Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMA

Real Name SMA   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Scottish Martial Arts
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 16, 2002, 23:16
Total Comments 2691 (Senior)
User ID 13410

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
22. Re: etc. Jul 12, 2011, 18:40 Scottish Martial Arts

As soon as I saw the headline, I knew there'd be pages and pages of butthurt.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 22, 2011, 23:35 Scottish Martial Arts

In N Out is a West Coast institution. Truly the best hamburgers for your buck.  

News Comments > ThunderHawk Studios Formed by Mad Catz
11. Re: ThunderHawk Studios Formed by Mad Catz Jun 2, 2011, 11:50 Scottish Martial Arts

Cliffs of Dover has improved a LOT since release but it's still pretty unoptimized and buggy. I suspect by the time of the official US release it ought to be in pretty decent shape. It's definitely a fun sim with some nice new features: it just was released 6 months too early.  

News Comments > ThunderHawk Studios Formed by Mad Catz
9. Re: ThunderHawk Studios Formed by Mad Catz Jun 1, 2011, 19:26 Scottish Martial Arts

I suppose it is when you play without all the simmy parts of it - but on high realism it can be fairly hard.

IL-2 takes some time to master but it's not a complicated sim. The challenge comes from a realistic portrayal of WWII air combat, not managing avionics and complicated systems like in a modern jet sim. The difference between full realism settings and beginner settings is primarily one of physics. With realism you have to master flying an aircraft, while with beginner settings it's simply a matter of putting crosshair on target. If mastering an aircraft doesn't appeal to you, then a realistic flight sim simply isn't for you, no matter how accessible it's made.

Personally I love the challenge posed by flying and fighting in IL-2 and Cliffs of Dover. Every kill takes extraordinary skill, which means it never stops being exciting.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Trailer
8. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Trailer May 28, 2011, 18:10 Scottish Martial Arts

Flatline wrote on May 28, 2011, 17:38:
My problem with SC2 is that while there may be a lot of missions, the overall gameplay length was somewhere around one campaign from SC2 since so many missions were completable in about half an hour. So despite claims to the contrary, it really is paying full price for 3 chapters.

Maybe you haven't played Starcraft 1 recently or something but most of its missions only took about a half hour to finish too. The only hour plus missions I can think of are the last mission of the original Protoss campaign and the last mission of Brood War.

News Comments > Levine on the Possibility of a BioShock Movie
5. Re: Levine on the Possibility of a BioShock Movie May 26, 2011, 02:26 Scottish Martial Arts

Cutter wrote on May 25, 2011, 21:56:
Speak for yourself Bioshock would make for a great flick. I'd love to see Rapture and the Big Daddys on the big screen!

All I can envision is a schlocky B-horror movie with pretentious overtones.

News Comments > Penny Arcade Interview
4. Re: Penny Arcade Interview Apr 17, 2011, 02:45 Scottish Martial Arts

I cannot stand the PA guys to be honest.  

News Comments > More Games to Use the Skyrim Engine
11. Re: another tiddlybit from engineer boss Jan 25, 2011, 12:44 Scottish Martial Arts

The difference is that Quake 1 was an incredibly solid engine. Gamebryo, on the other hand, is a colossal piece of shit.  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Announced
21. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Announced Jan 19, 2011, 21:28 Scottish Martial Arts

zirik wrote on Jan 19, 2011, 20:38:
is oleg involved in this expansion? he needs to focus on finishing SOW.

This IS Storms of War. They just attached the IL-2 brand to it and changed the title to something a touch less generic.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Announced
7. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Announced Jan 19, 2011, 00:44 Scottish Martial Arts

DangerDog wrote on Jan 19, 2011, 00:03:
They had better bring that CE version to the US, I want that 150 page instruction manual!

Likewise. This will be a day one, collector's edition purchase for me.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
3. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Jan 6, 2011, 17:59 Scottish Martial Arts

You work for blizzard? Any chance you can hook us up with the lifetime WoW subscriptions?  

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum on Steam
3. Re: Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum on Steam Dec 27, 2010, 20:57 Scottish Martial Arts

Well Dragon Age was pretty fucking terrible, and NWN2 wasn't any better, so yeah. Fortunately Mask of the Betrayer was superb.  

News Comments > WoW Community Site
3. Re: WoW Community Site Dec 5, 2010, 22:47 Scottish Martial Arts

Well in fairness, the new community site has been up for a couple months now, and its official launch was about a week ago. During all that time this is the first instance where I've seen it down.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Updates
27. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 4, 2010, 02:19 Scottish Martial Arts

ockky wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 17:08:
what's the definition of 'Synonym' again?

Synonym refers to words with the same, or extremely close, meaning. In other words, mage and wizard both mean the same thing.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Plans
28. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Plans Nov 23, 2010, 11:32 Scottish Martial Arts

Oh it's out. The patch is up. I watched the intro movie and can stare at the login screen of Deathwing perched on the gates of Stormwind. The actual servers are still down for maintenance and won't be up for another hour or two though.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Plans
7. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Plans Nov 23, 2010, 01:30 Scottish Martial Arts

This article doesn't make it clear, but there are only a few hours left of the original WoW world. When the servers go back up after weekly maintenance tomorrow morning, the cataclysm will have happened and all the new 1-60 content will go live. The Worgen, Goblins, and the 81-85 content require purchasing Cataclysm when it's released on the 7th, but otherwise Cataclysm is live tomorrow at around 11AM PST.  

News Comments > EA's Old Republic Role Expands
6. Re: EA's Old Republic Role Expands Nov 11, 2010, 18:38 Scottish Martial Arts

Still, the game does not look good at all. It may surprise on release, but if I had to bet, my money would be on this being as big a debacle as Star Wars Galaxies.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Nov 5, 2010, 21:41 Scottish Martial Arts

The reboots with Craig were far too serious and felt like a two hour long episode of 24. He was basically a British Jack Bauer.

I take it that you haven't read any of the novels. Lemme guess, Roger Moore is your favorite Bond?

And Creston cannot into bestsellers apparently.

News Comments > Icewind Dale 2 Complete on GOG.com
4. Re: Icewind Dale 2 Complete on GOG.com Nov 4, 2010, 23:29 Scottish Martial Arts

For those who are curious, the Complete moniker is a bit misleading. The adventure pack included in this release is in fact nothing more than an extra merchant who sold a half-dozen or so unique items. Still a solid game though.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches
16. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches Oct 1, 2010, 00:17 Scottish Martial Arts

I haven't played a FF games since Tactics on the PSX, and my understanding is that FF14 is soul-draining Asian grindfest MMO, but I do really appreciate that Square continues to make games for their fans rather than "innovating to bring the experience to a whole new audience", where innovating means just ripping off what ever is popular at the moment and fobbing it off as something new and exciting.  

2691 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo