Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KS

Real Name KS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KS
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2002, 21:20
Total Comments 411 (Amateur)
User ID 13644

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 14:19 KS

Please do not add bars covering part of the precious screen real estate of a phone. I am murderously furious of sites that do this. What are they thinking? What mobile tiny screen app class tells them to cover 30% of the screen with some kind of menu bar overlay? And not give a way to dismiss it?

Washington Post is completely putrid.

He believes the mystery dumper is likely male because the stools are "massive."

How sexist!

He believes the mystery dumper is likely male because, come on!

That's better!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Bonus Weekend
2. Re: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Bonus Weekend Jul 31, 2015, 12:36 KS

Well, assuming they have "tune reward for your class" turned on, it is still just one piece of several, one shot only. (Is it one time only?)

I just cancelled SW: ToR, and don't know if this is even enough for me to reactivate.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Announced
12. Re: BATTLETECH Announced Jul 29, 2015, 12:02 KS

Finally, something besides the PvP-only online game.

It's a crime they didn't put the old games on Gog or Steam. KotoR, Dungeon Keeper, Sacrifice, Total Annihilation, Baldur's Gate extended family, all the old goodies are available. What's their problem?

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online Servers Closing
3. Re: Lord of the Rings Online Servers Closing Jul 28, 2015, 12:50 KS

Is this another major MMORPG closing instead of selling to Sony or some other long-term service?

I understand it may not be viable, but there are people who make a go of games in that state.

(Insert standard backstabbing by owners of City of Heroes here...)

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 24, 2015, 11:31 KS

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 09:18:
I have only seen and tested HEVC in a few media files so far, but the results were pretty damn impressive.. we are talking a good 50 to 70% more efficient compression than h.264 .. and if you maintain bitrate, you can achieve WAY higher quality than even with h.264

So 0.05% of profits for that.. seems.. well.. acceptable to me

They are after deep pockets stream producers. Such tech will save many billions of dollars in data rates, and video is exploding now, and they want a piece of it.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2015, 11:59.

News Comments > Smedley Leaves Daybreak
2. Re: Smedley Leaves Daybreak Jul 23, 2015, 11:30 KS

He helped develop the EverQuest Business Model of Game Balance.

Find a popular power or class and nerf it, punching lots of your paying customers in the nose and telling them they are bad humans for enjoying it.

They will move on to another power. Repeat ad nauseum until all paying customers feel like the enemy.

Do not lift up unpopular stuff instead by boosting powers because that reverses the process and makes paying customers happy.

News Comments > KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added
32. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 12:52 KS

> Oh...and we added a "Force Speed Effects" option in the menu

Thank god. Having everything blurry because you were running at the astounding speed of slower than a 12 year old's 1.5 hp minibike was asinine as well as ugly.

Speaking of Star Wars: The Old Republic and million-dollar vehicles to buy that are slower than that 12 year old's minibike, could the online guys pep it up to 60 miles per hour?

News Comments > The Surge Announced
5. Re: The Surge Announced Jul 22, 2015, 12:37 KS

Hardcore in this context is meaningless puffery the equivalent of badass. Actual hardcore RPG players know it means permadeath of your character, something flunking college students and trust fund layabouts know all about.

If there are any trust fund layabouts out there with too much money, toss me a million and I will retire and adventure with you.

News Comments > On Star Citizen "Feature Creep" and More
61. Re: On Star Citizen Jul 21, 2015, 16:48 KS

So is it gonna be like Eve where a biggish ship has 8 large hardpoints and must waste them on tiny guns to defend against tiny ships, or risk easy destruction by a guy in an inflatable raft with a bomb?  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
21. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 11:40 KS

Wildone wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:53:
Yes that was the original pitch at some point, then the german fan boys took over and wanted it to be 'everything in space' and have the ships be able to do 'everything in space' and so what you see here is a monumental spectacular failure. All the 'systems' they demand to be in each ship make it so complex and bloated they have completely lost sight of the core gameplay (which still sucks currently) and thus this debacle will go on for maybe a year longer, when people realize they still cant fly their $999 virtual spaceship with all the bells and whistles on it not workin, in a barely running small skybox..things gonna blow baby! Just watch..

harlock wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 10:03:
i thought this was a space sim

What is the core space gameplay anyway? Is it like Eve? Do you put stuff into slots?

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Trial
25. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Trial Jul 16, 2015, 15:52 KS

After the gameplay changes in DA2, I refused to buy this without a free demo. Now we shall see.  

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
40. Re: Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem Jul 16, 2015, 07:59 KS

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 12:17:
Just bury this stupid property already.

No shit. At least two people here think the problem is quality of porting from X-Box, the natural and proper platform and controller to design it for.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 07:49 KS

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 20:48:
Yeah, a lot of these rabid fans don't understand the difference between want and need. Tell them they have to pay for it and watch how fast support dries up. Everyone wants, no one wants to pay.

The owner says to the city, "Pay for it or I will go to a city that will."

Woe be to the politician who lets a major sports team get away. That hurts a lot more, vote-wise, than adding $250 million to a strained budget.

Remember, the budget is only strained because factions whine about cuts. All factions' political leaders kneel to the god of the pro sports team leaving. So room is made for that, no sweat at all, unlike much smaller cuts where politicians trot out the sob stories.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patched
40. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Jul 8, 2015, 00:03 KS

edaciousx wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 12:11:
one of the big disappointments is that they said there's a good chance for single player missions and there has been no talk about that at all... at least from what i've heard. I want the single player experience, not the multiplayer.

This was the most disappointed I felt at a game that turned out to be PvP only since Demigod.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patched
4. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Jul 7, 2015, 10:25 KS

This isn't really an MMO. There is no world, only missions (and only arena-style pvp at that) and not even limited common areas, something GW, DDO, and other instance-based mission-oriented MMOs have.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2015, 18:00 KS

InBlack wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 09:57:
"Chris Roberts turned up in a video recording to remind people that Star Citizen had made an awful lot of money"

That line...simply...Pure Gold!

Especially when you realize Star Citizen hasn't made any money, yet, technically. It remains to be seen how much goes for ongoing operations and how much is claimed as profit after release.

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
15. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 15, 2015, 08:45 KS

I want a Walking Dead 3D VR simulation, but only of a 3-way with Maggie and her sister Emily Kinney.

Oops, sorry, thought this was Slashdot.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
25. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 08:02 KS

Jerykk wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 02:45:
Executions seem pretty gimmicky and they really should have played this with M/KB so that they wouldn't need to pop up the weapon wheel every 5 seconds. Weapons also felt strangely unsatisfying.

I recall the first unreal game giving you a gatling gun of crystal shards. It felt wimpy because it was wimpy, and it sounded wimpy.

I am sure damage of weapons is set at precisely 2.1 rockets needed per monster, so you must fire 3. Sigh.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
54. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 14:16 KS

The Rift will work natively with Windows 10 to make it easy to set up, jump in, and have an incredible VR gaming experience

The only reason it won't work natively with Windows 7+ is if Microsoft decides not, to try to force people onto 10. Same with DX12.

Hopefully Occulus will deal with it if Microsoft won't.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2015, 17:31 KS

i wonder how much of this will be creating quasi-sealed or "safe" communities where dissent is "banned".  

411 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo