Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for StaTik

Real Name StaTik   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname StaTik
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 15, 2002, 08:12
Total Comments 284 (Amateur)
User ID 13634

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released
17. Re: Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released Oct 17, 2014, 07:42 StaTik

Fantaz wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 00:41:
they must be factoring in the millions they sold for $1 with the Humble Bundle.
This and there is a copy of the game shipped with every Nvidia Shield tablet.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Sims 4 Preloads
1. Re: The Sims 4 Preloads Aug 31, 2014, 13:08 StaTik

I would not pre-order anything from EA at this point even at %50 off. They got me on Titanfall and BF4. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and I'm waiting for every new title to come out from EA to hit the bargain basement from now on.  

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible
5. Re: Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible Jun 12, 2014, 10:33 StaTik

They might see some weird stuff with my wallet staying in my pocket.
Porting to PC? Do it right or just don't do it at all.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 10:11 StaTik

YES YES YES!!!!!
I don't care what it comes with GTA V coming to PC!

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
48. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 13:55 StaTik

I imagine that there are a ton of Droid/PC Humblebundles that have bought the games for Driod and registered them on Steam just for the hell of it.  

News Comments > PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming
22. Re: PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming Apr 13, 2014, 09:54 StaTik

As games get larger in size I think the demand for the good old disk base game will make a come back. With games like Titanfall tipping the scales at 50gigs there are people that don't have the bandwidth or ISP limit to handle that kind of download. Games will only get larger in size and I don't see ISP's upping there caps or bandwidth any time soon. The average speed for US connections is just 7.4Mbps. At that rate Titanfall would take over 20hrs to download. With typical ISP caps that would be 1/4 of the monthly allowance. I know Titanfall is the exception now, but now that they have gotten away with the huge file size with little to no complaints there will be others.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 10, 2014, 22:41 StaTik

[i]Alternatively, updated versions of the company's incredibly successful Grand Thef Auto 5 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC are widely expected to be among the biggest releases of the year.[i/]

Have I been living under a rock and they anounced gt5 for PC?

News Comments > Origins Ditches Discs
40. Re: Origins Ditches Discs Mar 31, 2014, 18:33 StaTik

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 17:30:

Ok you DO realize your situation is a minority case, right? I think data caps are horseshit, altho the 250gb caps that Comcast and AT&T have aren't absurd...it's pretty hard to hit that cap, even during a Steam sale.
So I'm guessing you live in a rural area, and have a small ISP that's raking you over the coals. That sucks, but you won't get a larger company to wire up your town (or god forbid you live way outside of a town). The cost will never, ever be recouped. And since everyone was too busy watching football or the Kardashians to bother complaining about deregulation, they aren't even required to PRETEND they care anymore.
If you do live in a small town, and you're IN TOWN, see about getting your representatives to pester Metronet. If there's enough interest in your town, you may be able to get them to wire up fiber to everyone's house. If your town is packed with old folks or hillbillies that don't care about that there inernet, you're fucked.
HoSpanky I would love to take your out of the suburbs and put you in the country. I would then precede to tell you your "fucked" and how I could care less about your ISP situation.

Thanks bro.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2014, 18:39.

News Comments > Origins Ditches Discs
21. Re: Origins Ditches Discs Mar 31, 2014, 11:42 StaTik

Task wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 09:27:
Uh ok, so... if someone buys a EA Game on disk from Amazon/Gamestop or where-ever, they can't use the key on Origin? I assume this means they are just not selling the disks on Origin and leaving that to third party distributors.

I hope that's the case! Downloading that 45gig Titanfall on 6mb DSL would have taken over 24hrs. We all know how stable and forgiving the Orgins download server is.

News Comments > Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves
8. Re: Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves Mar 26, 2014, 20:51 StaTik

Super idea! Now lets just hope they have the balls to enforce it.  

News Comments > PC Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Delayed
6. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Delayed Mar 25, 2014, 11:26 StaTik

Good to see EA hard at work on that worst company in America award. With this level of service they are sure to get that coveted number one spot again.

Congrats EA!!

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Demo; Free DLC Plans
9. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Demo; Free DLC Plans Feb 10, 2014, 13:27 StaTik

It's been done before and better in 1999.
http://www.gearheadgarage.com

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
26. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 07:09 StaTik

InBlack wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 05:29:
Why would anyone want to get this anyway?? Didnt BF3 come out a year ago and isnt it basically the same game?? I mean they are obviously going the way of CoD but no one gives a shit?? Fucking pathetic if you ask me.

I'm with you on this one. I'm sick to death of these mega franchises games and 4/6 deep sequels. I'll buy BF4 when it hits $20.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2013, 07:53 StaTik

AT&T are a bunch of two face basterds. In one hand they say that the internet is taking over phone lines and in the other they are pulling lagacy DSL lines. They are already refusing people that are moving in around me DSL service. If they get there way they will leave this area with no service at all since we cant get a cell signel here.  

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
20. Re: Daikatana on Steam Oct 2, 2013, 13:31 StaTik

InBlack wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 10:04:

I vividly remember rain and frogs. And not finishing the frist level. Yeah it was that bad.

That's exactly the way I remember it but I also recall some birds/bats..? Now that I think about it I never really gave the game much of a chance.

News Comments > More on Steam Living Room Plans Next Week
25. Re: More on Steam Living Room Plans Next Week Sep 22, 2013, 12:49 StaTik

I love my PC for gaming but I'm a little tired of shelling out $1500 every 3 years for new hardware. With that said there are a lot of IF's that have to be met before I would consider it.

If there price point for the base unit is under $400.
If they manage to woo enough AAA titles to make a linux port for this steam box.
If this device supports kb/mouse play for ALL games.
If there is enough hardware there to push 60fps in ALL games.

I doubt if they can do all that but if they do I'll be in line with my money on release day.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 22, 2013, 12:13 StaTik

Well that enplanes the 40% video watching stat they came out with the other day.

Hey MS 1+1=2.

Mom buys the console for the kids based on what they want. The video watching is just a bi-product of the console being there with a spot to poke a dvd. Video content dose not sell consoles. Anything with a processor can play video.

This from a company that took 10 years to figure out that people might want to watch a dvd on there computer.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
15. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 21, 2013, 12:13 StaTik

PC, PC, PC, come on everyone now! PC, PC, PC, you in the back row get up! PC, PC, PC.  

News Comments > New AMD WHQL & Beta Drivers
7. Re: New AMD WHQL & Beta Drivers Sep 19, 2013, 19:45 StaTik

3dfx ownz joo 2!  

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
18. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Sep 19, 2013, 19:44 StaTik

3dfx ownz joo!  

284 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer