Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gerry Corcoran

Real Name Gerry Corcoran   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parallax Abstraction
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://geekbravado.com
Signed On Jul 12, 2002, 18:05
Total Comments 3259 (Veteran)
User ID 13614

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews May 8, 2013, 14:37 Parallax Abstraction

Ahh yes, if it's an attractive woman, she obviously got where she is because of her looks. If those who think that did 5 minutes of reading on Jade Raymond, they'd know she actually worked quite hard and is well regarded in the industry as an exceptional project manager. But she's cute so that must be why right. And people claim there isn't a sexism issue in the industry. Christ.

This isn't Jessica Chobot we're talking about here. Look her her game industry "origin story", compare it to Raymond's and spot the differences. They're rather significant.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Capcom Financials
2. Re: Capcom Financials May 8, 2013, 10:18 Parallax Abstraction

The one good thing I read about these earnings on Gamasutra is that Capcom is now saying that DmC: Devil May Cry has done better than expected, even though after release, they were saying it was the worst selling Devil May Cry game so far. I'm really happy to see that I guess it had a bit of a longer tail. It's a fantastic game and I say that as someone who liked the original games as well. I hope Ninja Theory gets to make another one.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > The Showdown Effect Free DLC
1. Re: The Showdown Effect Free DLC May 8, 2013, 08:42 Parallax Abstraction

This game looks kind of neat but aside from being fairly buggy at launch, I heard it never got much of a community. I'd like to try it out but only if there's people playing. Anyone know if there's a crowd for this?  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced
20. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced May 7, 2013, 11:41 Parallax Abstraction

I'm way more interested in a new Wolfenstein done by a bunch of ex-Starbreeze guys than a new Wolfenstein developed by id. I'm cautiously optimistic.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Eternal Darkness Spiritual Successor Kickstarter Tomorrow
4. Re: Eternal Darkness Spiritual Successor Kickstarter Tomorrow May 5, 2013, 15:34 Parallax Abstraction

Silicon Knights has like 5 employees left and has millions of dollars in debts owing from multiple lawsuits they've lost. That's why this is being done under "Precursor Games" instead. They're hoping by forming a new corporate entity, they can avoid all that. Denis Dyack is a horrible manager and based on some of his statements, it borderline unstable. I wouldn't touch a project he's involved in with a 10 foot pole. Assuming this gets funded, I fully expect it to be one of the epic level Kickstarter disasters that shakes people's faith in crowdfunding. I'd love to see a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness but I don't think this can pull it off. Nintendo cracking the whip on SK is the only reason the first game even made it to market at all.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Pinball FX2 on Steam Next Week
6. Re: Pinball FX2 on Steam Next Week May 3, 2013, 22:58 Parallax Abstraction

I like Zen Pinball but The Pinball Arcade which is a scarily accurate simulation has to sit in the broken Greenlight system for months and this game, which has some of the most hilariously bad pinball physics around and also from a developer that's never been on Steam just sails right through? Ugh, Greenlight is such a busted mess.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Announced
10. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Announced May 1, 2013, 16:02 Parallax Abstraction

Call of Duty: Yet Another One  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 29, 2013, 10:45 Parallax Abstraction

Creston wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 10:30:
Good to see that Sony is turning it around, at least temporarily. I'm not so sure it'll stay that way, though. 8GB of DDR5 in the PS4 is going to cost quite a bit of change, and it makes me think they'll be selling it at a several hundred dollar loss...

Creston

Yeah, it's not really a turnaround per ce. As I understand it, they basically eeked out a profit because the yen has dropped again (largely by design of the Japanese government) and most of their business is done in foreign currency. It's the same reason Nintendo swung back to profit, despite lower than forecast Wii and 3DS sales. Their restructuring plan is still a work in progress. I do hope these companies can turn it around though as lots of great innovations have come from them in the past and a world where Apple and Samsung largely dominate consumer electronics isn't good for anyone.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > More THQ IP Sold
14. Re: More THQ IP Sold Apr 22, 2013, 22:37 Parallax Abstraction

I can't imagine why Gearbox would want Homeworld. It's a game in a genre that's completely outside any wheelhouse of theirs. I mean, they paid so little that they could probably turn a profit on their investment by just repacking the original games and selling them on GOG. I imagine a crappy, touch-based iPad version is coming too.

My dream scenario for this is that Gearbox is trying to get away from AAA a bit and trying to become a kind of mini publisher of smaller projects, meaning that their plan is to give Homeworld 3 to a developer who knows how to make this kind of thing. I don't see how them doing it can work out well. But yeah, between their spotty track record and especially Duke Nukem Forever and the Aliens scandal, I would rather several large publishers end up with this before Gearbox.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Curiosity Adds Adding
7. Re: Curiosity Adds Adding Apr 21, 2013, 23:35 Parallax Abstraction

I "played" this "game" on my girlfriend's iPad for about 5 minutes and never touched it again. It's everything that's gross about the exploitive non-game garbage that Zynga produces, except now he's added the ability to pay to make it go in reverse. If my gut is right, this feels like Molyneux has realised his Populous remake isn't going to be possible with the money he raised on Kickstarter and this is a way to help fill out the coffers to try and get that to market. Could be completely wrong but given his penchant for going way over time and budget, this might be what he has to do since he has no publisher to get more money from this time around.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games
19. Re: Capcom Plotzes - Issues Profit Warning; Cancelling Games Apr 18, 2013, 14:44 Parallax Abstraction

The new DmC is absolutely fantastic and better than the other 4 games in the series, and I liked those games too. Unfortunately, that's about the only thing Capcom's done recently I've cared about.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Team Bondi Closed?
2. Re: Team Bondi Closed? Apr 18, 2013, 09:12 Parallax Abstraction

I had no idea they were still open. I thought they went under after LA Noire and he started a new company for this new game everyone knew wasn't coming out. Yeah, the guy's a scumbag and deserves to fail.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 18 More Games
8. Re: Steam Greenlights 18 More Games Apr 17, 2013, 15:29 Parallax Abstraction

It's about damn time Pinball Arcade made it through that broken Greenlight system. Have this on my Vita and very happy to buy it again on PC.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to "Next Adventure"
21. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 13:59 Parallax Abstraction

Very impressed with the level of support they've given Skyrim but I really hope their next title isn't leashed to a 6 year old version of Gamebryo. Their tech is desperate for an update and it would be nice to get an actual new engine, as opposed to Todd Howard blatantly lying and calling it an "all-new engine" when it was really just them renaming Gamebryo because its original makers went under and they were allowed to rename it as a result.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > EA Ending Three Social Games
13. Re: EA Ending Three Social Games Apr 15, 2013, 10:47 Parallax Abstraction

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 10:31:
The fact that anyone makes a living off posting youtube videos still stupefies me..

I think a similar reckoning is coming in that space soon too. And I say this as someone who recently started putting videos on YouTube and hopes to one day make a bit of money off them. The difference in my case being that I have no desire or intent to make a full-time career out of it. I think it's cool that some people can but that strikes me as incredibly high-risk and that eventually, there will be a big shake out where a select group will continue to do well and the rest will fall off.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > EA Ending Three Social Games
7. Re: EA Ending Three Social Games Apr 15, 2013, 10:20 Parallax Abstraction

Zynga's in a death spiral they hope to claw out of by getting into gambling and EA, who was the second-most successful publisher in the social space is now pulling out. Man, that bubble burst fast and big.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Dark Souls PC "Half-Assed" - PC Prioritized for Sequel
10. Re: Dark Souls PC Apr 12, 2013, 11:00 Parallax Abstraction

Squirmer wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 10:34:
Now where are all the people who were claiming the half-assed PC port was totally fine?

Those people exist?

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Cities in Motion 2
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Cities in Motion 2 Apr 3, 2013, 15:51 Parallax Abstraction

It's a shame if this one isn't an improvement. I really wanted to like the first one but after trying the tutorial half a dozen times and never being able to pass it because it would refuse to advance and not tell me what I did wrong, I gave up on it. It looks really cool but man was it inaccessible.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 15:01 Parallax Abstraction

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 11:41:
Let me guess...American McGree has a mobile game in the works

Who doesn't these days? Everyone's trying to get on that gold rush, even though mobile's already been saturated for a long time.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Warframe Open Beta Begins
1. Re: Warframe Open Beta Begins Mar 21, 2013, 09:30 Parallax Abstraction

A friend and I have been playing this off and on since the closed beta. It's not a perfect game and has some evolution left but it's a really cool and unique idea and definitely not pay2win. They actually listen to feedback in their forums and have made some huge improvements to it since we first started playing. I'm really liking it. Someone figured out how to make free2play co-op work.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

3259 Comments. 163 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo