Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Gerry Corcoran

Real Name Gerry Corcoran   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parallax Abstraction
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://geekbravado.com
Signed On Jul 12, 2002, 18:05
Total Comments 3261 (Veteran)
User ID 13614

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Bails on GFWL
2. Re: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Bails on GFWL Feb 24, 2014, 18:42 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:20:
Too bad it was deemed pretty much the worst AC...

I've played every AC and while I didn't hate it as much as some, it was Namco's attempt to CoD-ify AC and it didn't work. Supposedly the upcoming free-to-play one is going to have a full campaign that's going to be more like the originals which I really hope. AR is worth it if you can get it cheap on a sale.

I will give them credit for stripping out GFWL too, especially given that this game has zero community right now. Now they need to do it ro Dark Souls.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 23, 2014, 20:01 Parallax Abstraction

Redmask wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 14:17:
The Windows Phone that people still don't want.

Given that Windows Phone growth more than doubled the industry average last year, I'd say you're probably wrong on that. We just rolled out a bunch of WP8 devices at work. It wouldn't have been my first choice for a phone but due to cost constraints, it was either this or BlackBerry 10 and there's no way we're hitching our wagon to that.

So far, Windows Phone is pretty good. It's got issues to be sure (most of which look to be getting addresses in 8.1) but from a usability standpoint, it's great. My users are not techie types and are accustomed to BlackBerry OS 7 and they've gotten proficient at Windows Phone with almost no training from me at all. Conversely, when a few of our people got iPads, I had to spend an afternoon teaching them how to get around on them and still got questions for days after.

The platform has a long way to evolve for sure but it's a lot better than many think and a lot of those who crap on it likely haven't even bothered to try it. That said, if it was up to me, I'd have an HTC One.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
39. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 19:58 Parallax Abstraction

Beelzebud wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 14:02:
This is going to be like watching two drunk idiots beat each other up at a bar, when you don't give a shit what the outcome is.

Two scumbag enters, one scumbag leaves. Maybe 3D Realms going away will finally stop George Broussard from thinking he's God's gift to industry commentary, despite running a company and all its employees into the ground by spending 13 years to make a horrendous game. Somehow I doubt it though.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Eutechnyx Layoffs
2. Re: Eutechnyx Layoffs Feb 19, 2014, 11:59 Parallax Abstraction

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 11:57:
Protip: Never name your company something most people can't pronounce.

Or make games like Ride to Hell: Retribution.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 10, 2014, 10:56 Parallax Abstraction

jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:29:
Apple: whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Exactly. This is the company that sued Samsung over the design of the damn corners of their devices. This company is as bad as any patent troll, except they actually produce stuff at least. Hypocrisy runs in Tim Cook's veins.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 10, 2014, 10:52 Parallax Abstraction

Dungeon Keeper Mobile is gross but at least it's free up front. Godus is full of microtransaction and social game cow clicker hooks but you have to pay for it just to get access to that. Molyneux's hypocrisy is amazing so me. I used to really respect him but his new direction is just bad for the medium.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
4. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 7, 2014, 11:33 Parallax Abstraction

Primalchrome wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 11:00:
What exactly is a crock? The fact that Last of Us swept the awards or something more specific?

The Last of Us winning for "Most Innovative" is a start...

That's a great game but it's a zombie-themed action-adventure game, there's nothing innovative about it other than the fact an action game is well written.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 6, 2014, 20:49 Parallax Abstraction

Another example to go with reality television and Transformers movies that shows how the mainstream public are largely idiots who like garbage.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 5, 2014, 11:05 Parallax Abstraction

Sane world labels Pachter's track record as a joke. And the press who quote him for easy clicks as lazy.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Requires 64-Bit OS
26. Re: Titanfall Beta Requires 64-Bit OS Feb 5, 2014, 09:15 Parallax Abstraction

DangerDog wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 02:13:
I'm waiting for the backpedaling excuses when they release it without FOV adjustment.

That wouldn't be balanced for lean.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Dontnod Entertainment Clarifies
2. Re: Dontnod Entertainment Clarifies Jan 31, 2014, 22:58 Parallax Abstraction

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 20:31:
Tomato, tomato...

It's a pretty big difference. Under bankruptcy protection, they can restructure their debt and operations to theoretically come out of it a smaller company but one that can still make games. Under full bankruptcy, the company would be liquidated and closed down. They're still in a bad way but this way, they might come out of it.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Remember Me Developer Bankrupt
3. Re: Remember Me Developer Bankrupt Jan 31, 2014, 10:06 Parallax Abstraction

I really enjoyed Remember Me and it just barely missed my top 10 last year. It definitely had flaws (combat for sure) but it was great for a first effort from a new AAA studio and it had a fantastic world and some neat mechanics. It's the kind of thing that could have been amazing if it got polished up for a sequel. But of course, because this is a new IP, Capcom shat it out without any marketing and then wonders why no one bought it. This really sucks, I wanted to see Dontnod get another kick at the can. This industry's obsession with only backing the safest bets with any marketing and then complaining when no one buys new ideas is going to be its downfall.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week
7. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 10:36 Parallax Abstraction

I have some issues with Early Access and how some companies are abusing it but I'm very happy to see this doing well. Their tech demo is limited but shows incredible promise. I also know the guy who was the original face of this project from another forum (he's since moved on to another developer) but he was confident in the team's ability to make something great. I can't wait to see more of this.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Spicy Horse Downsizes Due to Akaneiro Debt
3. Re: Spicy Horse Downsizes Due to Akaneiro Debt Jan 29, 2014, 20:16 Parallax Abstraction

Given this studio's near constant lack of quality output (Alice being the one title I can think of that anyone was even remotely fond of), I still can't believe people gave him $200K.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rekoil
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rekoil Jan 29, 2014, 09:05 Parallax Abstraction

From what I've been reading and watching, this game is a steaming pile, full of bugs, input lag and crash issues. I must say I'm shocked that a game backed by both Kevin Dent and 505 Games would be an unfinished mess. Seriously, shocked.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 27, 2014, 09:24 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 09:17:
It's time, Nintendo: Kill Wii U and think big.

"It's dead, Jim."

Same thing people said about the 3DS too, that the market had "moved on" from such things. Funny how little crow we've seen eaten.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 25, 2014, 12:31 Parallax Abstraction

shihonage wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 06:46:
Don't believe the "dispelling HD myth" article. Stay away from Seagate drives, they're shit, and have been shit for a very long time.

I'll take Seagate over Toshiba any day. I was quite disheartened to find out that Toshiba recently got into desktop drives and are appearing in a lot of OEM desktops now. Their drives are hot garbage.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 21, 2014, 09:52 Parallax Abstraction

Verno wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 09:38:
To save someone else the time, that Nintendo thing from Slashdot has nothing new to add.

The "enthusiast" press always needs someone to hate. It used to be Sony, now it's Nintendo. Controversy drives clicks.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > No Man's Sky Rides Out the Flood
4. Re: No Man's Sky Rides Out the Flood Jan 15, 2014, 15:18 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 13:50:
Hopefully this won't cause anyone to freak out and have a shit fit.

He sure doesn't seem all that peaceful.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 14, 2014, 08:57 Parallax Abstraction

"Brad McQuaid..."

Noooooooooooooope.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

3261 Comments. 164 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo