Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gerry Corcoran

Real Name Gerry Corcoran   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parallax Abstraction
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://geekbravado.com
Signed On Jul 12, 2002, 18:05
Total Comments 3157 (Veteran)
User ID 13614

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > SEGA Profits Rise
2. Re: SEGA Profits Rise May 17, 2010, 10:49 Parallax Abstraction

AvP was a critical flop but unfortunately, it seems a well known brand can still sell something, even if it's crap.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metaverse
2. Re: Metaverse May 10, 2010, 16:44 Parallax Abstraction

Zynga is a scumbag company with a scambag CEO. I hope their games go to Hell, that's where they belong.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Alpha Protocol DRM Details
18. Re: Alpha Protocol DRM Details May 2, 2010, 21:17 Parallax Abstraction

I seem to recall revocation being available but maybe that happened after the fact. I also don't think that if it had been as Sega is doing it with Alpha Protocol, that the response would have been any different. The rhetoric then was "activation sucks", not "activation's fine as long as it's done this way." I fully admit that Sega's doing activation in probably the best way possible this time but I also think people's attitudes to activation in general have become a lot more tolerant is all. I'm glad Sega has agreed to remove it but given that most major publishers have a weak record of living up to their promises, I think I'll believe it when I see it personally. Was the DRM ever removed from Sacred 2? I know that Ascaron commited to that but given that Ascaron is out of business now, I wonder what will happen now.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Alpha Protocol DRM Details
7. Re: Alpha Protocol DRM Details May 2, 2010, 18:01 Parallax Abstraction

You know, I seem to recall when BioShock was released, it used a scheme almost exactly like this and people went loco. Interesting to see how Ubisoft's system has since lowered the bar of expectations. Though I admit that 2K didn't commit to patching out the DRM (which hasn't been removed, it's just got unlimited activations but is still tied to the servers), this scheme isn't any different than that one but it seems to be OK now. Interesting that.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Infinity Ward Exodus at 26
7. Re: Infinity Ward Exodus at 26 Apr 27, 2010, 10:39 Parallax Abstraction

But...but...Michael Pachter said the exodus would be tiny and overall have little to no impact on IW! I mean it's Pachter, he can't be wrong can he?!  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 26, 2010, 13:43 Parallax Abstraction

I did read the article. And the reason the Metal Gear games don't come out on the Xbox anymore is that those re-releases flopped. As I understand it, the updating of the first title in the Solid series on the Gamecube also didn't do that well. There's a reason why MGS4 for the 360 has never been announced beyond just technical ones. It makes no sense for EA to spend the money porting Mass Effect 3 only to the PS3 or even 2 and 3 because it's a trilogy series, meaning that it takes all 3 games to tell the whole story. If you're a PS3 owner who hasn't played the series, it won't make sense to jump in at ME3.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 26, 2010, 13:01 Parallax Abstraction

Yeah, cause putting only the 3rd game of a trilogy storyline on the PS3 makes perfect sense and will result in a ton of sales. Michael Pachter: Still getting money and press for being a complete idiot.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 22, 2010, 00:15 Parallax Abstraction

This just in: Michael Pachter is still a two-bit hack that the gaming press lazily trips over themselves to quote and never call out the 75%+ of the times he's wrong. That he's quoted so often is proof of what is wrong with gaming "journalism" these days.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Warner Bros Acquires Turbine, Remaining LOTR Rights
8. Re: Warner Bros Acquires Turbine, Remaining LOTR Rights Apr 20, 2010, 22:33 Parallax Abstraction

They just recently announced its 3rd expansion. In what way has it been neglected?  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Lord of Ultima Live
8. Re: Lord of Ultima Live Apr 20, 2010, 13:34 Parallax Abstraction

That's exactly what I was thinking! How long till they start marketing it with massive boob banner ads?  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Ubisoft's "Green" Packaging
5. Re: Ubisoft's "Green" Packaging Apr 19, 2010, 21:38 Parallax Abstraction

Right, cause taking out the manuals is all about being good to the environment and not reducing costs another few cents to the detriment of consumer value.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM "Vital" To PC Success
54. Re: Ubisoft: DRM Apr 16, 2010, 15:56 Parallax Abstraction

Congrats Jerykk, you're part of the reason Ubisoft thinks this kind of crap is necessary in the first place. Funny how you say you'll buy games when they reach a price that's acceptable to you but since you've said before you'd never buy a game that used this DRM, I guess now you're just content with stealing it as some form of moral protest right? "I want to play this game and well, Ubisoft did something I didn't like so I can use that to justify playing without paying!" The way you can justify ripping people off is sad. This DRM is a plague and people like you are why companies think they need it.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Remedy "Too Small" for PC Alan Wake
7. Re: Remedy "Too Small" for PC Alan Wake Mar 31, 2010, 20:30 Parallax Abstraction

This game was originally announced and marketed in trailers as being for both platforms so how did they realise this late that they are too small to handle it? Weak excuse guys, just don't answer the question if that's the best you can come up with.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Hot Coffee Payouts Coming
17. Re: Hot Coffee Payouts Coming Mar 30, 2010, 13:35 Parallax Abstraction

No, it was rated M. It was recalled and rated AO after this fiasco until they could permanently patch out the sex game, at which point it was rated M again. It was never rated T.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > NVIDIA 400 Series Reviews
20. Re: NVIDIA 400 Series Reviews Mar 27, 2010, 12:30 Parallax Abstraction

So I was wondering something. Does anyone have any knowledge on the benefits of CUDA? NVIDIA's been really hyping this lately and I'm probably going to be getting into video editing with Premiere this year. Does it really result in significant performance improvements or is it relatively marginal? I've been enjoying ATI for quite some time and I know they're supposedly working on their own version of CUDA but no one really supports it yet. Is CUDA even worth considering or should I just throw a better CPU at Premiere instead?  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Atari on GOG.com
10. Re: Atari on GOG.com Mar 25, 2010, 12:12 Parallax Abstraction

Master of Orion = Done and done. Would like the second one more but I'm sure that'll arrive eventually. My business partner is a huge Master of Magic nut, I'll probably gift him that.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > PC Gamer on "Bad Company 2 Patch Fiasco"
3. Re: PC Gamer on "Bad Company 2 Patch Fiasco" Mar 17, 2010, 23:01 Parallax Abstraction

I've been playing all evening with the new patch and haven't run into any of the problems being discussed. Not sure what's up, maybe it's something on the server side for some hosts.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > On Infinity Ward Royalties
11. Re: On Infinity Ward Royalties Mar 12, 2010, 12:12 Parallax Abstraction

Ravor wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 10:57:
Didn't they announced the other week that they've got 25 million unique accounts, so I'd assume that means they've sold 25 million copies?

A certain number of those probably include people on consoles playing either used or borrowed copies of the game. I believe the last sales milestone they reported was 15M copies which is still absolutely insane which 1M is considered a hit.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Server Fixes Follow-up
5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Server Fixes Follow-up Mar 8, 2010, 12:38 Parallax Abstraction

It still blows me away when people get surprised about a botched DICE launch. This has happened with literally every title they've released in recent memory except maybe Mirror's Edge. All the PC Battlefield games was broken and needed multiple patches and Bad Company 1 and BF1943 on consoles all had these same server capacity issues at launch. I'm happy to see that the game is apparently blowing away expectations since I think it kills Modern Warfare and that franchise needs a worthy competitor. But DICE's MO seems to be lowballing the initial server capacity and then scaling it up when they know what the sales are so they don't spend anything they don't have to. This is just what they do. It's ridiculous but also not surprising.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Public Beta Preloads
6. Re: R.U.S.E. Public Beta Preloads Mar 6, 2010, 12:04 Parallax Abstraction

I'm honestly surprised too. Remember when you used to see games that were to have StarForce on them having their demos protected too? That was apparently done so that people couldn't use the demo's EXE as a means to backwards engineer the final product. I figured something similar could be done here but since this is only the multiplayer beta and there's no save's to put on the Ubisoft servers, maybe they don't need it.  
Parallax Abstraction

3157 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo