Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Glas

Real Name Glas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xenos Overdrive
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 17, 2002, 20:10
Total Comments 467 (Amateur)
User ID 13424

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > EA & Valve
114. No subject Jul 22, 2005, 19:18 Xenos Overdrive

Without a Riley-esqe explanation about the dynamics of global economics and the impact this will supposedly have on the birds in my backyard, I will ask a certain question:

Is this indeed a true union made in the depths of hell?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jack Thompson vs. The Sims
16. Re: BWAHAHA Jul 22, 2005, 19:13 Xenos Overdrive

t's not just the adults that are liberated from their wardrobes. Sims kids can also be nudified, "much to the delight, one can be sure, of pedophiles around the globe who can rehearse, in virtual reality, for their abuse."

What a butt plug this bloke is! I'm defintely no pedophile by any definition, but with that delightful little statement he may as well start attacking manga because so many children under the age of 18 have access to it. Even though you'll never find the underage sex and rape novels in any reputable book store frequented by minors.

Wow, this guy is sure getting his kicks off, isn't he?

News Comments > Retail Group on GTA
9. No subject Jul 20, 2005, 22:24 Xenos Overdrive

I'm puzzled to why Rockstar hasn't tracked down the original author(s) of Hot Coffee and sue them for breaching the "Terms of Agreement" before installing the game? I don't know about the PS2 version because I don't recall such a thing. The author(s) are the ones who are causing the damage, not Rockstar unless this was an inside job.

Shit, they're playing this rather nicely. Just selling them more copies of their own game, all this is doing. Free publicity at the governmental level? Given the federal government can't outright ban the game, they appear like they're disgusted with the mod and make the appearance of doing "something right" about it. Hell, it doesn't get much better than that for them.

News Comments > Sawyer Throws Down the Gauntlet
4. Re: hmmm Jul 19, 2005, 23:50 Xenos Overdrive

What could possibly impact your career more then Daikatana and pissing away millions of dollars invested by Eidos?

Remember, Romero's still in the game industry in at least some capacity, so his career wasn't a total failure. I guess he really did acheive true rockstar status after that little stunt with Eidos. Thank god the dot.com era is over with.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 23:51.

News Comments > EA & Valve
100. Re: Meh Jul 19, 2005, 23:42 Xenos Overdrive

DOD:Source... meh, gimme Call of Duty2 (Yay, no Steam!).

CoD 2 is using Source? That's kind of cool, I suppose. I only just now decided to pick up the combo pack, original CoD and its expansion, at Walart the other night. Played through them both, enjoyed the hell out of it.

As you said, lawsuits ARE more expensive. Until the contract with Vivindi expires, Valve is bound to it. Just because SOME stores lower the price of HL2, doesn't mean that EVERY store is selling it at that price. (My local store is still selling it for $50.)

Mine too...the cheapest I've seen it "on sale" was for 39.99.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 23:43.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. No subject Jul 19, 2005, 23:31 Xenos Overdrive

Indeed those seem to be some linkies running about there!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: 360 date Jul 19, 2005, 18:11 Xenos Overdrive

I'm looking more forward to the PS3 personally. Just depends on the previous generation and what you played I guess.

News Comments > Dungeon Siege II Gold
33. Re: Demo? Jul 19, 2005, 18:05 Xenos Overdrive

I hope there's a demo. I'm REALLY picky about RTS's. The only ones I've ever enjoyed were Dungeon Keeper, Starcraft, and the original Diablo. Didn't care for Baldur's Gate though I know it's highly regarded.

No wonder, BG and BG2 could hardly be considered RTS games from the get go.

News Comments > 25 to Life Delayed
10. Re: All I can say is.. Jul 19, 2005, 17:54 Xenos Overdrive

I bet all the Dungeons and Dragons players are breathing a heavy sigh of relief after all these years heh.

Ah hell...!

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. No subject Jul 18, 2005, 01:48 Xenos Overdrive

Hehe...that's cool as hell.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. No subject Jul 18, 2005, 01:44 Xenos Overdrive

So buying something is wasteful?

The most over generalization of a statement made today...

Hey, with a phd in Computer Science he may make very good money. Possibly so much that spending two hours reformating his computer would actually be wasting money verses simply buying a new one.

Level of eduction doesn't mean much. Yeah, that degree will open far more doors than an associates or bachelors, but I've met Americans with doctorates and they're educators, or hell, even a teacher themselves. Threw me for a loop at first.

News Comments > Site Seeing
11. No subject Jul 16, 2005, 23:44 Xenos Overdrive

The game looks pretty damn cool. I liked the entire trilogy (then again, I took the entire story into context, not one movie with two bastard deviants) and the idea of playing as Neo always captivated me.

News Comments > etc.
3. No subject Jul 16, 2005, 13:09 Xenos Overdrive

Wow, I'm surprised I haven't seen Riley argue more on the federal regulation of games....the color of the sky not withstanding.

The real question is whether or not Rockstar intentionally witheld information about the problematic content from the ESRB so as to get a more commercially friendly rating.

I think the idea Rockstar intentionally withheld the information about the content is pretty obvious. After all, it was the game buying community that found it without Rockstar's help. As far as witholding to get the friendlier rating...it could go either way on that one. Rockstar seems like a fairly indy company that would just include content like that just to be found. Hey, this isn't anything more than free publicity for them at the moment.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 13:15.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 12:29 Xenos Overdrive

For those of us who do go outside on a regular basis, the screen shot is kind of startling. I'm not a photoshop artiste by any means, but the screens looks a little too good for reality.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. No subject Jul 16, 2005, 00:20 Xenos Overdrive

The boff who overdoses on protein drink deserves the C$8,000 a year insurance rates...

News Comments > Romero Departs Midway
75. Re: No subject Jul 14, 2005, 18:12 Xenos Overdrive

I think that was the exact problem...he went from working on a project to managing a project, which is totally different.

I finally decided to play through Daikatana a month or so ago, all patched up and everything. It actually wasn't that bad play-wise, but it definitely wasn't the best.

That said, Romero was probably a good developer, when he was working under a boss, and therfor direction, but he evidently wasn't good at leading.

His wife certainly is attractive though.

News Comments > Hot Coffee Klatch
44. Re: Hot coffee Jul 14, 2005, 18:06 Xenos Overdrive

Regale me with stories when all people were innocent and played "Kum ba yah" by the campfire holding hands, thinking pink and fluffy thoughts to one another. I wish I had lived in saner times than this

Back in the day when the McArthy hearing were persecuting actors/actresses and writers for promoting communist agendas?

We gotta get them reds!

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Clinton Seeks 'Grand Theft Auto' Pro Jul 14, 2005, 17:57 Xenos Overdrive

That title needs to be changed to "Clinton seeks national media exposure to champion a cause which will portray her as family-friendly and more conservative."

Lol! Good point, indeed.

Aren't there a few other issues in the US and the world that deserve a little more attention than this? I mean, Hillary Rodham Clinton, senator of New York (I assume she's still a senator) and respected politician (now I truly am skimming on an assumption here) has nothing of real urgency right now that she can devote herself so heartedly to this "issue?"

I have to agree, sounds likes she just bolstering her public support.

News Comments > Romero Departs Midway
2. No subject Jul 13, 2005, 10:42 Xenos Overdrive

The Romero strikes again. Though I'd actually forgotten about his existence when he disolved into Midway.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: HD-DVD format war Jul 13, 2005, 10:25 Xenos Overdrive

Yes, I wish this would get settled soon, too. I imagine we'll be seeing companies releasing multi-format players to accomodate the various formats. All sides have something good to contribute to a unified format, but what isn't Sony the only one even attempting talks on this now?

467 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo