Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 357 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M
23. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 13:19 KS

Darks wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 12:12:
You gotta love how it takes a million dollars to get a new Star System made. What does it really take to make a star system? Placing planets and asteroids and scripting in some missions. That does not take a million dollars.

Also, the "aquatic" zone, an indicator they're running out of fresh ideas.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 7, 2014, 10:33 KS

"In honor of the wiffle-bat like nature of Jedi lightsabers, all drinks will be no more than 1 proof. And in honor of the ridiculously expensive scooters that barely double your run speed, will cost $600 each."  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: GMO Free Cheerios Jan 4, 2014, 15:55 KS

harlock wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 15:36:
PHJF wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 14:42:
Science-free food! Now with 300% more rot and insects!

i see you prefer your cancer with a side of mutation and a dash of poison

bon appetit!

Those statements are not backed up by science, but just suggestive innuendo. I will go out on a limb and bet you take lots of herbal supplements, the vast majority of which have been shown to do jack squat as well.

News Comments > SOE Premium Membership Changes
7. Re: SOE Premium Membership Changes Jan 4, 2014, 15:40 KS

Are there things that cost more than 2000? Basically, are they stopping people from saving virtual cash for several months to buy "really" good stuff, thus forcing them to pay for it?

Kind of a slap to P2P people.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 29, 2013, 17:52 KS

Not "Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot!"

Oh ye cruel, cruel world.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2013, 13:24 KS

A thousand times stronger, that would put you in Marvel brick territory.  

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained
19. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained Dec 19, 2013, 04:46 KS

Wan't "Cartman Gets An Anal Probe" (by aliens) their very first broadcast episode? It's as basic as SP gets.  

News Comments > QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History
31. Re: QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History Dec 19, 2013, 04:37 KS

OldTimber wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 03:40:
Old CTF player before transitioning to TF and all I can say to mark the anniversary was this. I fear no one but the one with a quad & black magic. Dam still remember that sound then just going oh shit.

I'll never forget the day where this guy on CTF had the 2x damage rune and the quad damage, which multiplied to 8x. He swatted me with the lightning gun but I had the red armor, and had just run over the 200 health cube. Just enough to barely survive a quick swipe. That was on the map with the two giant faces facing each other.

It's too bad the modern Quake thing never brought back these old maps, old skins and weapons, sounds, and the spike ball grappling hook. The leap pads-and-only-leap-pads stuff just jumped the shark into no soul territory.

We don't like you having to develop that kind of talent with rocket jump and grappling hook, no sirree! Get thee gone!

News Comments > DC Universe Online Luring Back Legendary Members
5. Re: DC Universe Online Luring Back Legendary Members Dec 19, 2013, 04:10 KS

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 02:14:
Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 20:42:
No, the biggest mistake was making it a console arcade game with shitty console UI. CoH found a goo balance. I never needed more than 2 hotbars and mainly used just the one anyway.

THIS. It's a beautiful game, plays well but designed for a controller.

Yet CoH didn't limit the number of button bars you could have. I had 7 or so on my main, the bulk of which had more esoteric powers, vanity pets, monthly subscriber bonus powers, temp powers, and the like.

DCUO forces you to pick what, 6 powers and one block or something? Because that's all a console controller can handle? WTF.

That they did massively wrong. What they did right was unlockiing additional looks, per slot, just by putting a new look item on one time. Also the Watchtower and Legion of Doom are spectacular.

It's just that console-style "action MMO" fighting that kills it -- limited powers and hold-heavy combat with SQUEEZE SQUEEZE SQUEEZE trigger/click button FAST FAST FAST that killed it for me.

News Comments > QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History
26. Re: QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History Dec 18, 2013, 16:34 KS

Dagnamit wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:50:
nin wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:28:
UT99 - woot! Still the best.

I always preferred UT 2003. Was I the only one that thought quakeworld was kinda janky when it was first released? I actually preferred the original netcode for gameplay purposes. Of course, my 300+ ping might have had something to do with it.

Quake World added a lot of prediction to it, which flopped miserably, at least on dialup, with fast-twitch action.

I was in NBI, a regular clan that vied near the top, and finally quit after a Quake World match where I had rocket jumped from a lower to higher bridge over water (under heavy assault), the kind of stuff I loved. Sudden lag, and I found myself underwater running in the corner.

The predictor, combined with bursty twitch changes, just couldn't handle it. As it was almost all Quake World by that point, screw it.

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
26. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 14:49 KS

El Pit wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 13:43:
All we want is "Star Wars: Gungan Ambassador", a political strategy game where you play Jar Jar Abra... errr... Binks and do everything you can to turn chancellor Palpatine into emperor Palpatine. Meesa wanta thisa!

Hehe, I'd pay $50 for a game where the goal is to run around as Jar Jar, trying to inadvertantly be a butthole screwing things up.

Visions of the Star Trek 25th Anniversary game, with an unofficial side game of trying to figure out how to get the redshirts killed.

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Censored for Australia
9. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Censored for Australia Dec 17, 2013, 12:35 KS

Shut your (blanking) face, sheep (blankers)!
You're a (blank)-(blanking), (blank)-(blanking) sheep (blanker).

I assume that will get to, if not past, the armed men dictating what is permitted, by them, to be seen by the unwashed masses.

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
43. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 12:29 KS

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 10:57:
panbient wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 10:51:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 10:38:
not sure why you guys throw stones at them the first time they delay something.

Because the man in charge is notorious for promising the moon and taking forever to deliver.
Then don't support them, until they deliver something worthy for you.
I am looking forward to this game just as much as the next guy, but I don't understand this "I'd love to see this fail" mentality a lot of people have.
Sure Elite looks awesome and will be released sooner then SC obviously but that doesn't mean I want SC to fail.
The amount of detail they put into the ships and ship designs so far makes me hopeful that this will really be an epic game.
But it will take time

They have plenty of money, so no one else needs to support this, and you needen't take any risk.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 13, 2013, 15:31 KS

I just bought the Gog version of BG II. From this article, with this new version, you get an HR graphics pack and 4 new chars, the former of which already exists as a mod which works with the Gog version?  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2013, 14:10 KS

My biggest bummer is that link is a completely unusable disaster on my phone. Slow (7s) from press to action, suggesting massive generated-code inefficiency, next page doesn't work so I can only read the first one. Other articles don't work. And my last resort (past several reloads), the Full Site button, also doesn't work.

I guess I shouldn't be using a 2 year old phone with only 20 million of them out there.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
61. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 17:35 KS

BitWraith wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 16:01:
Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 15:52:
One thing EQ fans always loved about EQ 1/2 is that things were more realistic.

EQ1 had a very cartoony style at launch, before Luclin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sand_Giant_-_EverQuest_-_1999.jpg

The difference between old EQ and EQ Next in this complaint seems to be the difference between the Earthtone Coalition and the Forces of Bright, from the Neal Stephenson novel Reamde (note the spelling).

Old grey, steel, iron, brown dirt zones and characters vs. bright, rainbow-colored lands and characters and outfits.

Tera Online has both types of zones, the old school, and stuff that puts Oz to shame. Like if Oz had peanut butter, and crashed its car into Thomas Kinkaid, Painter of Light, with a chocolate bar. Not just colorful, but glowing berries and stuff like in Avatar floating around. The popori home city's lands are one of the 8 Wonders of the MMORPG World

Anyway, as a City of Heroes refugee, I look forward to a base builder system writ large.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2013, 14:00 KS

jdreyer wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 12:18:
Doom was a revelation. The first time I really felt immersed in a different world in gaming. On a related note, I'll never for get the first time I played Wolfenstein 3D, the first time I played a 3D shooter ever. The door opens, and a Nazi is standing right there, pistol in hand. And he shoots. I had the sound way up, and jumped out of my chair I was so shocked.

I had a friend who had a digital audio card, which was somewhat a novelty back then, and the Nazis would say something like "mein leiben" (? My life!), which apparently was widely misinterpreted as "My liver!". Beavis&Butt-head once made fun of it.

News Comments > The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion
26. Re: The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion Dec 4, 2013, 14:48 KS

Quit playing, logged in months later as free, saw most onscreen button bars missing such that I had to pay to restore them, put on my Leia slave outfit, danced around a bit, and logged back out again.

Wuat goes on i dont even

IIRC, rather than boost unpopular classes, they were following the EverQuest management model of kicking paying customers in the balls by nerfing whatever the popular classes were, repeat ad nauseum until all paying customers hate them.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2013, 14:55.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 13:47 KS

Verno wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 10:18:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 09:50:
Valve, a profit driven crypto-fascist syndicate

Errr ooooooook

Fascism is strong government control with nominal private ownership and a strong nationalist streak.

Not sure how that applies to Valve, crypto or otherwise.

News Comments > On Sale
30. Re: On Sale Dec 3, 2013, 11:34 KS

Well, it took long enough, but Total Annihilation is finally on Gog, too. With Sacrifice and Dungeon Keeper, they now have the three greatest RTS of all time. Got TA over the weekend, been going nuts on all three for weeks.  

357 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo