Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 10:51:
nin wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 09:21:
Following the incident, officials with Pinellas County Animal Rescue are warning area residents to keep their pets inside at night to protect them from coyotes.

Yeah, no kidding...we have them around here, and they make off with smaller pets all the time.

I heard a pack of them howling a few nights back, then I heard some gunshots later. (rifle shots, more likely). Saw two dead ones near the road the next morning.

Dumbass coyotes.

True Men Don't kill Coyotes

"True Men" don't have to deal with the fuckers on a daily basis. Those that do just fucking shoot them.

Giant rats eating your sheep. "But they're doggies!" pontificate the power hungry to concrete canyon dwellers who, by dint of breeding like rats themselves, outnumber and extend a claw of control over the sparse states 1500 miles away. "Let's force them to obey our sensibilities!"

News Comments > Thief Dropping XP System
22. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 17, 2013, 12:58 KS

If only they had the guy from UT going "Headshot" in the trailer, it would have worked well as a Thief parody.

Hehe, I wrote a descriptive parody some months back in a Thief thread about him leaping around like Prince of Persia or Assassin's Creed and bam! Stab a guard in the top of the head with a dagger.

Their game design has achieved Poe's Law level.

News Comments > Thief Dropping XP System
16. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 17, 2013, 12:12 KS

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 10:42:
I never understood why the hell Thief needed an XP system, beyond the obvious "Well, other games have an XP system!!!" bullshit.

As for what they have to say about QTEs, I fully expect it to be: "After this game, you will LOVE them! We've treated them in a whole new fashion, and sprinkled them liberally throughout! QTEs are the future!"

Rolleyes

Aren't these basically Dragon's Lair moves? You get a brief window of time to jiggle the joystick thus and so, and one of two outcomes plays?

Dragon's Lair, as in 30 years ago?

I guess they are there so the dev can sit there with Conan or Jimmy and laugh uproariously as Lara Croft gets impaled in the neck. Hahaha we have good times buy our thing.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2013, 12:18.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 12:14 KS

InBlack wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 10:43:
That Pot Smoker link is horrible. Its a chart, a damn unreadable one at that and one that doesnt answer the question 'why' or even attempt to. Waste of my five minutes. Bah!

Exactly, it doesn't say why, and just draws a correlation. A better title would leave out "why".

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 16, 2013, 12:00 KS

People roleplay sprinting around at 5 MPH?

Better yet, get on your $40,000 Harleys and open up the throttle and enjoy the breeze thru your hair at 12 MPH.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 15, 2013, 14:29 KS

They did point out their blogs were loaded with tangential topics, so that complaint rang hollow in their reasoning for pulling it.

As for the comments issue, most comments are not thoughtful ones replying to points raised, but are oppositional claims related to the subject, but having nothing to do with any points in the article or blog. Followed by nasty comments and rudeness. Stuff that would never happen in a face to face discussion.

A teacher grading such a comment would give them an F just for ignoring the points raised in the blog, before they even got to the rudeness.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 15, 2013, 14:15 KS

Creston wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 11:45:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 21:59:
Rockstar confirms GTA Online characters can't be restored if lost
Is it due to being a console save system or is GTAO just so crappy you can't save your character from session to session?

No, it's because people created new characters in the same slots as the old character, thereby telling the server "Hey, overwrite this data", which then propagates to the backup.

Sucks that it happened, but that's how IT works.

That's how sloppy programming works. Also, they have backups, just restore the lost characters, adding temporary extra slots if necessary.

It's cheaper to just heave virtual cash, I guess.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 11, 2013, 18:11 KS

Raptor wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 06:57:
Actually I thought to post some more quotes which highlight what's wrong with the design philosphy.

SR: We’ve seen players who don’t even bother to read anything they find. We have to make sure the game is fun for them, too. So, it’s a big challenge to add enough layers of exposition to not penalize anyone who wants to skip over that kind of stuff.

No, I think people who are incapable of adjusting their playstyle to the actual game they play should be punished or at least miss some cool stuff.
Should ARMA 3 be arcade just because some guys from COD might decide to come over and find that they are penalized?

Why does the thinking man get penalized all the time with all of these decisions?

The sad part is this issue has been solved already. Try an ancient RPG from GOG and see how long you enjoy writing down every quest detail from Lord British in Ultima I or IV or whatever they gave out free.

The solution is an auto quest journal you can reference that summarizes important points and has a log of the conversations. If people are still too pigheaded to reference it, so be it. It's not an FPS.

Also, I hope their comment about forgetting to use "taffer" in the game as an expletive is a joke.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced
22. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 9, 2013, 14:21 KS

RavingArmy wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 19:17:
How about EA stops pretending SWTOR is "free-to-play" and does something that actually treats players like people and not sepoys? Either rework the model to GW2-style "buy to play" or revert to full subscription. Either way, I'd be more likely to play again.

A few months back I logged in, saw I had to pay money to have more than one button bar onscreen, and logged back out after fumbling through a few missions.

Is it still that way?

News Comments > Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation
15. Re: Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation Oct 9, 2013, 13:35 KS

The four best RTSs are, in order:

1. Sacrifice
2. Total Annihilation
3. Dungeon Keeper
4. Warcraft

The first two never had sequels, and I never understood why.

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
22. Re: Daikatana on Steam Oct 2, 2013, 13:57 KS

I downloaded the demo way back when, fought to get it running with Power VR, the only Open-GL capable card besides 3dfx and DOS CAD workstations with industrial strength Open GL graphics.

...and fought frogs. Sorry, that just killed my interest in actual fact. And no, back then people weren't yet sick of military shooters. This was the second generation of FPS, consisting of six "Quake killers", of which this, Sin, and the apparently destined-to-be terrible Half Life that stunned the shit out of everyone when it came out.

No, the sword wasn't the problem, or even the frogs per se. It was shoving the opposite of cool, frogs, in your face as the loss leader demo that was supposed to attract you.

I was there. I lived it.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins
10. Re: Planetary Annihilation Beta Begins Sep 27, 2013, 14:21 KS

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 13:31:
Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 10:59:
I'll be honest and say that the main reason I didn't back this is because the graphics style threw me off.

I didn't back it because the amount of money you need to make a good rts is way more then 3 million. The original supcom had 10 mill, supcom 2 had 5 million.

3 million just isn't enough. I hope the mod community can make some cool mods for PA since the developer just doesn't have the resources/talent to do a full fledged next gen RTS.

PA is juts a retread of the same damn game we've all been playing for years already sadly.

Not really. The idea of planets and gravity and 3D outer space with proper space flight (instead of most games' air flight simulation, or Eve Online's submarine simulation) completely changes the dynamics. No longer is it a planet-based (read: land map) battlefield.

I can ignore the vastly underscaled planet size and interplanetary distances just to get at the wonder of a simple but thematically accurate solar system as the battlefield, with realistic, if stylized, gravitational wells and rocketry, and proper ballistics between solar bodies.

Fantastic! It seems like a big change over previous games and not just more of the same.

Next step: Someone get the rights to do a Starfire game with all this and proper warp point defense and assault!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 26, 2013, 10:34 KS

Well I hope not here -- I love ripping on new MMORPGs and their 3-power "action MMO" design.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2013, 12:52 KS

The dirtball sheriff refused to re-appoint people (to non-political positions) after re-election due to the "likes" of his opponent's page, which is disallowed for non-political positions if done on your own time.

Then tried to get out of it by claiming likes were not political speech even though he effectively fired based on the political reasoning shown by the like.

News Comments > Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M
5. Re: Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M Sep 4, 2013, 10:22 KS

More importantly:

1. Never heard of it before
2. Story link links to their site, Origin.com. Clicked "buy", and searched, and got this:

Sorry, we didn't find anything for

“humble origin bundle”

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo