Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for anon@24.76

Real Name anon@24.76   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname anon@24.76
Email anon2476@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 5, 2002, 00:25
Total Comments 358 (Amateur)
User ID 13255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Demo
42. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2004, 22:24 anon@24.76

VoodooV: well, you just provided a point in support of steam, with your comparison to the PATRIOT ACT.

Just like the act, most americans dont think of the implications and just bend over for it. Just tell them its for the security or cheaper prices or so they dont have to get off their fat asses and go outside into the terrorist infested world.

I didnt buy hl2 and im not planing to.
Becuase of the fact that there is no replayabilty and my friend doesnt care for online games, I just borrowed his dvd, and used the steam emulator that comes with the pirate version. Now I get more functionality out of the game then he did, ie if the server goes down I can still install and play it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More WoW H@x0rs Banned
16. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2004, 01:09 anon@24.76

Watching some mmorpg players play I can see how it would be hard to tell them from bots. Much of their time seems to be spent doing stuff that a small script could do just as well.

And add in the fact that people can sell this crap for actual money, and thats a good incentive for smart people to make bots.

News Comments > Hard to be a God
36. Re: No subject Dec 3, 2004, 05:57 anon@24.76

"
the medieval and the alternative future.

Two very underutilized gaming themes.
"

As opposed to present day Counter-strike shit? or maybe WW2 rehash?

Im sure we need more of both of those.

News Comments > Valve Wins Cyber Café Suit
35. Re: Get the Vivendi Finger OUTTA THERE! Nov 30, 2004, 06:15 anon@24.76

"When you buy an entertainment product, be it movie or game, you buy the LICENSE to use that product for yourself or your family. "

And thats the biggest BS in the USA.
A game isnt like a movie, which you can show to multiple people at once.

So can gun or car manufacture's make it so that you as a person can not buy their product then rent it out to other people?

News Comments > Vampire Patch Plans
88. Re: Don't Nov 29, 2004, 00:32 anon@24.76

so, any way to skip the opening?

News Comments > Vampire Patch Plans
58. Re: STFU Nov 28, 2004, 03:09 anon@24.76

I've had no crashes.
Is there a way to skip the opening intro?
I just want to test out new characters and the intro is like 10 minutes long and unskippable to me...

News Comments > 20,000 Steam Accounts Disabled
20. Re: Lol Nov 23, 2004, 15:26 anon@24.76

There was a method of preloading the content, then authorizing it with a key that was given out on the internet, and then disconnecting your modem when it was only half done authorizing, then the game would work. Obviously this method connected your steam account with the warez cdkey.
This doesnt bother anyone of the versions that used the steam emulator or just removed steam.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Authentication Follow-up
57. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2004, 05:23 anon@24.76

I even hate the idea of steam, so my plan was to just order a physical copy of it from a store, but upon reading the BS that it requeires steam and requires cdcheck I just thought screw it.
cancelled order right away.

also reading this helped
http://www.nforce.nl/nfos/renderer/ls-black.php?id=79184
NO steam.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2
168. Re: *sigh* Nov 16, 2004, 16:08 anon@24.76

hehe, all these problems with steam, while the pirates get a copy that works instantly. from pirate nfo
"This is the FINAL copy from STEAM, it emulates steam so you DO NOT NEED TO install steam, "

Quite funny.
Somehow I think most smart people predicted this.

News Comments > Knights of Honor & DAEMON Tools
24. Re: uhh Oct 4, 2004, 21:14 anon@24.76

all the people that liked the Blizzard vs BnetD decision better suck it up. Because stuff like this is directly related to that. Now companies could be allowed to put clauses in the EULA that would let them do anything to your computer, and if the BnetD decision isnt appealed there would be nothing you could do about it.

News Comments > Blizzard vs. BnetD Decision
21. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2004, 23:40 anon@24.76

yes. that is stupid.

Hopefully this will just drive the bnetd creators and other talented coders out of the united states.

News Comments > Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Patch
12. Re: Damn this game is goood. Sep 28, 2004, 02:09 anon@24.76

"The cutscenes are way to heavy. The marines are uptight religious guys. Do it our way or die. Sorta like republicans."
I kinda liked that.
There are no good guys. the space marine side are crazy human purity fanatics, but they are packed full of implants and even use their corpses to control robots.

They probably only had one single player campaign due to budget contraints. like they could have one decent one with good voice acting, or 4 crapy campaigns and have the programers doing the voice work. and we know how that would turn out. Not all companies have hte budget of blizzard.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 02:11.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
52. Re: Interstate Bakeries files for bankru Sep 23, 2004, 16:32 anon@24.76

I think some rich person should fill a big, glass sided pool full of jello, then explore it using SCUBA gear.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Micro$shaft Sep 23, 2004, 15:08 anon@24.76

its funny also cause of this article
Click for Infection - New spam opt-out infection link.
click on a link in IE, get infected with virus.

News Comments > Valve versus Sierra
150. Re: regarding steam.. Sep 21, 2004, 13:04 anon@24.76

Rilus, I think YOU are more of an example of fanboyism, then Beaver is of "trolling" Just read his recent comments, he responded to specific answers about some of his specific critisms.

"HL2 in Steam just like everybody else." Is also BS. I for one am not going to use it. I bet there will probably be a steam-free version released on the net before most people finish getting it through steam.

News Comments > Valve versus Sierra
121. Re: Hate It? How'd You Make It Better? Sep 20, 2004, 23:33 anon@24.76

I for one strongly question the saftey of running steam on your computer.
It comes from a company that cant even keep its source code safe, and whos leader is an ex-microsoft employee who uses his name for his passwords and uses outlook on development machines...

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Release Candidate
42. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2004, 02:29 anon@24.76

what I think is really funny, is that in the majority of all the new HL2/Gabe related threads gabe's loverboys come out in outrage agains people calling him fat, even though no one has even done it in that thread, on in any recent one.

News Comments > Game Movies - Half-Life 2
14. Re: Guild wars Sep 11, 2004, 20:12 anon@24.76

Uhhm this is common knowledge. Valve has said in more than one interview that the E3 video of 2003 was scripted. Sorry but there is no conspiracy.
Except for the part where you are full of it.

They passed the video off as a demonstration of the good ai, it was only after the leak that they changed their tune.
Im sure the game will be fun, but just dont hold it up as an example of super ai.

News Comments > Game Movies - Half-Life 2
5. Re: Guild wars Sep 11, 2004, 18:18 anon@24.76

After playing the HL2 beta Im totaly put off of any of their videos.
All the video stuff shown at E3 that was supposed to show how good the ai was is complete fakery. The beta had the levels from the e3 video, and if you didnt do exactly what they did in the video, it showed how scripted everything was.
One of the most glaring examples was the part where the grunt is chasing freeman, and freeman closes the door, only to have the grun kick it open and come in. Well, if you just kill the grunt, then close the door, it still gets kicked in a few seconds later.

News Comments > BF Vietnam 1.2 Details
27. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2004, 00:09 anon@24.76

yes, but they both cost money, and the company probably has a finite supply of money...

358 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo