Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 495 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2015, 18:51 KS

Jamil20 wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 10:54:
A doctor's time is apparently more important than yours. They overload their schedules, so you end up waiting 30 minutes in the big waiting room, then another 30 minutes in the small waiting room. They keep all the waiting rooms stacked, so they can see as many patients in an hour to make that fat dough.

God forbid you're late to an appointment though, they'll charge you for wasting the doctor's time.

Well, with very few exceptions, a doctor's time is more important than yours.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2015, 13:34 KS

Quake III Arena started the downfall of PvP-only releases of big games  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 2, 2015, 13:18 KS

"Hackers hit Greek banks"

Masked gunman steps up to the teller. "Give me all of Germany's money!"

Oops, sorry, thought this was slashdot.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2015, 18:52 KS

Flatline wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 14:45:
KS wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 14:36:
The mistake was turning Khan from a charismatic leader to an autistic serial killer assassin.

Well, after the much bigger mistake of using him at all. Lens flares and shiny flashey things for the younger generation, and nostalgia romps for aging Trek fans in their prime earning years.

Yeah the problem was "going there" to begin with. It basically reads like bad fanfic, and ignores that at this point in time it's Space Seed that you should be paying homage to, not 20-years-later Wrath of Khan.

Then the writer of the script basically totally lost what TWOK was about, then decided to basically break the 4th wall by building up Khan's big "reveal", which obviously means nothing to Kirk because they haven't met yet.

Also, the idea that Khan's blood is somehow a super cure-all that even basically cures death sort of changes the entire Star Trek universe right? I mean, a scalpel to damage his spinal column and then you hook him onto life support and drain that motherf*cker and use his blood to cure billions. Even the vulcans would be all "the needs of the many etc..."

It was just... a painful movie all over.

Well, that I cannot remember that ending I guess says a lot as to the quality of moviemaking. Meanwhile I know Guardians of the Galaxy by heart because I saw it 6 times.

All I remember of Trek II was Hannibal Lecter behind his glass prison, and the unfettered, unbridled stupidity of "We made a evil Enterprise two times as big, wif batman armor, we did!!!1!111".

To some writer's credit, Kirk did make a joke about feeling duped by Khan as they ran with him somewhere. At least someone realized the personality change.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2015, 19:05.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2015, 14:36 KS

The mistake was turning Khan from a charismatic leader to an autistic serial killer assassin.

Well, after the much bigger mistake of using him at all. Lens flares and shiny flashey things for the younger generation, and nostalgia romps for aging Trek fans in their prime earning years.

Awww, maaaannnnnn. V-ger's still on the way, and the whales. Spock should go back in time and get lots of whales to deal with the latter. Better yet, don't be afraid to screw with the timeline as clearly one where Vulcan is destroyed is one of the nightmare wrong ones that must be reversed.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
30. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Dec 1, 2015, 08:51 KS

"Wait! Stop! Stop!"

"What?"

"Why are we fighting when we could be using robots? And our armor is so terrible it just takes 2 shots whizzing by us four feet away to kill us!"

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2015, 15:58 KS

Waching Luke hold his own, for a while anyway, in Empire was awesome. Watching him upset, in the literal definition, Vader in Return, such that he falls on his can down the steps, was beyond awesome.

The power of the fight comes from their near godlike warrior status, where the blade cuts anything and no bullet can touch them, and not wire fu and windmilling fury.

Understated action, go for it

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2015, 16:10.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 30, 2015, 15:07 KS

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2015, 15:45.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
6. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 28, 2015, 18:03 KS

"Then a pirate ship appears and blows the rescue ship away!"

That's not really what pirates do. That's what griefers, and 40 year old AI do.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 23, 2015, 11:56 KS

Plus they're doing away with metal bikinis to satisfy women! What could possibly go wrong?  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 21, 2015, 21:22 KS

Netflix Plans "Lost in Space" TV Series Remake. Because?

Because people who grew up with that are in their prime earning years, desired by advertisers, and are hungry for nostalgia.

There's a freaking Electra Woman and Dyna Girl web series.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 19, 2015, 13:47 KS

• Saxxy

• Deadmau5

• Chvrches

• Unikrn

• Kul Splung, homs

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2015, 14:04.

News Comments > Blade & Soul in January
    1. Re: Blade & Soul in January Nov 19, 2015, 13:44 KS

I want my real flying and real customization back, please.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
    28. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 12:59 KS

Tumbler wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 12:31:
    I will say that what they've built in the time frame they had is amazing. EA announced this at E3 2014 and I don't think they got the rights to it very much sooner. It could have been in the works sooner than when they announced it but at best I don't see how they could have had more than a year and a half to make this.

The game is the best you could hope to get in that short a time frame.

It's still not worth $60 but that is only because the market is way to competitive to allow it. With games like Destiny getting "rereleased" this year again, fallout 4, assassin's creed, call of duty, etc all coming out those $60 are fiercely contested and this game doesn't stand up to other games at the same price point.

It will be very interesting to see how long the $60 price point holds. There is enough excitement around the new movie that this game could sell like gang busters between now and the new movies release and even a bit after.

I'll bet EA is going to hold that price high in hopes that fans of the movie will come pouring in as we get closer to release.

Getting it out the door before the movie is 2,400% the driving factor. If they were short on time, someone goofed. This is the biggest game company securing the rights to the biggest franchise property. No room for amature management.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
    27. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 12:53 KS

jomisab wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 09:29:
    Fantastic graphics. Too bad it's multiplayer...ugh. How about a reboot of Knights of the Old Republic using this engine?

Ya I did the open beta buy me ad. The graphics are indeed gorgeous.

I just didn't like the popcorn nature of the NPC stormtroopers. Weave back and forth while spraying in their general direction and they die.

I dunno, button mashing feels tired and leaves me cold these past few years. I see a placeable turret and want a dozen to put in high areas and sit back and watch, but I only get one off a drop ship.

News Comments > WoW 11th Anniversary
    8. Re: WoW 11th Anniversary Nov 17, 2015, 09:07 KS

nin wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 20:49:
    HoSpanky wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 20:44:
    Not one of the goodies is permanent, which is disappointing. Especially when last year's had a rebuilt raid, a mount and a pet.

Yeah, the stuff I had this morning, everything had charges. Don't want folks having too much fun, right????

What rustles my murloc outfit is why are things like fireworks so lame? Why not massive shows?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
    2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 12, 2015, 16:04 KS

Ironic given Mac people have to wait up to a year for even the most popular PC games to be ported.

Well, used to. Now both wait for console games to be ported.

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Bot Maker
    23. Re: Blizzard Sues Bot Maker Nov 12, 2015, 13:39 KS

Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 12:52:
    AngelicPenguin wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 12:14:
    You don't think there is a monetary interest in keeping their games bot free? I know lots of folks who are frustrated with botting in Diablo, so I wouldn't be surprised if many of them didn't buy the expansion because of it. I don't play WoW or HoTS, but I'd imagine it would be similar.

Now that there's no auction house, how does botting in Diablo affect anyone? (Assuming we're talking about D3.)

Even free games generally have paid cosmetics. Same deal, if you lose customers, you lose out there too.

Eh, I guess I can sort of see that. For them to claim it's ten million bucks worth of damages is ridiculous though. How many F2P users do you need to get even a million bucks worth of cosmetic stuff?

I'm surprised anyone would have an issue with Blizzard suing a bot maker.

They can sue whoever they want, I don't care. I just find the spurious claims that it cost them "millions or tens of millions of dollars in revenue" to be ridiculous.

Well, every time a 14 year old or a 37 year old is seduced by a botmaker, their account is cancelled, which mens loss of the WoW monthly, at a minimum. They may be able to sue the botmaker for attemting to interfere with their license agreement which may count as a contract.

Yes it is partly the player's fault, but you can't offer rewards for queering someone else's contract either. I am not saying they would, or shoud win, but there are legal paths open.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2015, 13:48.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
    11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 11, 2015, 17:23 KS

I still find the mouse much easier to use than a touch screen. If someone can come up with something clever you can use on a sofa or bed or standing around, there's a huge market!  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2015, 15:07 KS

And here's to the memory of my great-uncle Bob, who was a combat soldier in World War II, and actually participated in the Battle of the Bulge, though I don't know any more details about his service.

And here's to my great uncle Rudy, in exactly the same boat. He participated in the Battle of the Bulge. He also had a silver star, among other medals. I don't know what for.

495 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 2.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo