Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ray

Real Name Ray   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname banddirector
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Band Director in Washington State
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 13, 2002, 17:14
Total Comments 1886 (Pro)
User ID 13624

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2011, 13:43 banddirector

I'm another ex-Netflix customer who was the victim of bad service several years ago - - I suppose I should give them another shot. But I've also turned into a bit of an HD snob, and I don't like the low-res quality of standard def movies I've streamed thru my Xbox.

Are the Netflix streamed movies any better?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2011, 15:49 banddirector

There's not much reason to be optimistic about the team's prospects at this point

Try being a Mariner's fan ....

10. Re: Feb 17, 2011, 15:49 banddirector

Blue wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 15:30:
space captain wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 15:19:
looks like its finally time to whip out the phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range

Hey, just what you see, pal!

.45 long slide?

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever and Steamworks
9. Re: Duke Nukem Forever and Steamworks Feb 15, 2011, 16:00 banddirector

I prefer to buy games this way, even if it's a different publisher. Bought Crysis and Crysis Warhead thru EA's store, so when I reinstalled the games on a different computer I just re-downloaded them directly - - easy-peasy ....

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Rubber Feb 12, 2011, 02:10 banddirector

I agree - - WTF? I've lived too long ....

31. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2011, 21:17 banddirector

Longswd wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 18:19:
Diet soda tied to stroke risk, but reasons unclear.

The "reason" is correlative, not causative. People who drink diet soda are concerned about their weight. If they are concerned about their weight it's likely with good reason, i.e. they are heavy. If they are heavy, they have an increased risk of heart disease and stroke.

Is the logic really so torturous that this needs to be explained?

Well put - - I was thinking the exact same thing ....

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2011, 13:34 banddirector

It's probably a New York thing to prevent being able to break a pane of glass in the door and reach in and unlock it

It's the same here - - we have a long strip of glass along side our front door, and although it's a beefy piece of security glass, it's still breakable and would be an easy way to break in. Our deadbolt is keyed on both sides too, but when we're home we leave a key in the inside lock to avoid any fire issues. If someone breaks in when we're home, we would definitely hear the noise ...

BTW, the Encyclopedia Brown reference is *really* dating you!

News Comments > Crysis II System Requirements
20. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 16:09 banddirector

nutshell42 wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 12:25:
I want a single player demo. Some of you might call me crazy but what ruined Crysis I for me was the ridiculous AI behavior.
You could stand 30ft in front of an enemy, in plain sight and he wouldn't see you (no stealth), but the moment you fired one shot every enemy in a 10mi radius would immediately know your location with pinpoint accuracy, even if you were hidden in the deepest jungle. The gunboats were even worse.

I'm replaying Crysis right now, and the only beef I have with the AI is that I can lower myself to the prone position, shoot a KPA soldier using my silenced rifle, and the others around him can't see me because I'm (uncloaked) in the prone position. I've also noticed that when they *do* see me (finally!) they have a much harder time hitting me when I'm prone.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2011, 19:40 banddirector

Ratty wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 12:57:
Totally non-OotB related - no tongues freezing on poles: Who do you guys recommend to build a top-of-the-line gaming computer? I've had good luck with Dell but their Alienware brand doesn't seem to do NVidia plus it's all just so overpriced. I was thinking CyberPower. Their stuff is super customizable and very price competitive but there are an awful lot of bad reviews out there, but most of them quite are old to be fair.

Just did my bi-annual rebuild (which ended up being tri-annual since the last one did so well!) and I was seriously considering Alienware, but they simply wanted too much money for the hardware. Built it myself for more than $1000 less, *and* got way better hardware than the Alienware rig.

I don't have all the time in the world to build computers anymore, but it's so darn easy now (sata cables instead of IDE, better bios, etc.) that it was totally worth it to save the money.

BTW, I bought everything from Newegg and picked price-points for items and got a great deal. I'm still surprised how much can be saved by picking 1 or 2 levels less than bleeding edge and *still* getting a dang fast computer ....

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2011, 17:29 banddirector

I hope Green Bay kicks the snot outta Cutler and the bears next week ....

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2011, 23:19 banddirector

Erebus wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 17:03:
Your picks are fine except the Seahawks are going to beat the Bears. Then they'll host the NFC Championship Game at 9-9 and beat the Packers to represent the NFC in the SuperBowl. The refs will then hand them the SuperBowl they way they handed it to the Steelers when Seattle last played in the Superbowl, and equalibrium will be restored to the universe.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 !!!!!!!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2011, 13:27 banddirector

Try the big Samsung monitor that Costco sells; it's pretty good for the price ....

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2010, 00:57 banddirector

That's almost enough to make me cry ....

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2010, 16:12 banddirector

kxmode wrote on Dec 16, 2010, 12:44:
No, wait... next week's change of seasons is the start of winter. Brrr.

In Soviet New York blizzard consumes you.

I freakin' HATE winter. I wanna ride my motorcycle!!!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2010, 16:06 banddirector

PHJF wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 15:36:
I like the concept of breakfast but eating is simply the LAST THING I want to do after I wake up and get ready for work.

I've never understood *not* eating before starting the day. Didn't your primary school teachers drill this into your head as a child?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 27, 2010, 17:06 banddirector

Yeah, but it's a *really* good cable!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2010, 21:08 banddirector

Dalumberjack wrote on Nov 21, 2010, 18:19:
Happy Bday Blue!

+1 !!!

6. Re: Hawks vs. G-men Nov 7, 2010, 23:24 banddirector

WarPig wrote on Nov 7, 2010, 14:18:
Can't say I'm looking forward to today's Seahawk, Giants game. Just to let you know Blue, Seattle is down to its third string left tackle, second string left guard, and we also lost two starting defensive linemen last week. Not to mention we're starting Charlie Whitehurst at QB (although that might not be all bad - Hasselbeck has been spotty at best so far). Home field advantage will only take us so far and your G-men are playing as well as anyone in the league right now.

I missed out on a great day for motorcycling last Sunday while watching the 'Hawks lose, and I vowed it wouldn't happen again. Thinking they were gonna get spanked again, I eschewed the game for a GREAT ride today. Looks like I made the right decision ....

14. Re: NASA EPOXI Flyby Reveals New Insights Into Comet Features Nov 5, 2010, 16:25 banddirector

nin wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 11:30:
Speaking of special, there was at least one request for photos of the doggies in their Halloween costumes

I never get tired of these! Very cute!

+1

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2010, 13:48 banddirector

Our area is all mail-in balloting, and you can drop off your ballot at certain drop boxes if you want to save a stamp.

Very easy and convenient ...

1886 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo