Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M
4. Re: Humble Origin Bundle Raises Over $10M Sep 4, 2013, 10:17 KS

No American Heart Association, their disease which kills more than all the other specialty organizations together, and is of special interest to fat men sitting around getting fatter and fatter playing video games?

Come on guys!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Guardians of Middle-earth for Windows
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Guardians of Middle-earth for Windows Aug 31, 2013, 15:05 KS

Oh thank god, another MOBA. I was starting to worry we were running out.  

News Comments > Dragons of Elanthia Announced
3. Re: Dragons of Elanthia Announced Aug 29, 2013, 16:12 KS

The only Behemoths I want are the breasts on the ladies. Does the female wizard get a slider? The picture of her seems awfully covered up.  

News Comments > Dragons of Elanthia Announced
1. Re: Dragons of Elanthia Announced Aug 29, 2013, 11:44 KS

It seems to be PvP, is it? PvP means balancing means "My dragon sucks!", a sentiment which should never cross the mind of someone in a dragon game.  

News Comments > FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response
9. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 09:38 KS

Any pet classes? They seem to have a "summoner" and a wizard thingie that uses faeries, but are these real pets?

The site's class (job) descriptions are one colorful but useless paragraph long, no details, and everthing else on Google wikis the old abandoned system from two years ago.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 20, 2013, 17:01 KS

From the EverQuest Next wiki:

Wizards have:
* Two movement ability slots
* One offensive ability slot
* One defensive ability slot

While telling us "nostalgia is dumb", they're doing a standard "action MMO" clone?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 20, 2013, 11:15 KS

mch wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 09:46:
My guess is they needed their Breaking Bad fix

HAH! You didn't read TFA, did you? Huh? Huh?

They used that joke in the 2nd sentence

News Comments > Guardians of Middle-earth for PC This Month
8. Re: Guardians of Middle-earth for PC This Month Aug 16, 2013, 04:16 KS

Played Smite open beta, it's a tower defense game except you play the idiot running by the towers. You play a hero unit who is a mastermind, except they don't control the minions.

There are dozens of unique hero units you can play, and people bitch all the time even on the noob arenas.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Aug 16, 2013, 03:58 KS

nin wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 20:48:
I think it's a valid issue. Things have gotten way out of hand...

This kind of shit is ridiculous.

What? You bought a brass HO-scale railroad model locomotive, and we removed some pieces six months after you bought it because it was too cool, and you have the nerve to be upset?

The idiots nerf things instead of boosting others. If balancing is needed, aside from wildly broken stuff, boost other things to compete better.

This is a lesson none of these ignorant game designer savages have ever learned in 15 years of online game making. They just love kicking every game player in the balls going round and round with nerfs.

Why? All you end up with are outraged customers.

Idiots.

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 2013, 04:04.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014
26. Re: Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014 Aug 13, 2013, 13:48 KS

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:20:
We know people want to use the Xbox One controller on their PC,

Who are the three people who want this? Name them.

Good question. More power to people who like playing games with these things, but that's what's wrecking the PC game market the past 4 years or so -- everything is designed for consoles, which means these clumsy controllers, few powers, and a much more shallow gameplay.

Played Max Payne on both console and PC and console was excruciating. It was worse than a throwback to the days before I learned to use a mouse with FPS games.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
5. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 10, 2013, 16:38 KS

This Thief game has third- person climbing sections.

Oh hell no. A little climbing I don't mind (is this somehow different from climbing thru rafters in the originals?) but forcing 3rd person, no.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 10, 2013, 16:35 KS

Those options include an ‘old school mode’, which ups the difficulty, turns off the UI helpers and entirely removes Garrett’s new Focus abilities.

Well, that's ok. Not a fan of "Quick Time Events" (think Dragon's Lair) but that's Ok if it did a temporary save just before it activated.

I'd hate to sneak through a bunch of stuff for half an hour, then boom, I get a QTE with one chance not to die. Sorry, you didn't know it was coming, go redo all that.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 9, 2013, 09:48 KS

Only a 0.3% increase to a paltry 109,000,000 units sold last year.

In any case, tablets are personal computers. This PC vs. tablet silliness is a non-difference. It's just a small form factor change thanks to flatscreens and touch.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2013, 09:55.

News Comments > Project Eternity Art & Screenshot
27. Re: Project Eternity Art & Screenshot Aug 7, 2013, 13:02 KS

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 11:43:
Mmmm...isometric RPG...

Quite frankly, the isometric aspect, forced by painted backgrounds, was overrated as an important component of this type of game. I'd love to, at a minimum, have a freely-rotating camera, as well as tilt down and up and even a limited zoom range.

> fog of war

I'm sure they turned it off for the picture.

News Comments > Project Eternity Art & Screenshot
20. Re: Project Eternity Art & Screenshot Aug 7, 2013, 11:29 KS

Iirc, my nth playthru left my solo guy a 1 man wrecking crew with fantastic 2-hander, haste boots, dual Rings of Gaxx (honestly earned through game mechanics) and the spell-reflecting cloak ("boing!").

I happily used my demon werewolf whatever it was transformation. I wanted power...Power...POWER!

News Comments > Titan "Unlikely" to be Subscription-Based
12. Re: Titan Aug 2, 2013, 17:06 KS

Subscription never bothered me. I quit because it is boring. In practice, 5/10 times I quit within 3 months because it is stupid and boring and grinds my gears the wrong way.  

News Comments > Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details
11. Re: Voxel-based EverQuest Next Details Aug 2, 2013, 16:32 KS

Almost every game has been a static 3D world shoving pre-generated animations around like hockey pucks.

We had some destructable stuff in one Star Wars game (no mmos tho) and City of Heroes had ragdoll physics, but otherwise it's just been more and more detailed hockey-puckism.

To quote Bill Murry in Groundhog Day, "This is different. Anything different is good."

My only fear is this will be not a big RPG with deep powers but a more "action rpg" with shallow, few powers.

Oh, and I want pet classes with persistent pets you can equip and trick out and decorate. Giving a sword and shield to your skelly to boost them a bit and change looks went the way of the dodo for some reason.

News Comments > Infinite Crisis Founder's Program
5. Re: Infinite Crisis Founder's Program Aug 2, 2013, 14:30 KS

Jerykk wrote on Aug 2, 2013, 00:51:
Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 15:44
uit wasting time and money on this shit Turbine. New Asheron's Call is all everyone wants. That is all.
[/quote:

Surely you realize that Turbine is getting paid to make this, right? Getting paid so you can keep your studio alive is hardly a waste of time or money.

True. Somebody else is spending tens of millions creating yet another MOBA -- ooh play your favorite champion.

I hope they balance it so Superman and Green Lantern can't walk all over Batman and Blue Beetle. He's funny.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2013, 16:17 KS

Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 10:38:
InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 09:44:
1 in 4 Young Adults Regret Social Media Posts Not Thinking Before Opening Their Mouth. (Or in this case before typing)

Also, anyone else notice that the 20-somethings are the new teens? As in all the angst, poor judgement, bad hormones, attitudes and personality problems have seemingly been extended by about 10+ years....

I blame Facebook...

That's not really anything new. It's really been that way since the early to mid 90s.

Creston

Yes, literally the 90s, not 1990s. Or 1990s BC.

News Comments > 7.7 Million WoW Subs
24. Re: 7.7 Million WoW Subs Jul 26, 2013, 13:48 KS

The last time I played was before they forced you to convert your login to a Battle.net login. Even then the last 8 months was almost solid PvP. I had almost gotten from 50 to 60 doing PvP abouy 80% (there are some "creeps" in some battlegrounds, plus I ran the wilds looking helpless).

Even then I tried to reactivate a year ago but the Herculean hoops to get through their login conversion process involving multiple rounds of faxing IDs, I finally gave up.

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo