Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2014, 12:50 KS

I loved Duke Nukem 3D.

I hope they make a sequel some day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SOE's SWG Comment Clarified
4. Re: SOE's SWG Comment Clarified Jan 28, 2014, 12:25 KS

Swg was like City of Heroes -- jammed to the gills with innovative stuff (whether they were technically first or not).

I especially liked the way you could chain and program and play back entire dance performances. Cooler still, you could have several people driven by the same script, all dancing in perfect synchronization. This worked for instruments, too, IIRC, but there was no general note playing (which would have been cooler still but they were probably scared of copyrighted songs).

Entire player towns, with more than just houses, and elected mayors.

"Oh no, kreetles!"

Pretty good character customizer with lots of sliders, esp. face.

To do better: Make speeder travel a lot faster. These huge worlds are not your daddy's MMO anymore.

Maybe true 3D travel depending on milleu. That this isn't standard outside fantasy is so 1997.

News Comments > Valve Beta Streaming Impressions
16. Re: Valve Beta Streaming Impressions Jan 27, 2014, 13:25 KS

Loose Cannon wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 11:27:
I'm in the streaming beta. My gaming rig is in the basement (or the dungeon as my wife likes to call it). She doesn't like the dungeon, but she recently played Broken Age on her laptop, streaming from my gaming rig (I realize that Broken Age isn't the most demanding game ever made).

Connected 1gps wired, it was flawless, as if running locally. Connected wireless it was a bit laggy.

I might actually do some gaming on the laptop, maybe.

That's fascinating. I know there was a failed cloud-based gaming service that rendered your 3D and piped video to you. This seems like a local version where you run the video card server.

I can see consumer-level configurations of a tower with multiple 3D cards in it serving a whole family, even if one card could handle more than one game at once.

News Comments > SOE Closing Four MMOGs
3. Re: SOE Closing Four MMOGs Jan 24, 2014, 19:27 KS

I bought Vanguard when it first came out -- it was a spiritual successor to EverQuest, and done by some of the same people. I fired up their necromancer class -- after all, from the limited customization in EQ of your skeleton (give it a weapon and armor which showed up) it was obvious to me they would expand on this primary fun mechanic.

Nope. A month later I was done with it.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast
37. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Jan 24, 2014, 11:27 KS

Veterator wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:41:
Voice acting in games is fun the first or second time you hear it, then after that it's either skipped or annoying.

Captain Picard: "Go get me a dragon horn and I will make you a sweet sword!"

"Ok, let's go kill this thing so the tank can upgrade his wiffle bat by 5%."

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
22. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 11:48 KS

The horse situation will let you know how cookie-cutter it will be. Will you have to wait until level 25 and have to save enough for a small business jet to buy a horse that lets you move barely 2x your molasses-like speed?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
23. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 22, 2014, 13:45 KS

InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 09:34:
Argh...Organizations. As in Corps from Eve?? So can we hang out in our hangers admire each others 'ships' and /emote like in WoW? Cos that would be cool. Much cooler than flying in space or anything...

That was exactly one of the things I wanted in Eve, so you could get a feel of the ship sizes. If you could walk up a gang plank and walk around, that would be great.

Star Trek Online jumped the shark on release by not having a ship you could walk around (to say nothing of warp speed being nothing like it in the show).

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 TM Lapses
5. Re: Star Wars 1313 TM Lapses Jan 17, 2014, 15:37 KS

DangerDog wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 14:35:
Fett movie confirmed, they'll most likely have a game tie-in for it.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1083877/boba-fett-movie-star-wars-spinoff/

I still think their E3 presentation was just a PC rendered demo tweaked to the max for eye candy, much like Gearbox did for their Aliens game.

Boba? Bobno. Bobomgwtfmovieseerisly?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 15, 2014, 16:12 KS

Error 403 Forbidden on the link  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 8, 2014, 13:46 KS

More likely cue lawsuits over mis-recognitions in 3...2...1.  

News Comments > SOE Going Forward With Unified Subscriptions
7. Re: SOE Going Forward With Unified Subscriptions Jan 7, 2014, 16:05 KS

Can you buy City of Heroes pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M
23. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 13:19 KS

Darks wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 12:12:
You gotta love how it takes a million dollars to get a new Star System made. What does it really take to make a star system? Placing planets and asteroids and scripting in some missions. That does not take a million dollars.

Also, the "aquatic" zone, an indicator they're running out of fresh ideas.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 7, 2014, 10:33 KS

"In honor of the wiffle-bat like nature of Jedi lightsabers, all drinks will be no more than 1 proof. And in honor of the ridiculously expensive scooters that barely double your run speed, will cost $600 each."  

9. Re: GMO Free Cheerios Jan 4, 2014, 15:55 KS

harlock wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 15:36:
PHJF wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 14:42:
Science-free food! Now with 300% more rot and insects!

i see you prefer your cancer with a side of mutation and a dash of poison

bon appetit!

Those statements are not backed up by science, but just suggestive innuendo. I will go out on a limb and bet you take lots of herbal supplements, the vast majority of which have been shown to do jack squat as well.

News Comments > SOE Premium Membership Changes
7. Re: SOE Premium Membership Changes Jan 4, 2014, 15:40 KS

Are there things that cost more than 2000? Basically, are they stopping people from saving virtual cash for several months to buy "really" good stuff, thus forcing them to pay for it?

Kind of a slap to P2P people.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 29, 2013, 17:52 KS

Not "Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot!"

Oh ye cruel, cruel world.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2013, 13:24 KS

A thousand times stronger, that would put you in Marvel brick territory.  

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained
19. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained Dec 19, 2013, 04:46 KS

Wan't "Cartman Gets An Anal Probe" (by aliens) their very first broadcast episode? It's as basic as SP gets.  

News Comments > QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History
31. Re: QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History Dec 19, 2013, 04:37 KS

OldTimber wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 03:40:
Old CTF player before transitioning to TF and all I can say to mark the anniversary was this. I fear no one but the one with a quad & black magic. Dam still remember that sound then just going oh shit.

I'll never forget the day where this guy on CTF had the 2x damage rune and the quad damage, which multiplied to 8x. He swatted me with the lightning gun but I had the red armor, and had just run over the 200 health cube. Just enough to barely survive a quick swipe. That was on the map with the two giant faces facing each other.

It's too bad the modern Quake thing never brought back these old maps, old skins and weapons, sounds, and the spike ball grappling hook. The leap pads-and-only-leap-pads stuff just jumped the shark into no soul territory.

We don't like you having to develop that kind of talent with rocket jump and grappling hook, no sirree! Get thee gone!

News Comments > DC Universe Online Luring Back Legendary Members
5. Re: DC Universe Online Luring Back Legendary Members Dec 19, 2013, 04:10 KS

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 02:14:
Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 20:42:
No, the biggest mistake was making it a console arcade game with shitty console UI. CoH found a goo balance. I never needed more than 2 hotbars and mainly used just the one anyway.

THIS. It's a beautiful game, plays well but designed for a controller.

Yet CoH didn't limit the number of button bars you could have. I had 7 or so on my main, the bulk of which had more esoteric powers, vanity pets, monthly subscriber bonus powers, temp powers, and the like.

DCUO forces you to pick what, 6 powers and one block or something? Because that's all a console controller can handle? WTF.

That they did massively wrong. What they did right was unlockiing additional looks, per slot, just by putting a new look item on one time. Also the Watchtower and Legion of Doom are spectacular.

It's just that console-style "action MMO" fighting that kills it -- limited powers and hold-heavy combat with SQUEEZE SQUEEZE SQUEEZE trigger/click button FAST FAST FAST that killed it for me.

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo