Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 365 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Abatron Announced
7. Re: Abatron Announced Jun 8, 2014, 02:54 KS

jdreyer wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 14:30:
This is interesting. One of my favorite games in the past was a hybrid RTS-FPS: Battlezone. I'll keep an eye on this.

As soon as I read "FPS-RTS hybrid", I thought of exactly this game too!

I recall being upset the game was fairly FPS-ish rather than me being able to place turrets everywhere and just hide and let them do the work.

I would definitely be interested in a game with a FPS viewpoint, but otherwise a normal RTS where you did little to no shooting directly. The fast and high leaping about the battlefield is also reminiscent of Outland with the wing jumpjet thingie.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shards Online Preview Weekend Underway
4. Re: Shards Online Preview Weekend Underway Jun 8, 2014, 02:43 KS

The inventory system is very Ultima Onlinelike, where you literally distribute things in a bag manually, including sub-bags (which you can get by picking up your bag off your own dead corpse and putting it inside your own new bag lol).

I attacked a player thinking it was an NPC and then a guard came and slaughtered me with a rude comment. So it did feel hehehe very Ultima Onlinelike.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 04:02 KS

headshot wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 01:55:
RUMOR: Is Marvel Canceling Fantastic Four Comics to Hurt Fox's New Movie?

they should just end this war, it hurts the moviegoers.

The comic books can go hang -- I haven't bought one in years, and the last time I did (Fantastic Four) I'm not even sure what was going on. Johnny, who "died", had just come back to life as everybody knew would happen. There was another Galactus attack coming with big buildings floating up into the sky.

Hulk, as usual, didn't even have Hulk in it.

I'm with the bulk of the population now -- these are fun movies.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
5. Re: Saturday Interviews May 31, 2014, 12:23 KS

Perhaps the most inspiring thing at motherjones.com was the ad overlay for a Bently.

Goes to show the type of self-important folk who hang out there.

News Comments > Crytek Announces Arena of Fate
23. Re: Crytek Announces Arena of Fate May 22, 2014, 15:31 KS

they don't actually use the term MOBA

Matthew Broderick to W.O.P.R.: LEARN, DAMMIT! It's learning!!!

News Comments > Evolve in October
11. Re: Evolve in October May 22, 2014, 14:47 KS

as a team of four hunters face off against a single, player-controlled monster. Set on an alien planet in the distant future, players hunt their prey†

I first read that as "as a team of four hundred face off against..." and got briefly excited.

I recall when EverQuest briefly toyed with you being able to take over up to a level 6 monster in newbie areas and go attack players.

Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "This is new. Anything new is good."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 12:18 KS

nin wrote on May 15, 2014, 09:32:
TangledThorns wrote on May 15, 2014, 09:24:
Fast food workers on strike is the reason why staying in school and getting an education for a good paying career is important.

If every collage graduate could step into a well paying job based on their degree, that would be great. But it's not the case, at least here in America. People are struggling, and that means taking whatever job is available, even if it's wildly below what you studied for. People graduate with a shitload of debt (with the hopes of paying it off), only to find they can't get a job in what they studied for.

There's always going to be the bottom of the barrel, true. But school does not guarantee success.

We shouldn't blame business for not providing jobs for every degree. Instead, throw the blame on colleges and loan companies and government, who tells you, "Sure! Borrow away and get that degree. Any degree is useful in and of itself!"

Increasing college costs can be tied to easy loans -- the annual increases are like adding the $2000 sport package to a car loan. @$35/mo. extra, 8% annual increases are palatable.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition
29. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 12:11 KS

Speaking of games I won't be touching with a 39 1/2 foot pole before a free, playable demo is available because gameplay was reimagineered by corporate chimpanzees, is a Thief demo available?  

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition
28. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 12:05 KS

nin wrote on May 13, 2014, 22:38:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 13, 2014, 22:34:
Dragon Dragon's Age Ages Inquisition Inquisitor's Editions

They should totally hire American McGee to slap his name on there...

American McGee's Dragon Age: The Masquerade: Bloodlines: Dragon Age Inquisition: Inquisitor's Edition: Nobody Expects The Inquisition

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
7. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 11:24 KS

God I hate too cartoony. We shall see here. Champions was almost DOA for me but fortunately I could turn off fog/bloom BS and that awful black character outline.

Tera is just phenomenal in that aspect -- even though half its races are as goofy-looking as original EverQuest.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
28. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 17:54 KS

Bought Morrowind, hated it, stopped after 2 hours.
Bought Oblivion, hated it, stopped after rescuing (or failing to) Picard and running around a bit.
Bought Skyrim, Steam says I have 7 hours on it.
Bought ESO, cancelled after 2 weeks, I assume other 2 are about up.

Why do I do this? I don't know.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 1, 2014, 16:09 KS

I don't know if I'm all that keen on an unelected official declaring state laws invalid, especially governing the constitution of local entities, which are the creation of state law. It smacks of the federal government, at least partially, creating and empowering localities, which is the province of state power.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 26, 2014, 02:04 KS

Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 21:34:
KS wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 19:56:
People defended Chavez in Venezuela, too, yet step-by-step he adopted dictatorship powers one after the other. Arresting and hassling journalists. Needed "Emergency power to pass law by decree" -- the "dictator" in "dictatorship". Arresting and jailing opposition politicians.

Here we see it and we saw it in Turkey when their leader started outlawing Twitter and whatever for exposing his corruption.

Uh no. The difference is Chavez had to get hardline seeing as the US/CIA were actively working to overthrow his government. Even with all their shenanigans he still had the support of most of the country.

As did Hitler. You will know them by their behavior, and I listed those behaviors. There is no defense of this. Every democracy historically has failed eventually, and they all fail at the same point -- granting "emergency" powers to some power hungry, quick-talking thug.

News Comments > ArcheAge Founder's Packs
16. Re: ArcheAge Founder's Packs Apr 26, 2014, 01:59 KS

Closest I can tell what the powers do.

"Necromancy" doesn't even know what a skeleton pet is. It has two pets, neither of which lasts 10 seconds before expiring. i.e. they're normal attacks/whatever wrapped in a pet animation instead of glowies flying around.

Why are these games rocketting 180 degrees in the wrong direction, wtf.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2014, 19:56 KS

People defended Chavez in Venezuela, too, yet step-by-step he adopted dictatorship powers one after the other. Arresting and hassling journalists. Needed "Emergency power to pass law by decree" -- the "dictator" in "dictatorship". Arresting and jailing opposition politicians.

Here we see it and we saw it in Turkey when their leader started outlawing Twitter and whatever for exposing his corruption.

News Comments > ArcheAge Founder's Packs
14. Re: ArcheAge Founder's Packs Apr 25, 2014, 19:52 KS

So this is a new game or it's been out for over a year in Asia? If so, how can there be nothing on the classes -- their own web side doesn't even have clicks for what the 10 skill trees do.  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
2. Re: Sunday Patches Apr 21, 2014, 15:38 KS

Anyone play a high-end healer? Were you wanting more challenge by greatly weakening passive healing, and taking a power that healed sickest party member and picks a random member instead?

Maybe so, but in other games where I did play a healer, stuff that reduced the burden of tracking individuals was always welcome. You then just had true emergency issues to deal with deftly. Here they seem to be deliberately going the other way to give the healer some "game".

Are they fixing a problem that isn't broken?

I don't know here. Healers?

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Apr 14, 2014, 20:39 KS

Not only that but the palette is just too brown. Faithful to the material it may be but next to its MMO contemporaries it just seems murky.

We donít want to wear brown and grey clothes. We do that in real life and itís hard to stand out among friends and other players when you all look so dull.

So effing right. This is the most drab game I've ever seen.

In Reamde (note the misspelling) by Neal Stephenson, he describes a giant MMORPG, and in it (among other things) is a tonge-in-cheek battle going on between the Earthtone Coalition and the Forces of Bright.

The former would be games like this and DDO and Turbine stuff. The latter would be things like typical Asian MMORPGs and Tera Online (especially the Popori homelands, which make Thomas Kinkade, Painter of Light look like a guy with a broken brown grease pencil.) Tera is really both wrapped into one, depending on zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7qZVnwFEX8

I gave this one a whirl but just cancelled earlier today, with 2 weeks left to go on my free month.

I have to say the quests are very well done -- most have a lot more to do than just go kill things, that's just one part of it.

I just can't take regular questing anymore. It feels hollow after 15+ MMORPGs over the years, no matter how well done.

The genre needs to move on, with dynamic, changeable worlds, or something. These things are on the horizon, so we shall see.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2014, 20:50.

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
22. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 14:30 KS

BobBob wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 13:26:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 12:19:
Ugh... when is the zombie craze going to end? When is the multiplayer survival pk fest going to end? You would think people would be sick of both by now.

Until NPC AI is equal to the intelligence, randomness and stupidity of human behavior, you'll most likely see more zombie games; or you'll see future generations act more like zombies. Whichever comes first.

The problem with AI is that, as long as MMORPGs use the tank/heal/DPS model, they will never progress.

From an AI point of view, a tank is like an island in the Pacific during WWII -- strategically, you can just ignore and sail around many of them. Their low DPS makes them useless.

...except for the artificial taunt power. Nobody goes after tanks first in PvP because it's stupid. So get rid of it in PvE, then AI can get to some real work.

Ya got no taunt, ya got no tank, then the 20+ year old model can finally move on, and you won't have excruciating, embarrassing, shameful designs like Star Wars MMOs where non-lightning Jedi must be tanks because they are melee end of story.

Let proper controller classes come up to flower and get rid of these asinine isles in the Pacific.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2014, 14:36.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Invasion Update
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Invasion Update Apr 9, 2014, 14:26 KS

I'll bet the one thing it doesn't have is an actual live invasion, far and away the most exciting thing for an MMORPG, vastly exceeding even PvP warzones, and something I've seen once in UO, once in EQ, and several times in the sad shutdown events of several.

Morpheii! Morpheii everywhere!

365 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo