Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 421 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Trial
25. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Trial Jul 16, 2015, 15:52 KS

After the gameplay changes in DA2, I refused to buy this without a free demo. Now we shall see.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
40. Re: Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem Jul 16, 2015, 07:59 KS

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 12:17:
Just bury this stupid property already.

No shit. At least two people here think the problem is quality of porting from X-Box, the natural and proper platform and controller to design it for.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 07:49 KS

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 20:48:
Yeah, a lot of these rabid fans don't understand the difference between want and need. Tell them they have to pay for it and watch how fast support dries up. Everyone wants, no one wants to pay.

The owner says to the city, "Pay for it or I will go to a city that will."

Woe be to the politician who lets a major sports team get away. That hurts a lot more, vote-wise, than adding $250 million to a strained budget.

Remember, the budget is only strained because factions whine about cuts. All factions' political leaders kneel to the god of the pro sports team leaving. So room is made for that, no sweat at all, unlike much smaller cuts where politicians trot out the sob stories.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patched
40. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Jul 8, 2015, 00:03 KS

edaciousx wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 12:11:
one of the big disappointments is that they said there's a good chance for single player missions and there has been no talk about that at all... at least from what i've heard. I want the single player experience, not the multiplayer.

This was the most disappointed I felt at a game that turned out to be PvP only since Demigod.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patched
4. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Jul 7, 2015, 10:25 KS

This isn't really an MMO. There is no world, only missions (and only arena-style pvp at that) and not even limited common areas, something GW, DDO, and other instance-based mission-oriented MMOs have.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2015, 18:00 KS

InBlack wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 09:57:
"Chris Roberts turned up in a video recording to remind people that Star Citizen had made an awful lot of money"

That line...simply...Pure Gold!

Especially when you realize Star Citizen hasn't made any money, yet, technically. It remains to be seen how much goes for ongoing operations and how much is claimed as profit after release.

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
15. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 15, 2015, 08:45 KS

I want a Walking Dead 3D VR simulation, but only of a 3-way with Maggie and her sister Emily Kinney.

Oops, sorry, thought this was Slashdot.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
25. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 08:02 KS

Jerykk wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 02:45:
Executions seem pretty gimmicky and they really should have played this with M/KB so that they wouldn't need to pop up the weapon wheel every 5 seconds. Weapons also felt strangely unsatisfying.

I recall the first unreal game giving you a gatling gun of crystal shards. It felt wimpy because it was wimpy, and it sounded wimpy.

I am sure damage of weapons is set at precisely 2.1 rockets needed per monster, so you must fire 3. Sigh.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
54. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 14:16 KS

The Rift will work natively with Windows 10 to make it easy to set up, jump in, and have an incredible VR gaming experience

The only reason it won't work natively with Windows 7+ is if Microsoft decides not, to try to force people onto 10. Same with DX12.

Hopefully Occulus will deal with it if Microsoft won't.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2015, 17:31 KS

i wonder how much of this will be creating quasi-sealed or "safe" communities where dissent is "banned".  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2015, 07:29 KS

mag wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 09:36:
Redmask wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 04:19:
Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 19:42:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 14:42:
Walmart

Hooray for small changes?

Instead, the company is bringing back Radio Walmart after 9 years, meaning an actual DJ will keep things fresh, rather than playing the same handful of CDs over and over as many stores did, driving countless associates (and customers, too, probably) batty. Even better, individual stores will have more control over their thermostats rather than having headquarters decide.

Foran also talked about a new push he called the 10-feet rule. Associates must greet customers and make eye contact when they are within 10 feet as a way to lift sales.

Yeah, because that's not annoying at all. I *hate* the retail experience simple because of this mindset. Everytime I walk in, or even by a place, you hear 'Hi how are you? - like you really care - 'Is there anything I can help you with/If you need anything let me know.' Gee? Really? Thanks I never would have figured that out on my own, I thought you were part of the display. Just leave me alone, you'll know if I'm seeking you out because you'll hear, 'Excuse me...'

Most people actually desire human contact, there's a reason those questions are asked. You are an extreme outlier of society who wants to live in a cucumber flat or whatever, accept that its not aimed at you.

The only reason those questions are asked is that it's been demonstrated that it reduces shoplifting.

That is interesting, but not half as interesting as what the hell is a cucumber flat? Some lonely rabbit hermit living in a vegetable in a nursery rhyme?

News Comments > Skyforge Video
6. Re: Skyforge Video Jun 5, 2015, 20:05 KS

Is this actual gameplay? If so, the most amazing thing was using a power to prevent the crab from pinching him between two claws. That's a big step up from normal combat animations where there is little if any actual interaction between the animated parties.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 3, 2015, 13:47 KS

That really wasn't much of a study. More of a survey combined with opinions. Just how did these guys 'determine' that the three contributors to motion sickness they looked at are exacerbated by self-driving cars?

I never got sick in the car in decades of riding around, though I know of the occasional incident here and there. "Very, very rare" might be a better term. "Rarer than a useful purple drop in a normal mission" rare.

News Comments > Steam Expands Refund Policy
12. Re: Steam Expands Refund Policy Jun 2, 2015, 15:23 KS

Maybe you played it for about an hour and didn't like it

I wonder how flexible this is. I have 6-8 hours played on The Elder Scrolls on release, and another giant 4x game, from before that.

News Comments > Blade & Soul Coming West This Winter
7. Re: Blade & Soul Coming West This Winter May 20, 2015, 17:26 KS

Desalus wrote on May 20, 2015, 15:47:
If it's taking them more than three years to localize this, NCSoft must already be anticipating that it will not generate that much revenue for them.

The website's main 'selling points' for the game are extremely laughable:
"Become a Powerful Fighter!
Glide, sprint and jump across a visually stunning & unique world!
Avenge the Fallen.
Master the Art of War!"

So there's almost nothing to differentiate this from the mountain of other MMORPGs that have been released to date. Why should anyone be excited about this?

Gee, I can do about 1/10th as much as I could in their killed-off City of Heroes. With (awfuller) sound effects.

News Comments > Valve TMs Chaperone
4. Re: Valve TMs Chaperone May 20, 2015, 17:22 KS

Valve, don't forget the morphine drip so I can completely check out of any sensations in the real world.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 20, 2015, 16:04 KS

NewMaxx wrote on May 20, 2015, 01:36:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on May 19, 2015, 14:11:
North Carolina is suing the federal government for interfering with the state's right to interfere with the local municipalities' rights ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullification_Crisis

This is a lot more than just that, ignoring that these are unelected regulators and not elected Congressmen.

Localities are legal creations of their respective states. Here you have the federal government inserting itself into that definition, to grant localities powrs the state wishes to deny them. I predict a big noooooooo from the Supreme Court.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches May 20, 2015, 15:28 KS

DC Universe Online AND MechWarrior Online in one post!

How hard my pee pee would have been 10 years ago.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
3. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 14, 2015, 19:28 KS

launch cinematic has arrived!

Please stop letting programmers write your press releases.

News Comments > EverQuest Emulator Legal
10. Re: EverQuest Emulator Legal May 5, 2015, 15:31 KS

The three biggest joys I've had in MMOs, going back past EQ and Ultima Online to text MMOs were, in order:

1. Live invasions, seen only twice, once in UO and once in EQ (opening of dark elfs or something) where monsters overrun zones. "To hell with your levelling and travel plans."

Awesome. Most people are losers who don't like that. Screw them, base fools all.

2. Grouping with people to do a new mission or zone nobody's done before. Done this precisely once, in Dungeons & Dragons Online.

5 people, "What do we do?". "I don't know.". "I thought you know. NOBODY KNOWS???"

Had a blast for a couple of hours figuring out the puzzles, stumbling into monsters, etc.

3. Grouping to take out singleton yard trash, ala early EQ.

The problem is making grouping easy, intuitive, ***and natural to the flow of the game. ***

People group because they have a tough time finding easy groups (sadly, City of Heroes, fairly solo-friendly, got this almost perfect, so people grouped easily even though they didn't "need to". RIP

MMOs are terrible single-player games.

421 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo