Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Glas

Real Name Glas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xenos Overdrive
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 17, 2002, 20:10
Total Comments 467 (Amateur)
User ID 13424

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Consoles cheaping out Apr 25, 2005, 13:44 Xenos Overdrive

Uhh, how is it that you can "guarantee" the quality of hardware you've never seen just because they decided to use nVidia instead of the (better) ATi?

Bleh, it's a rhetorical question. It's pointless to guage framerates on consoles anyway. Besides, the PS3 will rock anyhow, no matter what GPU manufacture supplies for it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Xbox Design... Apr 23, 2005, 16:38 Xenos Overdrive

I kind of hope this is what the final console design will look like. The Xbox was just plain ugly and looked like a suitcase, not to mention big. The new design looks pretty tricked out.

News Comments > More on Remedy's Next Game
19. No subject Apr 22, 2005, 06:23 Xenos Overdrive

Though arguing the classic console vs. pc debate with a slight philosophical edge is amusing, I really don't think console hardware is that important anymore. If the game is fun, then what does it matter?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Adobe buying Macromedia Apr 18, 2005, 14:32 Xenos Overdrive

Adobe and Macromedia make about 90% of the products used by pretty much everyone in the world ever, so when the two merge it should have SOME significance.

I wouldn't go that far, I mean, my toilet paper isn't exactly being manufactured by Adobe...Seriously, it's just everyday business, dude. One company buys out another for its tech or whatever. Macromedia's product isn't exactly something something that is always working on the surface of your OS.

News Comments > Quake 4 Update
50. Re: Wow Apr 16, 2005, 12:00 Xenos Overdrive

Might I also add the screenshot is 4000x3000? Can anyone's video card run that? I think not...

Shit...I was running that *at least* that resolution on my Thinkpad...."Can anyone's video card run that?" what are you talking about??

News Comments > Prey News
19. No subject Apr 16, 2005, 11:28 Xenos Overdrive

Duke Nukem Forever delayed...

Bitch bitch bitch

3d Realms...

Bitch bitch bitch

All the people who have yet to actually play Prey...

Bitch bitch bitch

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Xbox 360 Controllers Apr 14, 2005, 07:25 Xenos Overdrive

Playstation was around for 6 before PS 2 (or there abouts). And now this gen's already being ushered out 4-5 years later. I think consoles are definitely trying to keep up with the tech curve, especially as the Moore's law business just gets out of hand (and lets face it, these last 5 years have been pretty much unparalleled in terms of hardware power growth)...

Well, the consoles all have to evolve as time goes too. The lifespan of a console is definitely shorter than in the 1980's-early 90's, but...that's a completely different era in history and technology.

I'm not sure about that, seems to me that Pro's assertion is pretty accurate.

Seems accurate enough for the scenario. Microsoft's strategy for getting the Xbox into the market was to forgo making profit on it just to get it into the market. When they did introduce the xbox, the PS2 and GC had already been out for a little while. As said the xbox was just pathway so MS could really get their real product out, that being the xbox 360.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2005, 10:08 Xenos Overdrive

Can someone provide all the usenames/passwords for the new sites that require registration? I recall Blues News had one for sites like NY Times, Wallstreet, etc.

Thanks alot!

3. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2005, 10:08 Xenos Overdrive

Can someone prove all the usenames/passwords for the new sites that require registration? I recall Blues News had one for sites like NY Times, Wallstreet, etc.

Thanks alot!

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: Ads in games Apr 12, 2005, 09:09 Xenos Overdrive

Well...ads in games like Splinter Cell and such would tend to make the game seem more realistic because that game does try to flesh out realistic scenes. Meat Farts' surprise as possibly seeing a Gaming Informer magazine in an ingame's character's apartment is kind of off beat, given that...well, I'm pretty sure there's a dude somewhere in real life who leaves his Gaming Informer on the table, just like that guy in Splinter Cell

I mean, I'm not quite sure what the surprise here is all about. Especially by Americans in your media soaked culture. We've seen advertising in movies for decades now, why when it shows up in what we play are we surprised?

News Comments > Project: Snowblind Demo
7. No subject Apr 12, 2005, 06:45 Xenos Overdrive

#1 The only relation Snowblind has to Deus Ex is how developement on it started and that it's published by Eidos.

It's a purely action oriented game, where Deus Ex was an RPG, this is anything but!

News Comments > Ghost Recon 2 PC Cancelled
31. No subject Apr 12, 2005, 06:33 Xenos Overdrive

Comparing Rainbow Six to Ghost Recon is comparing apples and oranges. They really aren't the same games.

Besides, sucks that this is purely a console game anyhow now.

News Comments > Prey Lives?
21. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2005, 15:55 Xenos Overdrive

All I have to say is that India or China ever land on the moon and discover we weren't there, heads are going to roll.

Bleh, India's not going to space anytime soon. They may spit up a few probes, participate in a few launches, but it won't amount to a moon landing. China...not so sure about. Their economy is still surging right now and whether it peaks and they can sustain it successfully will determine how far they go.

News Comments > Quake IV at QuakeCon 2005
7. Re: SINGLE PLAYER RULES!!! Apr 6, 2005, 11:22 Xenos Overdrive

No, it's been repeatedly stated that the focus was on single player. Afterall, the Strogg war was probable the best storyline id pulled off, second of course to DooM.

News Comments > Prey Lives?
16. Re: I agree.... Apr 6, 2005, 11:14 Xenos Overdrive

About friggin time they got this game developed; as the canceling of it was a travesty. Hopefully they can still keep the storyline half way intriging.

Btw, Prey is just a Turok rip off.

Yeah, you keep thinking that.

News Comments > Universal Combat: A World Apart Demo
7. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2005, 12:15 Xenos Overdrive

Leave DS alone. He at least makes games, while what do you guys do? Just bash and flame everything. Can't we have any intelligent discussion?

Yeah well...there are a few things that just get blasted; no matter what the specific subject is necessarily. EA, DS, MS, etc.

21. Re: Gmail Feb 11, 2005, 12:04 Xenos Overdrive

Warhawk I just emailed you for a gmail invite... Cheers!

He should have plenty by now...I looked on mine and found I suddenly at 50 invites available. "WTF?"

News Comments > Ion Storm Closed
50. Vicarious loss... Feb 11, 2005, 03:34 Xenos Overdrive

I think Ion Storm lost it's old glimmer when Warren Specter left the company a while back. They had said there were plans for a DX 3 and they could have conceivably pulled it back together. Sounds like though Eidos had been planning this closure for a little while though.

Though Ion Storm was always an odd company to begin with. It's like it had split personalities as far as being a singular company, but then again, it's already been pointed out that the Austin and Dallas offices were related by name only.

Though we'll probably never see another property based on the Deus Ex universe released again, it would be interesting to see what Sheldon Pacotti wrote for the supposed third game that was in preproduction. Given the baseless and overall mediocre DX2, the storyline was still great.

News Comments > Bizz Buzz
5. Re: God, please smite EA. Feb 10, 2005, 12:10 Xenos Overdrive

No one ever gives any half assed reason as to hate EA...interesting enough. Yet you all still buy their products...go figure.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Add-on & Xbox Dated?
45. Re: Ok... what you smoking? Feb 10, 2005, 05:21 Xenos Overdrive

System Shock 1 and 2 were both excellent games, and I can see why people thought they were scary....

I actually enjoyed Shock 2 more than 1. I thought the Midwives were some of the most original enemies created and they put up for hell of a fight. My favorite scene was fighting up and down a hallway with one of them, scoot and shoot and take cover behind pillars and whatever else, then finally get close enough to use that light sabre (can't remember what it was called) to kill her off. Fun times.

I guess the Dark Engine was showing its age quite a bit at that point, great action RPGs though.

Yeah...reviewers were saying that when the first Thief was released. It was looking pretty pale when compared to optimized versions of the first Unreal engine; released around that time.

467 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo