Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gerry Corcoran

Real Name Gerry Corcoran   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parallax Abstraction
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://geekbravado.com
Signed On Jul 12, 2002, 18:05
Total Comments 3282 (Veteran)
User ID 13614

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Revival Possibilities
10. Re: EA Revival Possibilities Aug 18, 2011, 12:25 Parallax Abstraction

Iurand wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 12:20:
Creston wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 11:54:
HOW ABOUT YOU MAKE A NEW ULTIMA, YOU FUCK.

They've made a new Origin, though.

Oh NO you di'int!

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support
15. Re: Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support Aug 17, 2011, 13:53 Parallax Abstraction

I'll rent this on 360, blow through the campaign in an afternoon, play about an hour of the multiplayer, realise it's still not very good, full of cheaters and nade spammers and send it back.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Dishonored Interviews
2. Re: Dishonored Interviews Aug 17, 2011, 00:04 Parallax Abstraction

Is it Darkest of Days you're thinking of perhaps?  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Epic Working on 5 New Games, Unreal Engine 4, Has PC Plans
1. Re: Epic Working on 5 New Games, Unreal Engine 4, Has PC Plans Aug 16, 2011, 11:15 Parallax Abstraction

Talk is cheap Mr. Capps. Epic has said a lot about the PC before that they haven't followed through on. Back up what you say and I'll start to take it more seriously.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin
20. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 11, 2011, 16:33 Parallax Abstraction

What I can't figure out is what's the benefit of having to use your browser to find servers instead of just doing it through the game? How does doing it through the web improve the experience for either the player OR EA?  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Alpha Centauri TMs
3. Re: Alpha Centauri TMs Aug 11, 2011, 11:53 Parallax Abstraction

Alpha Centari is one of my favourite games of all time. It does scare me though that since 2K owns Firaxis, they wouldn't make it. Games like that are unfortunately very niche now and EA is not interested in niche stuff anymore. A good developer could make this awesome but yeah, if this becomes more Facebook micro-transaction shovelware, I will have to declare vendetta.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > No Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo
10. Re: No Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo Aug 11, 2011, 08:40 Parallax Abstraction

If I recall, these games never got demos on the 360 or the PS3 either until the last one and even that was just a multiplayer beta. I thought that's what this was supposed to be as well.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > DRIVER San Francisco PC Delayed, No Demo, Mac Version TBD
14. Re: DRIVER San Francisco PC Delayed, No Demo, Mac Version TBD Aug 11, 2011, 08:36 Parallax Abstraction

Rhett wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 22:06:
It's out on 360 at the very least, and it's pretty boring/bland with bad writing. Cars feel like tanks, even.

Can't really recommend it to anyone...

Check out Dirt 3 or GRiD if you need to get your race on.

This. I tried the 360 demo last night and it's pretty bad. It's weird because they clearly put some work into their engine (the cars look great and it never dipped below 60FPS) but the writing was bad, the driving model was terrible and the way they attempt to explain the "shifting" mechanic is so stupid I was like "They aren't serious with this are they?" You aren't missing much with this.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
4. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 10:59 Parallax Abstraction

Wow, way to kick the hornet's nest right when you're at the height of trying to sell your new product Tim.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Team Bondi Assets Sold
3. Re: Team Bondi Assets Sold Aug 9, 2011, 22:45 Parallax Abstraction

entr0py wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 22:21:
I wonder what IP Team Bondi owned. L.A. Noire was their first and only game. And I would assume that Rockstar owns the IP rights.

They basically have nothing except their equipment and what staff hasn't run for the hills. Rockstar owns LA Noire and their face scanning technology is owned by another company they created to manage it. No one seems to know if that was part of this deal or not. Without either of those things, they really have very little to offer. Supposedly many former Team Bondi members went to work for KMM to get away from Bondi and Brendan McNamara's reign of terror and now they're terrified that he may be in charge of them again. This guy's a scumbag and it's really sad to see him keep getting bailed out of the messes he causes.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > THQ Closes Studios, Drops MX vs. ATV For Now
2. Re: THQ Closes Studios, Drops MX vs. ATV For Now Aug 9, 2011, 22:37 Parallax Abstraction

At the rate THQ is slashing studios, they're not going to have many developers left soon. It really appears like they've backed the wrong horse with Danny Bilson. Every major AAA title that's been released in his time at THQ has at very least not met expectations and in many cases, been an outright flop. They've been slashing staff and studios like mad trying to stop the bleeding but his initiatives are really not working out.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 8, 2011, 11:58 Parallax Abstraction

AMD's getting into the RAM business? Good lord why? There's like no margin in it anymore. A whole bunch of companies are desperately trying to get out of it.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 7, 2011, 23:07 Parallax Abstraction

I thought one of the major reasons to use UAC was because its design made it impossible for malware to disable it? Guess that didn't work out so far. I had been recommending my residential clients leave it enabled because it offered a lot of additional behind the scenes benefits that went just beyond the prompts. Doesn't look like there's much point now.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 7, 2011, 22:55 Parallax Abstraction

Jerykk wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 20:48:
Also, there's some leaked footage from the QuakeCon demonstration of Skyrim:

Footage has already been removed.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > PC Bastion This Month
6. Re: PC Bastion This Month Aug 6, 2011, 10:09 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 00:53:
Wasn't overly impressed with it. Demo felt like Diablo lite.

That was my initial reaction too but it actually gets better quickly. It has some mechanics rooted in Diablo for sure but the fighting system goes in a very different direction once you level up a bit. I'm actually really enjoying it and while I'm not even a quarter through, I've heard the story actually gets really interesting later. I also thought the narrator would grate on me but amazingly it doesn't. They've done an amazing job at making sure he never repeats himself and has multiple lines to cover the same thing. I think I've only heard lines repeated maybe 2-3 times in about 3 hours of play. It really surprised me.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 5, 2011, 19:02 Parallax Abstraction

When the majority of gaming becomes disposable crap with the depth of a spoon like Angry Birds and Infinity Blade, I will find another hobby.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > RAGE "Basically Done"
12. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 16:01 Parallax Abstraction

venomhed wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 15:09:
We have gone over the piracy no piracy debate forever. Try before you buy, no demo, then I find other avenues. To play online you will have to buy it so yada yada. No guilt here.

Still doesn't make you any less of a piece of crap thief.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
25. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 12:06 Parallax Abstraction

007Bistromath wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 12:03:
Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 11:52:
There is ZERO need to be constantly connected. This is just another Acti-Bliz ploy to blahblahblah
With any other game, you'd have a point, but with Diablo II, it was more like "there is ZERO reason to make an offline character." Same deal here, only you don't have the option of doing something that had no purpose to begin with. Nothing to complain about.

Says you. I played Diablo II offline plenty when I was traveling and didn't always have Internet access. I also principally played the game solo because this just in: Most online games are full of idiots. There's plenty of reasons to make an offline character. They may not apply to you and that's fine, they don't apply to everyone. Some people who travel like to play games and don't always have the Internet nearby. The lack of a continually available Internet connection (not even taking into account how unreliable many ISPs are) is not nearly as common as many (particularly those who live in cities) assume.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
21. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 12:02 Parallax Abstraction

Between the always-on DRM and how they've ruined the skill system, they've effectively killed any interest I had in this game. Sorry, if I'm required to constantly ask permission to play the product I paid for, you don't get my business. Torchlight 2 will fill this voice nicely. The only part that worries me is if this game succeeds (and who am I kidding, it will and many of those who will buy it are the same ones who bash Ubisoft for their DRM), it will send a signal to all publishers to put always-on DRM on any title with a decent budget on the PC. Welcome to the future where you pay for a product and are expected to only use it in the way you are directed.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Iwata cuts own salary in half Jul 29, 2011, 16:11 Parallax Abstraction

If North American businesspeople operated this way, I think people would hate big business a lot less. Instead of obfuscating and blaming everyone else for a misstep while happily taking a ton of investor's money, Iwata went "Yeah we screwed up and we're going to take pay cuts as a punishment." He also only made $2M a year to begin with, even though Nintendo is one of Japan's biggest companies. How much do you think Kotick will walk away with when WoW and CoD dry up and Activision collapses? Hey Wall Street, pay attention!  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

3282 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo