Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jedi

Real Name Jedi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JediPunisher
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 3, 2002, 22:42
Total Comments 249 (Novice)
User ID 13530

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Triple XP Weekend
2. Re: Max Payne 3 Triple XP Weekend Feb 8, 2013, 12:08 JediPunisher

What we really want is a GTAV triple XP weekend!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG
24. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 11:59 JediPunisher

Great! Happy I was a big fan of the first two games.
But, doesn't Chris Avellone (lead designer of KotOR II) have his hands full right now with Wasteland 2 and Project Eternity?

News Comments > Commander Keen Successor Kickstarter
16. Re: Commander Keen Successor Kickstarter Feb 5, 2013, 00:15 JediPunisher

NKD wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 23:54:
Shut up and take my money.

Ditto! Thumbsup

News Comments > Super Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Super Sunday Metaverse Feb 3, 2013, 16:56 JediPunisher

Well, I reluctantly broke down and upgraded my desktop PC with Window 8 on Jan 31st (I didn't want to miss the $39 upgrade price)... Best Windows ever! Ok, not really.
In fact, I absolutely hate it! Well, that was 40 bucks wasted. Classic Shell helps, but Window 8 (sic) is still a complete mess. Luckily, I had the good sense to install it on an old SSD, so my system is now triple boot (XP, 7, 8).

After playing around with it for a couple of days, I can only see using Win8 if an application or game requires it... Otherwise, I'm sticking with Win7 as my primary OS at least until Windows 9 is released early next year. (Yes, I read that MS is pushing for a 12-18 month upgrade cycle for Windows along with a subscription model similar to the new Office 2013).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2013, 16:50 JediPunisher

Windows 8 is not unusable, but it is a mess, and I hate it.
I hated the Metro interface with a passion when it first appeared on my AdBox 360.
It makes no sense for a desktop PC. I will never, I repeat, NEVER replace my PC monitor with a touch screen.
Windows 8 is an inept attempt by MS to push hardware sales and possibly to drive their stock price down for a buy back just before announcing Windows 9.
I'm upgrading my PC with a Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD, and I'll be installing Windows 7 on it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
49. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2013, 18:56 JediPunisher

Iíve said for months that Windows 8 is an attempt by Microsoft to purposely drive their stock into the ground so their execs can make a killing by buying back shares at a bargain just before Windows 9 is announced (Iím guessing around the same time the XBox 720 is unveiled). So far, their stock has dropped about 10% is that past 3 months, and is sure to drop further as investors realize the Win8 adoption rate is slowingÖ I just hope the SEC is keeping a close eye on this.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Trailer
8. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 23, 2012, 16:12 JediPunisher

Looks very nice! But, someone needs to mow the grass.

I just realized, by the time this game is released, my PC will be 3 years old...
It's sad that I've had to wait this long for a PC game that will finally tap the potential of my aging i7-980x system.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013?
3. Re: Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013? Nov 22, 2012, 15:29 JediPunisher

No one seriously expected them to have this game finished in 9 months... 18 months sounds more realistic.

BTW, don't forget to support Legend of Dungeon.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
60. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 14:59 JediPunisher

We all know this game has 3 playable characters... but why not a 4th?
I want to play as that dog... biting, crapping, and pissing.

News Comments > Descent Fan Remake
2. Re: Descent Fan Remake Nov 11, 2012, 14:07 JediPunisher

This looks surprisingly good for a fan made remakeÖ definitely one to watch. Thumbsup  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 4, 2012, 13:56 JediPunisher

I only buy car packs, or any DLC for that matter, when Microsoft has a sale.

But Forza Horizon is awesome... Forza on the open road, complete with multiplayer, auctions, painting, and upgrades, but minus car damage and the tuning and tweaking aspect.
Unlike some other similar games, these cars all have a very different and distinct feel to them. Trust me, if you like Forza, you'll enjoy Forza Horizon.

News Comments > U.K. Charts
1. Re: U.K. Charts Oct 30, 2012, 23:27 JediPunisher

Hard to believe Warfighter was number one...
This is the worst Medal of Honor game ever, and one of the worst first person shooters that I've ever played. Bad MP, boring SP, brain dead AI, disappointing visuals, and several glitched achievements. I feel sorry for the fool who is lucky enough to make it through this game on Hardcore (no deaths allowed) only to find the achievements don't pop...
at least, the first of the two didn't for me. Wall

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2012, 23:33.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 28, 2012, 19:33 JediPunisher

I used to be a proud PC gamer; My last rig cost over $3K.
But, due to the lack of quality PC games, I find myself playing my XBox 360 much more.
I even moved my 360 to my desk, connected to my PC monitor. It sure would be nice if it functioned at full HD res along with mouse/keyboard support... maybe next-gen.
Better yet, the next-gen XBox should offer upgradeable memory, cpu, and video chips... merging the lines between PC and console. In other words, a return to the glory days of Commodore Amiga and Atari ST gaming computers. Yeah, it'll never happen.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 28, 2012, 14:32 JediPunisher

The Game Console Is Dead. What Will Replace It?

The PC, of course.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
49. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 24, 2012, 15:55 JediPunisher

Verno wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 09:28:
I actually filtered their ad servers on my router, amazing how much of the interface is taken up by ads. Then I got annoyed and sold my Xbox since Microsoft no longer cares about making exclusive, interesting games.

Nice tip for 360 owners... Windows 8 users should also take note...
Once Microsoft has hoodwinked enough users into upgrading, those ads are coming to your PC!

News Comments > Loot Drop Drops Kickstarter
17. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 22, 2012, 12:58 JediPunisher

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 12:16:
JediPunisher wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 12:13:
The power of a good name should not be underestimated. How many copies would DOOM have sold if it had been named SHAKER?

The same because it was ground breaking, but I agree a name can help and hurt in general. They just didn't put enough effort into organizing this.

Yes, Doom was ground breaking, but I still think the cool name helped the sales.
But, a better example would've been, what if S.T.A.L.K.E.R. had been named SHAKER.

40. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 22, 2012, 12:36 JediPunisher

I also hate the Metro UI on my Adbox 360.
As with the 360, it won't be long before Microsoft pushes video ads on us through Windows 8... That could be a HUGE revenue stream for MS, and might be the real reason they are forcing Metro on us.

News Comments > Loot Drop Drops Kickstarter
13. Re: Loot Drop Drops Kickstarter Oct 22, 2012, 12:13 JediPunisher

I'm not surprised. When you begin a Kickstarter without a name for your project, you're in trouble. "An RPG by Brenda Brathwaite and Tom Hall" is not the way to attract donations; Those aren't exactly household names. When they finally named it SHAKER, that was good for a laugh; That better suits a Kinect dance game than an rpg.

Another with a similar problem was Jane Jensen. She started her Kickstarter as "Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road Studio", but at least she was well known to fans. Later, her project was named Moebius and was successfully funded at about 150%, but it wasn't looking good for awhile. I can only imagine how much money she would've raked in if she had begun her Kickstarter as "Gabriel Knight creator Jane Jensen presents Moebius."

The power of a good name should not be underestimated. How many copies would DOOM have sold if it had been named SHAKER?

10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 21, 2012, 17:13 JediPunisher

I will NEVER upgrade to Windows 8!
MS has made a huge mistake trying to ram this Metro UI down our throats...It's fine on a phone or tablet, but not on my f-ing desktop! Furious

My God, who's in charge at MS since Bill Gates took a hike?
I can't imagine that the thousands of geeks and power users employed by MS haven't voiced their outrage at having their desktop PCs turned into iPad clones. Call me cynical, but I think Microsoft is trying to kill its stock price so they can buy their shares back at a bargain price just before announcing a Metro-less Windows 9.

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds Kickstarter
32. Re: Star Citizen Adds Kickstarter Oct 19, 2012, 18:00 JediPunisher

Due to the rocky start, my confidence in this project is not high, but I loved the WC & Privateer games so Iím in at $30.  

249 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo