Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 424 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 3, 2015, 11:48 KS

> Eve Online to turn into TV series.

Joe: "Hey, Frank! Check out my new $400 billion tier 3 battleship! Gonna take it for a spin outside."

Frank: "Awesome! I am going to take a nap. Bye." (Exits to his quarters and falls asleep.)

(Hangry12 awakens in his bunk aboard his tackle ship and quickly sends a message to Steve. Steve goes to his quarters and falls asleep and Turgo awakens aboard his pew pew ship. They attack and slaughter Joe's new ship.)

Joe, returning to station in an escape capsule: "Rats!"

Frank, wakes up and walks back in: "Gee, what happened?"

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2015, 12:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
11. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 2, 2015, 03:12 KS

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 22:26:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 21:36:
The most insane quote from that article is him saying

If I'm not bringing in $3 million or $2 million a month, we aren't going to have as many people working on it.

If that's true then he's got to be placed in some record book of slickest salesman ever.

CR states an average intake of $2.5 million per month or $30 million per year. I'm guessing about 2 more years until it's finished.

DS estimates that the average working joe has already spent $92 dollars on the game. I doubt they can be squeezed much more. And newcomers are probably gun shy.

The question is where are they going to find an additional $60 million.

Are they saying they are living hand to mouth?

At some point it will become shovelware. Big, gorgeous shovelware.

News Comments > MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download?
1. Re: MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download? Aug 31, 2015, 19:33 KS

You're gonna need a new term to replace "Gone Gold" and "Ship's Ahoy!"

There is no golden image sent to a disc presser, nor is anything of note actually shipped.

"Latest Squeezins 4Sale!" or "Dingy's Ahoy!", respectively, maybe.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 25, 2015, 08:38 KS

People should boycott Twitter.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 11:21 KS

> People are Naming Babies After Anakin Skywalker

Yeah!

Hitler Jones
Whiney Fucking Teenager Johnson
Yes The Younglings Too Smith

Oops, sorry, thought this was Slashdot.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Head Start Plans
7. Re: Sword Coast Legends Head Start Plans Aug 22, 2015, 18:47 KS

"The necromancer...with the heart of gold!"

"When I use infernal magics to yank souls back from the great beyond and bind them to dead bodies against their will and enslave them to my commands, I feel real, real bad about it!"

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 22, 2015, 12:23 KS

I ain't seeing what is evolutionary, to use their own words.

"Just use a sword" to up sword skill -- Dungeon Seige and others.

Wide open classless system -- since freaking Ultima Online.

Lycanthropy -- Almost all games have a shape changer class.

Tons of skills -- that list didn't look particularly big compared vs. contemporaries.

News Comments > Some Star Citizen Refunds
17. Re: Some Star Citizen Refunds Aug 21, 2015, 11:45 KS

> hardship

Well, the years drag on and I am sure some $10,000 donors need that money back to help pay their retirement

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 19:44 KS

Axis wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 18:05:
descender wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 17:56:
Not quite...

The video game "crash" in the 80's was a combination of "system saturation", and "shitware saturation". There were too many consoles on the market in the early 80's without suitable software to sustain them and the Atari 2600 was basically flooding the market with extremely low quality games.

The "crash" itself really centers around 1983. C64 and Apple IIe's were not effected negatively by this crash at all. It actually caused their growth and acceptance as cheaper more versatile options for gamers than the consoles were.

They were talking about piracy, hence not consoles. I know they mentioned consoles, but again there was no "crash" far as I remember -- everyone of my friends happily had stacks of atari cartridges and couldn't wait to get more.

But all console games sucked ass compared to the C64 (or PC equivalent), and still do to this day. But back then living room gaming was insanely fun, and anyone who had a console was instantly popular...

Again they were likely just parroting what they've read and weren't even around at the time.

I'm one of those who lived through it, having bought an Atari in the late 1970s after seeing it at a neighbor's (same bastards who had a freaking PONG!)

At no point did I ever stop buying games. We sold the Atari with 40+ games for about $100 when Colecovision came out (I wasn't 18 yet but remember driving to the buyer's house, a guy who would later be called autistic.) about 1982(?)

Chugged onward with Colecovision games (ADAM upgrade around 1983-4) until my Mac Plus in 1985 sophomore year in college. Those games I typically scammed, with occasional virus.

Mac gamed (bought instead of scammed after graduation) until switching to PC with Win 95, and PC gamed ever since. It did Internet with Netscape, and since almost all Mac games were the most popular PC games, ported, got a much bigger game selection. As I was a programmer, everything else didn't scare me (not much of a bragging point for a PC, to be sure.)

Only the past 5 years has gaming become boring. I loathe MMORPGs currently, as most new ones are console games called "action MMOs" (read: everyone gets two little quick stuns for PvP and maybe a break free key to mash) no thanks, hate button mashing. They are going the wrong direction trying to make it in-the-immediate mashing excitement.

Anyhoo, no crash, if you wanna call it that, until today, and because of console-itis, where all games are console game design, ported to PC.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2015, 19:51.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch on PTR
3. Re: World of Warcraft Patch on PTR Aug 20, 2015, 14:07 KS

Have you ever noticed the flying rocket mounts fly like they are held by strings in an old 1950s sci-fi movie?

That is pretty cool.

Grinding dailies is not.

News Comments > The International Results
33. Re: The International Results Aug 10, 2015, 13:12 KS

6.6 what now? SAY WHAT?!?!?  

News Comments > Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Expansion
7. Re: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Expansion Aug 5, 2015, 14:47 KS

Cancelled, will probably buy and reactivate. I am no longer down with the kinds of grinding necessary to polish off a high end character in most games. Run a hundred million hard modes to get thousands of ultimate commendations to buy tier 3 purples to suck out mods to put in oranges of my choice. Or just wear the purples since we have costume slots now.

Oooh Elegant Dancer outfit for me and my companion! Revan and the level 55 missions were quite entertaining.

They have 12x xp rate for subscribers this summer, which allows you to level all the way up just on your ma8n class missi9n chain. Life is much more bearable with these more fleshed out missions.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Aug 2, 2015, 16:21 KS

Well, you can't make PC and console players happy. I'm sure they learned their lesson -- next time, full console!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 14:19 KS

Please do not add bars covering part of the precious screen real estate of a phone. I am murderously furious of sites that do this. What are they thinking? What mobile tiny screen app class tells them to cover 30% of the screen with some kind of menu bar overlay? And not give a way to dismiss it?

Washington Post is completely putrid.

He believes the mystery dumper is likely male because the stools are "massive."

How sexist!

He believes the mystery dumper is likely male because, come on!

That's better!

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Bonus Weekend
2. Re: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Bonus Weekend Jul 31, 2015, 12:36 KS

Well, assuming they have "tune reward for your class" turned on, it is still just one piece of several, one shot only. (Is it one time only?)

I just cancelled SW: ToR, and don't know if this is even enough for me to reactivate.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Announced
12. Re: BATTLETECH Announced Jul 29, 2015, 12:02 KS

Finally, something besides the PvP-only online game.

It's a crime they didn't put the old games on Gog or Steam. KotoR, Dungeon Keeper, Sacrifice, Total Annihilation, Baldur's Gate extended family, all the old goodies are available. What's their problem?

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online Servers Closing
3. Re: Lord of the Rings Online Servers Closing Jul 28, 2015, 12:50 KS

Is this another major MMORPG closing instead of selling to Sony or some other long-term service?

I understand it may not be viable, but there are people who make a go of games in that state.

(Insert standard backstabbing by owners of City of Heroes here...)

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 24, 2015, 11:31 KS

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 09:18:
I have only seen and tested HEVC in a few media files so far, but the results were pretty damn impressive.. we are talking a good 50 to 70% more efficient compression than h.264 .. and if you maintain bitrate, you can achieve WAY higher quality than even with h.264

So 0.05% of profits for that.. seems.. well.. acceptable to me

They are after deep pockets stream producers. Such tech will save many billions of dollars in data rates, and video is exploding now, and they want a piece of it.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2015, 11:59.

News Comments > Smedley Leaves Daybreak
2. Re: Smedley Leaves Daybreak Jul 23, 2015, 11:30 KS

He helped develop the EverQuest Business Model of Game Balance.

Find a popular power or class and nerf it, punching lots of your paying customers in the nose and telling them they are bad humans for enjoying it.

They will move on to another power. Repeat ad nauseum until all paying customers feel like the enemy.

Do not lift up unpopular stuff instead by boosting powers because that reverses the process and makes paying customers happy.

News Comments > KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added
32. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 12:52 KS

> Oh...and we added a "Force Speed Effects" option in the menu

Thank god. Having everything blurry because you were running at the astounding speed of slower than a 12 year old's 1.5 hp minibike was asinine as well as ugly.

Speaking of Star Wars: The Old Republic and million-dollar vehicles to buy that are slower than that 12 year old's minibike, could the online guys pep it up to 60 miles per hour?

424 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo