Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gerry Corcoran

Real Name Gerry Corcoran   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parallax Abstraction
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://geekbravado.com
Signed On Jul 12, 2002, 18:05
Total Comments 3282 (Veteran)
User ID 13614

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Bungie's MMOG Confirmed
7. Re: Bungie's MMOG Confirmed Mar 4, 2011, 07:55 Parallax Abstraction

bhcompy wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 23:30:
So will it be washed out looking with generic weapons and gameplay?

Don't forget the ridiculous and utterly incomprehensible fiction and horrendous sound design!

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV
4. Re: Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV Feb 28, 2011, 13:28 Parallax Abstraction

My guess is that this is only the first step of a long-term strategy. Valve probably eventually wants to compete with services like OnLive by making it easy to have a mini PC on your TV that can act like a game console but is in fact a PC. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Steam branded micro-console like device in the next year or two.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > TDU2 Free DLC
2. Re: TDU2 Free DLC Feb 23, 2011, 15:57 Parallax Abstraction

Mr. Anisotonic wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 15:30:
And here's the open letter from the community to the developers, listing our official, non-negotiable requests for fixes and features:

http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=34175

They better "spend a great deal of time" looking at it, considering the huge amount of support is has.

Not that I disagree with voicing your concerns and complaints to the developer but what do you mean non-negotiable? If those things aren't implemented, what do you plan to do? You can't get a refund on the game. I suppose you can boycott Atari as a group but given how little they put out lately and the fact that they'll probably be bankrupt in a year or two, do you expect that to have much impact? I'm not trying to be snide, I am just curious what your plan of action is if (rather when) they don't act on these suggestions.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior Sells a Million
9. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior Sells a Million Feb 17, 2011, 12:18 Parallax Abstraction

I'm guessing the majority of those million sales were to the bro crowd who never buy anything but Halo and Call of Duty and saw this as another game in that vein. These are people who don't read reviews but if they hear something's like one of the other things they buy regularly, they jump on it. I'm guessing the second one will bomb now that all those people know what they bought.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak
4. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 12, 2011, 15:47 Parallax Abstraction

And who is downloading it and playing it instead of purchasing the game like honest people would? Oh right, the pirates.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > The Darkness II Announced
10. Re: The Darkness II Announced Feb 8, 2011, 12:20 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 11:21:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 11:19:
nin wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 10:00:
I didn't think the original did well enough for a sequel?

It ended up selling over a million copies.

No shit? I had no idea - I assumed it bombed.

I was surprised too. But then again, Pachter predicted it would fail and when he predicts something, you can always presume the opposite.

I really hope this ends up being good. Digital Extremes hasn't put out anything impressive in a long time (Dark Sector was OK but that's about it) but I hope they can pull this off.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Test Drive Unlimited 2
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Test Drive Unlimited 2 Feb 8, 2011, 12:18 Parallax Abstraction

JayDeath wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 12:15:
Are we gonna have people in the city this time around or will I be driving through a ghost town like the last game?

I'd be happy if the cars just don't drive like Matchbox toys on pivots.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Test Drive Unlimited 2
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Test Drive Unlimited 2 Feb 8, 2011, 11:57 Parallax Abstraction

Wow, Atari must have no money left for PR. I had no idea from any sites or podcasts that this was anywhere near shipping yet.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > The Darkness II Announced
5. Re: The Darkness II Announced Feb 8, 2011, 11:19 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 10:00:
I didn't think the original did well enough for a sequel?

It ended up selling over a million copies.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Remedy Cofounder Joins Rovio
5. Re: Remedy Cofounder Joins Rovio Feb 6, 2011, 14:56 Parallax Abstraction

I hope he enjoyes his career of cranking out endless sequels and DLC for a hugely overrated physics puzzle game. Riveting stuff.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Duty Calls
10. Re: Duty Calls Feb 2, 2011, 15:40 Parallax Abstraction

No time to put together a Bulletstorm PC demo but they have time to do this.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Magicka Patched
8. Re: Magicka Patched Jan 29, 2011, 15:16 Parallax Abstraction

Halo wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 23:12:
I know I'd like to see what he would say if they didn't fix it.

It's Icewind. He'll pick a reason to troll out of any news story.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > On Magicka's Bugs
2. Re: On Magicka's Bugs Jan 28, 2011, 12:36 Parallax Abstraction

Yeah cause pushing out a buggy product and then playing the sympathy card totally leads to higher sales. I mean, this has been proven as a solid marketing vehicle for years now.

Seriously, think before you post Icewind. For once.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Pachter vs. Gamer's Voice
4. Re: Pachter vs. Gamer's Voice Jan 25, 2011, 16:22 Parallax Abstraction

That the gaming press continues to lazily rely on this useless hack for quotes shows just how little actual "journalism" there is in this industry.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Homefront Specs and Campaign Length
17. Re: Homefront Specs and Campaign Length Jan 25, 2011, 07:43 Parallax Abstraction

Icewind wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 22:01:
8 hours is ridiculously short. HL1 was 3 times that and HL2 was a solid 14.

It's sad that so many people think that's acceptable. Then again, most of these older "OMG I GOTZ KIDZ AND AN UGLY WIFE NOW BAWWWWWWW" gamers want a game they can pound out in 2 hours and then brag to their other 40+ year old gamer wannabe friends that they beat something other than a casual kiddie game for once in their miserable post-gamer retired life.

If it took you 24 hours to beat Half-Life, you must have been really bad at it because it was shorter or at most, the same length as Half-Life 2.

As for this campaign's length, history shows that is PR says it's 8 hour, they probably mean 6. Unfortunately, the success of Call of Duty has set the bar for things like this quite now. If it actually has a strong, meaningful narrative, I could forgive the length but this being "from the writer of Red Dawn" doesn't inspire me.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Legal Fallout Escalates
2. Re: Legal Fallout Escalates Jan 21, 2011, 11:04 Parallax Abstraction

And the Caen brothers are lying scumbags who led Interplay into a death spiral and then profited from the remains while they screwed over their employees.

There's probably wrong doing on both sides in this matter but Interplay will make any claim they can to keep paycheques coming for the Caens.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 20, 2011, 21:45 Parallax Abstraction

Pachter: No one cares what you have to say because you're never right.

Press: Stop being so lazy and tripping over yourselves to quote this hack.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Romero and Hall Form Loot Drop
6. Re: Romero and Hall Form Loot Drop Jan 20, 2011, 13:29 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 13:15:
Hey, it works for Mike Wilson, right?

Well, Devolver Digital is still operational. How successful it is I don't know but presumably it's keeping food on his table. Mike Wilson's certainly not perfect but at least he has some business experience and a number of published titles with decent reviews. The only thing of significance on Romero's resume is that he worked on Doom.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Romero and Hall Form Loot Drop
3. Re: Romero and Hall Form Loot Drop Jan 20, 2011, 13:09 Parallax Abstraction

I guess John Romero just figures that if he starts enough companies, the large of large numbers means one of them will end up succeeding.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Propaganda Games Closed
18. Re: Propaganda Games Closed Jan 20, 2011, 07:42 Parallax Abstraction

It's weird because I've heard TRON 2.0 come up on a number of podcasts lately (including ones that appreciate good PC games) and almost all of them thought it was mediocre or just bad. That still surprises me because it was wellr eviewed at the time and I thought it made fantastic use of the universe and had some really unique gameplay we haven't really seen since. I'm not sure what they think was so poor about it.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

3282 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo