Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMA

Real Name SMA   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Scottish Martial Arts
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 16, 2002, 23:16
Total Comments 2688 (Senior)
User ID 13410

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > AvP Bughunt DLC
7. Re: AvP Bughunt DLC Jul 15, 2010, 20:27 Scottish Martial Arts

I thought AP was pretty decent. Wasn't perfect but I don't think it deserved all the flack it got. Definitely wasn't surprised it didn't sell though.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 38 Studios May Move
8. Re: 38 Studios May Move Jul 13, 2010, 19:53 Scottish Martial Arts

AngryMax wrote on Jul 13, 2010, 13:15:
Whats Rhode Island like anyway?

New England in general is pretty awesome, although I never made it down to Rhode Island itself.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 7, 2010, 02:48 Scottish Martial Arts

Zyrxil wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 21:21:
Obsidian Wouldn't Mind Tackling A Chrono Trigger Sequel.

WTF? I enjoy their games despite the flaws, but that seems to be an incredibly bad idea.

The comment was in answer to a speculative "If there was one Square/Enix property you'd like to work on, what would it be?" sorta question. The question prompted of course by Square's ownership of Gas Powered Games whose Dungeon Siege property Obsidian is now developing a sequel for. I highly doubt Chrono Trigger 2: Torment is in the offing anytime soon.

News Comments > BioWare now BioWare Mythic [Updated]
10. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 2, 2010, 00:22 Scottish Martial Arts

I believe EA has been wanting to put together a dedicated RPG division, like EA Sports, under the Bioware brand. EA's MMO studio, Mythic, is probably being renamed Bioware Mythic to reflect that branding.  

News Comments > QUAKE Engine Retrospective
4. Re: QUAKE Engine Retrospective Jun 26, 2010, 02:33 Scottish Martial Arts

It's kinda lame. They claim that a bunch of quake engine games are indexed in Germany, and that since the site's servers are in Germany screenshots of those games aren't included. Of those that they do feature, the dates are wrong on a couple of them and even more are out of chronological order. And for some arbitrary reason they left out Half-Life. They say they left the Half-Life branch of quake engine games on purpose but seeing that that branch consists of just Half-Life + expansion and Gunman, that seems pretty retarded.  

News Comments > Import Civ4 Maps into Civ5
2. Re: Import Civ4 Maps into Civ5 Jun 25, 2010, 04:35 Scottish Martial Arts

Creston wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 00:55:
Very smart and customer-friendly decision.

I wish I had the time to play something like Civ again.

Creston

Duel-sized world, and quick gamespeed. You have enough time again, Creston!

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
9. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 16:09 Scottish Martial Arts

kxmode wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 16:07:
Does anyone know why KOTOR 2 isn't being sold on Steam?

LucasArts has significant gaps in their steam catalog. There might be a specific reason, or it might just be one of the game they haven't put on the service yet.

News Comments > Deus Ex Anniversary, Sale
11. Re: Deus Ex Anniversary, Sale Jun 23, 2010, 00:48 Scottish Martial Arts

Bumpy wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 23:55:
So Invisible War is pretty much crap but were community mods or hacks made for the game which fixed complaints about it to make it tolerable to play?

Like Creston said, it's perfectly playable as is; it just pales in comparison to the original. The only real mod that was developed for it was John P.'s Community Texture Pack, which upgrades the low-res, clearly-made-for-xbox-memory-limitations textures. The biggest problem with the game are the absolutely minuscule levels, which isn't something a modder can fix without completely redoing the game.

News Comments > MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)?
34. Re: MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)? Jun 22, 2010, 01:49 Scottish Martial Arts

If Microsoft is serious about reinvigorating the PC platform they need to create new incentives for PC exclusive development. At a bare minimum, more multiplatform developers need to make the PC the lead SKU, like Valve does. If all the PC platform gets is 3rd rate ports of 6-month old console games, no amount of Games for Windows marketing and platform development will make a difference.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2010, 20:49 Scottish Martial Arts

I wish they could've let you know ahead of time what the deals were going to be. Looking back on the week I wish I had bought the Crysis collection. As it was, I kept weighing a potential purchase against whatever the deal could be the next day, and I ended up buying nothing.  

News Comments > Civilization V Trailer
5. Re: Civilization V Trailer Jun 18, 2010, 05:12 Scottish Martial Arts

Roachmojo wrote on Jun 18, 2010, 03:10:
Civ IV is $3 on gogamer right now. I've never played any of them but have played lots of RTS and other 4X games. I'm wondering if I should pick this up...

Civ has pretty much nothing in common with RTSs, but at that price Civ4 is a must buy. Since you haven't played a Civ game before, be sure to play the tutorial and read the manual.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Sale
4. Re: Command & Conquer Sale Jun 16, 2010, 21:00 Scottish Martial Arts

C&C3 is worth it at the sale price. Not so much C&C4.  

News Comments > Portal 2 E3 Trailer
6. Re: Portal 2 E3 Trailer Jun 15, 2010, 18:43 Scottish Martial Arts

Looks good. I'm sure it will be fun. I can't believe a PS3 port was the surprise.  

News Comments > PS3 Portal 2
5. Re: PS3 Portal 2 Jun 15, 2010, 17:10 Scottish Martial Arts

So this was the surprise? Damn it, Valve.  

News Comments > Avadon: The Black Fortress Interview
2. Re: Avadon: The Black Fortress Interview Jun 15, 2010, 04:01 Scottish Martial Arts

Hmm, looks fine to me. I honestly can't think of a game where good graphics made it more enjoyable than it otherwise would have been.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Digital Incentives
9. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Digital Incentives Jun 11, 2010, 21:37 Scottish Martial Arts

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 21:16:
Fuck digital! I want some more stuff like a lunchbox and bobblehead. Now that was worth the CE price!

I donno, my bobblehead sits in the lunchbox, which in turn sits under my bed. The only reason I bought the collector's edition was that the standard edition had sold out.

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: obsidian Jun 9, 2010, 02:30 Scottish Martial Arts

space captain wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 23:02:
i get the feeling that once this project came along, nearly all work on alpha protocol came to a stop

because yeh.. its a hot mess

I haven't played it yet, but it sounds like the consensus is that it's yet another Obsidian diamond in the rough?

News Comments > Source 2/Half-Life 3 Rumor
18. Re: Source 2/Half-Life 3 Rumor Jun 8, 2010, 23:35 Scottish Martial Arts

Rosco wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 22:49:
I'd still wish it would be They Hunger: Lost Souls

Isn't that dead in the water? The amateur level designer who made the first 3 They Hungers, plus that really awesome vanilla HL level pack, doesn't seem to be making levels anymore.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer
8. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer Jun 7, 2010, 03:34 Scottish Martial Arts

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Jun 6, 2010, 22:00:
I just finished the second one last night. It was okay; nothing great, though.

It looks like you play as Paxton Fettel in this one. I thought he died at the end of the first game?

If you're interested, check out the FEAR 2 DLC. It explains why Fettel is back among the living, or at least haunting the living, or something.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2010, 01:10 Scottish Martial Arts

Sepharo wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 00:32:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 6, 2010, 23:58:
Doesn't mean a coke can is art.

A can of Coke most certainly is art.

You're being facetious, right?

2688 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo