Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jedi

Real Name Jedi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JediPunisher
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 3, 2002, 22:42
Total Comments 286 (Amateur)
User ID 13530

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
21. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 28, 2013, 00:11 JediPunisher

Hellbinder wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 18:38:
"" at least Forza 5 has been confirmed to be running at 1080p/60fps""

uh no its not. its impossible. its being rendered at 720p and then being upscaled to 1080p resolution for display. The very thing that this article is bringing to light.

The point is all games on the xbone will have to be rendered at 720p.

WRONG. In the article, FXAA creator Tim Lottes is quoted as saying the ESRAM is the problem; 32MB of ESRAM is enough to do 2xMSAA forward shading at 1080p, but most titles attempting deferred shading will be stuck at 720p with FXAA. In other words, most cross-platform games utilize deferred shading baked into the engine, so they’ll be stuck at 720p with FXAA. Xbox One exclusives, such as Forza5, may have custom engines that allow for forward shading. Microsoft has mandated that ALL XBone games have at least 2xAA.

Forza 5 has been confirmed by MS and Turn10 Studios as native 1080p/60fps with 2xAA, and it looks fabulous.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 27, 2013, 16:50 JediPunisher

A couple of months ago, there was a rumor that MS was considering pulling their consoles (already manufactured and boxed) and upgrading their memory chips; That would’ve been the smart move, but a costly one, and the XB1 would’ve likely been late to the party. Some idiot CEO thought it was better to trust “the cloud” and ignore that advice, marching blindly forward rather than delaying the launch. Hmmm, that sounds familiar… has Steve been moonlighting as an Obamacare website designer?  

7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 27, 2013, 15:35 JediPunisher

Honestly, I'm a little pissed. These rumors appear to be true; Activision has been unsuccessful in trying to utilize "The Power of the Cloud"tm for a resolution bump. Like a fool, I preordered the Xbox 720p months ago and it's too late to preorder the PS4. Oh well, at least Forza 5 has been confirmed to be running at 1080p/60fps. And XBone still has Xbox Live going for it, which usually offers a better MP experience than the PC or PS... I just hope those smack talking 5 year olds are too busy fiddling with their Kinects to be thrashing me in CoD.

It's possible that CoD at 1080p with little or no AA might suffer from temporal aliasing (texture flickering and dot crawl) and actually look worse than at 720p with high levels of AA. Goodluck

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2013, 15:50.

News Comments > AMD Beta Drivers
1. Re: AMD Beta Drivers Oct 25, 2013, 20:36 JediPunisher

I'm really tempted by the new R9 290X... TITAN level performance at almost half the price (it actually beats the Titan at 4K resolutions). One card has twice the performance of my Toxic HD5850 crossfire duo, and would eat 200W less... but my 3.5 year old i7-980x based PC runs everything I throw at it without breaking a sweat, so it's hard to justify the upgrade. Maybe the PC ports of the next-gen console games will really push the envelope, but I won't hold by breath.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video
65. Re: Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video Oct 23, 2013, 19:29 JediPunisher

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 18:40:
Julio wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 18:31:
JediPunisher wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 18:26:
Speaking of which, where is the infamous Derek Smart?

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

Nooooooo!!!
Time to grab the holy water and hide under my desk. Lipsrsealed

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video
59. Re: Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video Oct 23, 2013, 18:26 JediPunisher

Well, if you give me $24 million, I can make a kick-ass trailer too!

This insane crowd funding total just goes to show how much PC gamers hunger for space combat sims. But, I just want a good reason to dig out my old CH Flighstick Pro & Pro Throttle.
I really do hope this game is a worthy successor to Wing Commander/Privateer... but I'm afraid we'll end up with something closer to Battlecruiser 3000AD.

Speaking of which, where is the infamous Derek Smart? I'm surprised he hasn't started his own Kickstarter campaign (but then he couldn't blame everything on his publishers). Just remember not to speak (or type) his name three times while gazing into a mirror (or your PC screen)... He's been known to read forum posts and unleash his wrath on those who do. Evil

News Comments > Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers Remake Announced
3. Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers Remake Announced Oct 8, 2013, 16:02 JediPunisher

My God, has it been 20 years since the original?
Great game! IMHO, the first Gabriel Knight game was the best.
It had an excellent voice cast, including: Tim Curry, Leah Remini, Michael Dorn, and Mark Hamill.
I've played tons of games over the years, and while adventure games aren't my favorite, Sins of the Fathers was the best of the genre.

The new art looks incredible compared to the pixelated original, and I look forward to playing it again, and I encourage others who missed it to do the same.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
8. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 7, 2013, 18:32 JediPunisher

mag wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 03:44:
I'm perfectly pleased with my G700s.

The G700s is almost perfect... except for the short battery life and thick recharge cable.

Logitech needs to figure out a way to add a shake charger and/or a solar cell to the palm area of the G700s which would greatly extend the battery life. Certainly, it would add $10-20 to the cost of the mouse, but it would be well worth it.

I'd also like to see a pinky button to act as shift key, effectively doubling the number of buttons.

4. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 5, 2013, 00:15 JediPunisher

No 12th button... Switch on top of mouse selects between higher drain performance and endurance modes (not for dpi, but the 500Hz report rate I assume), and is not programmable.

The mouse wheel has no left/right tilt. So, it's basically the same wheel from their $10 mouse.

2. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 4, 2013, 16:43 JediPunisher

Quboid wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 10:45:
Kinda wish I hadn't just bought a mouse. That Logitech G602 looks rather nice.

Be happy you didn't... I just returned mine for a refund.

Twice the reviewer talked about 12 buttons... but the G602 has only 11 buttons. If he can't get something that basic right, you should ignore the review.

The G602 looks sharp and works great; the 2500dpi is plenty and the tracking is perfect... but the mouse feels cheap compared to other premium Logitech mice I've owned. For example, the mouse wheel is the same one from their budget mice, and lacks the tilt function; You can barely feel the notches, and it is so tight when turning, that scrolling long pages is a chore. The six thumb buttons all feel the same and are simply too close together to be useful in a FPS or any fast action game where pressing the wrong button could mean death. Also, the mouse doesn't fit my hand well, and textured surface feels weird, similar to sandpaper. And did I mention the driver software is buggy? In all, I was very disappointed in this mouse. If only Logitech would put the G602's new sensor in the G700s... then we could game for weeks between charges, and I'll be first in line to buy one.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 25, 2013, 14:50 JediPunisher

Young kids are heavily influenced by games like GTA … Their minds are like sponges, soaking up everything around them and integrating it into their psyche. It’s the responsibility of parents to shield their young impressionable kids from games like this… But I believe many parents are really buying this game for themselves, and are just ashamed to admit it to the store clerk.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 10, 2013, 00:31 JediPunisher

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 20:21:
Also grabbed the 149 super sweet edition of GTA5 today. Get to throw the money bag in my GTA4 lockbox. :)

To complete your swag, you should order the green Los Santos sheriff cap.
I been wearing mine about a week, and already had a few compliments on it... It's actually pretty nice and worth the $15.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 18:22 JediPunisher

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 18:14:
Imagine Vin Diesel saying it...that tone.

Better yet, James Earl Jones.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 17:40 JediPunisher

"Xbox One vs. PS4 Performance Debate Rages."

No contest... While the PS4 has more powerful hardware, the XB1's processing power is boosted up to 600% by "the power of The Cloud! " tm

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
23. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 14:09 JediPunisher

$21M Goal - add Derek Smart to the team.

But seriously, I just hope this doesn't turn into another Battlecruiser 3000AD.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 5, 2013, 00:55 JediPunisher

Yippee!! The XB1 has a boosted clock rate of 1.75 GHz!!! Amazing! Beam

Wait a minute... Wasn't the AdBox 360 clocked at 3.2 GHz???
Well, at least XB1 games have access to 8 cores 6 cores versus 3 on the 360.
Half the clock speed and double the cores... Looks like a wash to me.
Someone, please remind me why I preordered this. Flush
Oh, that's right... the XB1's processing power is boosted by "the power of The Cloud!"

News Comments > Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure Next Year
6. Re: Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure Next Year Aug 29, 2013, 16:51 JediPunisher

Can't wait for this one... I'm glad I Kickstarted it.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Video
12. Re: Wasteland 2 Video Aug 29, 2013, 16:40 JediPunisher

Things are looking good.
It appears Brian Fargo will deliver on his promises, and my $250 pledge has been put to good use.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2013, 16:46.

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 28, 2013, 15:13 JediPunisher

HardOCP is reporting about a study in the Journal of Youth and Adolescence that found that violent video games do not cause teens to become aggressive, and in fact had a "slight calming effect" on vulnerable teens. In other words, Chris Lane would not be dead if GTA V had been released a couple of weeks ago.  

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 28, 2013, 14:46 JediPunisher

Yes, let's ban violent and addictive video games!
Society would be sooo much safer if we turn millions of teens loose on the streets with too much free time and nothing to do.

286 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo