Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 361 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation
13. Re: DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation Oct 7, 2014, 13:11 KS

Is skirmish or whatever single player is, worth it alone? I hate multiplayer in games like this, and haven't been so sad at the announcement of the lack of a real single-player campaign since Demigod, which bombed otherwise, stupid devs. What a wasted game that was.

I used to play Spaceward Ho! and Pax Imperia, which had no campaign, but you moved system to system in galactic conquest against any number of AI which started in other parts of the galaxy. Is it like that?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players
15. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 26, 2014, 16:23 KS

Moog wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:20:
but how many of those 7m register, play it once, and never go back?

If that's the case, they are counting me, and Smite is, too, because I played it for 2 hours during a beta last year.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 15:49 KS

I hope children in Seattle die insane and screaming in pain from rabies from rat bites from rats chowing down and multiplying on food garbage in compost piles.

Preferrably kids of these regulators.

Also, bonus for scientific ignorance whining about CO2 in the atmosphere while whining about carbon sequestration AKA burying food (or yard) waste in landfills to combat it under the false, leftover 1970s fraud that landfill space is limited.

News Comments > Dragon Ball Xenoverse PC Plans
1. Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse PC Plans Sep 22, 2014, 10:03 KS

Well, standing there grunting for half an hour before releasing your big shot, which the bad guy will shrug off, should be a fun gameplay experience.  

News Comments > Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced
7. Re: Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced Sep 11, 2014, 11:39 KS

"Ok, recruit! Take your phaser and go kill that giant rat. You are forbidden from setting it to a higher power level than '5 Shots To Kill A Rat' ."

"It's a ship-based game."

"Ok, recruit! Use your ship and go kill that giant space rat!"

"It's Fluidic Space."

"Ok, recruit! Go kill that giant fluidic space rat!"

News Comments > ArcheAge Open Beta
7. Re: ArcheAge Open Beta Sep 5, 2014, 13:26 KS

You can steal peoples plants from illegal farms (people plant stuff in the wilderness and try to hide it)

[Puts fingertips together]: Go on.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
37. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 14:06 KS

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 22:22:
I believe subs still work, it just has to be worth it. Until MMO's get out of their cookie cutter setup and make something amazing for us, yes subs won't work very well.

Oh and I believe the report and do not believe the corporate spin.

I am neither a kid nor a struggling college student. I have a job. $15/month doesn't even show up on my radar. I average more than that eating out 2x a day.

I cancelled this before the free month was over. The good:

- Huge world
- Quests everywhere
- That teleport bamf attack by that one class.

The bad:
-Ain't feeling it, man.
- Big, lost feeling
- Transient groups for outside quest bosses, i.e. people stand around until enough are there, group, kill it, disband, errrrryone turn in.

News Comments > City of Heroes Revival?
6. Re: City of Heroes Revival? Sep 2, 2014, 14:06 KS

Oh God...no, please no.

I'm already having PTSD flashbacks of the 19087 wannabe "Wullvereen" knockoffs...

My fav was something like:

--xxxXXX Wolfferine XXXxxx---

who was a nondescript-looking defender.

I look forward to this, but loss of my superbase, which I had hundreds of hours of work in and over 4000 items placed, still royally pissed me off.

I am none too confidant NCSoft won't yank the IP after they shift to a new engine and the IP is integrated with City of Titans.

Am I supposed to re-build or re-play with another sword hanging over my head?

And still I will.

News Comments > New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players
10. Re: New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players Aug 28, 2014, 11:07 KS

They should have gotten rid of bunny hopping and just set the max speed to that.

It was a trick taking advantage of poor code that made some kind of angle running/jumping faster than straight line (IIRC). In any case, it should never have existed and is just a grotesque irritation with no real gameplay value aside from the speed.

Hup hup hup hup hup hup everwhar hup hup hup hup hup.

News Comments > EA's $1B DLC Goal
32. Re: EA's $1B DLC Goal Aug 27, 2014, 09:43 KS

EA expects Madden to be a major contributor to that [$1 billion] figure,

"That's a lotta Polish kielbasa and kraut dogs!"

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 14:41 KS

"decided that what the series needed was to take all the female player characters, give them skimpier outfits and make them into J-pop stars."

Dang! I wish I had known that. I might have played it.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2014, 16:49 KS

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 14:27:
I was not looking forward at all to the original cast being in the new Star Wars movie, but I have to say, Mark Hamill looks like a total Jedi master with his full beard.

I checked it out -- Mark Hamill (62) is one year younger than Alec Guinness was when he first played Obi-Wan.

Hoooooly sheet.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Aug 12, 2014, 19:24 KS

"Forced the Ranger to watch while his wife and son were murdered."

Is this part of Tolkien mythos?

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
32. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 18:28 KS

DangerDog wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 14:17:
Hello Star Citizen, are you not entertained!?

Even if this project fails I think I'll have gotten my $45 worth of backer pledge out of all the drama this has created.

Hehe, I'm not a backer and have definitely gotten my money's worth of drama!

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed?
7. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed? Aug 1, 2014, 11:56 KS

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 11:49:
Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 11:12:
Yeah, exiting as it first was, the more I see and hear, the less excited I become. I have a feeling this might end up as kind of a bust.

I think it is going to be a complete disappointment. First we were told "it's all procedurally generated!" Then, we heard "Well, ok, maybe not all of it. Animals are pre-existing assets." The last I heard was "So the systems are procedurally generated. Really, we mean it."

Seeing the screenshots in high res makes the game look fuzzy, washed out and extremely angular with mediocre graphics and I haven't seen any new shots released that change that.

Dang! I'm hoping not just for PC, but exposing the procedural-generation APIs for worlds and animals. It wold be fascinating to plug that into evolutionary algorithms.

EverQuest Landmark is playing around with being a souped-up Minecraft, and this would go so far beyond that, revolutionary, not just incremental.

News Comments > On the Legality of "Code Stripping"
2. Re: On the Legality of Jul 31, 2014, 13:50 KS

This just went to the Supreme Court last year in a case where a guy imported legally-purchased, non-pirate textbooks sold overseas much more cheaply, and resold them here for considerable profit, but still undercutting local prices.

The SC ruled "first sale doctrine" held, and copyright law did not forbid this action. I.e. once you bought a legitimate copy, you could re-sell it like any property.

The decision was 6-3, with mixed judges on both sides of it.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2014, 10:35 KS

KilgoreTrout wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 06:22:
The fact that your corner of the world (the U.S.) may have peaked and is currently faced with great challenges doesn't mean that the world at large is not improving. Have you seen the statistics on global poverty, infant mortality, access to health care, nutrition, violent conflict deaths and average life spans? They have been going firmly in the right direction for the last 50 years and show no signs of suddenly reversing.

Are there great challenges ahead? Sure. There have always been. But I believe we are better equipped than ever to deal with them, because of science and technology.

Cutter, you have so far made zero fact-based claims to support your position, just the usual "look, everything is bad and getting worse and you are blind not to see it" that disillusioned people have been saying forever. I think you need to look at the world and see that life is improving for the vast majority of people, even though it might not be for you and/or where you are.

Every time someone bitches about (to use an example from another topic today), Foxcon hiring 100,000 more people in China, I have to point out the enemy isn't western companies looking for cheaper labor. It's dirt-floor grinding poverty. It's reality saying, "You need to feed yourself". Companies to the rescue...because of relative economic freedom.

They probably have 30 million applicants, each one deciding that is better than their current lot.

Just like happened in the west 150 years ago with the industrial revolution. Lives and wealth for the average person skyrocketted...as "evil" companies did their thing.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
21. Re: Outlook CTRL F Jul 16, 2014, 17:19 KS

Beamer wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 16:53:
Creston wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 16:37:
Because it's Microsoft, and they're all a bunch of arrogant cockwaffles who think they know everything better.

Outlook is just moronic. Try finding the "insert URL" button. Then use it. It hasn't been changed since the days of AOL.

Microsoft is indeed moronic. They are notorious for not using their own standard Windows copy-cut-paste and/or find/replace/find again shortcuts in their products. VSS diff program still uses a binocular icon for find/find fw/find rev with no shortcut at all. Excel wouldn't know what F3 find again was to save Bill Gates' life.

In their defense (such as it is) most of these programs predated Windows and Windows standardizations, and were leftovers from "programmer's seat of the pants" days where people sloppily threw wrappers around search and paste APIs and called it a night, with little thought to designing a proper feature.

Still, I don't care somebody's production macro from 1992 might break if F3 was find again. It should be an option.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 14:42 KS

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 14:19:
Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 12:00:
Happy Level-Up Day to Me!
Toff

SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Congrats Cutter.

** Ding ding ding! **
** Your strength decreases by 1%! **
** Your beauty decreases by 1%! **

Unless you're nearing the level cap, then it's about 5% a year.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 13:37 KS

Beamer wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 13:14:
Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 12:13:
Why does Marvel feel it's ok for them to fuck with other peoples religions so long as they're not mainstream? Hey, why not make Jesus or Mohammed women and see how that works out for you.

Thor isn't a religious character, he's a mythological one. Unless you know people still worshiping Norse mythology as religion. I can't even find any genuine ones online.

Today is Odin's Day. Tomorrow is Thor's Day.

Anyway, I can't tell from the article, is this some chick who was worthy, or did Thor get turned into a chick, like Loki was with a big, but in-continuity magical event, or a (gag) complete reboot?

361 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo