Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Glas

Real Name Glas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xenos Overdrive
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 17, 2002, 20:10
Total Comments 467 (Amateur)
User ID 13424

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Dear Diaries
2. Re: Serious Sam II... Feb 29, 2004, 01:06 Xenos Overdrive

Heh, which translate out to "Yeah, we'll see each other on the battle field of the ultimate original DooM clone."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: My God... Feb 28, 2004, 23:30 Xenos Overdrive

You have to be a complete self-centered, self-indulgent asshole to sink almost $15,000 US on a MMORPG character.

Its none of your business and its not your money, why-should-it-bother-you blah, blah, blah... hehe, you happy now, Hump?

hehe, couldn't resist obliging you, guy.

News Comments > DOOM 3 April 15?
69. Re: silence broken Feb 28, 2004, 15:17 Xenos Overdrive

Says you. I nearly fucking shit myself when I first got into e2m8, and heard that frigging cyberdemon stomp around. I was too scared to go through that damn door

Man, you aren't kidding. The first time I came across Cyber myself I had a fun time; between the amazement, the sudden shock, and all around coolness of one of the few truly badass enemies in gaming, I didn't exactly triumph over him the first encounter.

News Comments > PRISM: Black Shield Announced
9. Re: Ridiculous Feb 28, 2004, 14:08 Xenos Overdrive

This is amazingly stupid since the National Guard isn't involved in high-tech terrorist defense. Now if the game came from the FBI I might consider it a little more appropriate. Just odd.

Ah..it depends on what state and what particular unit in that state does what. The typical weekend drill Guardsman won't be involved in too in "high-tech terrorist defense" but the American military seems to farm out a lot of work to the the Guard.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 14:09.

58. Re: The engine is what matters Feb 27, 2004, 02:05 Xenos Overdrive

As mentioned above, even recent games like Call of Duty are still using the Quake 3 engine to great effect, and the Doom 3 engine will likely be longer-lived than it is.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that John Carmack may make this his last endeavor in engine department. I guess he's been pretty proactive in amateur rocket developement the past few years to warrant a switch in hobbies.

196. Re: No subject Feb 27, 2004, 01:59 Xenos Overdrive

The reason homosexuals, should not be allowed the right to marry is simple. They do not produce children.

That argument may work if you lived in a communist country. And I am assuming you are a Western born lad in America. If I'm wrong, then oh well, it's still not a valid argument.

News Comments > The Sims 2 Movie
9. No subject Feb 27, 2004, 01:47 Xenos Overdrive

I'd almost prefer most videos to be released on Quicktime. It's got one of the most God aweful simpleton installation procedures and the player runs just about any format out there.

News Comments > SpellForce, SÖLDNER, Add-ons Planned
15. No subject Feb 27, 2004, 01:43 Xenos Overdrive

Hey, maybe I missed something here, but isn't Gorky Zero a sequel to Gorky 17? That game was fairly entertaining, in its own right.

As for SÖLDNER, are they nearing completion on this thing? It seems the game was getting pretty good coverage over a year ago, and I was kind of hoping it may have been ready for release soon then. Anyone think this thing will be out by summer?

News Comments > R.I.P. Origin?
46. Re: Some corrections Feb 26, 2004, 03:25 Xenos Overdrive

This is a sad day for PC gamers.

It was a sad day several years ago when Origin stopped being a power player in making games. Now, it's just nestalgia and rememberance of fonder times.

Origin has been responsible for more ground breaking and beloved games than any other developer:

Ultima I-IX, Savage Empire, Martian Dreams, UO
Ultima Underworld I-II
Wing Commander I-V

I liked Martian Dreams. The Wing Commander storyline got a little old to me after awhile, but I was running through a fantasy and RPG mode at the time, too...Ultima Underworld was a Looking Glass title, wasn't it?

Privateer I-II

Privateer I, certainly and most definitely. It's sequel can hardly be called such. But a good stab at it. I do think a little known game called Terminus was far better than either of these, but this is after the fan community took ahold of it and improved it.

System Shock

A game that practically defined Origin on it's own. And one of the few games I can recall where the sequel was actually better than its predecessor.

Crusader: No Remorse & No Regret
Shadow Caster
Bioforge

I will agree, Bioforge was a damn fine game. For some reason I just can't recall ever playing Shadow Caster..

26. Re: No subject Feb 26, 2004, 02:30 Xenos Overdrive

April 15th...I'm tempted to say a might healthy "Right.....you go ahead and give a tentative release date for a developer reknown for setting their own schedule for things." But with the way the project's been looking up until now, it seems kind of possible this may happen. So here's to hoping.

News Comments > Consolidation
3. Re: huh??? Feb 25, 2004, 20:43 Xenos Overdrive

Uh...this would usually fall under irate nitpicking if it came from anyone else other than Gamespy.. However, that statement bugged me, too.

News Comments > Game Development & Mods - JA2 Source
6. Re: Sweetness Feb 25, 2004, 18:23 Xenos Overdrive

Wasn't JA3 announced to be in developement of a couple of years ago? If I'm right, I was just wondering if anyone heard anything more on that.

All is well, I'm definitely looking forward to playing around with the source with the new Wildfire release.

News Comments > Syndicate Follow-up?
17. No subject Feb 24, 2004, 16:01 Xenos Overdrive

I love the original game...and I remember at my age how hard it was!

News Comments > R.I.P. Origin?
25. Re: Blame, Fun & Games, Mainstream Feb 24, 2004, 15:46 Xenos Overdrive

It is kind of funny, though, that everyone whines about how evil publishers are, then whines about how annoying Valve is for attempting to do without publishers.

Frankly, I don't see anything that really revelating about this; if the report is indeed true. We've got everyone raving about the death of the good games and even a couple of thesis about why games are too mainstream, but if you take the time to look at the situation, Origin really hasn't done anything beside UO in the past few years. Origin's just been maintaining the game and keeping the franchise somewhat alive (though that depends upon more perspective), and while I do think it's sad this game company will go down, their glory days ended a long time ago. So in a way, this forum has exploded into a bashing of companies that is pretty much beside the point.

News Comments > Monkey Island 5?
21. Re: make it stop Feb 24, 2004, 02:50 Xenos Overdrive

They are going to bleed away all my love for monkey island, just like they did for Star Wars.

Well...just realize the movies get better when you watch the episodes in numerical order...

As for sequels...Lucas Arts produced some of the greatest games I remember. But is it generally agreed they are past their prime?

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 02:52.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: sigh Feb 24, 2004, 02:44 Xenos Overdrive

Same as it was thirty years ago, same it will be today. The only difference is that we find out about it more.

48. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2004, 02:38 Xenos Overdrive

The fact of the matter is no one can predict the future with much accuracy.

Heh, if you went by my parent's and other elder's oppinions, we should have been a dead species a long time ago when Kruschev was still premier of the Soviet Union.

News Comments > Game Movies
4. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2004, 19:11 Xenos Overdrive

Did you your finish 3rd grade reading classes?

Dude, calm down. It was a simple mistake, as if you haven't made any yourself, friend.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Linux flaws Feb 21, 2004, 04:20 Xenos Overdrive

That, and the mainstream media doesn't follow (or understand) about Linux like they do MS.

Thank the heavens....

News Comments > Thief Movie?
48. No subject Feb 20, 2004, 01:19 Xenos Overdrive

Bruce Campbell would make a good Garet.

No. I don't care what cult status he has, he's a bad actor. I dare say he's even less optimal for this role than McGuire.

Now, Sean Bean on one hand...you're starting to get into the atmosphere a bit with this guy.

Now, the producer being linked to this...that's quite a flattering statement for the movie, really. Considering we'd at least get a pretty dramatically produced movie.

As for Creston and your comment about the first two Thief games having bad stories...man, to each their own, but that would have to be a pretty strong resentment you have against them.

467 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo