Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jedi

Real Name Jedi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JediPunisher
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 3, 2002, 22:42
Total Comments 272 (Amateur)
User ID 13530

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
23. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 14:09 JediPunisher

$21M Goal - add Derek Smart to the team.

But seriously, I just hope this doesn't turn into another Battlecruiser 3000AD.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 5, 2013, 00:55 JediPunisher

Yippee!! The XB1 has a boosted clock rate of 1.75 GHz!!! Amazing! Beam

Wait a minute... Wasn't the AdBox 360 clocked at 3.2 GHz???
Well, at least XB1 games have access to 8 cores 6 cores versus 3 on the 360.
Half the clock speed and double the cores... Looks like a wash to me.
Someone, please remind me why I preordered this. Flush
Oh, that's right... the XB1's processing power is boosted by "the power of The Cloud!"

News Comments > Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure Next Year
6. Re: Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure Next Year Aug 29, 2013, 16:51 JediPunisher

Can't wait for this one... I'm glad I Kickstarted it.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Video
12. Re: Wasteland 2 Video Aug 29, 2013, 16:40 JediPunisher

Things are looking good.
It appears Brian Fargo will deliver on his promises, and my $250 pledge has been put to good use.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2013, 16:46.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 28, 2013, 15:13 JediPunisher

HardOCP is reporting about a study in the Journal of Youth and Adolescence that found that violent video games do not cause teens to become aggressive, and in fact had a "slight calming effect" on vulnerable teens. In other words, Chris Lane would not be dead if GTA V had been released a couple of weeks ago.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 28, 2013, 14:46 JediPunisher

Yes, let's ban violent and addictive video games!
Society would be sooo much safer if we turn millions of teens loose on the streets with too much free time and nothing to do.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 28, 2013, 00:30 JediPunisher

Well, I’ve finally found a mouse to replace my trusty old MX1100… I just preordered the G602.

While the G700s is great, the need for daily charging via a big stiff cable really kills it. So, the MX1100 has been my primary mouse for years.
The G602 has 11 buttons versus 10 on the MX1100 and 13 on the G700.
The battery life is between 250-1400 hours on a pair of AAs… amazing when you consider that the G700s can only last a few hours between charges.
The G700s offers an insane 8200 DPI, which is great for first-person shooters if you like spinning in circles with a flick of your wrist. The G602 maxes out at a more sensible 2500 DPI. And I like the fact that the G602 has no tilt-scroll wheel… Too many times I’ve inadvertently clicked the wheel while using the tilt function, or vice-versa.

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 21:51:
Wireless and gaming mouse do not go together.

I'm guessing you haven't used a wireless gaming mouse in the past few years. Some people hate wireless mice due to lag and low report rates, but those problems are a distant memory... The G602 has a USB report rate of 500Hz.

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
36. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 19:20 JediPunisher

ventry wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 17:49:
That ran like shit when released on the PC and STILLLLLL has the bug where if you use an optical mouse you can't play bowling,darts,pool,ETC.

Yeah, it's sad, but many console -> PC ports are best played with a gamepad.

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
29. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 17:17 JediPunisher

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 15:57:
Shrug. I have not finished a GTA game since the 2d ones. For me at least, the 3d ones are mostly sandbox police murder games. I don't play the storylines.

Did you play GTA IV? It was far more than a “sandbox police murder game”… It was a Russian mafia sandbox police murder game with the best storyline in the series.
Nevertheless, San Andreas was still my favorite, due to its larger sandbox; That's why I'm excited for GTA V... It looks like San Andreas on steroids.

News Comments > Steve Ballmer to Retire
32. Re: Steve Ballmer to Retire Aug 23, 2013, 15:36 JediPunisher

Somehow I picture a angry mob of disgruntled customers with torches and pitchforks storming the castle. Bat
I hope Ballmer doesn't fall out of a Window on his way out.
But, I've got to give him credit... Steve did the impossible by making many desktop Windows 8 users miss DOS.

News Comments > Legend of Dungeon Preorders Get Beta Access
2. Re: Legend of Dungeon Preorders Get Beta Access Aug 13, 2013, 23:39 JediPunisher

Legend of Dungeon: it's sort of a retro Atari 2600 Gauntlet-style co-op game, but with modern pixel shaders. While the game looks mildly interesting, I threw a few dollars at the Kickstarter last year because these are the kinds of independent developers that we need to support.  

News Comments > Wasteland Re-release Plans
34. Re: Wasteland Re-release Plans Aug 11, 2013, 17:12 JediPunisher

I loved Strike Commander... and the new PC I had to build to run the thing. I also enjoyed Pacific Strike... but not as much as Wings of Glory.  

News Comments > Wasteland Re-release Plans
27. Re: Wasteland Re-release Plans Aug 10, 2013, 23:22 JediPunisher

Why all the hate for old DOS games? Some of the best games I ever played were DOS games... and half the fun was getting them to run in the first place.

I never played Wasteland, but I did play EA's Wasteland clone/unofficial sequel, Fountain of Wet Dreams which I picked up for a dollar about 15 years ago. It was similar to Bards Tale, but with Killer Clowns, and I enjoyed it enough that I played it to completion. I hear Wasteland was better with more depth, so I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 4, 2013, 16:43 JediPunisher

#5 - XB1 will support a wireless keyboard and mouse... just wishful thinking.

With the direction Microsoft is headed, we'll be lucky if Win9 desktops support them.

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Engine Features
13. Re: Watch_Dogs Engine Features Jul 7, 2013, 17:22 JediPunisher

shihonage wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 04:17:
It is quite possible that PS4 games will look better than what the highest-end PC can pull off.

I doubt the PS4 would be a match for my $3K gaming PC... but I get your point... Microsh!t’s operating systems are horribly inefficient and bloated, and like the Intel x86 PC architecture, its primary purpose was never as a gaming platform. However, the PC has overcome its limitations with sheer power.

Now I would believe that games on the PS4 will look better than a PC costing three times as much.

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Engine Features
8. Re: Watch_Dogs Engine Features Jul 6, 2013, 18:27 JediPunisher

swedishfriend wrote on Jul 6, 2013, 13:22:
So, according to the article the PS4 version will look better than the 180 but they are trying to get it as close as possible.

Still, I would be shocked if the PS4, with its more powerful GPU and faster memory, doesn't at least have higher levels of AA.
And it wouldn't surprise me if the PS4 has better shader and particle effects as well.

Still the 180 has Xbox Live going for it... Now, if only they'd include the dang chat headset so you can keep your family out of the conversation (Kinect chat by default).

News Comments > Report: Don Mattrick Leaving Microsoft for Zynga
24. Re: Report: Don Mattrick Leaving Microsoft for Zynga Jul 1, 2013, 16:33 JediPunisher

I am very surprised that the headline doesn't read...
Don Mattrick Leaving Microsoft for Sony
... especially after the great job he did at E3 convincing Xbox fanboys to preorder the PS4.

News Comments > Bethesda Denies Fallout 4 E3 Showings
12. Re: Bethesda Denies Fallout 4 E3 Showings Jun 20, 2013, 17:55 JediPunisher

Fallout 3 shipped 4.7M copies worldwide in its first week alone… So, there is no doubt that Bethesda is working on a sequel. Was it shown behind closed doors? I’m guessing yes, but it doesn’t really matter… we know a sequel is coming.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Legal Tangle
21. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Legal Tangle Jun 20, 2013, 17:48 JediPunisher

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2013, 17:53.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
196. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2013, 23:20 JediPunisher

FU wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 20:21:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC8FbgGnd0

haha

Yes, that's Microsoft Sony executive Don Mattrick doing what he does best.

272 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo