Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jedi

Real Name Jedi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JediPunisher
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 3, 2002, 22:42
Total Comments 340 (Amateur)
User ID 13530

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Trailers
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Trailers Jun 16, 2015, 18:44 JediPunisher

As a fan of the series, I've played to completion the first 6 AssCreed games and due to my gaming ocd, I've finished every mission, found every secret, and collected every page/feather/chest/etc. For me, the series ultimately lost its fun factor and became a grind... and after the buggy mess that was Unity, stick a fork in me, I'm done.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 13, 2015, 18:13 JediPunisher

I have no interest in GoW, but I have to admit to ogling Kate Upton when she asks me to rise to the occasion and be her champion.
While I like Mariah Carey, she just might have to offer her champions a little blue pill.

News Comments > The Bards Tale Trilogy for The Bards Tale IV Backers
11. Re: The Bards Tale Trilogy for The Bards Tale IV Backers Jun 11, 2015, 19:10 JediPunisher

Sadly, the total was reset...
With 26,916 backers the total stands at only $12,189 raised; That's less than 50 cents per backer... must be a glitch.

[Update] Never mind, it was just fixed. Kickstarter really needs to work on those website bugs.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2015, 19:15.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 2, 2015, 00:06 JediPunisher

Since Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb are both huge Fallout fans, I think we can call that Fallout 4 rumor confirmed.
If I remember correctly, Morgan once talked about building a new PC to play FO3 while Adam's obsession with that game bordered on fanatical.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
29. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 16:01 JediPunisher

I love Obsidian RPGs and thrilled with the positive reviews (93% metacritic), especially after sinking $150 on the boxed CE & playing cards...
However, based on my prior experience with their games, I'm trying very hard to resist the temptation to jump in before the first mega-patch is released.

BTW, I think it says something about how good Obsidian games are that so many of us are willing to throw tons of cash at them just for the chance to take up arms in the battle of the bugs.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2015, 16:10.

News Comments > Descent Reboot Kickstarter
18. Re: Descent Reboot Kickstarter Mar 10, 2015, 23:38 JediPunisher

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 22:26:
I was just about to pull the trigger on a pledge until I saw no single-player. Funny as I prefer multi-player normally but my fond memories of this game come from single-player.

Same here... I was all set to jump in at $30 until I read,
"MULTIPLAYER is the heart of Descent: Underground".
No thanks... I don't want my ass handed to me by someone with much less skill just because they have a superior ship from a higher pledge tier.
I miss the old Descent single-player game.

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
143. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 18:12 JediPunisher

Creston wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 17:46:
The government can levy a tax on internet service whenever it wants to), but why would it get slower?

Do you really think more people watching Netflix will make the Internet faster?
There are many bottlenecks in the Internet, and it will take time and money to improve them... In the meantime, expect slower speeds and bandwidth caps.

140. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 17:29 JediPunisher

I'm tired of every debate devolving into Rep vs Dem, Lib vs Con, FOX vs CNN.
The truth is, most of us are liberal on some issues and conservative on others... but this should not be a political issue.

Given the government's track record, we all should be against more government control of anything!
Obama's FCC just grabbed control of the Internet... They plan to "spread the broadband around" to those with crappy service and limit an ISPís ability to throttle service for certain content (such as Netflix). It sounds ok, but it'll probably result in higher costs and slower broadband for the rest of us.

But what happens when the political pendulum swings the other direction? I can guarantee you the Republicans won't give up control of the Internet... They'll appoint a conservative FCC chairman who will attempt to censor content. Just wait and see...

54. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:28 JediPunisher

Cl1mh4224rd wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:01:
JediPunisher wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:54:
That will all change, as ISPs have to bring those areas up to par... which will take years and cost a fortune, which will be passed along to us. Not to mention that the QoS for the rest of us will suck as ISPs try to save money by overloading their server nodes as they spread their existing bandwidth around.

The obvious solution would be to allow local governments to buy existing "last mile" infrastructure, or construct their own (which is what part of this vote was about), and then lease that infrastructure to willing ISPs.

And who pays for that again??

49. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:23 JediPunisher

Cl1mh4224rd wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:55:
Like all those rivers that companies used as waste dumps. The government really fucked that up. Clean water! Who ever heard of such nonsense...?

Do you think the government is any better?
Look at the Hanford debacle...
The cleanup will cost another $110 BILLION and won't be finished until 2060!

29. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 19:54 JediPunisher

Gas Bandit wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:08:
Squeal like a pig, you shits. Competition. YES. Sew those nipple-flaps in your shirts up, because the gravy train is DERAILED.

Ok, exactly how is that going to work? ISPs will now be treated like utilities... Not a lot of competition there. The idea is that every household has water, gas, and electric, so every household should have access to broadband.

One of the many problems with net neutrality is that ISPs such as Comcast invest tons of money for infrastructure into the regions that will produce that best bang for their buck... So, they might lay fiber optic cable in a middle class neighborhood, school or business district long before less affluent or less populous areas. That will all change, as ISPs have to bring those areas up to par... which will take years and cost a fortune, which will be passed along to us. Not to mention that the QoS for the rest of us will suck as ISPs try to save money by overloading their server nodes as they spread their existing bandwidth around.

6. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 19:03 JediPunisher

This is the beginning of the end... Uhoh  

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter
19. Re: Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Feb 4, 2015, 17:01 JediPunisher

vrok wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 13:25:
Graphics look fine. Obviously graphics whores are not part of the intended target audience.

Yes, it looks pretty good for a Kickstarter game on a $600K budget. However, if this game raises millions, I will expect a corresponding bump in visual fidelity.

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter
18. Re: Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Feb 4, 2015, 16:46 JediPunisher

The Ultima Underworld games were some of my favorites... so I pledged for a boxed CE.

I agree with the others about the removal of Amazon Payments from Kickstarter. This is certain to hamper fundraising to some degree.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 2, 2015, 18:36 JediPunisher

The Halo 5 limited edition bundle is a great deal!
Uhm, wait a minute... Looks like $250 only buys the game... No console included. Shocked
I remember the old days, when $70 would buy a Halo 2 Limited Edition.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Google Fiber Leads To More Piracy Dec 30, 2014, 17:23 JediPunisher

Yes, of course it does... just as higher speed limits lead to more car crashes.
So, what's the solution... dial up modems and 10mph speed limits?

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
41. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 11, 2014, 15:59 JediPunisher

TangledThorns wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 01:08:
I already finished the game twice on hard so I may try Nightmare in a month.

Wow, really? Once through on hard and I said, "Thank God that's over!"
Why would anyone want to torture themselves on Nightmare mode without even so much as an achievement to show for it?
I would sooner offer myself up for CIA interrogation. Whip

35. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 17:11 JediPunisher

jomisab wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 12:52:
Just started the game, and now I'm glad I chose easy.

Save frequently, never run, and prepare to die! Dead

34. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 17:00 JediPunisher

warmbluelasers wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 15:37:
Does this magically invalidate my hard playthrough in progress towards the "complete the game on the hardest difficulty" achievement? Has this already gone live? This is some uselessly nebulous information from the developers.

No, and Yes.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month
6. Re: Might & Magic Heroes III HD Next Month Dec 10, 2014, 12:04 JediPunisher

Dang! I misread it as Might & Magic III HD.  

340 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo