Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 412 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2015, 17:31 KS

i wonder how much of this will be creating quasi-sealed or "safe" communities where dissent is "banned".  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2015, 07:29 KS

mag wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 09:36:
Redmask wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 04:19:
Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 19:42:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 14:42:
Walmart

Hooray for small changes?

Instead, the company is bringing back Radio Walmart after 9 years, meaning an actual DJ will keep things fresh, rather than playing the same handful of CDs over and over as many stores did, driving countless associates (and customers, too, probably) batty. Even better, individual stores will have more control over their thermostats rather than having headquarters decide.

Foran also talked about a new push he called the 10-feet rule. Associates must greet customers and make eye contact when they are within 10 feet as a way to lift sales.

Yeah, because that's not annoying at all. I *hate* the retail experience simple because of this mindset. Everytime I walk in, or even by a place, you hear 'Hi how are you? - like you really care - 'Is there anything I can help you with/If you need anything let me know.' Gee? Really? Thanks I never would have figured that out on my own, I thought you were part of the display. Just leave me alone, you'll know if I'm seeking you out because you'll hear, 'Excuse me...'

Most people actually desire human contact, there's a reason those questions are asked. You are an extreme outlier of society who wants to live in a cucumber flat or whatever, accept that its not aimed at you.

The only reason those questions are asked is that it's been demonstrated that it reduces shoplifting.

That is interesting, but not half as interesting as what the hell is a cucumber flat? Some lonely rabbit hermit living in a vegetable in a nursery rhyme?

News Comments > Skyforge Video
6. Re: Skyforge Video Jun 5, 2015, 20:05 KS

Is this actual gameplay? If so, the most amazing thing was using a power to prevent the crab from pinching him between two claws. That's a big step up from normal combat animations where there is little if any actual interaction between the animated parties.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 3, 2015, 13:47 KS

That really wasn't much of a study. More of a survey combined with opinions. Just how did these guys 'determine' that the three contributors to motion sickness they looked at are exacerbated by self-driving cars?

I never got sick in the car in decades of riding around, though I know of the occasional incident here and there. "Very, very rare" might be a better term. "Rarer than a useful purple drop in a normal mission" rare.

News Comments > Steam Expands Refund Policy
12. Re: Steam Expands Refund Policy Jun 2, 2015, 15:23 KS

Maybe you played it for about an hour and didn't like it

I wonder how flexible this is. I have 6-8 hours played on The Elder Scrolls on release, and another giant 4x game, from before that.

News Comments > Blade & Soul Coming West This Winter
7. Re: Blade & Soul Coming West This Winter May 20, 2015, 17:26 KS

Desalus wrote on May 20, 2015, 15:47:
If it's taking them more than three years to localize this, NCSoft must already be anticipating that it will not generate that much revenue for them.

The website's main 'selling points' for the game are extremely laughable:
"Become a Powerful Fighter!
Glide, sprint and jump across a visually stunning & unique world!
Avenge the Fallen.
Master the Art of War!"

So there's almost nothing to differentiate this from the mountain of other MMORPGs that have been released to date. Why should anyone be excited about this?

Gee, I can do about 1/10th as much as I could in their killed-off City of Heroes. With (awfuller) sound effects.

News Comments > Valve TMs Chaperone
4. Re: Valve TMs Chaperone May 20, 2015, 17:22 KS

Valve, don't forget the morphine drip so I can completely check out of any sensations in the real world.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 20, 2015, 16:04 KS

NewMaxx wrote on May 20, 2015, 01:36:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on May 19, 2015, 14:11:
North Carolina is suing the federal government for interfering with the state's right to interfere with the local municipalities' rights ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullification_Crisis

This is a lot more than just that, ignoring that these are unelected regulators and not elected Congressmen.

Localities are legal creations of their respective states. Here you have the federal government inserting itself into that definition, to grant localities powrs the state wishes to deny them. I predict a big noooooooo from the Supreme Court.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches May 20, 2015, 15:28 KS

DC Universe Online AND MechWarrior Online in one post!

How hard my pee pee would have been 10 years ago.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
3. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 14, 2015, 19:28 KS

launch cinematic has arrived!

Please stop letting programmers write your press releases.

News Comments > EverQuest Emulator Legal
10. Re: EverQuest Emulator Legal May 5, 2015, 15:31 KS

The three biggest joys I've had in MMOs, going back past EQ and Ultima Online to text MMOs were, in order:

1. Live invasions, seen only twice, once in UO and once in EQ (opening of dark elfs or something) where monsters overrun zones. "To hell with your levelling and travel plans."

Awesome. Most people are losers who don't like that. Screw them, base fools all.

2. Grouping with people to do a new mission or zone nobody's done before. Done this precisely once, in Dungeons & Dragons Online.

5 people, "What do we do?". "I don't know.". "I thought you know. NOBODY KNOWS???"

Had a blast for a couple of hours figuring out the puzzles, stumbling into monsters, etc.

3. Grouping to take out singleton yard trash, ala early EQ.

The problem is making grouping easy, intuitive, ***and natural to the flow of the game. ***

People group because they have a tough time finding easy groups (sadly, City of Heroes, fairly solo-friendly, got this almost perfect, so people grouped easily even though they didn't "need to". RIP

MMOs are terrible single-player games.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 20, 2015, 18:18 KS

Making a single-player game starring a Jedi is difficult enough -- it's like finding a challenge for Superman...besides other supermen.

But an MMO with "balanced classes", forget it.

In almost all, there is no such thing as a powerful melee, they are relegated to tanks with wiffle bats (a light saber? Yeesh.) plus some sneaky thief-like thing with a backstab, whose dps is almost as pathetic.

No, these are standard melee classes with cool looks and awesome sounds. That is all. They are not Jedi.

See, if they were remotely as powerful as a City of Heroes scrapper, out-dpsing blasters on single targets, life would be better.

And what's with armor, as if that isn't a dead giveaway? The saber blocks all, not armor.

It's a wrapper around standard MMO design. And we all know which one, right down to pathetic, expensive mount speed and tripartite skill trees.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2015, 13:35 KS

I like John C. Wright's Count to a Trillion series, one of the most literally fantastic and truly epic stories I've ever read.

It doesn't seem particularly right-wing, other than that the main, sort of Heinleinian protagonist has literally a duel with each antagonist down the millenia. And he loves his girl, man.

What if the message in Contact was a hell of a lot more complex, like the Blight's quantum data store at the beginning of A Fire Upon the Deep, by Vinge, layer after embedded layer, with vague instructions on how to amp one's own intelligence, so further layers could be understood.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 7, 2015, 11:06 KS

Fletch wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 10:37:
There are only THREE Star Wars movies, and I wouldn't exactly call that a marathon.

You luvs ya some Natalie, don'tcha?

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
36. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 13:03 KS

> those of you who may remember your parents talking about Half Life

Eat.

My.

Bowls.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 13, 2015, 12:10 KS

Sony won't, not can't, refund the guy. The CC company will happily yank the fraudulent charges back out of Sony's account with them, but they will ban him.

I'm surprised their agreement with the CC company allows reprisals. Something like "It is your responsibility to work with us to prevent fraud, and if it is your error, you will cover the loss."

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
55. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 13:10 KS

Flatline wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 12:42:
There is no way that the client is only going to be 100 gigs. It's like 30-40 gigs right now and only has like 5% max of the art assets of the final game.

I predict a minimum of 250 gigs when all is said and done, with my outlier prediction being half a TB.

Incidentally, 30 gig patches with any regularity will basically mean that anyone with data caps on their internet connection in the world are fucked.

I can't imagine why patches will be so huge once the game gets going and they are no longer downloading huge chunks of game.

If so, it sound like they have a stupid patch creation program that is not cognizant of files inside other compressed files.

I wonder how much is patching tech that is patented getting in the way.

News Comments > WoW Patch Next Week
20. Re: WoW Patch Next Week Feb 18, 2015, 17:18 KS

I have outposts with 3/7 quests completed and don't know how to proceed. Visit one of the 3 lowbie lone ! on the map I guess. Some outpost regions have none.

- I have a follower as a garrison power in one region, the one you assign to L3 barracks. I read you could summon him anywhere in Draenor as a temp vendor. Have no idea how to.

- Apparently have to grind out eight trillion orders to unlock L3 of various garrison upgrades. I hate doing any.

- Have had one invasion so far, not counting mine unlock.

- Exceptional purple drop chest for Ashran win has never contained a purple, only the blues you can buy for freaking honor points.

- Purple conquest upgrading is slowed to a crawl now

- The only new mount I have since wod is I ground out the sky serpent from pandaland.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 5, 2015, 12:15 KS

Nintendo should clarify: Do not post anything we do not have the intellectual property rights over, or, if we do, that we have leased away rights over, as we are deep pockets and a target for lawsuits over profiting on stuff that does not belong to us, and our admitted "profit sharing" trumpets we are after the profits from this channel.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 5, 2015, 11:59 KS

From Nebula Online's FAQ: What is your business model?

"We're buy-to-play! No subscription fees, no cash shop, no nuthin' ! Just buy and play on our servers for ever and ever and ever!"

Ummmm, that's a business failure model. Where cometh the money to run the servers a few years down the road?

Expansion packs? So one giant item in a cash shop once in awhile then?

412 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo