Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 366 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Invasion Update
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Invasion Update Apr 9, 2014, 14:26 KS

I'll bet the one thing it doesn't have is an actual live invasion, far and away the most exciting thing for an MMORPG, vastly exceeding even PvP warzones, and something I've seen once in UO, once in EQ, and several times in the sad shutdown events of several.

Morpheii! Morpheii everywhere!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Update Plans
5. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Update Plans Apr 8, 2014, 14:13 KS

I play a Kim Kardashianesque dark elf backstabber. Other than that, like Towlie, I have no idea what's going on.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
31. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 13:51 KS

Alamar wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 12:11:
What I really found I missed yesterday, was after turning auto loot on, I had no idea what I was looting, and found no way to turn it on in the chat window, which meant I would have to open my inventory to see the new stuff every time.

Did you solve this problem?

5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 10:47 KS

Darks wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 10:32:
KS wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 10:28:
Well, bought it, hope springs eternal. Took all night to download via update/patcher. Lots of sliders in character creation, including vital hip, waist, butt, and boob sliders. Face sliders (jaw, cheek, mouth) barely do anything.

Started tut with my char, it freezes for 5s every minute or so. I'll play with settings I guess.

What I usually do to make a char is use the randomize button until I find the look that I like. After that I fine tune it from there.

Yep, were having lots of fun exploring the world. itís fun to find random mines and caves to wonder around in. If you are looking to get your lock picking skills up, find a river, they seem to like putting a lot of chest around rivers.

I know absolutely nothing about the game qua MMORPG. I am a sorcerer, can they lockpick or is it tied to the thief class?

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 10:28 KS

Well, bought it, hope springs eternal. Took all night to download via update/patcher. Lots of sliders in character creation, including vital hip, waist, butt, and boob sliders. You can pump her booty way up, then use the gut slider to get rid of her beerbelly. Face sliders (jaw, cheek, mouth) barely do anything.

Started tut with my char, it freezes for 5s every minute or so. I'll play with settings I guess.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep
6. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 3, 2014, 19:15 KS

Still don't know much about it. The site is slow and doesn't say anyway, so went to wikipedia. "There will be four classes: (fancy names for tank, healer, caster, and backstabby guy)."

Monthly cost doesn't bother me as I have a job and spend more than that eating out every day. I want something fun to play.

> A Korean 2560x1600 30",
=D

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 3, 2014, 14:18 KS

I can't find the article -- just a couple of brief quotes from an interview.

Where is the interview?

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
13. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 28, 2014, 15:41 KS

BobBob wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 15:20:
Clever Caviar wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 15:14:
I can understand his reasons for wanting to work on this, he's clearly deeply passionate about it, but it baffles me that supposedly smart people are happy taking a paycheck from such a scummy company.

You would refuse 2 billion? Be honest with yourself.

No, I would sell out in a hearbeat, then go feel like shit about what I did in my summer home in the Alps, between day trips to Paris for lunch.

News Comments > Women In Video Games Initiative
4. Re: Women In Video Games Initiative Mar 28, 2014, 11:35 KS

I have 100% been identifying as female in games ever since Quake II had a female skin.  

News Comments > Zombies Monsters Robots Announced
4. Re: Zombies Monsters Robots Announced Mar 27, 2014, 19:07 KS

"Set in an alternate world where the invention of portal technology has lured cross-dimensional creatures to Earth and humanity finds itself under attack

Hehe, Half-Life.

News Comments > Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves
49. Re: Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves Mar 27, 2014, 13:13 KS

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 22:18:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 21:32:
nin wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 21:24:
Shataan wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 21:17:
This really IS Genius. Makes you wonder why no other Devs have ever implemented the idea.

Doesn't GTA 5 do this?

Were they doing it with cheaters or just griefers?

Both, and they get thier own pools. Cheaters play with cheaters and greifers play with greifers.

And cheater-griefers who do both go off on their own, kind of like how MMORPGs have normal servers, PvP, RP, and the famed RP-PvP, which I play on.

"Thou sonofabitch!"

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details
22. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 26, 2014, 15:03 KS

How many sliders do you get in the character creator? I was completely disgisted with Skyrim.  

News Comments > DirectX 12 Announced
33. Re: DirectX 12 Announced Mar 21, 2014, 15:00 KS

Hey, Microsoft PR flack, don't forget to use active insteaf of passive verbs.

> DirectX 12 introduces

Good job!

News Comments > WildStar Preorders
7. Re: WildStar Preorders Mar 19, 2014, 16:46 KS

Wolfox wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 16:42:
If this game used the Guild Wars model (buy-to-play, no subscription), I would consider trying it. But since it also has a subscription, I'm out.

Well, until it goes F2P, which might be quite likely.

Subscription does not bother me -- I am not a poor student.

What bothers me is spending hundreds of hours furnishing an online space while paying 8 years of monthly, and then it is all ripped away and closed because they'd rather use the servers for Guild Wars 2 or 3 or whatever.

News Comments > WildStar Preorders
5. Re: WildStar Preorders Mar 19, 2014, 16:30 KS

I can't read crap on that web site on my phone -- clearly it was generated by a chimpanzee who used a web layout tool not cognizant of certain popular phone browsers used by over 50 million people.  

News Comments > EverQuest Turns 15
21. Re: EverQuest Turns 15 Mar 18, 2014, 11:35 KS

wtf_man wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 15:36:
descender wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 12:31:
12 hours? Good lord... there were far more difficult camps than that :p Journeyman boots camp in OOT was one of my worst experiences... and the fabled Pyzjyn/Glowing Black stone drop cost me 3 or 4 days of my life.

Got my character to level 44... 14 months of my life... got fed up and had a buddy bind me in front of a KOS NPC in Freeport. Spectacular corpse spam suicide... only lasted 4 hours before all of my levels were gone. (Well, down to level 5, couldn't lose levels after that). Pretty harsh death penalty, when you put it perspective.

I recall them stopping losing levels (or some new limit anyway) after a guy killed himself from 50 back down to 20. Your powers scaled back but you didn't lose them. So he was on Rallos Zek/PvP(?) and ran through lowbie zones slaughtering equal-level people because he had more clickies.

10. Re: EverQuest Turns 15 Mar 17, 2014, 12:54 KS

Probably their stupidist design decision was mana users meditating with their spellbook in their face -- build a lovely, newfangled 3D game thrn make people spend most of it not able to see the 3D. And why? For a nominal gameplay "feature" of maybe a monster will wander up and konk you on he head.

So much would have made it DOA today, and I don't mean things like corpse recovery.

9. Re: EverQuest Turns 15 Mar 17, 2014, 12:40 KS

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 11:49:
Ahh, EQ, you evil son of a bitch. How many days of my life were thrown away punching alligators in the face and running from Sand Giants?(Monks ruled)

One of the greatest memories of my video game life was when I killed my first Sand Giant solo in EQ.
[url=][/url]
Probably the worst video game memory I have is also from EQ, camping the Beholder's zero weight bag for my monk for like 12 hours straight before I quit and uninstalled EQ forever.

So many cool aspects to Everquest, so many horrible design decisions, in hindsight at least.

The sand giants were level 35 IIRC. I solo'd my first with my level 16 necro way back when.

No, it's true! I stumbled across one that had a sliver of life left -- someone had fought it and died, but their final blow sent it into flee mode.

I sent the pet in to attack, and it chased it. I was worried the giant would heal faster than my pet's rare non-wiff would chew away that sliver.

Eventually the pet killed it and I got two yellow bubs of xp -- the whole hog.

News Comments > 3D Realms Acquisition Details
5. Re: 3D Realms Acquisition Details Mar 3, 2014, 10:51 KS

Bluesnews.com, there's an ad today that's popping up a Playstation ad overlay that has no close box, or at least a well-hidden one I cannot find.  

News Comments > Minecraft Movie Plans
12. Re: Minecraft Movie Plans Feb 28, 2014, 11:49 KS

Nothing like telling a bunch of guys you're hoping to strike a multimillion dollar deal with that working with them might be "jumping the shark".  

366 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo