Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gerry Corcoran

Real Name Gerry Corcoran   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parallax Abstraction
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://geekbravado.com
Signed On Jul 12, 2002, 18:05
Total Comments 3197 (Veteran)
User ID 13614

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed
91. Re: Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed Feb 28, 2010, 02:25 Parallax Abstraction

I had a pretty spirited debate with a former industry person about this issue on Twitter tonight. He claims to know several major people at Blizzard and that they have told him StarCraft 2, Diablo 3 and any title that uses Battle.net 2.0 will make use of very similar DRM that will require you to be online all the time, even to play the single player portions of their games. He obviously wouldn't say who he knows so this isn't confirmed or anything but if that's true, expect this issue to become a way bigger stink than it even is now.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Mass Effect 2 Cerberus DLC Next Month
3. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Cerberus DLC Next Month Feb 26, 2010, 12:10 Parallax Abstraction

This pretty much sums up my opinion on this free-to-people-who-buy-new DLC issue. Piracy and ridiculous DRM are one thing but no one is required to give you extra content for free when you bought a used copy of the game they didn't see a cent from. You want to save money by buying used, they aren't saying you can't but then you don't get all the free stuff people who actually supported them get,  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Legal Briefs
3. removed Feb 24, 2010, 17:38 Parallax Abstraction

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 25, 2010, 08:08.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > No WinXP Support in Just Cause 2
72. Re: No WinXP Support in Just Cause 2 Feb 23, 2010, 19:31 Parallax Abstraction

LMN8R wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 17:14:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 16:58:
I don't consider Vista to be a valid OS.
That's your problem, then.

Unfortunately your your constant arrogant trolling and shilling for Microsoft is everyone's problem on here.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away"
19. Re: Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away" Feb 23, 2010, 11:22 Parallax Abstraction

I'll be blown away if the game just isn't a broken mess when it's released and still doesn't have major issues multiple patches later like every other Battlefield game. Even Bad Company 1 and 1943 on consoles had broken matchmaking and lag issues at launch that it took them weeks to fix.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Warner Bros. Acquires Rocksteady Studios
3. Re: Warner Bros. Acquires Rocksteady Studios Feb 23, 2010, 11:20 Parallax Abstraction

I hope those guys got a huge pay day cause they've earned it.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > SouthPeak Salvation?
3. Re: SouthPeak Salvation? Feb 23, 2010, 01:10 Parallax Abstraction

SouthPeak's a bunch of crooks. Them failing can't happen soon enough in my opinion. Hopefully the pile of developers and contractors suing them for failed payments can get their stuff recovered first though.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Interzone Intrigue
6. Re: Interzone Intrigue Feb 21, 2010, 22:22 Parallax Abstraction

Gotta' love the American way of doing business. "I don't care who gets screwed over as long as I get what I want!" Not that this sort of thing doesn't happen elsewhere too but it's funny how much more often it's a US CEO who's involved.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Free Bad Company 2 LE Upgrade for Preorders
1. Re: Free Bad Company 2 LE Upgrade for Preorders Feb 17, 2010, 18:42 Parallax Abstraction

Umm...this LE upgrade has been known about for a long time. They're just announcing it now...?  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > New ATI Drivers With Game Profiles Released
2. Re: New ATI Drivers With Game Profiles Released Feb 17, 2010, 16:13 Parallax Abstraction

I hope these drivers actually work on my Palit 4850 rather than show a Code 31 error.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > SouthPeak in Trouble?
1. Re: SouthPeak in Trouble? Feb 17, 2010, 14:02 Parallax Abstraction

Won't be sad to see this crooked company and the crooks who run it being run out of business.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Shattered Horizon Free This Weekend
8. Re: Shattered Horizon Free This Weekend Feb 17, 2010, 12:54 Parallax Abstraction

I bought this during the Steam sale and I actually really like it. It's a very different take on online FPS. Problem is that because of the high system requirements (which it didn't need because while it looks good, I don't see where it really benefits from needing DX10), not many people bought it and fewer have stuck around. I used my 3-day passes on two friends and while they both enjoyed it, the population was too low to convince them to buy it. I'm hoping this free weekend combined with the new maps will breathe new life into it as it's a really good and more important, unique idea. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend giving it a shot this weekend.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Shattered Horizon: Moonrise Rises
1. Re: Shattered Horizon: Moonrise Rises Feb 16, 2010, 14:58 Parallax Abstraction

I hope this brings some players back. I really enjoy this game but there has never been a large population playing it and it has only dwindled over time. It's a shame because it's a really good game but they limited their audience so much with the high requirements for a game that honestly, I don't think benefits from them in any significant way.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Codemasters Expands
4. Re: Codemasters Expands Feb 16, 2010, 13:02 Parallax Abstraction

Anonymous wrote on Feb 16, 2010, 12:10:
Codemasters are the ones behind Operation: Flashpoint.

They aren't actually. Bohemia Interactive developed that game, Codemasters just published it. Bohemia split off from them but Codemasters got to keep the name, hence the laughable Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Bohemia's since developed ArmA and ArmA II which are spiritual sequels to the original Operation Flashpoint.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Descent, Earthworm Jim, Dark Alliance, and MDK Revivals Set?
5. Re: Descent, Earthworm Jim, Dark Alliance, and MDK Revivals Set? Feb 12, 2010, 15:06 Parallax Abstraction

Anyone who gives Herve Caen money is asking to get screwed and will 100% deserve it.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2010, 15:07.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > No PC Dead Space 2
8. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Feb 8, 2010, 21:36 Parallax Abstraction

Didn't people hate the PC version of the first one, generally saying it was a lousy console port? If that's the case, would anyone even care that DS2 isn't coming for PC?  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Dudebro II Announced
8. Re: Dudebro II Announced Feb 8, 2010, 12:22 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Feb 8, 2010, 11:00:
Sounds like something stupid the Running With Scissors gang would cook up...that or Mike Wilson.

Well, it is NeoGAF.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > BioWare on Mass Effect 3, MDK 3, and More
7. Re: BioWare on Mass Effect 3, MDK 3, and More Feb 7, 2010, 18:24 Parallax Abstraction

I'm sure they could buy the MDK IP from Interplay for about $50 right now. Hell, they could probably just buy Interplay for $50.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Catalyst Hotfix
4. Re: Catalyst Hotfix Feb 6, 2010, 12:05 Parallax Abstraction

I wonder if these drivers will actually install without blowing up on my Palit 4850. 9.12 is fine but I tried these and they went yellow flagged in Device Manager and CCC said no driver was found.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > The Grinder to PCs
7. Re: The Grinder to PCs Feb 5, 2010, 00:09 Parallax Abstraction

350K in this age is considered a failure on next-gen systems and maybe break even on the Wii. For a third party Wii game, the actual sales numbers are stellar compared to the norm but financially, it probably didn't make anyone any money. Don't forget that High Voltage developed an entire engine for this game that they're trying to license in addition to the game itself. It probably wasn't the most expensive Wii game but it certainly wasn't cheap. Sega has also said that it sold below expectations. I guess what will tell for sure is whether or not they announce a sequel. Since this was supposed to be their second Wii exclusive though and they're now putting it on other systems, my theory (and it is only a theory) is that they aren't expecting the Wii version alone to be able to recoup its expenses.  
Parallax Abstraction

3197 Comments. 160 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo