Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Glas

Real Name Glas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xenos Overdrive
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 17, 2002, 20:10
Total Comments 467 (Amateur)
User ID 13424

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: No subject Sep 12, 2005, 00:11 Xenos Overdrive

Internet pirates copying films even before cinema release.

Wow, talk about a little behind the Curve of RealizationŠ here. There's a DVD authoring house in Terre Haute, Indiana, about 70 miles north of me, and a buddy of mine had some movies months before their release.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
5. Re: UFO Aftershock Sep 12, 2005, 00:05 Xenos Overdrive

Bleh, the first UFO was supposed to be Freedom Ridge, and was a tad different than what actually came about after the project was reacquired. Too bad, though. The original storyline was a little more interesting.

News Comments > Competitions
2. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2005, 23:05 Xenos Overdrive

Ah well...so does that mean you'll be participating?

News Comments > Games & Politics
13. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2005, 23:04 Xenos Overdrive

the bitch wants to be president - its as simple as that

Setting herself up as the "morale voice of America," I suppose. Seems she really starting to try to get the focus of our issues back to North America, instead of where they've been occupied for the past few years (Iraq, Afghanistan, everywhere else where we've got ongoing issues). Though, going by the news in recent weeks, nothing but a friggin hurricane has occured in all the world.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2005, 23:01 Xenos Overdrive

The textures are kind of rough.

News Comments > Gatherings
1. No subject Sep 10, 2005, 16:35 Xenos Overdrive

Wow, the Serious Games Summit sounds rather bland. And rather stupid the way Sponge puts it.

News Comments > Windows Gaming Revival?
73. Re: Finally woke up, did they ? Sep 9, 2005, 20:13 Xenos Overdrive

Microsoft knows that if they leave it will bring attention to competitors. Microsoft knows that IT professionals tend to be gamers and tend to make decisions at work based on biases from home. Microsoft knows that gamers are often the kid next door that neighbors ask for buying advice. Microsoft knows gamers often spend $4,000 for a machine, are catered to by PC manufacturers and if gaming starts rising elsewhere will demand that PC manufacturers start bundling software other than Windows.

Wow, I think I know now that Microsoft knows a lot!

No, like I said, the consumer market isn't the biggest portion. They make money off every machine that uses windows, not from the 'trend setter' or what have you. There's also no other viable OS worth gaming on, 'cept of course windows. So, really, it all comes around full circle for them to realize they need to pay more attention to just what the article headliner states: A Windows Gaming Revival?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. No subject Sep 9, 2005, 17:23 Xenos Overdrive

Wow, the site to Animexpansion is just disturbing...

How 'come since 2001, 75% of FEMA's spending has been oriented towards terrorism? Did we just assume that we'd never get hurricanes, tornados, etc. again?

You forget this is also the same bloke who gave us a color coded threat chart to tell Americans just how afraid they should be?
This comment was edited on Sep 9, 17:29.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Sep 9, 2005, 17:15 Xenos Overdrive

Yeah, my nephew is obsessed with Initial D...well, anime in general too. I bought the little bastard a PSP (newely released Euro edition) for his graduation from secondary school. Poor sod's going to crap sickles when he hears about this.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2005, 17:09 Xenos Overdrive

Ah, the old adage goes something like "it it's got an electrical circuit, it can be hacked." Doesn't matter how much protection they put on it, it will broken sooner or later.

News Comments > Windows Gaming Revival?
66. Re: Finally woke up, did they ? Sep 9, 2005, 17:04 Xenos Overdrive

When that reason is gone, so is MS. Same for most everyone else.

Unfortunately, the consumer market is only a small part of the overal economy. Gamers moving onto another OS won't necessarily drive MS down under.

The ad was followed by "And now whats happening (the news) brought to you by Microsoft Dungeon Siege 2"

What is going on here?!?!

Sounds like they were advertising the game

Nah, maybe that station is owned by a network that is paid to distribute that ad over all their different stations?
This comment was edited on Sep 9, 17:06.

News Comments > African Alliance Cancelled
8. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2005, 16:58 Xenos Overdrive

I had actually forgotten this thing was even in development. I remember hearing Mist was fondling the third game but damn...I can't help but think it's going to suck.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Solar Flare Sep 8, 2005, 17:26 Xenos Overdrive

Just about anything that works over a radio frequency. But your wifi will hardly be harmed.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. No subject Sep 8, 2005, 02:14 Xenos Overdrive

Anyone play Second Life? Just curious..looks interesting.

30. Re: Red Cross Squatter Sep 7, 2005, 20:10 Xenos Overdrive

Contrary to what Halsy and Batman are claiming, the Red Cross does spend the vast majority of its money on its primary mission -- saving lives and helping people.

Hey, does the Red Crescent (the Red Cross equivalent in the Middle East) actually fall under the same hierarchy as the Red Cross we all know?

An RN can easily pull down $60-80k at a doctor's office or 80-120k at a hospital (depends on shift and specialty).

Damn...an RN's what, a 2-year degree? I hadn't realized they could earn that much with such a degree.
This comment was edited on Sep 7, 20:12.

News Comments > Minerva for Half-Life 2
17. Re: great Sep 7, 2005, 20:06 Xenos Overdrive

It'd be cool as shit if they had done Deus Ex IW with the source engine...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Perfect Dark Zero CE Sep 7, 2005, 18:19 Xenos Overdrive

Oh, you can't really compare the original Perfect Dark to GoldenEye, and be fair about it! The orignal Perfect Dark was definitely amongst the greatest releases for the N64.

But yes...I agree that CE's tend to be wastes of money.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: What Interest Sep 6, 2005, 17:57 Xenos Overdrive

What other platform would that be? Given the nature of the game, not quite sure how it would translate all that well. Except maybe the Revolution.

News Comments > Monday Q&As
10. No subject Sep 5, 2005, 14:03 Xenos Overdrive

Well, the biggest complainst I have on the game are the damn stat padders and the inaccurate weapons. I'm actually looking forward the Spec-ops addon, it's my primary class online anyway.
As one other poster said, you don't have to buy the addon!

Besides, to those that aren't having fun with the game, I feel for you. There's only a few ranked servers I play on anymore.

10. Re: Labour Day Sep 5, 2005, 13:52 Xenos Overdrive

He imbeds a really crappy midi version of Head Like A Hole on the page?

nin, what do you think of the Johnny Cash cover of "Hurt?"

Blue - I say you let nin in, just show him the bare minimums to keep the site functional,...

ooooh, maybe even get his best friend Riley to assist him?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

So sorry, mate, you're a good spirited chap and I couldn't resist the urge!

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 13:55.

467 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo