Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gerry Corcoran

Real Name Gerry Corcoran   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parallax Abstraction
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://geekbravado.com
Signed On Jul 12, 2002, 18:05
Total Comments 3209 (Veteran)
User ID 13614

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak
8. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak Jul 10, 2014, 10:58 Parallax Abstraction

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 10:23:
I try not to be petty about these things because a fun game is awesome no matter who makes it but he was a pretty ridiculous asshat to PC gamers over the years. Free or not there are so many ways to spend leisure time these days, he is going to have to do better in the PR department if he wants people interested.

He joked on Twitter the other day that he should totally hire Phil Fish to run PR for him. I would personally love that, just to watch the incredible train wreck that would ensue.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype
13. Re: Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype Jul 8, 2014, 08:53 Parallax Abstraction

Wildone wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 21:50:
or put it another way..."We cant make money from this on the console version so yea, F*** you PC gamers"

Or you know, maybe it's not worth throwing a bunch of development time and resources at supporting a product that's not even out yet, won't be any time soon and barely has any active users outside of developers.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Airtight Games Closed
2. Re: Airtight Games Closed Jul 2, 2014, 15:12 Parallax Abstraction

Always sucks to see people out of work but I'm surprised they lasted this long. They've put out several games and all of them have met with tepid receptions at best. Quantum Conundrum was their best reviewed I think and it's one of the few games I couldn't finish because I just found it incredibly dull. I do want to try Murdered Soul Suspect out when I have the time and money but I've heard similar issues with it too.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback
21. Re: CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback Jun 30, 2014, 22:42 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 22:26:
OH, I don't doubt he has money. And he wouldn't be the first KS to ask for others funds instead of his own, either...

Oh absolutely. What I mean is that he may possibly try a Kickstarter, it's just one of those where I'd be like "Yeah, no. If you believe in this that much, you can fund it yourself." I'll never say that rich people shouldn't be allowed to use Kickstarter but I do think it's not necessarily within the "spirit" of it.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback
18. Re: CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback Jun 30, 2014, 22:09 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 19:08:
McTurbo wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 19:03:
Hmmmm.. did Oculus VR make another hire?

My guess is a KS, though I have nothing to back that up with (and probably wrong)...

Even before getting a payday for Oculus, he was rumoured to be worth at least $15M. He's definitely one of those developers who doesn't need crowdfunding, unless he plans on getting back into AAA.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > X: Rebirth Goes 64-Bit
13. Re: X: Rebirth Goes 64-Bit Jun 28, 2014, 18:15 Parallax Abstraction

Slashman wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 14:27:
And according to this interview, the CEO still doesn't get why people don't like the game and has no intention of really making the big changes needed.

It's like he's saying they made a great game and people just don't get how great it is.

When did He Who Shall Not Be Named start working for Egosoft? Actually, their name is oddly fitting when you think about it.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 27, 2014, 13:59 Parallax Abstraction

And 85 of them are Early Access.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > More Crytek Rumors
9. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 14:53 Parallax Abstraction

I saw Kotaku and should have known I'd be giving another hit to an article by that smarmy douchebag Jason Schreier, yet I clicked it anyway. Bah!  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > EA on "Unacceptable" BF4 Launch
14. Re: EA on Jun 20, 2014, 11:17 Parallax Abstraction

DICE hasn't had a multiplayer launch that wasn't a mess. The Bad Company games were in OK shape but 1942, 2, 2142, 3, 4, they were all a disaster and some of those games still have huge problems that are unfixed (the red tag bug in BF2 for example.) DICE is just bad at launching and supporting. Even before EA bought them, they were like this.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter
11. Re: Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter Jun 18, 2014, 21:01 Parallax Abstraction

I think his opinion on this is very wrong but the thing about Phil Fish is not that he has controversial opinions, it's that he always charges in and makes them in the most brash, assholeish way possible. Jonathan Blow had a lot of controversial opinions too but he always stated them eloquently and fostered debate. Fish just barges in and goes "I'm right, you're wrong!", then takes his ball, goes home and expected everyone to feel sorry for him. And a surprising number of people do. If you don't want to be thought of as an asshole, maybe stop being such an asshole?

Polytron just announced a deal with FINJI to help publish their new indie title. I'm sure those guys are thrilled to death that their publisher has now gone and pissed off the YouTube community who they were likely counting on for the tons of free publicity it's proven to give games of all sizes.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > May NPD Reports
5. Re: May NPD Reports Jun 17, 2014, 13:48 Parallax Abstraction

Those asterisks are likely are all on titles that released on PC (though not Wolfenstein oddly enough), which I bet means that they can't properly take into account the digital sales numbers since NPD (which is barely relevant to begin with) literally guesses at digital sales numbers.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > SCS Software Dev vs Valve
9. Re: SCS Software Dev vs Valve Jun 16, 2014, 16:31 Parallax Abstraction

Trevellian wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 13:40:
But... they don't have a Monopoly. Origin, which everyone loves to hate on for no reason other than existing, exists.

That didn't stop Microsoft from being declared a monopoly, despite Mac and Linux existing at the time. One doesn't have to have 100% control of the market to be a monopoly, they just have to have a disproportionately large amount of power and influence within it. Given that Valve is estimated to control something like 85-90% of digital distribution on PC with everyone else fighting over the scraps and that a large number of digital PC games you buy now are just Steam keys anyway, I'd say they definitely have that.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade
7. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 10:17 Parallax Abstraction

Watch Dogs 2 was greelit internally at Ubisoft based solely on pre-order numbers. It's definitely coming. I got it for cheap on PS4 and have been playing it there and it feels like Assassin's Creed 1 did in many ways. Some cool ideas and a neat world but execution that falls flat in many places. The first incarnation Altair was a pretty lousy character too. But AC2 got a lot better, I suspect the same will happen here too. I do find it funny though that Ubisoft has an entire "editorial" department designed to help people write the best stories they can and despite that, Aiden is what we got.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 8, 2014, 16:45 Parallax Abstraction

The Forest and The Stomping Land are so early and broken, they barely work at all. And yet, they're #1 and #2. Remember when people used to lose their minds about paying for games that were broken?  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2014, 23:56 Parallax Abstraction

Beamer wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 17:25:
Seriously, Cutter, your posts are never, ever accurate because you always base them on a sensationalized headline and not the content. How are you so often commenting without reading?

It got him your attention though.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Why World of Darkness Went Dark
16. Re: Why World of Darkness Went Dark Jun 6, 2014, 00:10 Parallax Abstraction

Creston wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 11:15:
CCP obviously read George Broussard's "How To Make A Game 101" guide.

Nah. The company hasn't yet crashed and the founders aren't continuing to think they're God's gift to the industry in spite of that.

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed
10. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 13:34 Parallax Abstraction

Creston wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 12:28:
Will it come with GfMFWL? It IS Capcom after all.

"Dead Rising 3 for PC will include Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards and full game controller support. Also compatible with the keyboard and mouse, players will be able to toggle back and forth between the two in real time. "

Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 4, 2014, 17:31 Parallax Abstraction

It's too bad. I had a Windows Phone provided by my employer for a number of months and quite liked it. The interface blows the dated one from iOS out of the water. My girlfriend has a Lumia 920 and swears by it. Given that there are as many Windows Phones in the world as there are Macs and per capita, its growth is surging while the other two are saturating, it kind of feels like a decent sized market to ignore.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Mythic Entertainment Closed
7. Re: Mythic Entertainment Closed May 29, 2014, 19:38 Parallax Abstraction

As someone recently laid off, I hate to see more people out of work but Mythic has been making nothing but scummy, exploitative F2P mobile garbage for the last few years. And studio director Paul Barnett who I used to like but who has since become a real arrogant twit has been saying that the only reason people are complaining about Dungeon Keeper Mobile is because "they don't understand the art of F2P yet" and "they should get used to it because all games will be F2P in 5 years." He actually said those things on a Giant Bomb stream. Hey Paul, maybe people actually DON'T like your "art" eh? Of course, he'll still keep some high paid position in EA while the rest are kicked to the curb.  
Parallax Abstraction

News Comments > Tropico 5 Preorders Soar
14. Re: Tropico 5 Preorders Soar May 21, 2014, 13:10 Parallax Abstraction

Cpmartins wrote on May 21, 2014, 11:43:
Wait, coop, as in same map coop Transport Tycoon style?

I've been wondering about the co-op too but none of the coverage I've seen so far has really talked about it.

Parallax Abstraction

3209 Comments. 161 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo