Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jedi

Real Name Jedi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JediPunisher
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 3, 2002, 22:42
Total Comments 304 (Amateur)
User ID 13530

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA5 Trailers Next Week
22. Re: GTA5 Trailers Next Week Apr 27, 2013, 00:19 JediPunisher

I’m hoping GTA5 is delayed for the next-gen consoles… Why?
Because the Piece of Sh4t and AdBloX720 are basically mid-range PCs. In fact, the 720 will actually be running a custom version of Windows 8.
Less custom architecture should mean better and more frequent PC ports, or vice versa... or in this case, the best PC GTA yet. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within
35. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 14:53 JediPunisher

Dang... I was really hoping for Fallout 4: Pirates of the Shivering Isles.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 14, 2013, 16:46 JediPunisher

I was one of the many who couldn't sign in to XBox Live last night, but at least I could still play a single player game...
something I won't be able to do with the XBox 720, if the rumors are true.

I hope Microsoft is beefing up server capacity...
If this happens again during the holidays, I predict a lot of XBox720 returns.

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall
36. Re: SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall Apr 9, 2013, 16:40 JediPunisher

Tomb Raider sold 3.5 million units... amazing numbers for this type of game. However, 5-6 million wasn't an unrealistic number, if Lara Croft was nude.

BTW, for those who haven't tried it, the game was excellent... the best Tomb Raider I've played since the first one from 1996. I'd rate it a 9/10.
Speaking of nines, Camilla Luddington does an excellent job with both the voice overs and motion capture... I really hope they cast her for the next movie.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted
16. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted Apr 8, 2013, 14:38 JediPunisher

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 14:26:
if he makes this another Ultima 8 or 9 disaster it's gonna be a laugh.

Most of us blame EA for those... so this is Richard's moment of truth.
At this point, I'd be happy thrilled if Richard sat alone in his basement and created another Ultima IV, blocky graphics and all.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted
14. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted Apr 8, 2013, 13:54 JediPunisher

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 09:41:
Is it just me, or are the numbers unusual on this KS? $1.9m but only 22k backers?

Actually, it tied Porject Fedora in per person funding.
Here are some popular Kickstarter games ranked high to low...

Shroud of the Avatar = $86 per person.
Tex Murphy: Project Fedora = $86/person
Jane Jensen's Moebius = $75/person
Star Citizen = $62/person
Torment = $56/person
Project Eternity = $54/person
Shadowrun Returns = $51/person
Wasteland 2 = $48/person
Double Fine Adventure = $38/person
Dead State = $33/person
Legends of Dawn = $24/person

BTW, I kicked in $150 for the boxed collector's edition.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
21. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 5, 2013, 16:24 JediPunisher

A constant internet connection will be required while playing single-player games...
Who wants to bet that Microsh!t plans to bombard us with a plethora of in-game video ads?

News Comments > Might & Magic X Legacy Announced
13. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 18:15 JediPunisher

Great news! I was a fan of the earlier games.
Yes, M&M9 was total crap... but I feel good about this one.
In spite of some prior draconian DRM, Ubisoft has a pretty good track record. Where do I preorder?

News Comments > Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
42. Questions and Concerns... Mar 8, 2013, 14:28 JediPunisher

"Our team is built around a core of industry experts" … Ok, then who is on the design team?

"We are using powerful, proven tools" ... Like what? What game engine are you using?

Is this game an MMO playable offline, a SP game playable online, or a co-op game?
If this is an MMO, is there a monthly fee?

If those who pledge $500 or more will have persistent tax free housing, and the housing is very limited…
Will there be any housing left for the rest of us, or will we be homeless?
Is the tax on persistent housing payable with in game money or real dollars?

Why is there no boxed version?
Sure, it adds to production costs, but if someone is willing to pay $150 for a map and coin, they will certainly pay $25 extra for a nice CE box and game discs.

Did Richard Garriott ever finish building his 3rd castle, Britannia Manor III?

If Richard is so confident in this project, why doesn’t he offer to match the pledge total? After all, he's not poor.

The comment about “re-playable scenes” worries me… Having a dragon attack every time I cross a mountain pass doesn’t sound like fun…
nor does re-clearing the same dungeon over and over.
The problem that I, and most other Ultima fans, have with an MMO is that we all want to be the hero of the game, the Avatar...
not a dirt farmer, blacksmith, town jester, or the butler to some baron who coughed up $3000 for his city home! Protest
Unless, of course, we can rise to the level of Avatar and skewer that filthy rich baron who made us clean his damned chamber pots!

Game development remains inherently risky”… Um, excuse me while I flush more cash down the Black Gate. Flush

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2013, 14:36.

News Comments > Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
18. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 12:35 JediPunisher

I'm a huge Ultima fan... I've played them all multiple times, including the spin-offs. But I hated UO (I was a beta tester)... MMOs are not for me. Unfortunately, Shroud of the Avatar sounds like more of an MMO that is playable offline, but details are still lacking.

Nevertheless, I'm in at $25... If I find that it's more of a SP game that can be played online, then I'll bump it to $150.

BTW, where are the boxes? Game discs? Looks like it's all digital. That's NOT what collectors want, and Richard should know that. I'm sure those who pledge hundreds of dollars for a signed collector's edition will be unhappy when they receive their map and coin in a shipping envelope! I'm not feeling too good about this one.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live
173. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 7, 2013, 20:10 JediPunisher

InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 07:06:
Im looking forward more to Project Eternity than this game. Somehow a Torment game without the Planescape setting just makes no sense to me...

Yes, I will miss the Planescape setting too…
but with some of the people responsible for Planescape on board, such as former TSR/Wizards of the Coast senior designer, Monte Cook… I wouldn’t worry too much.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live
132. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 19:45 JediPunisher

When it comes to CRPGS, I’ve played them all… everything from Wizardry to Bard's Tale, Dark Sun to Darklands, Final Fantasy to Skyrim... and Planescape Torment is on my top 5 rpgs of all time, right up there with Ultima7 and the original Fallout.

I can’t pass this one up… I’m in at $110 for the boxed LE.
If you haven’t done so already, please support this game!

However, don't forget to save some dough for Richard Garriott’s Kickstarter campaign,
which apparently kicks off in a couple of days. Rumors are that Lord British is returning to his single player roots for this one. Crown Link

News Comments > PC Lead Platform for Watch_Dogs
31. Re: PC Lead Platform for Watch_Dogs Feb 27, 2013, 17:56 JediPunisher

I'm sure the PC will be the lead platform for all next-gen console games...
As long as we have a gamepad, motion controllers, and a Kinect-enabled Windows 8 PC with touchscreen, we are all set.

News Comments > QuakeCon 2013 Dates Announced
11. Re: QuakeCon 2013 Dates Announced Feb 26, 2013, 23:11 JediPunisher

ViRGE wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 22:53:
I'd think they would have to show D4. What else is there to show?

I'd like to see John Carmack don his yellow football helmet and blast off to Mars in his homemade rocket to battle the Vorticons.

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Trailer, Website
14. Re: Watch_Dogs Trailer, Website Feb 25, 2013, 15:12 JediPunisher

PHJF wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 12:59:
And I sincerely hope this isn't the case because I am not paying a dime for anything on an upcoming console that isn't 1080p. If they have to lock at 30FPS, fine.

Agreed... 1080p w/4xAA and vsynced at 30fps minimum... or I'll stick with my PC.
BTW, why not offer the player the option for 1080p/30 or 720p/60?

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Triple XP Weekend
2. Re: Max Payne 3 Triple XP Weekend Feb 8, 2013, 12:08 JediPunisher

What we really want is a GTAV triple XP weekend!  

News Comments > Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG
24. Re: Obsidian Pitching New Star Wars RPG Feb 8, 2013, 11:59 JediPunisher

Great! Happy I was a big fan of the first two games.
But, doesn't Chris Avellone (lead designer of KotOR II) have his hands full right now with Wasteland 2 and Project Eternity?

News Comments > Commander Keen Successor Kickstarter
16. Re: Commander Keen Successor Kickstarter Feb 5, 2013, 00:15 JediPunisher

NKD wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 23:54:
Shut up and take my money.

Ditto! Thumbsup

News Comments > Super Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Super Sunday Metaverse Feb 3, 2013, 16:56 JediPunisher

Well, I reluctantly broke down and upgraded my desktop PC with Window 8 on Jan 31st (I didn't want to miss the $39 upgrade price)... Best Windows ever! Ok, not really.
In fact, I absolutely hate it! Well, that was 40 bucks wasted. Classic Shell helps, but Window 8 (sic) is still a complete mess. Luckily, I had the good sense to install it on an old SSD, so my system is now triple boot (XP, 7, 8).

After playing around with it for a couple of days, I can only see using Win8 if an application or game requires it... Otherwise, I'm sticking with Win7 as my primary OS at least until Windows 9 is released early next year. (Yes, I read that MS is pushing for a 12-18 month upgrade cycle for Windows along with a subscription model similar to the new Office 2013).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2013, 16:50 JediPunisher

Windows 8 is not unusable, but it is a mess, and I hate it.
I hated the Metro interface with a passion when it first appeared on my AdBox 360.
It makes no sense for a desktop PC. I will never, I repeat, NEVER replace my PC monitor with a touch screen.
Windows 8 is an inept attempt by MS to push hardware sales and possibly to drive their stock price down for a buy back just before announcing Windows 9.
I'm upgrading my PC with a Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD, and I'll be installing Windows 7 on it.

304 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo