Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dan Grady

Real Name Dan Grady   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nighthawk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1207571
Description
Homepage http://frozenreality.ca
Signed On Jun 12, 2002, 10:48
Total Comments 338 (Amateur)
User ID 13331

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
34. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 17:25 Nighthawk

From Friday, January 10th at 6:00PM EST
Until Sunday, January 12th at 11:59PM EST

E97TWX4CFJ9PJW7K667L

I can't stand stress tests, so enjoy, someone....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 5, 2014, 22:22 Nighthawk

Curiosity got the best of me, and I picked up Payday 2, and it's awesome.
First person combat CO-OP shooter, stealth/tactical game, you're part of a heist team.
It was worthy. $30 is full price, and I wouldn't regret paying that much either.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs
49. Re: MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs Dec 15, 2013, 04:37 Nighthawk

jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 21:46:
I feel quite certain that it's not the developers who come up with the idea of adding microtransactions...

You could ask Bethesda, I can't think of any example prior to horse armour that would be considered uTX (u/ is the sign for micro) before that.

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
13. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 4, 2013, 20:58 Nighthawk

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 20:50:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 20:32:
I would buy this if there were bot matches.
I would buy this if it was available on Steam and wasn't published by EA.
Lets not forget DICE's part in this, when have they ever released a stable product?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 25, 2013, 00:43 Nighthawk

Does the phone home? Or is validation coded in?

The irony is I've been using winamp since version 3 (maybe 2?) and finally paid for it a few months ago.

--Edit--
I'm sure it will be archived here:
http://www.oldversion.com/windows/winamp/

News Comments > WoW Connected Realms Update
15. Re: WoW Connected Realms Update Oct 26, 2013, 21:28 Nighthawk

Not to derail complete, but I dropped wow a while ago for SWTOR, like so many others, then it got dry VERY quickly, so I dropped that for more arcade play and into World of Tanks, then picked up Rift when it went F2P, and I've got to say it's a great substitution, F2P so you don't need to spend cash, and unlike SWTOR's nickle and dime model, you don't need to spend money to enjoy the game, its (for the most part) low importance extras that cost.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video
23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2013, 12:27 Nighthawk

Darks wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 11:23:
Im not going to say this is going to crash and burn, but at some point these guys are going to have to stop putting things into the game or it will never get finished. At some point they are going to have to concentrate on the game and getting it to alpha which is supposed to start in early 2014.

It wouldn't be the first game that's suffered that fate.
I can't recall which one I was reading about, but there was a game that was published with some of it's features because they kept adding things and dragging out the release. (Eventually the publisher forced them to tie off and release).

News Comments > The Sims 4 Next Fall
16. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 23, 2013, 12:19 Nighthawk

I'm pretty sure it's in every companies interests to NOT plan on screwing up a game intentionally, and I'm also pretty sure it's their game to patch as they see fit, and not ask anyone consent to do so.
They made the game, they know where they want to go with it.
You pay for the privilege or playing it, and if you don't like the way a company is going, you have the option of keeping your money from them.
EA is finally learning that last line.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 17:09 Nighthawk

It's greed plain and simple, it's not like most players don't know the real names (although, I didn't know the current model of the AH-1 is Viper, and no longer Cobra/Super).
Brings me back to when Counter Strike changed the names of the weapons...

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 24, 2013, 05:44 Nighthawk

I think the funny part is that they've come to this conclusion since the ipad was released in 2010? Now it only takes 3 years for kids to grow up?

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released
1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released Jul 23, 2013, 17:47 Nighthawk

The final commitment, now this game can slip quietly out of existance, kinda like Hicks between the movies.... (although, didn't they find his pod to have been sabotaged or something?)  

News Comments > Free Aliens: Colonial Marines
30. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 21, 2013, 06:00 Nighthawk

shihonage wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 18:07:
Aliens:CM makes Jurassic Park: Trespasser look like a masterpiece of game design. It is worthless from beginning to end.
Oh Trespasser, what fun you were.....

News Comments > Free Aliens: Colonial Marines
29. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 21, 2013, 06:00 Nighthawk

shihonage wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 18:07:
Aliens:CM makes Jurassic Park: Trespasser look like a masterpiece of game design. It is worthless from beginning to end.
Oh Trespasser, what gun you were.....

News Comments > World of Tanks Security "Event"
10. Re: World of Tanks Security Apr 23, 2013, 06:31 Nighthawk

Ferg is making some almost valid points, using extreme examples, but i you haven't tried and are considering, take it with a grain of sale.
An M4 with the high explosive gun (aka the derp) can one shot most light and mediums, --when it hits them in a soft spot-- owning one myself, I can attest to it doing next to nothing in some other tanks when the shot doesn't go exactly where it needs to be.
It isn't pay to win, not even close, because nothing you can buy makes up for a lack of skill or simple bad luck.
Tier 10 I can't speak with, but public matches are just what anyone would expect, public, not tactical.

Or try it, all players got emailed a new invite code which includes a free premium (and no longer available to existing players) tank:
WGGEAR for a Panzer 38H735, 3 days premium, 1000 gold, and a free garage slot.

News Comments > World of Tanks Security "Event"
6. Re: World of Tanks Security Apr 22, 2013, 16:31 Nighthawk

Tumbler has some great points and it's good to read a well written non-trolling comment.
As he said, you can play without spending real money on gold.
Fawker - tier 3 isn't an overly hard grind, and it gets better, with the last patch, the Pz2c is spam trolling all the lowbies, it sucks.
After a lot of time you'll get to tier 7, and then it pushing a little more towards getting a premium account and spending gold, not because they spam it, but because even a crappy win can net you negatives in cashflow (due to repair and reload).
The grind can be long if you don't, but in theory it's possible to get to a tier 10 tank (highest tier) without spending a cent.

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
57. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 17:24 Nighthawk

Maybe we can get Bethesda doing a SW RPG, could you imagine seeing the battle of hoth from a FPS POV?
Can't think of who I would want in charge of the next gen X-Wing / TIE Fighter game though.

The possibilities if they open themselves to licensing are excellent (and profitable), but also scary (with the wrong dev).

Too bad for the 150 suddenly unemployed people though.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
44. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 16:13 Nighthawk

I didn't pick the game up, and from what I've seen I won't be, but didn't this game come out YESTERDAY? That would mean they pushed out a product that wasn't finished.
There's no excuse for this, and we as gamers need to stand up and stop buying crap like this.
Combined with this new "seasons pass" trend, and day 1 DLC's, enough is enough.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 10, 2013, 22:36 Nighthawk

I wish they'd move away from shitty goods while they're at it.
Anyone heard of the MP900 the microsoft cordless phone they stopped supporting after a year, and then erased it from existence shortly after.
Red rings, neglected PC gaming, the windows 8 start...screen? (page?) There's a lot they need to move away from. (Yearly windows upgrades? wtf?)

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Nov 25, 2012, 18:32 Nighthawk

I'll bet his girlfriend was pissed...  

News Comments > Disney Acquires LucasArts
33. Re: Disney Acquires LucasArts Oct 31, 2012, 21:42 Nighthawk

Optional nickname wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 16:36:
WHEN IS X-WING VS TIE FIGHTER REMAKE COMING OUT THEN??

Seconded

338 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo