Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gerry Corcoran

Real Name Gerry Corcoran   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parallax Abstraction
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://geekbravado.com
Signed On Jul 12, 2002, 18:05
Total Comments 3158 (Veteran)
User ID 13614

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Splash Damage's Next Game "One of the Biggest American Pop Culture Brands"
25. Re: Splash Damage's Next Game Nov 17, 2011, 16:10 Parallax Abstraction

LittleMe wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 11:11:
Dirwulf wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 11:05:
Star Trek

Yeah that's my guess too.

Very well could be since I believe Bethesda has the Star Trek license right now. Though if you've seen the last couple of games for it they released...

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2011, 14:19 Parallax Abstraction

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 11:07:
If Microsoft waits too long for the next console, noone will buy it. I expect by 2013 for the ipad like devices to take over the console market.

Not going to happen for a long time if ever.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Skyrim Versus ThreatFire
7. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Nov 13, 2011, 18:17 Parallax Abstraction

Good catch. I've worked with almost every anti-virus there is in my career and I've never heard of ThreatFire. Is this popular?  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 13, 2011, 10:25 Parallax Abstraction

My current e-mail address has been active since 2002 and about 95% of the e-mail that is sent to it is spam. It's usually between 50 and 60 a day. Thankfully, I use a really good spam filtering service (SpamHero) that does a phenomenal job at keeping it out. I get maybe one or two spam messages in my actual inbox a month and no false positives. However, the spam count I used to get a few years ago was sometimes in the 100-200 per day range so the amount of it going out has definitely decreased.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > GOG.com: "Your customers hate DRM"
7. Re: GOG.com: Nov 11, 2011, 12:11 Parallax Abstraction

Kajetan wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 10:39:
Some of them may hate DRM, yes.

Some other customers aka emotional addicts will do whatever you say. You can rape them and they still thank you for your kindness, when you give them an old rag that they can clean themselves up. THATS the people you should cherish as your customers.

Apple cherishes those kinds of people every day.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Skyrim to Offer "Infinite Quests"
4. Re: Skyrim to Offer Nov 9, 2011, 10:31 Parallax Abstraction

For reals!  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Nov 9, 2011, 07:32 Parallax Abstraction

PHJF wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 02:11:
Git cha ass to mahs! Git cha ass to mahs! Git cha ass to mahs! Git cha ass to mahs!

Welcome to Maaaaars maaaaaan!

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > More Fallout Online Legal News
5. Re: More Fallout Online Legal News Nov 7, 2011, 23:36 Parallax Abstraction

Beelzebud wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 22:55:
I think Bethesda signed this deal in bad faith, never intending to honor it, assuming Interplay wouldn't get an investor.

Well, Interplay found an investor, and now it just looks like Bethesda is attempting to bleed them out in lawyer fees. It's all very slimy. This is the same legal team suing Mojang over the word "Scrolls"...

Except they haven't found an investor because Interplay's recent filings have shown that they're all but completely out of cash and they make numerous references to their uncertainly of their ability to continue as a going concern. In other words, they're worried they can't survive. If they can barely afford to keep the lights on, where do you think they're going to get the $30M they promised in writing to get to develop a Fallout MMO? Bethesda/ZeniMax isn't the most spotless company in the world I'll admit but Herve Caen is a crook who ran Interplay and Titus into the ground and left hundreds of employees and investors holding the bag at the end while he kept drawing a salary and fled to the US to avoid the French tax man. I can't imagine why anyone would be on his side here.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: iPhone 4S Users Complaining of Audio Issues Nov 7, 2011, 21:31 Parallax Abstraction

"It just works."  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Free Game: Stealth Bastard
14. Re: Free Game: Stealth Bastard Nov 6, 2011, 19:46 Parallax Abstraction

Ludomancer wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 19:11:
Right... If it has always on DRM, that generally means it's recording your browsing history, folder and file arrangement, system details, and anything else it can observe since there are no laws against spyware at this time. Why would you defend that, exactly?

Except that's completely baseless and hasn't been proven to be what any of the always on DRM platforms do. Even Origin's stuff hasn't been proven yet and it's a store platform, not a DRM platform. I won't even bother addressing your claim about backdoors in the Windows Firewall. That's complete nonsense.

If you don't like that a FREE game requires you to be online, then don't play it. Amazing how even when something's given away, some people will find a reason to whine about it.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 6, 2011, 12:17 Parallax Abstraction

"Mark Zuckerberg is the ninth most powerful person in the world, says Forbes"

And that should scare the shit out of everyone.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2011, 11:00 Parallax Abstraction

Groupon is going to end up being one of the biggest business scandals in a few years, mark my words. There's been tons of articles on how the company has been basically cooking their books and operating as a ponzi scheme and after being public for a while, they won't be able to hide that anymore. I know in this city, most retailers don't end up using them more than once because the promised benefits of gaining more customers in the long run never pays out and wait staff at restaurants hate these things because people tip based off the Groupon discounted price. A lot of clueless investors latching onto the new hotness are going to get screwed.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Michael Bay's Need for Speed The Run TV Ad
6. Re: Michael Bay's Need for Speed The Run TV Ad Nov 2, 2011, 22:16 Parallax Abstraction

Quboid wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 17:01:
Asmo wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 16:49:
They should really stop mentioning Transformers like it's something to be proud of... = \

Budget: $150,000,000 (estimated)
Gross: $709,709,780 (Worldwide)

"And Candle In the Wind by Sir Elton John is the best selling single of all time. Popular sure doesn't mean right." -Penn Jillette

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Michael Bay's Need for Speed The Run TV Ad
3. Re: Michael Bay's Need for Speed The Run TV Ad Nov 2, 2011, 15:41 Parallax Abstraction

Since it's already a commercial, I wonder how he's going to work in the long scenes of product placement that infest everything else he makes.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Nov 2, 2011, 11:08 Parallax Abstraction

Jim Sterling is a misogynistic asshole and as good a base argument as he has in that article, the gaming press as a whole would be far better with him gone from it.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Silicon Knights Layoff Rumors
8. Re: Silicon Knights Layoff Rumors Nov 1, 2011, 13:53 Parallax Abstraction

Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 22:30:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 22:09:
Cutter wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 21:35:
Another of the old guard falls.

It's not like after the garbage that was both Too Human and Xmen Legacy that no one saw it coming.

Thi has been propped up by the Canadian Government (enjoy, Canadian taxpayers, you paid for Too Human) and by Dyack's insane ego.

I wonder how much of Canadian taxpayer money went to that lawsuit with Epic that I believe is still ongoing.

The grants from the Ontario government came this year and last year, long after Too Human and had nothing to do with its funding. A cursory Google search will demonstrate this. I wrote a post on my blog about this. As one of the Ontario taxpayers who funded the $7,000,000 the company has been given in the last two years to expand, I would like to know what's going on if these rumours are true.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Sword of the Stars II Launch Issues
14. Re: Sword of the Stars Launch Issues Oct 31, 2011, 15:29 Parallax Abstraction

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 13:50:
This year for PC gamers has been one disaster after another. Next up: Skyrim.

I'm fully expecting that at least. Bethesda is rarely able to launch a game in a better than clusterfuck state. Even some of their first titles from back in the early 90s were disasters when they came out. They either are completely inept at QA or just put out stuff when it isn't ready cause they know people will buy it anyway (and they do, look how well New Vegas sold).

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 29, 2011, 18:43 Parallax Abstraction

The tech press will likely make no mention whatsoever of the Samsung news. They won't shut up if Apple's up but as soon as they aren't the winner at something, nary a word. It's amazing how Apple's managed to turn a lot of the tech and even the mainstream press into rabid fanbois.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Take On Helicopters Takes Off
13. Re: Take On Helicopters Takes Off Oct 28, 2011, 08:49 Parallax Abstraction

So this being a Bohemia game, in about six month it should be patched to a semi-playable state right?  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Origin Adds Publishers
18. Re: Origin Adds Publishers Oct 28, 2011, 08:44 Parallax Abstraction

I'm really surprised to see other publishers putting their products on a platform where one of their chief competitors get a cut of the revenue.  
Parallax Abstraction

3158 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo