Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ray

Real Name Ray   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname banddirector
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Band Director in Washington State
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 13, 2002, 17:14
Total Comments 1886 (Pro)
User ID 13624

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: No subject Mar 29, 2008, 16:05 banddirector

The market will deal with Creative. If they make sound cards that provide some kind of value, then people will buy them. If they don't, people will just use the built in sound in the mobos, or buy somebody else's card. So far, I haven't found a solution that works for *me* as well as Creative has, but I'm not beholden to them.

-----------------------------------
There are 3 kinds of people in the world; those who understand math, and those who don't ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: No subject Mar 29, 2008, 13:54 banddirector

I read the article, and I don't have a problem with it. Creative owns rights to their stuff, whether you agree with it or not.

I don't see anything unusual here ...

There are 3 kinds of people in the world; those who understand math, and those who don't ...

15. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2008, 12:29 banddirector

The reason you're getting motion sick is because you're not eating at McDonald's enough ....

News Comments > Creative: Asus EAX Support Lacking
43. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2008, 16:46 banddirector

I've never had any problems with Creative either. In fact, the only time I've *ever* had audio problems was when I tried to use a mobo's built in sound, and it was problematic as hell (channel dropouts, crackle noises). Put the sound blaster audigy back in and everything worked fine.

Currently using X-Fi with Vista, no problems....

20. Re: Hey Blue... Mar 24, 2008, 13:44 banddirector

Don't feel bad, I bought the HD-DVD add-on too, and then scored some cheap HD-DVD's from Amazon on a close out. I figure I can watch the HD-DVDs until I replace them with Blu-Rays, which should give me a couple of years or so. Ain't gonna buy a bd player until they come down in price ...

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. Re: SP1 is fine. Mar 22, 2008, 20:05 banddirector

It has many issues though

More than XP had at the same point in it's development?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: SP1 is fine. Mar 22, 2008, 19:46 banddirector

And yet it's working like a charm for me

Me too. There are so many MS bashers out there who, I swear, just live to complain, condescend, etc. about everything MS does or makes.

Sometimes I wonder if they even own MS products, or if they just bash for bashing's sake....

22. Re: Cleanest Cities... Mar 21, 2008, 17:27 banddirector

Orlando is number 4! Then again most of our trash is just here for a week doing the Disney thing and leaves

You will then be happy to know that me and the Mrs. will be there for about 10 days this June ...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Vista Upgrades Mar 18, 2008, 22:01 banddirector

Any problems? I'm chicken to try it ...

19. Wow Mar 17, 2008, 18:06 banddirector

I'd heard there were some Irish-Scot issues out there, but I guess I had to read them here to find out how venomous they really are ...

8. Re: No subject Mar 17, 2008, 13:48 banddirector

But the fact remains that she did break the rules prior to the incident.

She said she was going home sick. Ain't there any common sense out there? Sheesh....

On an unrelated note, let the Sonics move to OKC. Somebody else can have a crappy team ....

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: MS bashing Mar 15, 2008, 21:50 banddirector

wtf - - you make some good points, but I'm a contented Vista user who only has 2 gripes:

1) Crysis is a little slower with Vista (OK, so are most games, but Crysis was the only one it was noticeable).

2) Some of my legacy software wouldn't install under Vista, so I have XP available via dual boot.

I don't mind UAC; it's just not that big of a deal. I swear all the arguments made about XP over Win98 are all the same arguments being made now about Vista over XP. Except Vista has more features, and is more secure.

Faster hardware will catch up with Vista's footprint. And then people will bitch about Windows 7 being a hardware hog ...

7. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2008, 21:41 banddirector

And to all of those with B-day's in March, Happy Early B-day

Mine's the 18th, so thank you.

BTW - - a couple of days ago there was a partial thread on the virtues/hassles of living in Florida, more specifically in the Orlando area. I supported the idea, citing Florida has great weather, hot babes, palm trees, and shuttle launches. Detractors claimed bad drivers, bad old drivers, tourists, no seasons, hot beach water on a hot day sucks, spiders and snakes everywhere, crime and overcrowding.

You live around there, and so I'd love your take - - why (or why not) should someone move to Florida?

17. Re: No subject Mar 14, 2008, 16:46 banddirector

I got to drive a Prius that my wife was using (gov. issue for a road trip) and I have to admit it was surprisingly nice. A lot of luxury features, really quiet, really good gas mileage, and plenty of zip, too. If I had to commute any distance at all for work, I would seriously consider one. I wouldn't plan on keeping the car for more than about 8 years anyway, so I wouldn't worry about long term batt issues.

You should test drive one before you decide ...

3. Re: shitty ass company Mar 14, 2008, 11:46 banddirector

Be glad you don't rely on Comcast.

What, you mean it's not "Comcastic"?

News Comments > EA Attempts Hostile Take-Two Takeover
53. Re: F*** EA Mar 13, 2008, 17:27 banddirector

OK! I would have put up with it until you got to the spiders/snakes one...

nin you weenie - - are you afraid of snakes?

How about snakes on a motherf***in' plane?

News Comments > EA Attempts Hostile Take-Two Takeover
13. Re: Huh... Mar 13, 2008, 10:25 banddirector

and the fact that I hated Florida

What's wrong with Florida? Great weather, palm trees, beaches, hot babes, not to mention cool stuff like shuttle launches - - what's not to like?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2008, 10:12 banddirector

nin, you got some cognitive slippage issues there ...

Although I generally like Vista, I got tired of all the BS issues with running Crysis on it, and just played it (several times) on XP. Unpatched. The 1.1 patch caused too many save game issues.

Hopefully by the time a Crysis expansion pack comes along, Crysis/MS/Nvidia will have their act together and make it work with Vista.

23. Re: No subject Mar 10, 2008, 19:22 banddirector

Don't get me started on DST, again.

And here I thought that BluesNewsers were a little more educated than average. You're all just a bunch of DST hating unwashed heathens ...

12. Re: END IT NOW! Mar 9, 2008, 23:42 banddirector

I couldn't care less about what time the sunrise and sunset is

You would if you lived a little further north. In the summer, up here (WA) it's dawn around 4:45 AM, and dusk is around 10. If they *didn't* do the "daylight saving time" thing, dawn would be at 3:45 AM - - which, from my perspective, is ridiculous.

I can understand why folks down south don't want the change, because the sunrise/sets are about the same. But up here it does make a difference ...

1886 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo