Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > 3D Realms Acquisition Details
5. Re: 3D Realms Acquisition Details Mar 3, 2014, 10:51 KS

Bluesnews.com, there's an ad today that's popping up a Playstation ad overlay that has no close box, or at least a well-hidden one I cannot find.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Minecraft Movie Plans
12. Re: Minecraft Movie Plans Feb 28, 2014, 11:49 KS

Nothing like telling a bunch of guys you're hoping to strike a multimillion dollar deal with that working with them might be "jumping the shark".  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 25, 2014, 19:23 KS

> "Class warfare" angle instead of the original series' order/chaos

I wonder how Robin Hoody-ee he's gonna be.

News Comments > Steam Video Capture Utility
6. Re: Steam Video Capture Utility Feb 24, 2014, 18:25 KS

I would have loved to have used it while flying around my City of Heroes base before it shut down. I tried with a different utility but waited to the last day and couldn't get it working right.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2014, 13:23 KS

Yey Heroes is back!  

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
15. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 12:36 KS

though aFacebook page outs this as "an isometric

And I'm outta here. G'nite, folks!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video
25. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 15:42 KS

Correction, the joyness of grouping is what they should be concerned with. Then the XP just falls out naturally.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video
24. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 15:20 KS

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:03:
Other than it being a fairly standard MMO.

The biggest issue (and most SP Blue's posters won't know this) is when grouping. Running missions in a group imo is a nightmare, even if you play tightly as a group all the time. When you aren't in total synch and you cannot just tell the system you want to be in synch. You then can be in different phases, you will be invisible to other players (you see their marker but not their person), you cannot share with them to have them join you etc. I haven't played an online game this restrictive and really for me is going to be the showstopper above all others.

The game should make it that whoever is leader, you are always in their phase, if you done the part before or haven't, you should still be in their phase instance able to assist, no completion credit, but be able to assist. Just weird.

Tera Online completely borked the questing system -- run-of-the-mill quests, about 90% were not sharable because they were all part of long chains which you must do the previous ones.

So you go into a new area, unless someone else is bramd new there, ypu can't group because they're already up the chain.

I wish companies would stop this. Who the hell cares if you start mid-chain? The damned rewards aren't any kind of great thing that must be forbidden to someone who missed the previous quests.

The XP rate is what the game developers should be concerned with, not that someone might "abuse" a blue-reward endquest by skipping the 8 previous requests in the chain. They still need XP somehow anyway.

These are the very first letter in MMORPG -- making grouping easy. A group finder utility is useless if it's hard to share quests.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2014, 11:07 KS

Pigeon wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 09:36:
The debate is really about who pays for and who profits from the increasingly elaborate infrastructure required to make the internet do something it was never designed to do in the first place: stream high-speed video.

The consumer pays for it and the broadband and content providers profit from it. There that was easy. I also assume the content providers are paying for some sort of connection/hosting as well. It sounds like broadband companies want an ever increasing revenue without having to invest in infrastructure, and who wouldn't, but that's just not a possibility.

This. My connection is between and my ISP. If they are not charging enough, charge me more. Do not threaten both me and Netflix to try to extort some of the money I pay to Netflix, which is between me and Netflix.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 12, 2014, 10:38 KS

I'vr been drooling for a sandbox game since the original design for the flop Horizons, which, IIRC, included full 3D travel, air, underwater, **and underground** via tu.neling -- you could hog out your own tunnels and rescape land.

Also, City of Heroes was on to something with both their superbase construction kit and their mission generator, where you could design missions and all the little bad guys in them.

Star Wars Galaxies was most of the way there, with player cities, but lacked content generation, so died the same death. Eve generates content by player-controlled (and warrable-over) systems by the thousands.

It's shocking something like SW:The Old Republic took the cheap way out of shoving animations around a landscape, nothing more.

News Comments > Thief Trailer
26. Re: Thief Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 17:18 KS

Why would they make him a "good thief"? For the same reason Dungeons and Dragons renamed the Thief class the Rogue class -- to avoid accusations they're teaching your kids to be thieves (or, Heaven forbid, an assassin.)  

News Comments > Thief Trailer
13. Re: Thief Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 15:02 KS

An anti-hero isn't a villain. They end up being a hero despite lacking one or more heroic qualities. Wolverine, Rhett Butler, Han Solo (back when Han Shot First), these are "scoundrels" who end up being heroic despite a seedier, if not partly criminal nature.

This is really at the core of the argument about Han Shot First -- they were trying to convert him into a full, true hero via the idiotic fiction that Greedo shot first (and still that wouldn't rescue his status as his reaction was far too quick to have been a response).

Anyway, thieves-with-a-heart-o'-gold are tired. I liked expert mode for the more realistic idea a master thief could never fight toe-to-toe with a lame low guard.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 11, 2014, 14:11 KS

I thought my cable company was throttling Netflix -- after awhile my connection speed fell from 15 mbps, my paid-for rate, to about 1.5. The company swore they weren't (they're a little guy who tries harder) and it turns out the cable modem was going bad. They gave me a new one as a trade at their office, and it cleared right up.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2014, 13:52 KS

Fantaz wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 12:28:
Dong also confirmed that he has no plans to take legal action against any of the Flappy Bird clones that have flooded app stores since its removal.

that's surprising, because i could go easily develop a flappy bird clone app and rake in some easy ad revenue now. could even call it "flappy bird" because he doesn't care, and i might just go and do that...

He's probably under threat from mafia-like types with government connections. He has a hit, and they're raping it with impunity.

This is the exact reason you don't want communism -- the shits people fear in capitalism are the first people to seek power in a land where one group gets to dictate.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 10, 2014, 11:23 KS

Creston wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 11:18:
Task wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 09:45:
The original was just a one-shot title, back in the land before time, without micro-transactions.

They made two, actually.

And one expansion. Also, there already is a dungeon keeper kind of farmville thing, where stuff and mining and travel to raid takes awhile, on facebook, which I joined briefly just to play it...and farmville.

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Closed
12. Re: Titanfall Beta Closed Feb 6, 2014, 10:45 KS

Someone tell me -- if you run your mech up a hill, do the feet tilt flat against the ground, or is it still 1997?  

News Comments > Dark Age of Camelot Changes Hands
1. Re: Dark Age of Camelot Changes Hands Feb 5, 2014, 15:14 KS

Please buy City of Heroes!  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
29. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 11:46 KS

Task wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 11:02:
Creston wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 10:59:
"We want you to play as a thief, but we don't want to force you to play as a thief."

I just...

YOUR GAME IS FUCKING CALLED THIEF

It's like M-TV giving up on music and just being a reality drama suckfest.

Or when that company bought the rights to Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds show and gave up on puppetry and made it a Spy Kids live-action movie clone.

"Hey we spent a lotta money to purchase this IP -- lets hedge our bets and completely "re-imagineer-ificate" it. I do believe I have that term correct, right Johnson?"

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2014, 11:51.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
5. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 09:40 KS

Out soon on Playsyation 3 and 4?

How odd. Well, I hope they can handle the complex nuances of a PC game design ported to a platform unsuitable for it.

I assume the PC release is imminent, or sooner than "soon".

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2014, 11:04 KS

"Expelled for kelogging teachers" seems a bit rough. They were actually expelled for trying to break into school computers to change their grades.  

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo