Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 495 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 11, 2015, 13:49 KS

It is betting on the outcomes of sporting events. That it does so in a complicated way does not change this.

Poker, too, involves skill other than determining direct odds, but still qualifies.

The only question is whether they have enough voting participants to strike fear into politicians. Is it a coincidence this happened right after an election?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
33. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 13:12 KS

If you are concerned about the survival of the human race, shouldn't you avoid going out and killing thousands? Just let the dictatorships and warlordism preserve survival for the genome?  

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
41. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 18:45 KS

Jamil20 wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 13:18:
I feel like I should give it another whirl before the end. I haven't played since a year after launch. I would like to see how it has changed since then. I wonder if my toon still exists. He would still be at level 60.

The most recent Draenor expansion is a ton of fun. Beyond the usual mission chains, you secure a fortress base for yourself, and then a small outpost in each different land.

If anything, there wasn't enough of that. I figured out how to trigger precisely one invasion of my fort.

This was the first time I resubscribed since Cataclysm, which I never finished, except for a couple of months here and there.

You get one instant 90 character, so you can start the expansion immediately. I used it to clone my 85, which I had pumped up from 70 (? Can't remember, resubbed briefly a few times) a few weeks earlier prior to the release.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2015, 16:23 KS

Bones: Candy Corn Edition would have been funnier.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal
20. Re: BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal Nov 2, 2015, 13:47 KS

Slashman wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:00:
I was really hoping this stretch goal would fail so they could concentrate on the single player aspects. Wasn't really looking for a PvP experience with this.

Thanks, me either. There's already a PvP-oriented Mechwarrior flop out there.

Where's the damned PvE game? "Going for PvP" means they've given up on investing time in PvE missions, easy to do once basic combat is established. Shove it out the door.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 30, 2015, 16:12 KS

Sounds like Eye in the Sky  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 15:07 KS

1. Red meat causes cancer.

2. Human DNA found in hot dogs.

Ergo your own body causes you cancer even if you do nothing.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 26, 2015, 16:26 KS

Advancements saw awesome games like StarCraft: Brood War and WarCraft III

I would submit the experimental changes to Warcraft III to be part of what is killing the genre.

Warcraft III bucked the trend, brought on by increasing computer power, of more and more units, and tried to shoehorn in not just hero units but also, and perhaps more terminally, "upkeep" to prevent you from having too many units at once.

It tried to turn the RTS into some kind of hero unit-lead, squad-based game. Perhaps that kind of thing lead to the popular MOBA genre, or was trying to ape it, but it sure wasn't an RTS anymore, but closer to some kind of twitchy action game.

Part of RTS strategy is "getting out ahead" of your opponent, especially the computer one, both in terms of number of units built and tech tree. That was always where the joy was to me, and then engaging in strategy.

WC III always had the feel designers didn't get that, and indeed saw that kind of play as a flaw in need of correction.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
46. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 25, 2015, 12:18 KS

From the most recent video on YouTube, it doesn't look like the planet is rotating as that giant space station is in orbit around it. It should be visibly moving, if very slowly.

1. Is it actually orbiting and you need to be there a few minutes to see it?

2. Even cooler, do the weather patterns in the gas giant slowly change over days?

News Comments > New Steam User Record
17. Re: New Steam User Record Oct 20, 2015, 17:19 KS

coolkev99 wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 18:50:
This can't be possible. PC gaming is dead.

I assume the weekend's total includes me logging in, looking for a demo, downloading it and playing it for 20 minutes they deciding as if I were Consuela.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Oct 20, 2015, 17:02 KS

Basic Commendations are now called Common Data Crystals.
Elite Commendations are now called Glowing Data Crystals.
Ultimate Commendations are now called Radiant Data Crystals.

Someone needs a smakkkkkkk...

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 15:08 KS

So Daisy does not have a lightsaber in this movie. Though they suggest one with her staff in parallel with, indeed overlapping, the bad guy's beam. She's way too cute for that to suggest she is the series' ultimate bad guy.  

News Comments > The Age of Decadence Begins
7. Re: The Age of Decadence Begins Oct 15, 2015, 18:31 KS

"Try before you buy", 1st chapter demo. Music to my ears.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
31. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 12:39 KS

> Gary Oldman

"Who's going to be disappointed in this game?"

"Everyone."

"What do you mean 'everyone'?"

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
30. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 12:36 KS

What is gameplay like?  

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
28. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 15:22 KS

It looked freaking fantastic. I was nonplussed over waves of wimpy stormtroopers. I liked the turret and would like more of that and fighting strategy between cover.

It had problems starting in full screen mode, but I never found out how to report a bug.

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Adds Multiplayer
5. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Adds Multiplayer Oct 9, 2015, 13:40 KS

jimnms wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 10:25:
I remember they announced it a long time ago, but I thought they had abandoned it.

Thank you. I was unaware it had even been released. I was looking forward to a more Thief sneaking feel than brutal FPS, so was watching for it.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
29. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 9, 2015, 01:19 KS

Ok, the turret you can place is cool; otherwise I am supposed to weave back and forth while shooting unending hordes of 2-shot stormtroopers.

I felt motion queasy within 15 minutes. It is gorgeous but I wish it had better frame rate to deal with that.

I can't figure out how to report a bug, which is why there is a beta test after all, right? Not as advertising?

A Google search suggests a Reddit thread to report the bugs on. If it is supposed to be a link back to a Star Wars thread somewhere, I can't figure out how to get there, which is why I hate Reddit.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2015, 17:51 KS

JayDeath wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 11:06:
Daniel Craig is the worst Bond yet. It's an interesting character that he plays but it's not James Bond.

Like Star Trek, it is now an action movie. Trek was thoughtful with some action but is 100% action now. Bond was intrigue with occasional fights. Fight fight fight now!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 5, 2015, 17:10 KS

"It's not a 'cap' because we don't cut you off. We just automatically increase the rate for additional data. So it's really more of a 'wallet money exfiltration procedure' than a 'cap' ."  

495 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo