Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jedi

Real Name Jedi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JediPunisher
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 3, 2002, 22:42
Total Comments 286 (Amateur)
User ID 13530

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded
29. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 17:13 JediPunisher

Cutter wrote on May 28, 2012, 07:43:
I still have my I76 discs and listen to the funk on them. A new I76 would be a day one purchase for me!

Rockstar should purchase the rights to I'76... They could make an awesome sequel, GTA with vehicular combat, complete with a groovy 70's soundtrack.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 05:30 JediPunisher

Drezden wrote on May 27, 2012, 20:11:
Redline was a wannabe Interstate '76 and I never thought it was nearly as good.
Just give me a true I'76 sequel with weight classes and custom setups like the original.

YES! We need a true Interstate '76 sequel (I'82 is best forgotten).
Redline is not worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as I'76... that's like comparing Daikatana to Half-Life.

8. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 27, 2012, 17:33 JediPunisher

I'm more interested in the Tex Murphy Kickstarter...

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Security
36. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 23, 2012, 07:08 JediPunisher

Dirwulf wrote on May 23, 2012, 04:47:
You wrote a really long post that is 100% pure bullshit.

Well, you should thank Walt for writing such a pithy essay... One of his more garrulous posts clocked in at 2441 words and 189 lines.
My mother always taught me to say something nice or nothing at all... so, WaltC, you have excellent typing skills.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Security
3. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 22, 2012, 22:08 JediPunisher

So, the comprimised Battle.net accounts aren't Blizzard's fault, it's ours for not buying their optional Battle.net Authenticator USB Key. Rolleyes

Last night, I couldn't play their damn single player game because Battle.net was down for 8 hours!
One more time, and I'm shelving Diablo3... I'm itching to play Max Payne 3 and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier anyway.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2012, 22:15.

News Comments > Origin Woos Crowd-Funded Games
12. Re: Origin Woos Crowd-Funded Games May 18, 2012, 23:31 JediPunisher

Looks like I was right when I predicted this in the Wasteland 2 thread... Brian Fargo and EA together again.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Concludes at $3M+
62. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Concludes at $3M+ May 18, 2012, 20:41 JediPunisher

Looks like I was right... Brian Fargo and EA together again...

"One of the confirmed projects appearing on Origin is Wasteland 2 from inXile Entertainment. “I have had a long relationship with EA and it is great to see them recognize and support the crowd-funded games model,” "We look forward to bringing Wasteland 2 to the Origin audience.” said Brian Fargo, CEO, inXile Entertainment.

News Comments > Tex Murphy Kickstarter
12. Re: Tex Murphy Kickstarter May 16, 2012, 19:34 JediPunisher

I just pledged $100 for the boxed collector's edition. Thumbsup
It's a shame that so many prominent PC developers have to approach us, hat in hand, to fund their games... because the big publishers are so fixated on the console market.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2012, 16:49.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Delayed
32. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed May 9, 2012, 17:40 JediPunisher

That's ok... Too many games, too little time.
Here are the big ones left this year... Am I missing anything?

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Q2 2012
Assassin's Creed III - 10/31/12
Borderlands 2 - 9/18/12
Call of Duty: Black Ops2 - 11/13/12
Diablo 3 - 5/15/12
Dragon's Dogma - 5/22/12
Far Cry 3 - 9/4/12
Ghost Recon Future Soldier - 5/22/12
GTA V - 2012
Halo 4 - 11/4/12
Max Payne 3 - 5/15/12
Medal of Honor: Warfighter - 10/23/12
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 2012
Metro 2: Last Light - 2012
Resident Evil 6 - 10/2/12
Tomb Raider (reboot) - 12/31/12

This comment was edited on May 9, 2012, 20:57.

News Comments > Jane Jensen's Kickstart Funded
5. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstart Funded May 8, 2012, 18:56 JediPunisher

nin wrote on May 8, 2012, 18:29:
Your posts are getting a little creepy. %)

Yeah, you're right... 3 posts in the past 2 weeks is a bit much. Freak
BTW, how much is the "stray hairs" edition?

This comment was edited on May 8, 2012, 19:08.

News Comments > Jane Jensen's Kickstart Funded
2. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstart Funded May 8, 2012, 18:20 JediPunisher

I pledged $51... but I'd quickly up that to $150 if they'd offer an autographed picture or CD from Jane's daughter, Raleigh Holmes... who fronts The Scarlet Furies.
She also has a lead role in Crawlspace, her first movie, with Steven Weber and Lori Loughlin... I think she's going to be a big star.

Raleigh Holmes Pic - "Safe in Arms" - "Bluegrass Hamlet" - "If I Had My Way"

This comment was edited on May 8, 2012, 19:01.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Kickstart Complete
2. Re: Shadowrun Returns Kickstart Complete Apr 29, 2012, 14:05 JediPunisher

Wow, that was a nail-biter! I was worried they wouldn't meet their fundraising goals.
Now for the hard part... we wait.

So far, I've sunk about $300 into Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, and Jane Jensen's Moebius...
and soon I'll be throwing more cash at the Tex Murphy - Project Fedora Kickstarter, which begins May 15th.

BTW, Jane Jensen still needs our help to meet her $300K goal for Moebius (about $60K short)... Given all of her Gabriel Knight fans, I'm surprised she hasn't tripled that by now.
Here's the link: http://kck.st/HejXwb While you're there, take the time to ogle her beautiful daughter Raleigh in the intro video.
Raleigh fronts The Scarlet Furies... I'd never heard of them until a week ago, but they are now my favorite new band.
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarletfuries/videos

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2012, 14:35.

News Comments > Jane Jensen's Moebius Revealed
8. The Scarlet Furies Apr 23, 2012, 01:38 JediPunisher

It's almost worth pledging $250 to see The Scarlet Furies in concert at Jane Jensen's home.
Who are The Scarlet Furies, you ask? Well, Jane's husband Robert Holmes composes the music for her games, and Raleigh Smitten2 , her stunning daughter, sings. They front a local band called The Scarlet Furies. I never heard of them before yesterday, but now I'm a huge fan! Where is Simon Cowell when you need him? Raleigh is better than anyone on American Idol this season. They have a few videos on Youtube... http://youtu.be/UeyQgBiHArA -- http://youtu.be/DAvO1A7ElAY --http://youtu.be/2Lldd0ljt20 -- http://youtu.be/3GXIZCaxQ4w
And you can see more of Raleigh on the Moebius Kickstarter page; She hosts the intro video: http://kck.st/HejXwb

46. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Concludes at $3M+ Apr 17, 2012, 21:54 JediPunisher

Draugr wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 21:32:
Right, because Brian Fargo appears to just be DYING to get in bed with a publisher. I'm going to have to disagree with you on that aspect.
It’s not that Fargo hates publishers, they are a necessary evil… it’s that they wouldn’t fund the projects he wanted to do.
Since Wasteland 2 is already funded, the publisher won’t get the chance to interfere with Brian’s vision for the game.
Besides, I doubt Brian Fargo wants to spend HALF of the pledges towards marketing, fulfillment, and product support. I’m sure you’ll agree, that money is better spent on game content.

43. Re: What's So Great about Wasteland? Apr 17, 2012, 21:38 JediPunisher

jdreyer wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 17:13:
I've been PC gaming since the '80s (Telengard, Ultima III, IV), but I must have missed Wasteland. Why is everyone so stoked on a modern take of this ancient game?
Why are we stoked? Here are two reasons…
Brian Fargo… the man responsible for many classic rpgs including The Bard’s Tale, Baldur’s Gate, Fallout and of course Wasteland.
Chris Avellone… the designer of one of the greatest crpgs of all time… Planescape: Torment.

BTW, I haven’t thought of Telenguard for decades… Wasn’t it similar to Temple of Apshi with random levels and musical puzzle chests?

41. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Concludes at $3M+ Apr 17, 2012, 21:13 JediPunisher

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 16:58:
The difference between all the other Kickstarter campaigns is Brian Fargo is a businessman and he knows how to stretch a dollar.
Yeah, and I’m guessing that to maximize odds for success, Fargo will put all $3M (minus fees and taxes) towards game development to the exclusion of all else, such as advertising, bonus items, etc. When the game nears completion, they can simply approach a publisher, such as Bethesda, and let them pick up the tab for playtesting, advertising, boxing, and distribution in exchange for a cut of retail sales.

22. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Concludes at $3M+ Apr 17, 2012, 15:27 JediPunisher

I donated $250 to the project... That might not be the wisest investment, but I miss the old school tactical rpgs.
Besides, I could always place that signed collector's edition on eBay.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Gold
24. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 16:02 JediPunisher

Hell Yes! I've been looking forward to this game for months. Boogie

For those who complain about the 10 hour length, grab some graph paper and play it in hardcore mode (no automap).

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2012, 16:11.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 8, 2012, 17:41 JediPunisher

I’ve never been an Apple fan, but I’ve been needing a good PDF reader for a long time for my technical manuals, books and trade magazines… so I gave in and ordered the new iPad.
My netbook is slow & clunky and I’d really like to see more than half a page at a time. So, I bought a Kindle Fire, which is the perfect size, but its resolution of 1024x600 is far too low.
What I really need is a Kindle Fire with retina display. In the meantime an iPad 3 will have to do. Nice

@Prez: Who needs a keyboard when you have voice dictation?

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock in April
4. Re: Legend of Grimrock in April Mar 2, 2012, 12:25 JediPunisher

I can not wait to play this game! I'm looking forward to it more than Diablo 3.
I was a big fan of those Dungeon Master/Eye of the Beholder games. Hopefully this game will be wildly successful and we'll see more dungeon crawls in the future.
I'll need to pick up a pad of graph paper, because I plan on playing in hardcore mode.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2012, 12:30.

286 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo