Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jedi

Real Name Jedi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JediPunisher
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 3, 2002, 22:42
Total Comments 336 (Amateur)
User ID 13530

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2015, 17:14 JediPunisher

Crap, I was all set to install my free upgrade to Windows 8.2
but from what I've read, it's buggy and not ready for primetime.
Maybe I should wait for Windows8.3 Windows11.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 29, 2015, 14:43 JediPunisher

Yes, those aren't bad phones, and I might consider one of those if not for the OnePlus2.
For $30 more you get a much faster processor, twice the ram, fingerprint sensor, gorilla glass, dual-sims (i.e. dual-line/2 phone #s), and (most important to me) a better camera with optical image stabilization, laser autofocus, and 4K video.

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 28, 2015, 22:08 JediPunisher

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:47:
Or just buy another phone...

Good luck finding a top tier phone for $329 that doesn't require a 2-year contract.

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
39. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 16:56 JediPunisher

nin wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:22:
Retired wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:15:
Grab the hardcover book to add to your collection

If it's anything like that Skyrim book, holy hell. Ordered mine.

Yeah, I ordered mine too.
I usually skip the books, but for an open-world game this size, a strategy guide is a must have item...
You can miss huge swathes of gameplay without one. Oh, and that's a great price for the hardcover edition.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 28, 2015, 15:01 JediPunisher

Looks to be a great phone for half the price of the competition!
Camera tests show that it beats the iPhone 6 and comes close to the LG G4 and Galaxy S6.

Unfortunately, due to high demand you have to receive an invite to purchase one.
Just add your name to this Reservation List and cross your fingers.
Or, you could always buy one in a few weeks on eBay at a premium price.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2015, 22:04.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 27, 2015, 16:57 JediPunisher

Ultra 4K HD? Yeah, right! Half the time I'm lucky to get VHS quality with Netflix's HD streaming over Comcast's HSI. I gave up and went back Blu-ray rentals.  

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 27, 2015, 14:18 JediPunisher

OnePlus 2 launches today.

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
26. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 16:19 JediPunisher

I'm enjoying Arkham Knight quite a bit on my Xbox One right now.
As I've said before, it's usually best to play console games on a console and PC games on a PC.
Although I'm primarily a PC gamer, I'm done with half-assed PC ports of console games.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
19. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 11, 2015, 16:14 JediPunisher

jdreyer wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 17:58:
Really? I've always felt the BT series was sub par.

Storywise yes, but in terms of graphics and gameplay, Bard's Tale was king of the hill when it was released 1985. I remember being amazed by the colorful animated monsters! Here's a reminder of its competition at that time...

Bard's Tale (1985)

Wizardry III (1984)

Ultima IV (1985)

Might & Magic 1 (1986)

However, the series was quickly eclipsed by the likes of Dungeon Master (1987) and Might & Magic 2 (1988).
BTW, Ultima IV was my favorite of those games, but I had forgotten how bad the dungeon graphics were.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2015, 16:29.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
16. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 10, 2015, 15:02 JediPunisher

Honestly, I think that opening video cost Brian a lot of support; Bard's Tale should've raised at least $2.5M by now, and would've if he had led with that in-engine video. I assumed, wrongly I'm told, that Brian Fargo let his kid drive his new Ferrari at his studio in picturesque Newport Beach. You just don't flaunt your wealth with your hand out. And it wasn't a good idea to schedule this Kickstarter so close to E3, unless it's part of E3 (e.g. Shenmue 3).

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
39. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 23:43 JediPunisher

Jerykk wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 23:10:
You can keep saying it but it's still going to be incorrect 99% of the time. I can make a very, very long list of multiplatform games that are better on PC. Off the top of my head: Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, ...

I can see that you're just throwing a bunch of sh!t at the wall and hoping something sticks. The Witcher series (as well as a few others you mentioned) are not PC ports. Others such as RAGE and Fallout NV actually are better on the consoles. I know... I've played them both on an XB360 and my high-end PC. John Carmack actually designed RAGE on a 360 dev kit, which might explain why it ran a buttery smooth 60fps and half that on my PC; And Fallout NV was a jerky stuttering glitchy and unplayable mess on my PC... and while the 360 version was lower-res with muddy textures, at least I could play the damn game!

I wish you were right... I'm a long-time PC gamer with an expensive rig, but PC games are just an afterthought to most game publishers. About the only thing worth playing on my desktop these days are Kickstarter games.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2015, 00:00.

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
35. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 22:57 JediPunisher

I've said many times, PC games are best played on a PC and console games on a console. I've been burned too many times with bug-ridden PC ports.
BTW, the XB1 version of Arkham Knight looks and plays great on my desktop PC monitor.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 19, 2015, 16:52 JediPunisher

KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 05:05:
I have better idea, how about not have xbox one at all and just use pc. Thanks.

Well, not every game is available on the PC.
Forza 5 was the reason I purchased an XB1... and Forza 6 looks fantastic. And unlike most, this game plays at 1080p/60fps.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: OMG Jun 18, 2015, 16:23 JediPunisher

Creston wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 10:06:
You can use an Xbone to stream 360 games to a Windows 10 PC?? MICROSOFT HAS RETURNED THE PC TO GLORY!!

I already have my Xbox and PC connected to my desktop monitor...
Exactly what do I gain by streaming Xbox games through my PC other than extra noise, heat, and energy costs?

News Comments > AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced
40. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 20:50 JediPunisher

Timmeh wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 19:43:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 16:57:
Don't mean shit without drivers.

Yeah and their drivers are fine and always have been...
And people like you who post bullshit about AMD's drivers like a good little boy.

Bullsh!t... I've used ATI cards for over a decade, and while they make great cards, their drivers are crap. Fixes for many games occur months after release, if at all. As I scroll this text box, I see gray horizontal lines through it... Yet another driver bug I assume.

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
35. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 18:50 JediPunisher

The Shenmue games were great... I'm in for $29.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Trailers
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Trailers Jun 16, 2015, 18:44 JediPunisher

As a fan of the series, I've played to completion the first 6 AssCreed games and due to my gaming ocd, I've finished every mission, found every secret, and collected every page/feather/chest/etc. For me, the series ultimately lost its fun factor and became a grind... and after the buggy mess that was Unity, stick a fork in me, I'm done.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 13, 2015, 18:13 JediPunisher

I have no interest in GoW, but I have to admit to ogling Kate Upton when she asks me to rise to the occasion and be her champion.
While I like Mariah Carey, she just might have to offer her champions a little blue pill.

News Comments > The Bards Tale Trilogy for The Bards Tale IV Backers
11. Re: The Bards Tale Trilogy for The Bards Tale IV Backers Jun 11, 2015, 19:10 JediPunisher

Sadly, the total was reset...
With 26,916 backers the total stands at only $12,189 raised; That's less than 50 cents per backer... must be a glitch.

[Update] Never mind, it was just fixed. Kickstarter really needs to work on those website bugs.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2015, 19:15.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 2, 2015, 00:06 JediPunisher

Since Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb are both huge Fallout fans, I think we can call that Fallout 4 rumor confirmed.
If I remember correctly, Morgan once talked about building a new PC to play FO3 while Adam's obsession with that game bordered on fanatical.

336 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo