Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dan Grady

Real Name Dan Grady   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nighthawk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1207571
Description
Homepage http://frozenreality.ca
Signed On Jun 12, 2002, 10:48
Total Comments 326 (Amateur)
User ID 13331

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > $6M WoW Glider Judgment
19. Proof or it doesn't happen Oct 1, 2008, 13:53 Nighthawk

Verno - Step up and proove it.

As for the judgement, good, it's like Mingus said, they played with fire and got burnt.
It's affected every player whether they realize it or not, automated bot running from mining node to mining node, doing nothing but harvesting.
Not that this matters, since they open sourced it not, it won't go away...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Spore Piracy
72. What really kills me.... Sep 15, 2008, 12:26 Nighthawk

Is that people here, not everyone, and hopefully not MOST of them, say things like "I don't like the DRM so I'm not going to buy the game, I'll just download it.

Are you trying to impress someone? No, you're trying to justify nothing more than theft, veiled in protest.
Here's a concept to you, if you don't like the DRM, don't play the game, don't download it, don't pirate it, you're not fooling anyone trying to justify piracy as a protest.

I didn't like the idea of copy protection, but I wanted the game, I picked it up.
Ozmodan also had the right idea, buy the game, download the ISO, problem solved, you're supporting the dev team (which you should if you want the game) but doing away with the DRM.
Someone will do the math, see the ungodly ammount of ISO's downloaded, but also see the high sales and MAYBE figure it out.
/not likely EA, but someone else

wtf_man - then don't buy the game, it's simple.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. EA Dark Knight Game?? Aug 8, 2008, 22:16 Nighthawk

I can see it already, a poor PC port of a console game that's linear, with crappy graphics and no support.

Sounds craptacular to me!

/would still sell
//EA and crappy movie games can suck it.

News Comments > New Grimm Episode
6. Re: Is anyone really going to pay for this? Aug 7, 2008, 17:15 Nighthawk

Since episode 1 they've now set it up so you can't get the standalone version for free, you MUST install gametap.
Combine that with the AMD duel core crash bug, and the mediocre gameplay, and I've abandoned hope.

/starting to consider the industry wants PC's to stop gaming.

News Comments > Blizzard Works to Stop OpenSource WoW Glider
34. A glimmer of hope Aug 2, 2008, 06:00 Nighthawk

This could actually end up being a blessing in disguise if it gets released open source.
Blizz gets the code and knows how it operates, modifies the game to look for that, and boots the client, 3 strikes and you're banned, problem solved.

News Comments > Grimm Downloads Live
9. Interesting...and unstable Jul 31, 2008, 14:41 Nighthawk

It's alright, run around turning the happy story dark, however I've had some problems with the stability.
The into movie crashed, had to restart, and now I'm getting freezing sometimes, with no real reasoning.

Oh yeah, for those that have the same problems I'm running AMD, ATI, and Sound Blaster

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 15:01.

News Comments > Eventual Microtransactions in Spore?
27. Re: Ok Jul 30, 2008, 18:44 Nighthawk

Caveman - So because you don't agree with something they're doing you're going to steal it?
What kind of car do you drive? Does it work the same way?
People like you disgust me, if you don't like what they're doing with it, go without it...

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Media
2. Re: No subject Jul 28, 2008, 16:48 Nighthawk

70+ actually, try to keep up

News Comments > New Spore Prototype & Email Tool
3. Hardly Jul 25, 2008, 16:53 Nighthawk

Even if this game is boring as hell, it's still revolutionary in terms of what it's trying to do.
Just from the videos and gameplay footage it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

/Tired of people hating just B/C of EA....

News Comments > Wanted: The Game
1. Quality Jul 16, 2008, 16:50 Nighthawk

First, I want to say that I think that making games to go with the movie is a good idea, everyone who likes the movie wants to be a part of it, so the idea is to get the game.
However, the handfull of "Movie Games" (not to be confused with Game Movies, where the game came first) that I've played or demo'd or looked at the box all look the same.
It's almost always 3rd person, console designed, and asscrapular!
Before anyone else comments, yes I'm sure there are a few good ones, but it's like rap music, once in a while a good thing comes along, but the rest is usually crap.

Get some originality, work with a real design team.

/sounds like Max Payne for 08

News Comments > Tech Bits
7. Vista key on XP May 25, 2008, 05:25 Nighthawk

Anyone have a link handy that explains that, I've got vista ultimate that I would gladly swap out for XP pro...

/spits

News Comments > DICE: Gaming's Future is the Web
6. DICE listens to the consumer?? LOL May 8, 2008, 11:54 Nighthawk

I love it, gamers have been screaming at dice about flaws in their product (BF series, etc) and only 2 years after the release of their LATEST, BF2142 they're putting in the widescreen support that was wanted at product release, and yet they claim to know where the future of gaming is going.
Free tip, listen to the consumers, then you'll know what we want and where the future SHOULD go....asses...

News Comments > On Mass Effect & Spore Copy Protection
259. Hardware copy protection May 7, 2008, 16:54 Nighthawk

I would like to hear back from the devs in the group (primarily) and other users like me about my previous comment.
What do you all think about hardware based copy protection, it used to be found on a serial or parallel device that needed to be plugged in to use the program (called a dongle), but likely would be a USB type device now.
Is that practical for devs? What do the other users think, I would have no issue with that.

Also, yes I know it's crackable, but, I think it would be more challenging.

News Comments > On Mass Effect & Spore Copy Protection
32. Re: no subject May 6, 2008, 16:58 Nighthawk

I was already on the fence about getting mass effect, looks good, and I love bioware, but I don't like the idea of copy protection that I've already been burned by in the past going behind my back to validate every 10 days.
If it were...monthly I would be less annoyed, but it's the principal of the matter.

Derek - You're right, having it check in for someone who has an always on internet connection doesn't deal with the inconvenince, and I applaud anyone that does away with CD checking.
HOWEVER, not everyone complaining is a pirate, I'll still be buying spore, see my prior comments about innovation, and like someone earlier in this thread said, there IS going to be a crack the day after it comes out, so the only people affected are us who are going to buy and don't want to crack it.
My thoughts on non-intrusive copy protection, include a hardware coded crack, something like a USB stick (anyone remember the old serial "dongle's" ?) for validation.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Patch Info
2. Widescreen??? Apr 29, 2008, 11:16 Nighthawk

Holy shit widescreen already? I didn't expect this for another year...
/sarcasm

Too little too late...

News Comments > Gold Sales Lawsuit
30. Impatience Apr 7, 2008, 17:40 Nighthawk

So in a nutshell people buy gold because they're too impatient to work for it?
My pally is at lv68, and, just questing, not doing anything special, I can make 10-20 without even thinking...
As for using it to pay for the skill ups, that's usually a progressive thing, not something in the immediate anyway. I really wish Bliz could track where the gold comes from and if it's "purchased" make it disappear.
Remove the demand, the supply with vanish.

News Comments > Alone in the Dark Delay
4. Can't polish too much? Apr 3, 2008, 22:41 Nighthawk

Like DNF?

News Comments > City of Heroes/Villains In-game Ads
10. No subject Apr 3, 2008, 22:40 Nighthawk

Well, the monthly fee is going to drop since they're going to start making money on advertising right?

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
8. Refund? Apr 2, 2008, 15:14 Nighthawk

You can apply for your days refund at
http://gettheheckoutside.com/

News Comments > PROTOTYPE Delayed? Multiplayer Cut
4. Re: lame Mar 31, 2008, 21:32 Nighthawk

Maybe you'll have to change your name?
notquiteasbigaspenderasIwas

326 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 9.