Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for David Teach

Real Name David Teach   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname GinRummy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 5, 2002, 19:32
Total Comments 30 (Suspect)
User ID 13545

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2014, 14:35 GinRummy

"...covered in this mustardy/gold upholstery..."

I believe that color was called "Harvest Gold" which was popular in the late 60s to the very early 70s, and was replaced by "Avacado Green." My parents had old appliances in both colors and they were hideous once they aged.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
19. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 16:43 GinRummy

I believe the keyboard shortcut for Take All when a container is open, is the Space Bar, which takes everything in the container AND then closes it. Works on empty ones too. Not sure if you missed this or are talking about a Take All for items on the ground, which I don't see, and would also like. And hitting escape should close containers before closing the inventory window, instead of after, as it seems to do for me. I agree with the need for better inventory sorting. And for those of you reading and curious about the game, combat is TURN BASED, despite the fact that the screenshots make it look like a Diablo style action game, which I like fine, but might be a bit old school for some.  

News Comments > Flockers Trailer
3. Re: Flockers Trailer Mar 28, 2014, 11:56 GinRummy

A bit late to the table. Does anyone under 30 even remember this movie?  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2014, 15:44 GinRummy

How many people did like I did and read "World Water Day" as saying "Water World Day" instead? Poor Kevin Costner had to drink his own pee. Which is still kinda on topic for either one.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2013, 18:28 GinRummy

So much for the expected reception of my in-depth Slavery Simulator game that I've been developing. It's history!  

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Begins
17. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Begins Dec 13, 2011, 12:25 GinRummy

Got my e-mail at 7:23 AM east. Was figuring I'd get invite on day one since I pre-ordered and early registered on the first day the game was up for sale. Already got a level 5 Republic Trooper and will probably make an evil Sith spellcaster later. Wasn't a fan of the bounty hunter in the beta or the dps jedi. Wonder if WOW will take a log hit in users for a bit?  

News Comments > Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer
7. Re: Flatout 3 Specs; Trailer Dec 10, 2011, 19:59 GinRummy

Whenever I see the name of this game on news sites my brain always reads it as "Fallout 3" instead. I get a bit disappointed when I look closer and it's the wrong game. I love that game.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week
14. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 19, 2011, 22:09 GinRummy

I'm apparently old school; I just CAN'T play an FPS view game without mouse inversion. I guess it's whatever you get used to. The standard a long time ago was what is now inverted, so newer gamers prefer the non-"flight control" style.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2010, 18:42 GinRummy

At least it wasn't quite as direct as it could be, like "The Pearl Harbor anniversary, brought to you by Mitsubishi."  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins - Awakenings Q&A
1. Re: Dragon Age: Origins - Awakenings Q&A Mar 11, 2010, 08:41 GinRummy

FYI, it is "Awakening" without the S on the end, as you have it in 3 places in the article and headline.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2009, 14:13 GinRummy

Congratulations on joining the ranks of the Browncoats, fans of the show and movie who have an open wound in our lives where Firefly was abruptly cut off. I hope you enjoy the movie also, as it nicely wraps up the series and is very well done.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2009, 13:36.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2009, 11:52 GinRummy

Blue, I just wanted to point out that you made a mistake in the title of the book, one that many MANY people make, in that you misplaced the word "the" to make the title seem like it's singular instead of plural. It's not "Origin of The Species" (meaning Man) but is "The Origin of Species" meaning all animals. Might seem like an insignificant difference but it makes the subject emphasis quite meaningful.  

News Comments > 3D Realms Denies Buyout Offer
13. Re: 3D Realms Denies Buyout Offer May 16, 2009, 18:06 GinRummy

Why would any company want to buy a development house that took this long to develope a game that isn't even close to done after all this time? Even if they could force a quick release of DNF, it probably wouldn't recoup their purchase price, and then they can't expect some new game to be make any time soon after by that team. 3DR was like a sick horse that just needed to be shot.  

5. Celebrity deaths Sep 27, 2008, 18:56 GinRummy

Seems like this has been a very bad year for celebrities dying. Lots more familiar names kicking the bucket than normal.

News Comments > Force Unleashed to PCs? LucasArts Says No
40. Re: ... Sep 8, 2008, 14:36 GinRummy

The wording of this denial sound a whole lot like the official line of GTA4 coming to pc. Just total denial and lies for months and then suddenly Oh yeah! We've actually been working on it for long time and it's due out next week. Psych!

All of it is just to max sales on the original platform, to minimize the number of people who would instead wait for their preferred one if they knew it was on the way.

6. Re: No subject Jun 26, 2008, 11:30 GinRummy

Acually the car passes most crash tests with exceptionally high marks. Granted it is small and meant more for city driving. It's not gonna stand up to a high-speed crash with a semi, but neither will my normal car.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/14/autos/smart_fortwo_iihs_crash_test/index.htm?cnn=yes

News Comments > Fallout 3 Ultra-Bundle
16. Re: 404 Jun 6, 2008, 13:35 GinRummy

Site crashed. Did we slashdot the giant Amazon site?

1. Jeff Healey Mar 3, 2008, 09:51 GinRummy

If you aren't familiar with Jeff Healey, he also had a part in the 1989 Patrick Swayze movie "Road House" as the guitar player in the house band, of course. Got a few lines.

Just fascinating to watch how he played guitar, not learning "correct" way since he was blind.

4. Re: No subject Jul 31, 2005, 15:48 GinRummy

#3 did nothing for me. The cross-piece was not yellow at all like the guy said it looked. I saw both as dark gray only, from the beginning.

Maybe because I still use an old CRT that is not turned up too bright like most people have their settings.

News Comments > Hard to be a God
6. Re: ... Dec 2, 2004, 13:55 GinRummy

Prediction: developnent delay, name change and re-visioning, delay again, and then the cancel.

I'm still waiting for them to publish "The Game That Gets Patched" or even better, "The Game That Needs No Patch." They've attempted the latter several times, but all end up as "The Game That Badly Needs A Patch." Sadly no sign of the first game yet exists.

30 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo