Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jedi

Real Name Jedi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JediPunisher
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 3, 2002, 22:42
Total Comments 282 (Amateur)
User ID 13530

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 14, 2014, 00:24 JediPunisher

I noticed that Amazon has Blackguards at 40% off, so I picked it up.
Most of the negativity surrounding this game seems to come from those who expected a fully fleshed out rpg, but found it to be more of a combat heavy turn-based strategy game... but at $24 you can't go wrong.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
35. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2014, 17:29 JediPunisher

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 09:37:
Uhhh wow marketing... The bots in that game are horrible and the game runs at 792p on the Xbox One with noticeable slowdown and screen tearing.

Yes, but without that incredible boost in performance thanks to The Power of The Cloud the game would be running at only 720p.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 28, 2014, 14:55 JediPunisher

This OS is so bad that Microsh!t has to give it away.

News Comments > Tex Murphy - Project Fedora's 2K Graphics
8. Re: Tex Murphy - Project Fedora's 2K Graphics Feb 28, 2014, 14:48 JediPunisher

I’ve missed those old Tex Murphy games… so I pledged for the boxed collector’s edition.

As far as the 2K resolution is concerned, I’m guessing that they’re shooting scenes at DCI 2K CinemaScope resolution (2048 x 858); That is the 2.39:1 very-wide screen aspect ratio used for some movies, which will appear letterboxed. It’s still possible, though unlikely, that it’s true DCI2K format (2048x1080), which would be a first.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 26, 2014, 00:33 JediPunisher

avianflu wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 08:43:
Both systems are still overpriced for the tech they output.

Agreed. When the Xbox 360 was released over 8 years ago, it was on par with a mid-range gaming PC costing over $1000.
Today, the XBone is closer in performance to a low-end PC costing half of that.

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 24, 2014, 19:25 JediPunisher

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 19:18:
Christ, are they still touting that shit?

Can you imagine the insane power of the PS4 if Sony learns to harness the limitless power of The Cloud? It boggles the mind.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 24, 2014, 19:14 JediPunisher

"Let’s be clear about this: Xbox One fully supports 1080p at 60 frames-per-second," said Eagle...
"It’s up to individual developers. Performance in this era comes from three areas: hardware, software and The Cloud."

In other words, the XBone won't be so pathetic when developers finally learn how to harness the incredible power of The Cloud! Fingerscrossed Pray

Who wants to bet the Microsh!t releases an upgraded XB1.1 with 8GB DDR5, minus Kinect, in time for Christmas for $399?

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2014, 19:20.

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 18, 2013, 14:04 JediPunisher

NamecaF wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 23:13:
I much prefer the days of physical over digital.

1a. You owned something physical, not just an intangible "license"
1b. Which grants you additional legal rights (at least here in Australia) including consumer rights so you're entitled to refunds (unlike Steam)
2. You always had access to the game/files forever. They couldn't be revoked or pulled or disabled like digital games/files can!
3. Quicker to copy and install (than download a 20gb game)
4. Doesnt use up your bandwidth and broadband quota
5. Could be lent to a friend or easily installed on your second PC/laptop

The only drawback to physical was in relation to having to always have the disc in your drive to play the game (legally-gray "cracks" were always a good way to circumvent this though)

Digital is just convenient - but by no means better IMHO.

You missed a big one...
6. With physical media, you can sell your used console games and get up to half your money back!!

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
5. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 11, 2013, 22:30 JediPunisher

Future headline: John Romero made CliffyB his b!tch Glomp and they begot Diakatana 2! Family

News Comments > Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming?
56. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 4, 2013, 18:17 JediPunisher

Bundy wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 17:49:
I'm not arguing that win8 is well received, because its not, just saying that there are better metrics to use to support the claim.

Well, you can't really argue with the official numbers. Four times as many people switched to Windows 7 last month than Windows 8 (I'd wager some of those were downgrades).

51. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 4, 2013, 17:33 JediPunisher

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 14:31:
Let's be realistic, the big hate in Win8 comes from two things: UEFI and MS bootlock mixing, the bootlock is trivial to bypass and ignore. The second was the playskool UI, which was also trivial to replace.

If you think those are the only reasons why we hate Windows 8 then you have your head firmly planted up Microsoft's ass in the sand. I really don't have the time to list all of our gripes, but you could just Bing it.

Since the release of 8.1, Windows 8's total market share is up from 8.9% to 9.3%... less than half of one percentage point over a two month period. At this rate, Win8 will be lucky to hit 12% market share by then end of 2014. What's worse is that most Windows 8 users simply HATE IT. Just look at Amazon user ratings... over HALF of Win8.1 Pro-Full owners rated it ONE STAR; Only 25% rated it 4 stars or higher vs 62% for Win7.

47. Re: Windows/Xbox Convergence Coming? Dec 4, 2013, 14:03 JediPunisher

BitWraith wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 11:33:
I guess I just don't get it. I have been using Windows 8 since launch, and I don't see where all the hate is coming from.

Just because you like your Prius, doesn't mean the rest of us want to give up our gas guzzling muscle cars.

News Comments > Rambo: The Video Game Trailer
8. Re: Rambo: The Video Game Trailer Nov 5, 2013, 22:21 JediPunisher

The game looks like crap, but I want that Rambo bobblehead!  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 2, 2013, 22:23 JediPunisher

Xbox One: 'Kinect Cannot Transmit Facial Images'

Probably a good thing, since most XBone owners (including myself) will have sour faces after sinking 500 bucks
on a next-gen console that will only play COD at the same 720p as their 8 year old 360. Urk

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 31, 2013, 22:42 JediPunisher

nin wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 21:44:
And last month's was Rainbow 6 Vegas from like 5 years ago, right?

November 20, 2006

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
30. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 28, 2013, 16:35 JediPunisher

Creston wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 16:16:
But, remember: TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV.

YES! Who gives a sh!t about the games... I want to spend half a grand so I can watch TV while the XBone NSA watches me.

21. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 28, 2013, 00:11 JediPunisher

Hellbinder wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 18:38:
"" at least Forza 5 has been confirmed to be running at 1080p/60fps""

uh no its not. its impossible. its being rendered at 720p and then being upscaled to 1080p resolution for display. The very thing that this article is bringing to light.

The point is all games on the xbone will have to be rendered at 720p.

WRONG. In the article, FXAA creator Tim Lottes is quoted as saying the ESRAM is the problem; 32MB of ESRAM is enough to do 2xMSAA forward shading at 1080p, but most titles attempting deferred shading will be stuck at 720p with FXAA. In other words, most cross-platform games utilize deferred shading baked into the engine, so they’ll be stuck at 720p with FXAA. Xbox One exclusives, such as Forza5, may have custom engines that allow for forward shading. Microsoft has mandated that ALL XBone games have at least 2xAA.

Forza 5 has been confirmed by MS and Turn10 Studios as native 1080p/60fps with 2xAA, and it looks fabulous.

9. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 27, 2013, 16:50 JediPunisher

A couple of months ago, there was a rumor that MS was considering pulling their consoles (already manufactured and boxed) and upgrading their memory chips; That would’ve been the smart move, but a costly one, and the XB1 would’ve likely been late to the party. Some idiot CEO thought it was better to trust “the cloud” and ignore that advice, marching blindly forward rather than delaying the launch. Hmmm, that sounds familiar… has Steve been moonlighting as an Obamacare website designer?  

7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 27, 2013, 15:35 JediPunisher

Honestly, I'm a little pissed. These rumors appear to be true; Activision has been unsuccessful in trying to utilize "The Power of the Cloud"tm for a resolution bump. Like a fool, I preordered the Xbox 720p months ago and it's too late to preorder the PS4. Oh well, at least Forza 5 has been confirmed to be running at 1080p/60fps. And XBone still has Xbox Live going for it, which usually offers a better MP experience than the PC or PS... I just hope those smack talking 5 year olds are too busy fiddling with their Kinects to be thrashing me in CoD.

It's possible that CoD at 1080p with little or no AA might suffer from temporal aliasing (texture flickering and dot crawl) and actually look worse than at 720p with high levels of AA. Goodluck

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2013, 15:50.

News Comments > AMD Beta Drivers
1. Re: AMD Beta Drivers Oct 25, 2013, 20:36 JediPunisher

I'm really tempted by the new R9 290X... TITAN level performance at almost half the price (it actually beats the Titan at 4K resolutions). One card has twice the performance of my Toxic HD5850 crossfire duo, and would eat 200W less... but my 3.5 year old i7-980x based PC runs everything I throw at it without breaking a sweat, so it's hard to justify the upgrade. Maybe the PC ports of the next-gen console games will really push the envelope, but I won't hold by breath.  

282 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo