Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ray

Real Name Ray   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname banddirector
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Band Director in Washington State
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 13, 2002, 17:14
Total Comments 1886 (Pro)
User ID 13624

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2013, 17:40 banddirector

InBlack wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 09:58:
Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 09:27:
I don't think we need a new Battlestar series so soon, we had a nice long run already and a few failed offshoots, some TV movies and etc. I love sci-fi stuff but there's room for some new ideas.

Agreed, I would prefer a proper Star Trek series. And none of that fantasy Enterprise prequel bullshit, we need a new series with a new Enterprise captain set in TNGs future, with Admiral Picard maybe making a cameo (and maybe some of the old crew) making a few cameos.

With the new Enterprise loaded for bear and blasting the crap outta them ruffian aliens that deserve it ....

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Valve Layoffs
16. Re: More Valve Layoffs Feb 14, 2013, 01:14 banddirector

I never did understand why they let the HL episodes just die on the vine.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 16:44 banddirector

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 15:14:
Prez wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 14:14:
What the hell happened to Seattle? They were beat like red-headed stepchildren that first half.

Gettin schooled hard.

Really? The `Hawks, who *nobody* thought would even make the playoffs, let alone win a game, were 25 seconds from knocking off the #1 seed.

The Packers, however, were the team who were "schooled hard" ...

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2012, 23:46 banddirector

mag wrote on Dec 23, 2012, 22:07:
Holy shit, Seattle/49ers. I figured this one could go either way.

I believe Cutter mentioned that an SF victory was a lock.

Eat some crow ....

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2012, 18:54 banddirector

Well, Creston was right to pick against my 'Hawks: if they can't win on the road against a bad team, then they're "pretenders, not contenders". The Seahawks always seem to choke after a bye, especially on the road for a "morning" game .....

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2012, 20:38 banddirector

Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 18:05:
God, that Texans - Lions game was like Ineptitude 101. And DAMMIT, I know I should have gone with my gut and picked the damn Redskins. Fucking cowboys.

Anyway, the rest of my picks: Bears, Bengals, Steelers, Colts, Broncos, Dolphins, Falcons, Titans, Ravens, Cardinals, Saints, Packers and... I can't even think of Carolina's team name they suck so bad, but they suck less than the Eagles. So Carolina. Panthers?

Creston

Ack - - you're picking the 'Fins over the 'Hawks? No wonder you lost picking the Cowboys!

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2012, 02:20 banddirector

Acleacius wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 14:39:
Happy Birthday Blue! Cake

+1 !!!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2012, 15:22 banddirector

OMG - - Hostess, the parent company of Twinkies, Ding Dongs, etc. just bit the dust.

Shall we all pause for a moment of silence ....

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2012, 17:42 banddirector

Jivaro wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 16:11:
banddirector wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 16:02:
This week I guarantee the Giants will not lose.

I make the same guarantee about the Seahawks!

Screwed up my fantasy football roster having those two teams and Tennessee go on the BYE at the same time. I have had Marshawn Lynch(RB), Chris Johnson(RB), Nate Wahington(WR) and Lawrence Tynes(K) all on my roster. I had to drop Tynes and Washington and replace them with Gould and Woodhead. I guess it could have been worse.

Ouch! That sucks. That's just bad luck - - did you trip a little old lady lately or something to bring on the bad karma? ;-)

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2012, 16:02 banddirector

This week I guarantee the Giants will not lose.

I make the same guarantee about the Seahawks!

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 15:40 banddirector

This is why the States should have the power to regulate their own state rather than the bloated fed lording over everyone. The tax money they would make by legalizing would be astounding.

And that's why WA state passed it - - we don't have an income tax ...

18. Re: Fox Still Owns The Original Nov 3, 2012, 12:23 banddirector

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 09:39:
So many questions, so few answers. Starting with even if Disney could make a deal with Fox to Blu-ray the original film, is the original film/negative in an usable state? Will Fox even be willing to make any deals? They strike me as the kind of company which might say, "We own it, screw you. We'll just keep releasing it as it is." Until we learn there are signed contracts saying otherwise, I'm going to assume that Fox will be an obstacle to anything I might want/like to see happen.

Disney's so loaded I wouldn't be surprised if they bought out Fox as well - - problem solved!!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2012, 12:15 banddirector

Rigs wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 17:54:

On a personal level, however, I'm a major snow fanatic, so I'm all for the blizzards, Nor'Easters and lake effect. Which brings up the question, 'What's the one way to make a snow fanatic miserable?'

Move to FL... Sigh

yeah...

=-Rigs-=

After a life of living where there's snow every year, I can't stand the stuff any more. I would LOVE to move to Florida where I can ride my motorcycle year 'round. On the other hand, maybe *not* being able to ride part of the year makes it all that much sweeter when I can. That, and Florida's pretty flat - - I wonder if I'd miss the mountain rides .....

53. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 14:08 banddirector

rist3903 wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 13:53:
Thanks for your tireless service when you are able to provide it by the way, Blue.

+ 1 !!!!!!!!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2012, 13:24 banddirector

Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 12:22:
OMFG I was ready to snap last night! I think I just sat and stared at the TV without blinking for a full five minutes at the end of last night's game untill I blurted out, 'Are you fucking kidding me?'. Who the fuck was refing that? Stevie Wonder? Ok Goodell you prick, get this dispute settled. Holy blue flaming Jesus! This league makes billions and they can't afford to give the real refs a bit more - for what's really a pittance to the owners?!

Every team has been getting screwed now, some in completely unacceptable way like last night. I was amazed that even the generally neutral commentators were sounding really pissed off and talking long and loud about how this left a bad taste in their mouths and this situation needs to get sorted out PDQ!

Wow, just fucking wow!

That's the Cutter response I was expecting!

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2012, 00:07 banddirector

I'm surprised Cutter hasn't commented yet - - he must be apoplectic ...

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 20:33 banddirector

banddirector wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 17:39:
Ugh - - local fires around here has made the air quality so bad that it literally pegged out the scale - - the air quality measurement scale goes from 0 - 500 and it went to 500 (we're currently at 492).

See https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/enviwa/Default.ltr.aspx and click on Wenatchee.

I sent Blue a cool pic of what it looked like before the air inversion kicked in. I'll see if I can find a link to the pic ...

I found the photog's site, and the picture is the 5th one on the page ...

http://www.bksecret.com/photography/photoblog/

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2012, 17:39 banddirector

Ugh - - local fires around here has made the air quality so bad that it literally pegged out the scale - - the air quality measurement scale goes from 0 - 500 and it went to 500 (we're currently at 492).

See https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/enviwa/Default.ltr.aspx and click on Wenatchee.

I sent Blue a cool pic of what it looked like before the air inversion kicked in. I'll see if I can find a link to the pic ...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 11:56 banddirector

The drivers in your area don't know a flashing red means stop? How stupid *are* the drivers in your area ?!?!?!?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2012, 17:41 banddirector

nin wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 17:18:
Hoop wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 16:25:
Only just offically started Winter here & it's snowing, we are at sea level so this used to happen every 8 years or so but now it's a yearly occurrence usually around August. Snow day!

I'd kill for some damn snow right now. Live it up, Hoop!

I guess it all matters where you live. I'm so sick of F'ing snow I could go the rest of my life without it. I guess I need to move to Georgia ....

1886 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo