Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NFNNMIDATA

Real Name NFNNMIDATA   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NFNNMIDATA
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 6, 2002, 09:31
Total Comments 25 (Suspect)
User ID 13548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2003, 15:57 NFNNMIDATA

The movie comes from an idea cooked up by Quentin & Uma while making Pulp Fiction, referred to as "The Bride" in the end credits. Quentin gave her a partial script for her birthday and then many years later got around to it when he got stuck trying to finish his WWII script "The Inglorious Bastards".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

563. Hold it together man Sep 19, 2003, 10:37 NFNNMIDATA

My heart goes out to you buddy. My mom is my whole family at this point, so I don't even want to think about this kind of thing. Hold out for a miracle no matter what they say...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Ignore the spam article Jul 24, 2003, 14:57 NFNNMIDATA

That guy, as the article notes at the end, works for Cloudmark and thus has every reason not to support a change to the SMTP protocol.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Hardware Requirements
23. Re: Linux Doom 3??? Jul 17, 2003, 19:00 NFNNMIDATA

Carmack said last year there would "almost certainly" be a linux binary for the game, although it would only work with nvidia cards at first.

Speaking of, he also (previously) specifically said not to buy a GF4Mx to play the game with, and now he is saying you can use a GF1? WTF?

News Comments > Steam Beta Opens
58. Re: HL's Goodness ?? Jul 13, 2003, 08:09 NFNNMIDATA

Xenos you ignorant slut.

News Comments > Star Trek Game Lawsuit
30. Re: not a trekkie - but am a sci-fi fan Jul 1, 2003, 17:39 NFNNMIDATA

Two things:
1) non-TOS Star Trek series (and a lot of other shows too) are unwatchably bad the first 2 years once you have seen the rest of the series. So the jury is still out on Enterprise in my view.

2) Babylon-5 was unwatchable tripe, and yes I did watch a few season 1 episodes back in the day. That show was ham-fisted, overacted, and apparently written by 12-year-olds. Maybe it got better by season 3 somehow, but B5 fans seem to love it from the start...

News Comments > Ritual Departures
37. Re: Euphemism Jun 14, 2003, 22:28 NFNNMIDATA

Glad I didn't pay for that piece of shiznit. Me and a friend played co-op for about 30 minutes when, lo and behold, one of us unlocks and goes thru a door only to have it lock behind him. He dies, the key has already been used, and we are both stuck like chuck on the wrong side of the door. So that's lame. Add to that the fact that you can only choose the episode, not the map, when starting a co-op game and you have a recipe for uninstallation. Bleah

News Comments > Metallica Game Announced
94. Re: album review... Jun 8, 2003, 23:39 NFNNMIDATA

I like the new sound in theory, but I am finding in practice that, although the lyrics are smart, the tunes don't seem to have a hook anywhere for the most part ("Frantic" seems to be an exception). Will keep listening, this could be one of those 'deep' albums where the whole thing just grows. Also, good luck to Lars playing drums on this thing live. I mean, he has to half-ass the thrash stuff usually towards the end as it is...

News Comments > Carmack on Drivers
20. Re: No subject May 27, 2003, 20:43 NFNNMIDATA

RE: Doom3 benchmarks, I wouldn't trust any benchmarks until Doom3 gets released. Even then, they'll probably patch it into oblivion with miscellaneous video card tweaks.

As to the question of fairness, is it fair for ATI to use one-and-only-one mode that is faster but uglier than nVidia's best visual mode? I don't think ATI was trying to specifically beat nVidia this way, but now that we're here and there's no true apples-to-apples comparison possible, why should nVidia use their slowest (yet prettiest) mode in benchmarks where visual quality takes a backdoor to raw speed? Now that I know what this is about, I say this is not a big deal, nVidia is 100% correct, ATI is neither wrong nor right, and benchmarks are useless unless you can disable the shading crap entirely and still get a useful score.

News Comments > More on Half-Life 2
15. Obligatory DNF knock Apr 21, 2003, 18:06 NFNNMIDATA

Was going to mention that DNF will be beaten to market by the long-awaited sequel to a game that itself took forever to release and which also beat DNF to market, but the subject of my post sort of says it all.

News Comments > More on Half-Life 2
14. So let me guess Apr 21, 2003, 17:59 NFNNMIDATA

TF2 got dumped a long time ago and is now gonna be a free add-on? Or maybe it was just dropped altogether?

News Comments > Postal 2 Demo
103. Don't know about the demo Apr 14, 2003, 04:53 NFNNMIDATA

But the actual game is a ton of fun. Not very long, but that's up to you of course since you do whatever you want, and there is replayability built-in with an enhanced-mode feature. Played through the "story" in about 9 hours almost non-stop - that's how engrossing it was.

News Comments > GTA Free
47. Re: Frame Rate limiter Mar 9, 2003, 05:55 NFNNMIDATA

I was able to get normal performance by using F8 and also running the game with CPUKiller (shareware), simulating a P133. You can get it here:

http://digilander.iol.it/robyrobo/Products/index.html

YMMV, etc.

News Comments > Why No Unreal II Demo
111. Seems like the first one so far Jan 31, 2003, 03:17 NFNNMIDATA

Played about an hour, got bored. Lots of annoying skaarj that jump at you ninja style. Their overwhelming speed could be frightening if they weren't so lame. Hated 'em in Unreal, hate 'em in Unreal 2. And the weapons are still crappy to beat the band. But I am sure something decent will pop up eventually if I can pay attention long enough....

News Comments > New Jedi Knight Shooter?
50. Re: What about the starwar's shooter Jan 25, 2003, 20:53 NFNNMIDATA

You're probably thinking of X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, X-Wing Alliance. Seems they have scrapped those in favor of the Rogue Squadron model (Rogue Squadron, Starfighter,Naboo), which is probably more console-friendly.

13. Re: Xtian maps? Jan 6, 2003, 13:02 NFNNMIDATA

They try to be a religion-based version of The Onion, but sometimes they try too hard.

News Comments > Quake II CodeRed
1. Can't download at all Jan 2, 2003, 16:29 NFNNMIDATA

The link to fileplanet doesn't work ('not found' or something once you sign in). Even a search on fileplanet turns up nothing.

News Comments > On The DOOM III Leak
18. check warez newsgroups Nov 3, 2002, 23:53 NFNNMIDATA

Got it from one. Around 350 MB. Not worth it really, I would rather see it in a final state with better hardware than I have now. Also, it's clearly designed for a purpose, and certainly not to be run by anyone who doesn't have a gig of ram and a lot of time to spend while it loads about a million files into said ram. Kind of reminds me of when Q2Test came out and I had a lousy voodoo1. Only with more bugs. Memories...

News Comments > Battlefield 1942 in Stores
57. Wal-Mart Sep 14, 2002, 22:10 NFNNMIDATA

You can probably get it everywhere by now, but i thought I'd mention Wal-Mart has it for $39.96. (I'm in Dallas)

45. Re: Dog and Cat Aug 29, 2002, 07:51 NFNNMIDATA

Killing critters on the highway is one thing, not much you can do. But there's little excuse to run an animal over in a neighborhood as many have done (try keeping count of dead squirrels sometime, it's ridiculous). My mom's street gets 45 mph traffic every day all day. Posted speed is 30, and it's in a neighborhood anyway, so no sign is needed. There's a new dead cat in the road there like twice a week. Good thing there aren't many kids I guess. Anyway, I love driving the speed limit on that road so traffic starts to back up behind me. F- those idiots.

25 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo